PDA

View Full Version : Lag/connection issue?

SuicideKing
Aug 10, 2011, 04:52 AM
I just bought the game for xbox360 the other night. Downloaded the game and the expansion. (Played the demo like a awhile ago but was into other mmo's ffxi, wow, etc). They just became to time demanding so I figured I would try PSU since a friend was really into it. Anyways, start the game up went to try online play and couldn't get in. Kept saying server maint error etc. So I looked on forums and saw a suggestion to change dns to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2. Did so and could finally log into the game. Went through the intro phase and proceeded to start the first mission. Go in and almost from the start there was lag. And I don't mean like 1-2 second delay but sometimes up to a minute with maybe a 30 second break inbetween of normal play to finally getting kicked with the server maint responce error thing again. Which doesn't seem to be an issue because you can log right back in but lag will continue as soon as a mission starts and ultimately kicked again shortly after. Is it the dns port? Because internet works fine even turned on other mmo's to see and they are running just fine. Any help would be great because at this point the game is for the most part unplayable unless I just play the story line. Thanks.

Midori Oku
Aug 10, 2011, 05:00 AM
I would restart your router/modem and see if that works. You could possibly try plugging in directly to your modem, if you can.

The server has had lag off and on over the last week, with massive lag outs for lots of people. You may have to wait and see if it clears up after this weeks maintenance.

SuicideKing
Aug 12, 2011, 08:24 AM
As the first post stated I was/am getting an lag. Reset modem/router and even connected directly to modem after the maintence. Even called the internet provider to check and ran tests on comp to see the connection rate which is more than fine. I dunno if its the server because I would think would be a constant lag issue not random bursts considering the stream would be at whatever distance the servers are based I assume japan or asia? Any help would be great because I am no tech expert but its to the point where I think I will just quit the game if play is gonna continue like this.