PDA

View Full Version : Question about the grind in PSU

Axel Wulf
Aug 4, 2011, 08:31 PM
I loved the old Phantasy Star Online games due to I never felt like I was grinding due to I would just run through a ton of missions and get stuff that way.

Last time I played PSU though people would just grind the same area again and again and again.

Is that still the case?
Do people just grind the same area's all the time for items, exp etc still?

Or do people actually run through a bunch of different missions to fight bosses and see different stuff.

So in ending, should I try PSU again? or just wait for PSO2?

So far leaning to wait due to even if we grind the same area a bunch it wont feel as much of a grind due to the changing area's.

Thanks for reading =3

DesignZ
Aug 4, 2011, 08:55 PM
Their isn't much different stuff out seeing as how the game has been out for what? 5+ years now? People usually Spam the same mission seeing is that its all this game has left.

Axel Wulf
Aug 4, 2011, 08:56 PM
ah thanks, think I'll just wait then.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2011, 09:36 PM
Why wouldn't you run the most efficient areas?

Axel Wulf
Aug 5, 2011, 04:00 PM
Because I like doing something different for a few hours then the same thing over and over again for a few hours is why.

TheAstarion
Aug 6, 2011, 01:33 PM
I know how you feel.

I go solo random missions all the time, because nobody wants to leave White Beast unless there's an event on... and even then it's a bit of a chore getting more than one or two close friends to follow you.

If you're strong enough to do it, and comfortable enough with your own company, by all means. Or you could try JP PSU, where new missions are coming out all the time (or at least recycled events) and the population is spread out everywhere. JP players don't spam White Beast anywhere near as much as the Western players do... so much so that half the new weapons get added to White Beast's drop boxes to get people to play it!

Axel Wulf
Aug 6, 2011, 04:16 PM
Ah, that too is another option, still thinking about just waiting and playing other stuff to fill the time while thinking what I'll make my characters look like and all @.@ hope they bring back beasts.