PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Type-0 Demo download

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 08:35 AM
http://doujin-games88.blogspot.com/2011/08/psp-final-fantasy-type-0-trial-ver-jpn.html

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/download/

Thanks to Shinji for the Square-Enix Link =D

The link above me is for Legit Psp owners

http://www.wupload.com/file/89517044
or
http://www.fileserve.com/file/dWbfq9M
or
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1647252711
or
http://ul.to/i09593j8
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOVI3A69

These links are for people who have Custom Firmware

Works on Prometheus-4 and 6.35B.

Controls explained in here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15...lled-pamphlet/

Magic system: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/28...type-0-spells/

Thanks again to Shinji Kazuya :3

Download and enjoy =D and note, It is free so I ain't breaking the law.

Press the X button to skip cutscenes, I mean they're cool and all but to damn long. You can use 7 of the characters (I use King, GUNS BLAZING).

Square = Magic, hold to charge up
Cross = Gaurd when standing, Dodge when moving. SOme people cure when you hold X for awhile.
Triangle = Normal attack
Square + Triangle = SUmmoning
Circle = Special
R trigger = lock on, also when you kill an enemy stand next to it's corpse and hold R until a little reticule pops up then hit Triangle to drain it...or...Osmose it.
And for missions, just run straight past the barriers, keep running straight, and talk to the moogle with a Orange Icon above its head. The little boy (or girl) with the blue icon sells items.
Also the missions he will give you is three so far, the first to are training (DO IT YOU LEVEL UP).
And the last option is a real mission with a REAL AIRSHIP!

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks!

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 09:27 AM
Already got it from the SQUARE ENIX site! http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/download/

Let's find those hidden summer outfits for all fourteen characters, shall we?

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 09:31 AM
Lol that was the legit site, I couldn't find it, THANKS SHINJI =) I am getting the Japanese release. They say it's online and we can team up for emergencies =D SOUNDS FRIGGEN AWESOME!

Rashiid
Aug 11, 2011, 10:02 AM
I want to, but I don't want to tease myself if for some reason we don't get it over here. Only Japanese game I'll ever play is PSP2i. I need my Final Fantasy to be in English.

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 10:24 AM
Trust me, you are not missing out on anything, the game literally explains itself lol.

The game is basically like Crisis core when it comes to gameplay, so try it out =D> American release won't be till January P:(guess)

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
Can't understand shit, so uhh, yeah...

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
Lol I don't care, the gameplay is fun =)

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm playing the demo right now and man, this be epic! The graphics and all the customizable stuff! O O

Rashiid
Aug 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
Trust me, you are not missing out on anything, the game literally explains itself lol.

The game is basically like Crisis core when it comes to gameplay, so try it out =D> American release won't be till January P:(guess)

I may give it a spin later because I am interested in the game bigtime, and I can't imagine why we wouldn't get it as Final Fantasy sells well in the West. I'm busy trying to get a Modest Eevee atm ; ; 3 boxes and still not one. I better get a shiny at this rate.

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
I may give it a spin later because I am interested in the game bigtime, and I can't imagine why we wouldn't get it as Final Fantasy sells well in the West. I'm busy trying to get a Modest Eevee atm ; ; 3 boxes and still not one. I better get a shiny at this rate.

GET IT NOW D=< STOP PROCRASTINATING! And shin.....I AM SOO HOOKED ON IT!

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
Controls explained in here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15/final-fantasy-type-0s-controls-explained-in-one-moogle-filled-pamphlet/

Magic system: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/28/final-fantasytype-0-spells/

GET IT NOW D=< STOP PROCRASTINATING! And shin.....I AM SOO HOOKED ON IT!

I KNOW! I am too! Can't wait for this to come out here!

Akaimizu
Aug 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds pretty cool. However, I can wait. I got a whole lot of Shin Megami to play before this would arrive.

raijz
Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
I got this demo last night. It's a good game so far but the camera controls are pretty much shit.

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 01:04 PM
Mainly when you fight the giant robots in mission 3-4. They go crazy.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 01:16 PM
I got this demo last night. It's a good game so far but the camera controls are pretty much shit.

I wouldn't expect them to be any worse than Monster Hunter's camera controls (which are pretty damn bad,) and the few hundred hours I've spent on that have taught me to learn to live with that. Working on gettin the demo now.

Man, so glad the file is available to DL on a browser as opposed to me having to remember what my Japanese PSN was and dig it up to get to the JP PlayStation network. Set it up previously for the MH Portable 3rd demo.

1 hour for DL? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF D:

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
They are normal for a PSP game. Since the PSP doesn't have a right stick like console controllers.

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME BTW!

raijz
Aug 11, 2011, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't expect them to be any worse than Monster Hunter's camera controls (which are pretty damn bad,) and the few hundred hours I've spent on that have taught me to learn to live with that. Working on gettin the demo now.

I'm playing MHFU and that camera is better then this one. You'll know how bad it is when you play it.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm playing MHFU and that camera is better then this one. You'll know how bad it is when you play it.

Well then, damn. Hopefully they get it ironed out before final release then.

Rashiid
Aug 11, 2011, 01:40 PM

Action game with a good camera? IN MY GAMING?!

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 01:49 PM
Controls explained in here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15...lled-pamphlet/

Magic system: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/28...type-0-spells/

I'm getting page not found error on siliconera from these. As in, siliconera is loading and saying they don't have that page, not that the whole thing isn't loading.

Oh lol, found the problem. The ones that Shinji posted, they work because it's linking to the right spot. But when you (Ark22) copy/pasted the link, it included the ellipses as being in the actual link, as opposed to them actually just being there from the forum board shortening the link.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
Hmmm... that's weird.

Try this one: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/10/the-final-fantasy-type-0-japanese-demo-is-available-now/

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 02:21 PM
I actually just realized what it was just now, edited into my last post while you were typing that, derp.

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
I mad lost, yo.

Everything is in chinese.

I got killed by this crazy chick in a giant robot, because I couldn't reach her, even with the gun guy, and she was spamming missles.

Also LAME, they have all the guys/girls that look like cloud strife's incarnations. But I couldn't pick that one fist/punch/monk guy.

raijz
Aug 11, 2011, 03:14 PM
I mad lost, yo.

I got killed by this crazy chick in a giant robot, because I couldn't reach her, even with the gun guy, and she was spamming missles.

Also LAME, they have all the guys/girls that look like cloud strife's incarnations. But I couldn't pick that one fist/punch/monk guy.

It's japanese.
I'm sure you're supposed to run from that battle.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
Pretty sure the monk's name was Eight. For whatever reason FF persists in having terrible naming schemes.

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2011, 03:17 PM
It's japanese.
I'm sure you're supposed to run from that battle.

I knew someone would dodge the chinese joke. ]:

and I could a sworn I was stuck in a box... *cough* I mean force-field. @_@

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
I actually just realized what it was just now, edited into my last post while you were typing that, derp.

Rofl!

I mad lost, yo.

You need to get close to the truck so her missiles destroy the truck and the wall behind it.

Now, the two headed dragon (I saw two heads, I think) I caught a glimpse off in an ice area was crazy!

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
So, finally got everything set up and messing around with it. Trying out characters in just the first tutorial battle right now.

HO-LY-FUCK This is great, this type of combat needs to come to console, it HAS to. It needs to be the fucking example imo. Holy shit, for the love of gaming this needs to come to console for controllers (aren't you able to hook PSPs up to PS3s and use the PS3 controllers?) I see what was meant by the camera, but I think I can live with it. My index finger is pretty well trained to use the dpad from countless hours of MH, I can get used to this even if it's not ideal. If this where on a full controller though, oh man, oh man.

Also, it's so gritty, the actual opening when you start a new demo game is so hellish. Merciless killing and explosions, guy rolling around on fire, blood everywhere, it actually looks like hell on earth, real war, not some soldiers marching around and just falling down. The fact that monsters explode into a bloody cloud when you sap MP is great. I love this. And I've only done the tutorial battle, haven't even gotten into anything in depth. Oh man, once you add equipment and spell changing and shit, oh crap, this looks like it has so much freaking potential. I wish I could read Japanese.

Also, apologies for the cursing, it's what happens when I get hyped.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
No apologies, we kinda feel the same!

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 05:43 PM

How about explaining the whole bad camera thing?

raijz
Aug 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
How about explaining the whole bad camera thing?

How about downloading the game and playing through several missions? It's pretty shit.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 05:50 PM
How about downloading the game and playing through several missions? It's pretty shit.

How about I did but don't see how shit it is? Maybe you experienced something I didn't.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 06:08 PM
Dude, loving Ace. I love card based characters with draw abilities like that. THEY JUST SO CLASSY.

For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, pretty sure I understand how his special ability works.

Red card = extra damage on next attack (fire)
Blue = heal on next attack
Yellow = mana regen on next attack

whichever was the most recent one you drew is the one that activates. The more cards you drew before it, the more powerful that card's ability.

raijz
Aug 11, 2011, 06:12 PM
How about I did but don't see how shit it is? Maybe you experienced something I didn't.

Here's a good ex: Use golem instead of shiva and see how his the camera is.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 06:15 PM
I can explain the camera thing. The way it works is for the most part, you're running around in free roam. Use the dpad to spin the camera left, right, and move it up or down. A cursor is always popping up on an enemy, but the camera doesn't directly target them until you hold R in. Once you're holding R in, the camera shifts to face the creature dead on. You can press left or right on the Dpad to cycle through targets and the camera will shift to face them head on. Honestly though I'm doing just fine by running around outside of targeting. I honestly fine using the targeting camera to be far more cumbersome then well aimed/timed attacks in free roam.

I can see why people would hate this camera, but I'm a bow user in MHFU. I'm used to having to use the dpad and the analog nub at the same time. I'm already used to Type-0's camera now, it doesn't bother me in the least. I imagine with the popularity of MH and similar games in Japan, Square probably expects the PSP fan base to be used to this type of camera by now as well.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
So, finally got everything set up and messing around with it. Trying out characters in just the first tutorial battle right now.

HO-LY-FUCK This is great, this type of combat needs to come to console, it HAS to. It needs to be the fucking example imo. Holy shit, for the love of gaming this needs to come to console for controllers (aren't you able to hook PSPs up to PS3s and use the PS3 controllers?) I see what was meant by the camera, but I think I can live with it. My index finger is pretty well trained to use the dpad from countless hours of MH, I can get used to this even if it's not ideal. If this where on a full controller though, oh man, oh man.

Also, it's so gritty, the actual opening when you start a new demo game is so hellish. Merciless killing and explosions, guy rolling around on fire, blood everywhere, it actually looks like hell on earth, real war, not some soldiers marching around and just falling down. The fact that monsters explode into a bloody cloud when you sap MP is great. I love this. And I've only done the tutorial battle, haven't even gotten into anything in depth. Oh man, once you add equipment and spell changing and shit, oh crap, this looks like it has so much freaking potential. I wish I could read Japanese.

Also, apologies for the cursing, it's what happens when I get hyped.

ROFL Siyamak! That was awsome! I feel the same. I had to stop playing! Couldn't spoil myself anymore! Gotta wait for an english release! > <

The camera is exactly the same camera in Phantasy Star Portable 2. D-pad to control it, R to reset it behind the character.

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 06:33 PM
The camera is exactly the same camera in Phantasy Star Portable 2. D-pad to control it, R to reset it behind the character.

I wouldn't really say R resets it "behind the character." It sets it to face the enemy that's being targeted, regardless of what direction your character is facing.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 06:44 PM
If you hold R and there's enemies on the field, yeah. Tap R and the camera resets behind the character.

By the way, the music at the PARTY ORGANIZATION screen is epic! I have been listening to it all afternoon > <

Sord
Aug 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
Ah, I get it now. Also, man, loving Ace even more. Apparently there's a bit more to his cards than what I said before. I got four red cards once against a bigger enemy, landed it, and in addition to dealing a lot of damage, I flat out froze/stunned the enemy for several seconds and we just womped on him something fierce. It was great.

Oh, btw, I figured out how you can switch target mode to toggle. Go to the start menu, fourth tab over, select the second option on the menu in there. The first option inverts up/down, second option inverts left/right, third option changes button layout, 4th option is the toggle target mode or hold for target mode (keep in mind you do still have to hold it down for a sec to toggle.) 5th option I can't really tell what it is, last option is reset to defaults.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
Ahah that sounds great! I didn't really tried Ace much yet. I started with Rem in the Tutorial then tried Queen and started loving her rapier! :wacko:

To tell the truth I really like all characters! They are all really cool. Their portraits in the accessory shop are awsome!

I haven't really tried the game seriously 'cause, you know, not understanding much it's a really downside. Saving for an eventually english release! Crossing my fingers here!

Edit: Holy snap! I just started a mission in a brown rocky area and right at the start a thing appeared! It looked like Bahamut!!!! O:

Damn! The music in this game is really great! The brown rocky area music is awsome!

Edit again: It is Bahamut indeed. You can hear the woman saying Bahamut. Type-0 Bahamut looks epic!

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 10:45 PM
The Rocky area with Bahamut looks sick and the song PLUS the level seem Crisis Core-ish

yoshiblue
Aug 12, 2011, 12:40 AM
Should Have read the last bit. I did tutorial one then went to the second moogle then stoped because I had no idea to what i was doing and always had half my team die lol. I liking Nine and Ace though.

Try that with charmanders. 5 boxs not one shiny. I do have a shiny pidgy and tangela from firered and a shiny lileep from sapphire. A rando I passed by gave me a shiny ho oh though. Thats the only illegitimate pokemon I have.

StriderTuna
Aug 12, 2011, 01:30 AM
The only thing that would stop the west from getting it is the PSP's impending "sell by" date.

Crysteon
Aug 12, 2011, 02:36 AM
I have my own complains regarding the camera, but everything else is awesome enough to make me stop bitching about the camera D:

Playing as Ace is pretty interesting and fun. I also found quite cool trying out Nine and Queen <3

Ark22
Aug 12, 2011, 08:25 AM
King is my main =)

Gintoki-kun
Aug 12, 2011, 09:03 AM
Here some pictures of all the characters I took in different angles.
http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/Karasuma-sama/Final%20Fantasy%20Type-0/

Also that first one seem to be showing all the playable character,it's found in a shop in a new town next to the moogle that gives you the Rainy Forest mission.

Milla
Aug 12, 2011, 09:14 AM
Cool downloading it now. Anyone know how long the demo is?

Rashiid
Aug 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
People sure are making it sound very long for a demo. You'd think they're playing the full game, lol.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 12, 2011, 09:52 AM
The Rocky area with Bahamut looks sick and the song PLUS the level seem Crisis Core-ish

Indeed it is! Reminds me of "Wandering on a Sunny Afternoon" so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjE2Fw79hg

I bet Takeharu Ishimoto is doing the music! :wacko:

Rashiid
Aug 12, 2011, 09:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Type-0

Yes, Ishimoto is doing it.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
I bet Takeharu Ishimoto is doing the music! :wacko:

He is doing the music.Also the opening is named Zero by Bump of Chicken.

Ark22
Aug 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpjuHCNXg3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAIWOSQu6oQ

Kinda the mxture of both these songs. The intro from the second one with the violins from the first song.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah! Takeharu Ishimoto style!

Can't wait to hear his work in Versus XIII!

Ark22
Aug 12, 2011, 11:39 AM
Versus is gonna make me shit bricks. I am so stoked for it! But I heard Versus will have multiplayer in it P:

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
WOT? WOT? MULTIPLAYER?

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 12, 2011, 03:21 PM
Really? Versus XIII is gonna have multiplayer? I have been following it ever since 2007 and haven't read anything about multiplayer.
I know Type-0 has ad hoc co-operation.

Milla
Aug 13, 2011, 12:17 AM
Versus is gonna make me shit bricks. I am so stoked for it! But I heard Versus will have multiplayer in it P:

This is the 1st I've heard about this and I've been following this game pretty closely, I mean it was the sole reason i brought a PS3 xD.

Anyway a link would be nice, the latest info I've seen is that it wont appear at the TGS. :(

Sord
Aug 13, 2011, 01:05 AM
My ace is level 19 now, he decimates everything. Took me a bit to realize it, but he has 4 card colors, not 3. There's a sort of grey one I just kept mistaking for blue. Grey effect is bind, the one that stuns enemies in place. I don't die with Ace at all, gotten the hang of most of the other characters now and they only die rarely. I never really need to switch characters that often. Couple of the more melee ones give me some trouble but I'm usually fine.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 13, 2011, 09:42 AM
Siliconera's awsome Final Fantasy Type-0 demo guide:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/12/final-fantasy-type-0-japanese-demo-guide/

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 13, 2011, 11:23 AM
^ Just read that, think im gonna hop back on it now

Ark22
Aug 13, 2011, 12:42 PM
This is the 1st I've heard about this and I've been following this game pretty closely, I mean it was the sole reason i brought a PS3 xD.

Anyway a link would be nice, the latest info I've seen is that it wont appear at the TGS. :(

Remember at one of the conferences they had with the guy from Square-Enix?

He said "Every latest Final Fantasy will have Some aspect of Multiplayer"

That's why I am guess it will :P

Gintoki-kun
Aug 13, 2011, 01:44 PM
To me this gave me alot of info on the spells shorter meaning's and was helpful on describing the online 3 player co-op.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Type-0

Sord
Aug 13, 2011, 01:45 PM
Only thing I hadn't fully understood by this point was how exactly the shadow thing worked and what the S.O. bit was for. Though knowing what the S.O. is now doesn't really help since they don't list the quests we get. I don't see why the final mission is considered so hard, unless the one I'm thinking is the final mission isn't. I've been assuming the one with the heavy rain and fog and terrible visibility, and the giant mechs, is the final and hardest hard one.

Beat it for the first time at 17 or so, got two levels or something out of it on Ace, pushing it to 19. Repeated it and pushed Ace up to 21, getting two levels again. Was fairly simple, always dodge around the outside of the level (never walk, unless you need to heal,) circling your enemies to keep them grouped in the center as they constantly turn to try and target you. Do not bother targeting anything with R. Dodge>special>dodge>special>dodge>special>dodge>special>dodge> hit small enemy with 4 special card hit. Once your special meter is down start dodging, throw 1 or 2 basic attacks, start dodge moving again. Never bother with any more than 2 hits, you'll have been in one spot to long and something will target you. Keep doing this until your special meter is full and repeat the process. Pay attention to your radar so you know when you're coming in range of smaller enemies you can't see. Ace is ranged, never get in their face and throw your cards if you can just do it from a distance. Take out all the smaller enemies first, they're a much greater threat because the big mechs are so slow they can almost never target you with big missiles if you're always on the move. The small mechs have a charge with a range that almost exceeds that of the viewing distance, and if they hit you and knock you down or something, that leaves you open to a big missile attack from the giant mechs. When infantry spawns, their bullets can also impede your movement, so take them down first when they start spawning in as well. The bigguns are chumps, they can't move fast enough to target you, just keep circle striking and you're golden. I admit I don't get the highest score with this though, only D or C usually, but I win. I've yet to ever "need" a summon. I also haven't been using items at all either. Just feels to risky to navigate through the menu mid combat.

yoshiblue
Aug 14, 2011, 12:20 AM
I got destroyed so I beasted the last two mission at lv10 with shiva. I never found out how to use items.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
I got destroyed so I beasted the last two mission at lv10 with shiva. I never found out how to use items.

I tried seeing how it worked to actually equipped these items. It has to do with the same screen where you switch characters,for quick select. You can assign maybe only 1 item since there is the S.O,Switch Character,Next character.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 14, 2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/14/final-fantasy-type-0-camera-and-phantoma-to-be-tweaked-for-full-game/

The final member of Class 0 is called Cater. Shotgun-wielding girl.

Director Hajime Tabata says the camera and Phantoma will be spruced up in the full game.

Sord
Aug 15, 2011, 01:20 PM
If they can just fix it so the camera doesn't mind going into a wall/object and just making that wall semi-transparent so you can still see everything I think it'd be fine. That's really about the only time I had trouble with it. In the more outdoor missions it was never really much of an issue.

So now that the demo's been out for awhile, who are everyone's top and bottom three?

Best Three:
1. Ace
2. Rem
3. King

Worst Three:
1. Nine
2. Machina
3. Queen

Maybe I should try getting good with Queen though, so I can have an Ace, King, Queen team. Then all I'll need then is Jack. Hail to the high cards, baby. Deuce, Nine, and Eight can go sit down. MY POKER HAND WILL BE THE BEST.

Speaking of which, what do others think of the heavy poker hand influence. Kinda love/hate it. Basically don't like the ones that are straight numbers (eight and nine,) and others like Deuce seem unfitting for a female.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 15, 2011, 01:52 PM
Machina was a letdown. I was kinda hoping the dual wielding guy would be beast.

yoshiblue
Aug 17, 2011, 02:40 AM
Top 3:
~Nine
~Ace
~Queen

Worst 3:
-Machina
-King
-Rem

I don't consider Rem or King to be bad bad but they are at the bottom. Now I want to try out Tray, Jack and Seven.

~Nine is my fav because he has a spear and I get alot of critical with him. Sounds cool too and has an awesome special attack.

~Ace because of range and his special effects

~Queen because of the rapier like moves, the ice cannon(Although i know others can use this) and another critical racker.

Ark22
Aug 17, 2011, 08:49 PM
Can't beat my POKERFACE! Anyway Machina's Special attack is pretty beast against big guys.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
Well, that's the key point. Using what character depending on the situation.