PDA

View Full Version : Is this game confirmed that it is not coming to consoles?

scorpio4484
Aug 5, 2011, 02:07 PM
I was just browsing through some topics to try and find my answer but I did not have any luck.

Has there been any definitive information on PSO2 not releasing for consoles?

Thanks in advance

Malachite
Aug 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
As of now, it's confirmed to only be for Windows PC.

Dre_o
Aug 5, 2011, 02:10 PM
At the moment, they have ONLY confirmed it for Windows PC.

Does this mean it won't go to console later in a port? Not necessarily. But RIGHT NOW, this iteration is only for PC.

Please check the Info Thread for questions like this next time.

condiments
Aug 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this would qualify this as definitive but Sakai has stated that,

"In order to keep this gaming for a long time and for the greatest number of users, we have decided on the PC which offers a very free format platform. Also we're trying to make it so that this game does NOT require a brand new PC so that people who are new to the platform can play and enjoy it as well."

It would seem they are tailoring the game specifically to the PC's strengths, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure it will not be introduced to consoles.

scorpio4484
Aug 5, 2011, 02:14 PM
I really hope the game eventually comes to the 360, I first started online gaming with PSO back on the DC, and got all the versions all the way through up to the GC versions, and it was the best online gaming Ive had, I really miss the experience and hope it comes again.

Thank you guys for the info

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2011, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised 12 people didn't bumrush into this thread within 30 minutes, all saying the same "OMG WHY'D YOU MAKE THIS THREAD, NO SHIT IT'S PC ONLY!"

Maybe this topic isn't delicate enough.

But yeah PC ONRY.

Malachite
Aug 5, 2011, 02:16 PM
OMG WHY'D YOU MAKE THIS THREAD? NO SHIT IT'S PC ONLY!

Anon_Fire
Aug 5, 2011, 02:18 PM
"In order to keep this gaming for a long time and for the greatest number of users, we have decided on the PC which offers a very free format platform. Also we're trying to make it so that this game does NOT require a brand new PC so that people who are new to the platform can play and enjoy it as well."

That's excatly what Sakai said.

scorpio4484
Aug 5, 2011, 02:19 PM
Well I appreciate the people who took the time to be helpful on the subject

Redboigoi
Aug 5, 2011, 03:23 PM
May as well take this time to save and build a decent gaming PC. It will only cost $400-500$... it will pay off at the end.

Randomness
Aug 5, 2011, 03:25 PM
May as well take this time to save and build a decent gaming PC. It will only cost $400-500$... it will pay off at the end.

Ah... the savings of DIY.

condiments
Aug 5, 2011, 03:27 PM

Agreed. It is my personal assumption that this will not be coming to the Xbox. If you really intend on playing this game, its through a gaming PC.

Vashyron
Aug 5, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'd say better to wait until a solid release date is confirmed and build a PC close to there, parts inevitably get cheaper over time.

Ark22
Aug 5, 2011, 04:17 PM
I'd say better to wait until a solid release date is confirmed and build a PC close to there, parts inevitably get cheaper over time.

Or they will lower the specs to make the game PC friendly, because sega would not do well if everyone had to buy new PC's just for one game and many other factors. I mean they still have Direct 9x :P

Malachite
Aug 5, 2011, 04:19 PM
They're not gonna lower the specs anymore lol. They're already very low.

If anything, they'll get higher.

KingBeeb
Aug 5, 2011, 04:25 PM
MMOs have to have low specs, you big sillies :3c

I find it funny how the PC ONRY camp are the same people who would openly welcome the game on Wii, despite it being the console that would hold the game back. Like a certain console held PSU back.

I seriously don't understand the RAGE of people who want it on PC. I'd prefer it on Xbox because all the online Phantasy Star games have been on consoles, and consoles are easier to play on for Phantasy Star's combat.

Malachite
Aug 5, 2011, 04:26 PM
We're the same people?

Funny, cause I think the Wii is an abomination lol. Where are you getting such info?

As for your 'easier to play on consoles' argument... that's silly lol. Buy a gamepad.

Hell, ever 360 gamepads work on PC.

SephirothXer0
Aug 5, 2011, 04:28 PM
MMOs have to have low specs, you big sillies :3c

I find it funny how the PC ONRY camp are the same people who would openly welcome the game on Wii, despite it being the console that would hold the game back. Like a certain console held PSU back.

I seriously don't understand the RAGE of people who want it on PC. I'd prefer it on Xbox because all the online Phantasy Star games have been on consoles, and consoles are easier to play on for Phantasy Star's combat.

Why Xbox? Where you have to pay an extra fee ON TOP of your regular ISP and Sega's monthly fee?

And you can simply plug your Xbox controller into your PC and your PC into your TV. Problem solved, it's now on a console.

scorpio4484
Aug 5, 2011, 04:40 PM
Why Xbox? Where you have to pay an extra fee ON TOP of your regular ISP and Sega's monthly fee?

And you can simply plug your Xbox controller into your PC and your PC into your TV. Problem solved, it's now on a console.

I was a fan of PC back in college when there was nothing else, now with Xbox live all my friends and family are on there and I enjoy playing with them, we do all the major co-op and fps games on there together.

And on the note of the fee, while the PSU fee was insane and I did not play that game long because imo it sucked bad, if they would just make this game good like PSO there would not need to have a extra fee for monthly updates.

KoNeko1192
Aug 5, 2011, 06:59 PM

Contrary to popular belief, you actually don't need Xbox Live Gold to play PSU (or FFXI) online since they have their own online fees. I currently am using an Xbox Live Free account to play PSU because it's the only game I play online anyway.

While I would certainly welcome PSO2 on the Xbox (and I guarantee it would be on the system if PSU performed well on the 360 in Japan), it makes sense to keep the community together on one platform to save resources. If it means quicker updates, a larger community, and a longer lasting server that won't get shut off in about 3 years, then I'm all for the PC. But that's just me.

Ark22
Aug 5, 2011, 07:12 PM
The graphics don't look super great xD. Plus Sega said they want PSO to play on regular Computers. Hell I bet they may lower the specs since the widely use Intel HD 3000 GPU will support it. Because I don't Sega will make alot of money if they have to make people buy high end PC's just to play a game..mainly in this economy. Just an opinion though.

condiments
Aug 5, 2011, 08:06 PM
The graphics don't look super great xD. Plus Sega said they want PSO to play on regular Computers. Hell I bet they may lower the specs since the widely use Intel HD 3000 GPU will support it. Because I don't Sega will make alot of money if they have to make people buy high end PC's just to play a game..mainly in this economy. Just an opinion though.

Proper art direction and the game doesn't need "NEXT GEN GRAPHICX" to look pleasing to the eye. Mind boggling graphics might be good for promotional videos, but its gameplay that will keep people playing for years.

Plus, I'll be running this game on its highest settings, so it will be no problem for me. :wacko:

Ark22
Aug 5, 2011, 08:10 PM
It really doesn't :P. I think personally, they will drop the graphics down. I mean it looks like Mass effect on low settings xD

Kent
Aug 5, 2011, 09:24 PM
Considering that you don't have to pay for Xbox Live to play Phantasy Star Universe (or FFXI, due to their separate monthly fees) and the fact that Monster Hunter Frontier's monthly fee actually gives you Xbox Live Gold access as a subscription benefit, having to pay for Xbox Live Gold isn't really part of the question here, so... What extra fee are you talking about, anyway?

BioWarrior
Aug 5, 2011, 09:50 PM
Sadly it's now required by Microsoft that all games need xbox live gold to go online and not interact with other platforms, or atleast that's what square enix said when they talked about wanting to bring FFXIV to 360 as well. So probably no chance of seeing PSO2 on xbox 360 at all.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 5, 2011, 09:52 PM
Openly welcome the game on the Wii? Who the fuck said that?

Um. All of the Phantasy Star games that have been online have also been on PC. And handhelds. That's a pretty poor argument, just sayin'.

Hotobu
Aug 6, 2011, 11:45 AM
I told people it was a bad idea to close the old thread. Since its closing there have been about 4 threads just like this. Now you've got people complaining about the same thread being created over and over again as opposed to one catch-all thread.

Perfect Troll
Aug 6, 2011, 12:01 PM
For this game to thrive, it can only exist on the PC, possibly the PS3.

The 360 was just terrible. Microsoft seemed to make it a goal to smother development of the game with their money-grubbing red tape. It's simply not plausible for Sega to go out of their way to try and go through Microsoft to maintain the game on the 360. The PSU on the 360 is nearly 2 years behind projected updates, because of how crappy the relationship Microsoft has with Sega.

If you want a game that has dedication behind it, that is bogged down and limited by an overbearing middle man, the PC is the way to go.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2011, 12:40 PM
If M$ is trying to pull that off then no. I believe it the reason why rareware and Bungi wanted to leave?

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2011, 12:50 PM
I hope this game comes out on the wii.

scorpio4484
Aug 6, 2011, 12:57 PM
If M$ is trying to pull that off then no. I believe it the reason why rareware and Bungi wanted to leave?

Woah woah woah, we are getting way off topic now, first off Bungie and Microsoft have had a great relationship as Bungie as stated several times over

"This exciting evolution of our relationship with Microsoft will enable us to expand both creatively and organizationally in our mission to create world-class games," there has never been any articles stating WHY Bungie wanted to leave other then the fact they want some more freedom to create other games besides Halo.

And on the topic of PSU on Xbox 360 being behind on updates/whatever, its not Microsofts fault that devs attempt to rush updates that break their games even further.

They have a Certification process that all updates/patches/dlc must meet before it is pushed to live so that the said updates dont wreck the game unlike other formats/consoles who just push the updates live

Another reason its behind is lets face it, PSU is a craptastic game and even so still has the largest community on the 360? Man there is just too much fanboyism/console bashing on these forums, it might as well be gamefaqs

For this game to thrive, it can only exist on the PC, possibly the PS3.

The 360 was just terrible. Microsoft seemed to make it a goal to smother development of the game with their money-grubbing red tape. It's simply not plausible for Sega to go out of their way to try and go through Microsoft to maintain the game on the 360. The PSU on the 360 is nearly 2 years behind projected updates, because of how crappy the relationship Microsoft has with Sega.

If you want a game that has dedication behind it, that is bogged down and limited by an overbearing middle man, the PC is the way to go.

Also I dont remember any of the first Phantasy Star Online games needing constant updates and patches to thrive because they made the game, it had content and it lasted because it was good.

When psu launched it had NO CONTENT, you went to parum and ran the dragon mission over and over again for what 2 months? And even when they started to unlock content (which was already on the disc) it was already too late and everyone left the game.

If they made this game like PSO and didint need constant updates and membership fees then the game would sell just fine on consoles and be amazing

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 01:05 PM
PSO is a prime example..it had quests :P

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2011, 01:09 PM
Woah woah woah, we are getting way off topic now, first off Bungie and Microsoft have had a great relationship as Bungie as stated several times over

"This exciting evolution of our relationship with Microsoft will enable us to expand both creatively and organizationally in our mission to create world-class games," there has never been any articles stating WHY Bungie wanted to leave other then the fact they want some more freedom to create other games besides Halo.

And on the topic of PSU on Xbox 360 being behind on updates/whatever, its not Microsofts fault that devs attempt to rush updates that break their games even further.

They have a Certification process that all updates/patches/dlc must meet before it is pushed to live so that the said updates dont wreck the game unlike other formats/consoles who just push the updates live

Another reason its behind is lets face it, PSU is a craptastic game and even so still has the largest community on the 360? Man there is just too much fanboyism/console bashing on these forums, it might as well be gamefaqs

I have nothing against consoles. You know rumors and how they start. I heard that Microsoft also try to put their say in what they want in other's games. In other words control what they add or make. Rumor are rumors though. I see more elitism then console bashing in gamefaqs though.

scorpio4484
Aug 6, 2011, 01:16 PM
I have nothing against consoles. You know rumors and how they start. I heard that Microsoft also try to put their say in what they want in other's games. In other words control what they add or make. Rumor are rumors though. I see more elitism then console bashing in gamefaqs though.

Gamefaqs is just a complete mess in general when it comes to the boards...I remember when I joined when it first launched and you could ask a question and get a real answer and have intelligent discussions...oh those were the days

scorpio4484
Aug 6, 2011, 01:18 PM
PSO is a prime example..it had quests :P

Exactly, and they say that they want to "deliver" more content straight to us, oh boy so we will get seasonal lobbies and easter rappies and a few events like 1up cup? No thanks

Just make a good game with good content, prime example of this is borderlands, they made a good game with good content and just expanded upon it with DLC, I never saw Easter Skags to bring people in to play

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2011, 01:20 PM
No really...

Everyone is still getting butthurt over this topic?

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
Lol how is everyone butt hurt o.O. I mean if I heard someones voice and they yelled...THEN I understand =D. People just want it for consoles. Don't blame them xP

Darki
Aug 6, 2011, 01:38 PM
and consoles are easier to play on for Phantasy Star's combat.

Easier?

Lol.

You can even plug a Wiimote, a Playstation or a xbox gamepad to a computer with the proper adaptor (and as they're using bluetooth and other wireless technology lately, it's even easier to do). I actually played PSU with Wii's classic controller...

So, why would be easier to play PSO2 on a, say, PS3 than on a computer with a PS gamepad?

The fact is that it's much easier to play this game on a computer, for example you have keyboard to talk and use shortcuts to many keys.

Perfect Troll
Aug 6, 2011, 01:48 PM

Microsoft started cracking down on their policies, recently. There were several things that were pushed as updates, but never saw the light of day, due to lack of cooperation on Microsoft's end. The Chatpad and Guardians Cash implementations were some of them.

blazingsonic
Aug 6, 2011, 02:16 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this would qualify this as definitive but Sakai has stated that,

It would seem they are tailoring the game specifically to the PC's strengths, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure it will not be introduced to consoles.

That puts my mind at ease then, I don't have to get Dell's high end PCs after all.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
That's what I am trying to tell everyone. They may just dumb down specs D=<!!!
They want it PC friendly, not "Hey everyone, buy a new $600+ dollar PC and play this wesome game with us =D"

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 02:50 PM
That puts my mind at ease then, I don't have to get Dell's high end PCs after all.

...What? Nothing about this post makes sense.

I mean, Dell... high end? lol

The specs are not going to get any lower, if anything they'll get higher lol.

blazingsonic
Aug 6, 2011, 02:54 PM
...What? Nothing about this post makes sense.

I mean, Dell... high end? lol

They specs are not going to get any lower, if anything they'll get higher lol.

Opinions Opinions.....

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 02:56 PM
I dunnnoo man xD

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 03:17 PM
Opinions Opinions.....
If you think Dells are high end, then you know nothing about computers.

If you think specs from the alpha are somehow going to go down lower than they actually are, you know nothing about PC games in general. They're already low as hell, and the game is only going to continue to get better looking. The only thing that could somehow, MAYBE make them go down more is through a great job of optimization on Sega's part... and lol @ that. Even if that were the case, Sega would most likely opt for better graphics rather than EVEN lower pc specs.

Seriously, those specs are basically a decent computer from five years ago. They're not going to go any lower, that would just be silly. While Sega may be trying to keep them low for more accessibility to players, they're not designing this game so that everyone's grandma's computer can run it.

Oh, and btw, those are the MINIMUM requirement specs. That means if you just meet them, you'll be able to start the game and play at extremely low FPS on extremely low settings. By any means, they're not a good example of the kind of PC you'll need to run the game at anything half decent.

Sorry, the hope of running this game at anything that can be considered 'good', on a PC that isn't even a little above those specs is quite dismal.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 04:10 PM
Lol we only know so much about it. :P We can only wait =D

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 04:19 PM
Even if they do go down somewhat, they're only going to go down a tiny bit, unless Sega feels like making the graphics even worse, and that's not gonna happen.

And even then, you're gonna need a PC that's a bit past the minimum specs to get an enjoyable experience out of it.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 04:22 PM
Lol the graphics won't go down that much :P. Maybe the effects, because PSO2 still doesn't look graphically compelling. Looks like PSO graphics just shinier and more detailed.

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 04:26 PM
They're far, far beyond that of PSO, and Sega simply isn't going to downgrade the graphics anymore than they already are just to get the minimum requirement down a bit more.

I understand why you might want it to be more accessible, but it's already as much so as it's going to get.

If you don't have a PC that's powerful enough to meet the minimum specs as of now, even if they do lower them some, you're not gonna be playing in a very enjoyable way. You'll need a new/upgraded computer, and that's that.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 6, 2011, 04:42 PM
Opinions Opinions.....
Dell's suck. That's a well known fact.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 04:48 PM
Like I said, we don't know much, they may just be overshooting the graphics to test the games full ability. :P

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 04:55 PM
No, they're not lol. You're just either being blindly hopeful or somewhat in denial.

If you knew anything about what kind of game needs what kind of specs, you would understand that there isn't really much possibility of the specs going any lower, unless Sega downgrades the graphics... and they're not going to do that lol. The graphics are already very low, as are the specs accordingly.

I don't even understand how you expect them to get lower with how low they already are. They're already cutting it back to the average specs for games that came out around 2005-2006. You really think they're gonna design this game as if it were more than 6 years old? No, that would destroy sales more than help them.

I'd start saving up for a new computer if I were you.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
Lol you are just being obnoxious xD. I am just saying since we rarely know anything D= I mean hey I got a job and alot of money. I only wonder, because Sega isn't known for being graphic whores. The dood even said himself, he will have it run on everyday computers. That's the only reason why I am saying this. So calm down D=<

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 05:07 PM
YOU may not know, but anyone with any kind of technical knowledge in this area would tell you the same. Also, you're basing your entire argument on one single sentence, and all that was said was that they wanted it to be able to run on a wide range of machines. I'd say with the specs as they are now, they've accomplished that already. They're not going to go down by more than a few percent of what they are now, if they do at all.

As for you calling me obnoxious, all I'm doing is presenting you with the factual arguments of how these things work, and you're just saying 'NUH UH WE DONNO'.

There is no magic spell that's going to make this game run on 'everyday computers'. The only way that's going to happen is if they downgrade it excessively, and I find it extremely hard to believe they'd work so hard on a game, just to downgrade it to the point where it's equivalent of something that came out 10 years ago. It's already EXTREMELY low-end, they're not gonna go any lower.

The sooner you accept this, the better. Then maybe you'll finally start working towards a PC that can actually run it, rather than just sitting back and wishing 'MAN I really hope Sega downgrades this game!'

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 05:17 PM
I am not even arguing =/ And I am working towards a PC actually,I can buy all the parts, I am just waiting lol. You need to stop assuming. And I have friend who work in the technical fields. I actually work in the technical field as a technical recruiter =D. But like I said just calm down and wait =(. So again, chill out =]!

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 05:21 PM
I am calm lol. I am merely trying to convince you of the actuality of the situation, rather than the extremely unlikely 'maybes' you choose to believe instead.

Ark22
Aug 6, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hey someone has to say maybe :P for some game we don't have alot of details for.

scorpio4484
Aug 6, 2011, 05:31 PM
Lol you are just being obnoxious xD. I am just saying since we rarely know anything D= I mean hey I got a job and alot of money. I only wonder, because Sega isn't known for being graphic whores. The dood even said himself, he will have it run on everyday computers. That's the only reason why I am saying this. So calm down D=<

Every day computers? I would like to hope for that but i doubt it, I got this Dell Inspirion 527S from Best Buy two years ago or so, it has Intel G41 Chipset for graphics

http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/desktops/desktop-inspiron-537s/pd.aspx?refid=desktop-inspiron-537s&s=gen

I highly doubt this pc would run PSO2??

err it has Pentium Dual Core CPI, E5200 @ 2.50 GHZ 2.49 GHZ, RAM 4 GB, 64 bit operating system, Windows Vista Home Premium,Intel G41 Chipset Graphics

Malachite
Aug 6, 2011, 06:42 PM
No, that would not run it lol.

KingBeeb
Aug 7, 2011, 11:27 AM
Malachite is obnoxious and knows nothing about computers :<

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 01:28 PM
You butthurt bro? Built the one I'm using right now, and I haven't found a game yet whose ass it couldn't kick.

Sounds like another guy who's ragin' over the fact he won't be able to play PSO2 ]:

blazingsonic
Aug 7, 2011, 01:38 PM
Dell's suck. That's a well known fact.

Well if you guys are so smart then recommend me a PC of your choice then, what irks me is when people flame me for whatever brand I use, be it Dell, Nintendo, whatever, and then not say a damn thing towards introducing anything they think is better, my first Laptop was a Dell my current laptop is a dell, in short, I've only done computer business with Dell, if there's a better brand out by all means tell me don't sit there and flame my decisions.

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 01:42 PM
ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about computers knows that Dells are and always have been absolute shit. Nintendo however, I love, so I donno where you're going with that.

An example of a better brand would be Asus, but a better way to do it all together is to just build your own. You'll save yourself tons of money if you just invest a bit of time learning how to do that.

Fayorei
Aug 7, 2011, 02:41 PM
PSO2 is an MMO. They'd shoot themselves in the foot if they made it anything a wide arrange of setups couldn't run, so I wouldn't even worry that much. It's not going to be a video card pusher, etc.

The beauty of MMO-type PC games is that they're accessible. Low video settings mean that most people will be able to pull this off, and then the people with the nicer machines can play on high settings. Personally, I've got a laptop that will most likely handle the "low" setting and a nice desktop that will be nice for seeing the game in its glory when I'm not on the go.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 7, 2011, 02:58 PM
Well if you guys are so smart then recommend me a PC of your choice then, what irks me is when people flame me for whatever brand I use, be it Dell, Nintendo, whatever, and then not say a damn thing towards introducing anything they think is better, my first Laptop was a Dell my current laptop is a dell, in short, I've only done computer business with Dell, if there's a better brand out by all means tell me don't sit there and flame my decisions.
Dell has a terrible reputation, anyone you talk to probably won't tell you good things about Dell, if they know what they're talking about.

If you want a good prebuilt computer, like Malachite said, Asus is a good place to start. I think Toshiba might have good things too, don't quote me on that. If you wanna get daring(and more than likely save money), you should do some research and build your own computer. It'll be way worth it in the long run. You'll save some money, be more savvy on your computer, and know pretty much exactly what's in your computer. I finally upgraded to this computer I'm using now earlier this year, and I've never been happier. I went from a single core Athlon 64 processor with 512 MB of DDR1 RAM, to the Phenom II X4 955 processor with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. Needless to say, I was extremely happy that I could actually play games. Mind you, putting together the computer took like seven hours, but that was because I had never done it before, and I was trying to make sure I got everything right the first time. It's a very rewarding experience and project to build your own computer.

blace
Aug 7, 2011, 03:09 PM
All I can say about Dell is that it was running on subpar hardware and lacked quite a bit. Before upgrading, memory usage was at 97-99% and it was lackluster with gaming. After having built a computer, with my cousin's help, from the ground up, there was a huge difference from it. All it cost me was around $747 for a near high end computer.

And if I remember correctly, Dell uses parts that can't be upgraded unless it's a Dell licensed shop.

blazingsonic
Aug 7, 2011, 04:51 PM
ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about computers knows that Dells are and always have been absolute shit. Nintendo however, I love, so I donno where you're going with that.

An example of a better brand would be Asus, but a better way to do it all together is to just build your own. You'll save yourself tons of money if you just invest a bit of time learning how to do that.

So where is this learning source no one I talked about here seems to refer to, if there is by all means lets see some links.

NoiseHERO
Aug 7, 2011, 05:01 PM
So where is this learning source no one I talked about here seems to refer to, if there is by all means lets see some links.

You keep asking for more and more proof like these guys are talking out of their ass...

Yet it sounds like you don't have a single clue on this topic yourself.

I dunno who in the world told you dells desktops were so great. But ever consider the possibility that hearing something from somewhere first doesn't mean it's right?

:0

blace
Aug 7, 2011, 05:06 PM
The only thing I will say is it's far more effective to get the parts and put it together as you can change parts as needed. Dell uses parts that they can only replace which requires an active warranty, if it's past the 2 year mark you'll need to shell out more money for repairs.

Perfect Troll
Aug 7, 2011, 05:08 PM
Think of Dells and the like as the fast food of the computer world. It's readily available for you, but it's also bad for you.

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 05:10 PM
Really? You're not capable of figuring out how to go on Youtube and type in 'how to build a PC'? We have to explain that part to you?

And yeah, just as Michaeru said...

blace
Aug 7, 2011, 05:12 PM
This was a study conducted between Dell amd Asus: http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf

In this study it shows which brand will last longer and it also shows Asus and Toshiba at the top.

Ark22
Aug 7, 2011, 07:08 PM
This is why I console game. To avoid flames like this one :P.

RemiusTA
Aug 7, 2011, 07:20 PM
I only wonder, because Sega isn't known for being graphic whores.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/sonic.colors.review.111010-530px.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1486/1654056-hedgehogengine_demo_super.jpg

http://media.techeblog.com/images/sonicunleashed.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/images/screenshots/788/Sonic-Generations-Xbox-360-Screenshot-2large.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I was wondering why PSO2 looked like this, until Mike brought to attention that Sonic Team doesn't have their name on it.

Honestly, aside from Sonic 2k6 and Shadow the Hedgehog, ST has never made an ugly videogame.

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 07:24 PM
Wait, Remi... you think those shots are good?

I think they're pretty mediocre honestly lol.

RemiusTA
Aug 7, 2011, 07:30 PM
Have you seen any of those games in motion?

To call Sonic Unleashed's visuals mediocre is ridiculous even for a hard critic. Sonic Colors is one of THE best looking games on the Wii. It doesn't get much better, imo.

Unless you're comparing it to games like Crysis or Battlefield 3, in which case you should probably step back and ask if that's even worth comparing the two. They aren't even on the same plane of style.

Ark22
Aug 7, 2011, 07:32 PM
I think Sega is Over doing the Graphic specs in my opinion. I mean it looks like that sonic game D=. just a tad better..MAYYBBEE.

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 07:38 PM
Ark, they're NOT overshooting the specs, trust me bro. I've been playing PC games, comparing/testing specs for years and years, and those specs are entirely appropriate for how the game looks. If anything, they're a tad on a the low side. You need to understand that the specs they announced are EXTREMELY, EXTREEEEEEMEEEELY low for modern day PC gaming. Any lower would just be silly.

Ark22
Aug 7, 2011, 07:39 PM
Lol :P This is Sega we're talking about.

Malachite
Aug 7, 2011, 07:44 PM
What do you mean? That's not really relevant.

The fact is, the graphics shown match the specs released pretty well.

Do you know how old the nvidia 7800GT is? It came out around 2005... almost 7 years ago. They're so old you can't even buy them anymore, and if you could they'd probably be worth about 10 dollars. That was the era of the PS2 lol.

You don't think that's old/low enough?

Ark22
Aug 7, 2011, 07:47 PM
Oh snap...LOL MY LAPTOP CAN RUN THIS! All that for nothing xD. But still.............I got nothin

•Col•
Aug 7, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oh snap...LOL MY LAPTOP CAN RUN THIS! All that for nothing xD. But still.............I got nothin

If your laptop is a few years old, I'm doubting it can run PSO2. >.>

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 03:45 AM
You butthurt bro? Built the one I'm using right now, and I haven't found a game yet whose ass it couldn't kick.

Sounds like another guy who's ragin' over the fact he won't be able to play PSO2 ]:

I use a laptop.

If my laptop doesn't run it, I'll just buy a new better one.

It's not like that's totally out of the question. Derp.

Sounds like another guy who's ragin' over the fact that his parents still buy him things.

Edit - Also my laptop CAN run it anyway. It can run a PS2 emulator and Monster Hunter.

Malachite knows nothing about computers.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 07:00 AM
Don't say "derp" stop saying "derp" if you're gonna overuse something unoriginal at least make sure it doesn't make you sound like a flamboyant twelve year old.

r00tabaga
Aug 8, 2011, 07:28 AM
Can't we all just get along? Wtf!

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 09:07 AM
HERPA DERPA DERPA!

Besides the fact of all the hate in here, because haters wanna hate (lol jking). Lol if my laptop can run PSU on max settings and mass effect 2....and it's a Dell..I think it can run this on pretty low-mid settings O:

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
Don't say "derp" stop saying "derp" if you're gonna overuse something unoriginal at least make sure it doesn't make you sound like a flamboyant twelve year old.

I totally already said that zero emo kids to hero man'd up kid stuff like 20 posts ago, you guys suck. ]:

Also the poll said "besides which one was just the better game" ]:

I thought robes looked funky, everyone looked like elementary school kids standing in the rain (colorful hoodies looking like raincoats...)

Which is why I wanted shiny armors. :[

Man I just wanted to get shiny armor and hunt down monsters for titles... ]:

Wow the guy playing classic sonic was laaame. ]:

Don't say ":[" stop saying ":[" if you're gonna overuse something unoriginal at least make sure it doesn't make you sound like a flamboyant twelve year old.

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 09:16 AM
Damn, I will admit he got you there. But really guys stop arguing D=<

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 09:20 AM
It hurt my soul how I had to copypaste his terrible punctuation, but still.

People really need to stop being mad that the game MAY come to the 360. The game being PC onry has downsides too. Hacking a PC game is as easy as using Google. Enjoy your cheaters.

Also, Gameguard lol.

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 09:23 AM
Lol seeing what happen to Sony, anything can happen.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 10:15 AM
Lol seeing what happen to Sony, anything can happen.

PSO2 never confirmed for PS3!

[SPOILER-BOX]PS3 has no gaems.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:03 PM
People really need to stop being mad that the game MAY come to the 360. The game being PC onry has downsides too. Hacking a PC game is as easy as using Google. Enjoy your cheaters.

You need to stop getting mad because people are saying it won't come to 360 lol. Also, if you knew anything about anything, then you'd know that PSU's hacking problem was almost non-existent, because all the information was held server side.

KingBeeb knows nothing about... anything.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 12:16 PM
Malachite knows nothing about reading comprehension, apparently. I don't care if it comes to 360. PSU was SUCH A GREAT GAME for the first 2 months, wasn't it?

I would PREFER if it were on 360 because I don't really LIKE playing video games on my COMPUTER. (I hope the capital letters are making this easier for you to understand, or would you like it in a pop-up picture book?)

I bought a 360 for vidya. If I have to play PSO2 on a PC then I'll be sad, but it won't be a tragedy. One good thing about a PC release is piracy. http://i.imgur.com/YBpB1.png

Playing Japanese PSU months before release was sweeeeeet.

Hrith
Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 PM
I know this is what you say, but this is what I see:

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 PM
Malachite knows nothing about reading comprehension, apparently. I don't care if it comes to 360. PSU was SUCH A GREAT GAME for the first 2 months, wasn't it?

I would PREFER if it were on 360 because I don't really LIKE playing video games on my COMPUTER. (I hope the capital letters are making this easier for you to understand, or would you like it in a pop-up picture book?)

I bought a 360 for vidya. If I have to play PSO2 on a PC then I'll be sad, but it won't be a tragedy. One good thing about a PC release is piracy. http://i.imgur.com/YBpB1.png

Playing Japanese PSU months before release was sweeeeeet.
To you that might look like a somewhat well constructed post regarding why you prefer gaming on the 360 over the PC.

But I can see the truth behind your deception! It really says "GRAWWRRGHFDGH i'm so mad this isn't on 360 so I'm gonna go whine at PC gamers"

You shouldn't mask your rage, Beebs. It's unhealthy. Just let it flow.

and lol Hrith :3

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 12:32 PM
To you that might look like a somewhat well constructed post regarding why you prefer gaming on the 360 over the PC.

But I can see the truth behind your deception! It really says "GRAWWRRGHFDGH i'm so mad this isn't on 360 so I'm gonna go whine at PC gamers"

You shouldn't mask your rage, Beebs. It's unhealthy. Just let it flow.

and lol Hrith :3

I am copypasting your replies in to MSN and everyone I'm talking to says you're autistic.

1) If you're trolling, you're doing it because you realised you were wrong. Go wipe the tears from your keyboard and stop using the, "lol they think I'm retarded I win" tactic.

2) Is it a punishable offence to be mad on the internet?

3) If it is, I'm not guilty of it. I pretty much only want the game on 360 now as it will make you more upset for a reason I'm not entirely sure of.

4) Stop making silly claims and let me play Project Zomboid. I can't find any food!

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:33 PM
Lol explaining yourself ohh so seriously... you must really be offended at the truth!

Why you mad though, BRO?

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 12:37 PM
Lol explaining yourself ohh so seriously... you must really be offended at the truth!

Why you mad though, BRO?

                

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hey man, it's not my fault you so mad.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 12:46 PM
No John.

You are the mad.

And then John was mad.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2011, 12:49 PM
I am copypasting your replies in to MSN and everyone I'm talking to says you're autistic.

WATCH THE FUCK OUT, HE'S GOT HIS MSN PEOPLE ON YOU NOW. YOU'RE DONE MALACHITE, YOU'RE OVER.

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 12:50 PM
Seriously stop bickering. D=<! Be a man and not respond =(

WATCH THE FUCK OUT, HE'S GOT HIS MSN PEOPLE ON YOU NOW. YOU'RE DONE MALACHITE, YOU'RE OVER.

Shit just got real.

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:51 PM
So your name is John, and you admit that you're mad?

But we still don't know why, though.

I TOOK THE MSN AS FLATTERY. I'm really just that interesting, guys.

condiments
Aug 8, 2011, 12:52 PM
Seriously stop bickering. D=<! Be a man and not respond =(

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/266/no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg?1242666889

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 12:56 PM
Dood I laughed so hard at that my boss was like " What's so funny"

You sooo almost screwed me over. xD But seriously you two PM it, and someone lock this thread before they repeat history =(

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 12:56 PM

My girlfriend, some Dutch girl and my German friend are all gonna totally kick your ass. Doesn't stop them from thinking you're autistic.

I think Malachite is mad because he's making such a fuss :C

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
I think Malachite is mad because he's making such a fuss :C

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/266/no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg?1242666889
I'MSOMAD.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 01:07 PM
I see a confession!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_k1rPDRv6M&feature=related

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 01:10 PM
You guys are trippin.....you know what...WHY CAN'T WEEEE BE FRIENDS!!!!!*says about 3 more times after*

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 01:14 PM
I see a confession!
MAYBE SO (but not really)

Though, that's not the issue here, sillyhead! The real question pertains only to the fact of how YOU are feeling angry, and the immediate cause of said anger.

Or in laymen's terms...

why you mad though lol

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 01:14 PM
Oh shut up.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 02:02 PM
Don't say ":[" stop saying ":[" if you're gonna overuse something unoriginal at least make sure it doesn't make you sound like a flamboyant twelve year old.

LOL I got you to go through the trouble of looking for all of my "]:" 's?

You're sooooooooo e-z to troll, mah G.

I just traded you 20 seconds for the at LEAST 2 minutes it took you to find most of those quotes.

You must be hurtin' mad hard, dawg. Good job reacting like a flamboyant 12 year old too!

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 02:05 PM
You guys are just as bad as him for replying D=!!!!!!! You 3 just lost cool points ]=<

condiments
Aug 8, 2011, 02:07 PM
You guys are just as bad as him for replying D=!!!!!!! You 3 just lost cool points ]=<

Not the cool points!
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/happyandmad.gif

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 02:08 PM

That's not true.

He's just as bad as us for replying to him... ]:

Only we don't suck so...

Only he loses cool points. ]:

:[

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 02:09 PM
That's not true.

He's just as bad as us for replying to him... ]:

Only we don't suck so...

Only he loses cool points. ]:

:[

You just gained cool points for justifying. Condiments on the other hand didn't lose or gain any.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 02:20 PM
LOL I got you to go through the trouble of looking for all of my "]:" 's?

You're sooooooooo e-z to troll, mah G.

I just traded you 20 seconds for the at LEAST 2 minutes it took you to find most of those quotes.

You must be hurtin' mad hard, dawg. Good job reacting like a flamboyant 12 year old too!

It was troublesome. I clicked on all posts by Michaeru and copied some down. Not hard to find all your posts with ]: considering it's in every post you've ever made.

I am easy to troll. You clearly are the king of trolls, predicting that I would look through your message history and find your overuse of close square bracket colon, then call me out on time wasting, write a few sentences about how I am easy to troll and I am mad for looking at your posts, yet you are totally emotion free as you didn't feel the need to respond.

Either that or you're just a retard who tried to disguise his autism using a giant white sheet with TROLLING written across it in black pen.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 02:25 PM
It was troublesome. I clicked on all posts by Michaeru and copied some down. Not hard to find all your posts with ]: considering it's in every post you've ever made.

I am easy to troll. You clearly are the king of trolls, predicting that I would look through your message history and find your overuse of close square bracket colon, then call me out on time wasting, write a few sentences about how I am easy to troll and I am mad for looking at your posts, yet you are totally emotion free as you didn't feel the need to respond.

Either that or you're just a retard who tried to disguise his autism using a giant white sheet with TROLLING written across it in black pen.

Now you're overusing autism. ]:

Seriously you must not know how trolls work. ]:

Cause you feedin' me pretty hard bro. ]:

condiments
Aug 8, 2011, 02:33 PM
You just gained cool points for justifying. Condiments on the other hand didn't lose or gain any.

Does that mean I'm at the cool point maximum? :yes:

blace
Aug 8, 2011, 02:40 PM
Troll harder.

Random arguments all over a game that doesn't even have a release date yet.

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 02:51 PM

To you, this might seem like a witty retort to Michaeru saying you are easy to troll.

However, to the rest of us, all it says is "GRAWRRGHH I GOT TROLLED AND I'M REALLY MAD. EVERYONE'S AUTISTIC BUT ME GRAWRWRGHH." ]:

feed moar bro.

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 03:00 PM
hahah holy shit u guys r easy to troll

i had u goin

Malachite
Aug 8, 2011, 03:04 PM
lololol y u autistic tho

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2011, 03:05 PM
hahah holy shit u guys r easy to troll

i had u goin

NOpe, even if you DID have the intention to troll, which would be a LIE. ]:

You typed too much. ]:

condiments
Aug 8, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hopefully we'll get new information soon, so we can actually engage in a semblance of human conversation again.

Ark22
Aug 8, 2011, 03:16 PM
What I am wondering, is why didn't a mod close this yet. We obviously don't know and 13 pages later STILL DON'T KNOW! Oh well :P

KingBeeb
Aug 8, 2011, 03:29 PM
NOpe, even if you DID have the intention to troll, which would be a LIE. ]:

You typed too much. ]:

Use PSO-World's brilliant "troll" logic against its users.

Do exactly what they did.

lol no it doesn't count

It's like being neglected from joining a secret club.

Ryna
Aug 8, 2011, 03:39 PM
Since this thread has gone off-topic, I am going to lock it.