PDA

View Full Version : Geo vs. Lan

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 5, 2011, 01:07 PM
Like the title says, Geo Stelar of Mega Man Starforce against Lan Hikari of Megaman EXE.

Who's the better character? Who would win in a fight?

No, I'm not asking which game series is better. Just the characters.

http://www.megamansite.ewebsite.com/img/mid/13/starforce-and-exe.jpg

Randomness
Aug 5, 2011, 02:04 PM
Strictly based on the games, Geo wins, because he has combo cards which are far far more OP than anything in the Battle Network games. (Well, a +80 bodyguard PA might do it, but that's the closest I can think of offhand)

AC9breaker
Aug 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
The one on the right because the one on the left is too androgynous.

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
Personally... I liked both series equally...

But starforce kinda grew on me.

I like like how Lan and Megaman always have to do something clever to solve problems.

But I think Geo has had better character development, at least in the first game. Also loved Starforce 3 because of the Noise concepts gameplay wise mostly. Last but not least, I like how the hero transforms into megaman instead of working with him. But that's strongly because I love super sentai and Kamen Rider(Power rangers, tokusatsu, ect for the non-weaboo's/people that care.)

edit: And yeah again with starforce 3, megamans design just looks the best.

Seth Astra
Aug 5, 2011, 02:45 PM
Lan, 'cause I'm horridly biased against Star Force. I don't think there's a single thing I felt Star Force did better than Battle Network.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 5, 2011, 02:58 PM
Personally... I liked both series equally...

But starforce kinda grew on me.

I like like how Lan and Megaman always have to do something clever to solve problems.

But I think Geo has had better character development, at least in the first game. Also loved Starforce 3 because of the Noise concepts gameplay wise mostly. Last but not least, I like how the hero transforms into megaman instead of working with him. But that's strongly because I love super sentai and Kamen Rider(Power rangers, tokusatsu, ect for the non-weaboo's/people that care.)

edit: And yeah again with starforce 3, megamans design just looks the best.

I completely agree with you on that. I always loved the noise concept in StarForce 3, and yeah, transforming into MegaMan was a +.

FOkyasuta
Aug 5, 2011, 03:25 PM
Controller vs. The Controlled? How is that fair?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
What do you mean?

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2011, 03:47 PM
Think of it as GEO and Omega-Xis
and Lan and Megaman.exe

Then...

Chukie sue
Aug 7, 2011, 09:09 PM
In my opinion, when contrasted again Battle Network, Star force and Geo are both s***. Battle network had much more gameplay, Program advances, hella better story, and oh yeah, Lan had a personality. Geo is an emotionless kid who runs about being bossed around by his fist-wolf-dog.

And yes, I voted based upon the characters only, not the games.

yoshiblue
Aug 7, 2011, 10:00 PM
One has a chance at actually dieing? Were the other could just de-sync or be repair. (never played starforce so I really don't know)

Mega Man Battle Network Five Double Team DS!!!

NoiseHERO
Aug 7, 2011, 11:18 PM
Starforce... The human boy actually does the fighting...

So yeah he die ferreals.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
In my opinion, when contrasted again Battle Network, Star force and Geo are both s***. Battle network had much more gameplay, Program advances, hella better story, and oh yeah, Lan had a personality. Geo is an emotionless kid who runs about being bossed around by his fist-wolf-dog.

And yes, I voted based upon the characters only, not the games.

Sounds like you just played Battle Network and then ranted about how Lan's better.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 7, 2011, 11:49 PM
Starforce... The human boy actually does the fighting...

So yeah he die ferreals.

Wasn't there also an arc in (NT Warrior I think) Where Lan could do Cross-Fusion with Megaman?

Anon_Fire
Aug 8, 2011, 12:48 AM
Wasn't there also an arc in (NT Warrior I think) Where Lan could do Cross-Fusion with Megaman?

Yes there was

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 8, 2011, 12:53 AM
I knew it!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2011, 01:52 AM
Nobody watches those for canon anyway.

In terms of character development, I'd say Geo has that beat. At first, he was a reclusive whiny bitch. Then he actually manned up a bit after the first Star Force, it seems. I don't actually know, I haven't played past the first one, I sold my DS.

I don't think Lan had any real character development, besides I WANNA BE, THE VERY BEST. But personally, I did like the Battle Network series way more. Way deeper system of battle. Star Force was entirely too easy. I beat it three times. And I don't mean finished the last boss. I mean got EVERYTHING in the game. Even the crossover stuff if you have the Battle Network card in your GBA slot.

blace
Aug 8, 2011, 04:23 AM
Geo in terms of character development, Lan because the games had a deep system. Battle Network 3 was the one game I actually went and tried to unlock all of the stars and even went as far as developing strategies to fight Bass in the secret area.

Geo is like what Nitro said, whiny bitch and mans up later. Game isn't as intuitive as it was in BN, but in MM:SF3 the system got a slight revamp. Not like 2 wasn't great, but the whole tribe system and the multiple games was a pain. It was great to be able to input a code to let you use Tribe King whenever just doesn't feel well worth it like Bug style in BN3.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 06:58 AM
I totally already said that zero emo kids to hero man'd up kid stuff like 20 posts ago, you guys suck. ]:

Also the poll said "besides which one was just the better game" ]:

blace
Aug 8, 2011, 07:08 AM
I totally already said that zero emo kids to hero man'd up kid stuff like 20 posts ago, you guys suck. ]:

Also the poll said "besides which one was just the better game" ]:
Saw it a while ago and typed what I typed after having not slept yet.

Poll says which character we think is better.

Angelo
Aug 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
I pick X.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2011, 12:47 PM
I pick X.
Not in the poll.

Sort of agree.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 02:17 PM
Lan's generic shounen face still getting more votes. ]:

At least he's funnier than Geo.

Classic Megaman is still my favorite.

Outside of the handheld RPG's...They all have the same personality though X is just more serious and Volnutt just has more lines. "I'm a happy go lucky robot kid *cough*and not astroboy*cough* who beats up evil robots and helps people for justice!"

yoshiblue
Aug 8, 2011, 09:59 PM
To bad Girouette wasn't the main character, let alone playable, in ZX.