PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Frame skip/slowdown?

Zerolimit
Aug 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
Normaly i play on frame skip 1. i got TD and it didnt goes as far. I switched to frame skip 0 and my TD goes as far as it should, but i get this massive slowdown in missions. If anyone can help i'd appreciate it:yes:

gundam0079
Aug 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
its just the amont your computer run process all the frames, the lower the Frameskip the harder your pc will work to make the game run smooth. Frameskip 0 can make less powerful pc/laptops experience slowdown.

Zerolimit
Aug 5, 2011, 03:34 PM
ugh will upgrading my RAM help?

Vashyron
Aug 5, 2011, 03:36 PM
Because PSU is a bad PS2 port, it forces all the frames to play regardless. No automatic frame skipping.

Either stick with 0 and deal with slowdown or pick 1 and have your frames halved.

Or upgrade your PC, specs will help to know what is the problem.

str898mustang
Aug 5, 2011, 05:01 PM
Better graphics card and better RAM

milranduil
Aug 5, 2011, 07:15 PM
By far, most important piece for PSU is gfx card. I don't know what it is, but to play max settings and all the flips and switches (including self-applied AA), requires quite a decent card (at least ~$120 these days and remember PSU is quite old at this point...).

Zerolimit
Aug 5, 2011, 10:26 PM
well then ill just have to do with no TD thanks for the responses frame skip 3 here i come

Titan
Aug 5, 2011, 11:53 PM
Sadly I upgraded my graphics card and its incompatible with PSU. It does allow me to play all my newer games though. I eventually came to the conclusion that PSU is just very poorly coded.

Keilyn
Aug 6, 2011, 06:46 AM
Online I help people through MSN or Steam. I sometimes post guides in forumboards. I would post some here, but this forumboard deserves nothing from me. However we met in-game and you weren't a bad person...a decent first impression actually.

Send me a private message if you need my help. I work within music and computers for a living. I studied them formally and informally, and its a hell and a half of a job, but its what im good at and what I chose for myself.

Zerolimit
Aug 6, 2011, 07:31 AM
alright thanks a bunch Keilyn. maybe someday, currently i dont have the extra money to do this so in a couple days-weeks i might just not right now. Thanks agian ill take you up on that.