PDA

View Full Version : PSU not working

Naikage
Aug 7, 2011, 12:16 PM
Ok. Basically, I re-bought a guardians license last night and tried to play PSU.
Whenever I try to play however, I get told
"could not connect to phantasy star universe server. the server may be undergoing maintenance"

Every.
Single.
Time.

I have asked around and no one is having this issue. I have tried google, but it's no help.
I can't check the official site because it's down and I don't know what's going on. I have reset my xbox, my router, checked the connections etc.
I am pissed off that I have paid for this when it won't work.
are the servers actually down? or is there just something going wrong? because as I said, I can't even check the official site, and I have been gone for months.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 7, 2011, 01:33 PM
Do you have the expansion? I don't believe you can connect to the servers without it at all, now.

McLaughlin
Aug 7, 2011, 01:55 PM
Set your 360's primary DNS to 4.2.2.1, and the secondary DNS to 4.2.2.2. That should fix it.

Naikage
Aug 8, 2011, 06:54 AM
Set your 360's primary DNS to 4.2.2.1, and the secondary DNS to 4.2.2.2. That should fix it.

Not to sound ignorant but will that actually work? Or is this one of those troll replies that will kill my xbox?

And I do have the expansion. bought it before it was free and re-downloaded it.

str898mustang
Aug 8, 2011, 06:56 AM
yes

10char

Naikage
Aug 8, 2011, 07:26 AM
yes

10char

Two answer question
you say yes.
Thank you for being so completely useless and moronic but then that's what I've come to expect from the average PSU player.
I figured it out anyway.

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 8, 2011, 07:26 AM
Not to sound ignorant but will that actually work? Or is this one of those troll replies that will kill my xbox?

And I do have the expansion. bought it before it was free and re-downloaded it.
It works go ahead im 99.99% sure that will fix your problem.

str898mustang
Aug 8, 2011, 07:48 AM
Two answer question
you say yes.
Thank you for being so completely useless and moronic but then that's what I've come to expect from the average PSU player.
I figured it out anyway.

an average PSU player would use the search function

Vintasticvin
Aug 8, 2011, 01:29 PM
If you have the HDD unit and have space install the AOTI addon :3 And badda boom welcome back! Don't mind Mustang he's just the angry forum grump

SuicideKing
Aug 10, 2011, 03:27 AM
I was having the same problem. Reset router etc then finally switched dns to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and could finally start playing. But now unless I am very lucky I can't make it through a mission without the server crashing and having to restart. I get maybe 30 seconds of no lag then horrible lag, no lag , horrible lag and around block 3 of mission I finally crash and have to restart. Is this the server itself? because I can run computer xbox360 etc fine until I start psu online play then this happens everytime. Really just want to play the game but at the moment it seems impossible to even finish a mission.

boomadatigger
Aug 10, 2011, 03:37 AM
Two answer question
you say yes.

....but aren't you a PSU player too?