PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Test Dates Revealed

ChaosAngel92
Aug 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
A message has just been posted 10 minutes ago.
Unfortunately my japanese translator is retard and I have no idea what it says.
I know it has something to be with the alpha test, someone care to translate?

皆さん、こんにちは。
長らくおまたせしておりましたαテストの日程がついに決定いたし​ました!長かったですね・・・ほんとどん だけもったいぶった・・​・(バシッ)コホン。
実は今後、αテスト参加ユーザーのみが入れる運営用の「●●●サ​イト」で公開されるαテスト内容をPの引 き出しから拝借してきた​ので、ちょっとお先にポロリしてみたいと思います!:D まずは​テスト日程から 。
■第1次テスト
8月18日(木) 16:00~23:00
8月19日(金) 18:00~23:00
■第2次テスト
8月23日(火) 16:00~23:00
■第3次テスト
8月26日(金) 16:00~ 8月27日(土)23:00
※上記の日程はテストの都合により変更される場合があります。
これはもう知ってる!内容は・・・文字制限があるらしく次に続き​ます・・・

cristfc
Aug 11, 2011, 09:50 AM
Posted on Facebook fan page:

皆さん、こんにちは。
長らくおまたせしておりましたαテストの日程がついに決定いたし​ました!長かったですね・・・ほんとどん だけもったいぶった・・​・(バシッ)コホン。
実は今後、αテスト参加ユーザーのみが入れる運営用の「●●●サ​イト」で公開されるαテスト内容をPの引 き出しから拝借してきた​ので、ちょっとお先にポロリしてみたいと思います!:D まずは​テスト日程から 。
■第1次テスト
8月18日(木) 16:00~23:00
8月19日(金) 18:00~23:00
■第2次テスト
8月23日(火) 16:00~23:00
■第3次テスト
8月26日(金) 16:00~ 8月27日(土)23:00
※上記の日程はテストの都合により変更される場合があります。
これはもう知ってる!内容は・・・文字制限があるらしく次に続き​ます・・・
-------
From google translate:
Hello, everyone.
Finally decided to schedule the α Matase broke our long test! Really ... pompous ... I just don is long (pow) Kohon.
Will actually contain only operated for testing α contributors "● ● ● site" has been borrowed from the drawer because the P-α test exposes what I would like to Porori a little ahead! : First test dates from D.
■ First test
August 18 (Thu), 16:00 to 23:00
August 19 (Fri), 18:00 to 23:00
■ Second Test
August 23 (Tuesday) 16:00 to 23:00
■ Third Test
August 26 (Fri) 16:00 - 27 (Sat) 23:00
※ The above schedule may be changed, due to the test.
I know it already! The contents are then followed by ... ... Arurashiku character limit

tehhaxorer
Aug 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Sweet, can somebody get a more accurate translation to see the specifics?

Rizen
Aug 11, 2011, 09:58 AM
Just got a text about this. Can't wait to see footage of alpha!

Rika-chan
Aug 11, 2011, 09:59 AM
"Hello, everyone.
Finally decided to schedule the α Matase broke our long test! Really ... pompous ... I just don is long (pow) Kohon.
Will actually contain only operated for testing α contributors "● ● ● site" has been borrowed from the drawer because the P-α test exposes what I would like to Porori a little ahead! : First test dates from D.
■ First test
August 18 (Thu), 16:00 to 23:00
August 19 (Fri), 18:00 to 23:00
■ Second Test
August 23 (Tuesday) 16:00 to 23:00
■ Third Test
August 26 (Fri) 16:00 - 27 (Sat) 23:00
※ The above schedule may be changed, due to the test.
I know it already! The contents are then followed by ... ... Arurashiku character limit
Listen
Read phonetically
Rate translation
"

...I used google translate

chaos-shadow
Aug 11, 2011, 10:14 AM
Don't forget the second message!

ポロリがなぜかウォールに反映されない・・・ううう。
せっかく酒Pのところから拝借した検証内容が・・・何故・・・
メモ書きっぽい画像・・・画像を見てください!

検証項目について。ふむふむ。
...きゃ!参加人数の追加が2回もあっちゃいますよ!これはわりとな​ポロリな気がします!
Pのメモを見つけただけだけど、自慢げな私。そっと返しておきま​した。
ちなみに、日程が結構飛び飛びになっているのは、上のようなテス​トや対応を行うために、
色々と準備したり考えられているからなんです。

αテストまで本当にあと少し。私も、皆さんを精一杯お迎えできる​よう準備したいと思います。
実はもうすぐ、●●●もオープンいたしますよ!ひゃ!:D(ポロ​リ)ではこのへんで。

-----

Uuu ... why do not reflect the Porori wall.
... Why ... what we borrowed from the validation of long-awaited P & Wine
Please see the pictures ... pictures memos ish!

For verification field. Hm-hum.
... Carrier! There are also tea we add twice the number of participants! This is a comparatively Porori feel!
I just found a note of P, and I proudly. Gently and set aside to return.
Incidentally, that is pretty sporadic schedule, to conduct such tests and support on
What is believed is the preparation and the variety.

After very little test to α. I would like to be prepared to welcome everyone to fullest.
In fact soon, it will also open ● ● ●! Cut-off date? : D (Porori) for this issue does.

RemiusTA
Aug 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah i'd love it if these messages were not in complete gibberish lol

Ark22
Aug 11, 2011, 10:26 AM
*Throws my monitor into the air* About damn time!

NightHour13
Aug 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
Oh god there's no way us Americans are getting in the Alpha is there! I don't care, I'm going to probably be found dead with PSO2 written all over the walls and me. I haven't posted since PSU was in the works, then disappeared cause I couldn't bare with PSO not being lived up to (imo)...But now I'm back for another lifetime of PSO and I salute everyone who held out for this moment!!!

Worship
Aug 11, 2011, 11:01 AM
I second NightHour13...

And I'm really stoked the alpha is revealed. Hopefully we'll see some new goodies.

Anon_Fire
Aug 11, 2011, 11:02 AM
Sweet, can somebody get a more accurate translation to see the specifics?

Ask Espiokaos

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
A few hours on specific days, eh? As expected.

Gonna be rough for anyone not living in the right timezones. Assuming they got in in the first place, that is.

Mag-X
Aug 11, 2011, 11:45 AM
This is a lot sooner than I expected. I thought they would announce alpha testing during TGS. I hope that this means the open beta will be sooner than expected as well.

chaos-shadow
Aug 11, 2011, 12:16 PM
This is a lot sooner than I expected. I thought they would announce alpha testing during TGS. I hope that this means the open beta will be sooner than expected as well.

Let's hope! As Sakai said, the time span on Beta all depends on how well Alpha goes. So if Alpha is August, we can cross our fingers and hope all goes right so we get Beta maybe in November? December?

Mag-X
Aug 11, 2011, 12:24 PM
Let's hope! As Sakai said, the time span on Beta all depends on how well Alpha goes. So if Alpha is August, we can cross our fingers and hope all goes right so we get Beta maybe in November? December?

It would have to be sooner than that if they are still shooting for a 2011 release.

pikachief
Aug 11, 2011, 12:35 PM

Yup i believe its been said, Alpha -> TGS -> closed beta -> open beta.

I'm personally expecting closed beta in oct. with the open beta right after it. Possibly in november... PSU and AotI released only a couple of weeks after their beta if I remember correctly so if this follows the same pattern then I could still see a 2011 release date if the alpha and beta go through smoothly.

chibiLegolas
Aug 11, 2011, 01:52 PM
PSU and AotI released only a couple of weeks after their beta if I remember correctly so if this follows the same pattern then I could still see a 2011 release date if the alpha and beta go through smoothly.

Oh god no! If that's true about PSU, that's one of the reasons why PSU died so early in it's run. PSU was released WAY too early. Only a few handful of missions where released, spread around 2 worlds? Was all 3 worlds even available at launch?
Players easily got bored of fighting the dragon within a week's time.

I'd personally wait till PSO2 is more well thought out and meaty enough for players to dive into. Rather than have an early release with 5 missions to choose from.
You'd loose a lot of repeat customers from the get-go, no?
If they must, extend beta testing till PSO2 IS done.

When PSO came out, I believe players had full access to all the boards on the disc (you just had to unlock them offline). So you had a lot of players starting out together and trying their best to get all the way to ruins and try to kill Dark Falz.
It's one good sign that you've got a good addictive game if you could get players to play that many hours in a row, just to aim for the final boss.
PSO2 should do the same. And NOT give us a goal of defeating a mini/low leveled boss on day one.
But for alpha/beta testing, that's expected.

condiments
Aug 11, 2011, 01:57 PM
Oh god no! If that's true about PSU, that's one of the reasons why PSU died so early in it's run. PSU was released WAY too early. Only a few handful of missions where released, spread around 2 worlds? Was all 3 worlds even available at launch?
Players easily got bored of fighting the dragon within a week's time.

I'd personally wait till PSO2 is more well thought out and meaty enough for players to dive into. Rather than have an early release with 5 missions to choose from.
You'd loose a lot of repeat customers from the get-go, no?
If they must, extend beta testing till PSO2 IS done.

When PSO came out, I believe players had full access to all the boards on the disc (you just had to unlock them offline). So you had a lot of players starting out together and trying their best to get all the way to ruins and try to kill Dark Falz.
It's one good sign that you've got a good addictive game if you could get players to play that many hours in a row, just to aim for the final boss.
PSO2 should do the same. And NOT give us a goal of defeating a mini/low leveled boss on day one.
But for alpha/beta testing, that's expected.

If I remember correctly, weren't they withholding and drip feeding content already on the disk for PSU?

chaos-shadow
Aug 11, 2011, 02:07 PM
Oh god no!

^ This.

I hope they really get a lot of content into this game before release and not just the usual company idea of "Holiday season! Get those new games out there PRONTO!"

Mag-X
Aug 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
If I remember correctly, weren't they withholding and drip feeding content already on the disk for PSU?

Exactly. I assume they did this because they were unable to add new content since the PS2 did not have a hard drive. It was total B.S., and I really hope they don't do it this time around.

chibiLegolas
Aug 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
I hope they really get a lot of content into this game before release and not just the usual company idea of "Holiday season! Get those new games out there PRONTO!"

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure a lot of us are rabid enough PSO players to stick to PSO2 no matter what.
I just want PSO2 to be a complete game and avoid mistakes that were made from PSU.
It's hard to gain NEW fans if they try and pull stunts like they did with PSU's launch.
Caps on boards, worlds, levels, etc.
All that does is make the world so much smaller than it really is.

condiments
Aug 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm sure a lot of us are rabid enough PSO players to stick to PSO2 no matter what.
I just want PSO2 to be a complete game and avoid mistakes that were made from PSU.
It's hard to gain NEW fans if they try and pull stunts like they did with PSU's launch.
Caps on boards, worlds, levels, etc.
All that does is make the world so much smaller than it really is.

I seriously doubt they'll make the same mistake of locking content on the game's disk, considering they don't have technological limitations of the PS2 to deal with. I'm sure we'll have have enough content to delve into for PSO2.

Seth Astra
Aug 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
That horrid combination of words seems to resemble something about the alpha test. Maybe. *Shrugs*

Emmie
Aug 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
This is fantastic news! I'm looking forward to the flood of new info from the alpha testers.

Randomness
Aug 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'm waiting for Espio to translate this.

Especially since Google seems to have choked badly on the latter message.

Thank god for bilingual literacy.

JC10001
Aug 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
Six more days. Can't wait for the videos!

ShadowDragon28
Aug 12, 2011, 10:22 PM
google translate isnt translating the message properly because a lot of slang terms and unique Japanese appreviations were used...

NoiseHERO
Aug 12, 2011, 10:23 PM
5 days YOU GUYS won't be playing bwahahahaha.

Hopefully JP players that give feedback, won't think like PSOWorlders...e_e;;

Strider_M
Aug 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hmm so if I got this right; People living in Eastern Standard time (UTC -5), the tests should occur at:

Aug 18th: Thu 3am ~ 10am
19th: Fri 5am ~ 10am
Second test
Aug 23rd: Tues 3am ~ 10am
Third test
Aug 26th: Fri 3am ~ Sat 10am

I don't have the invitation but if I did those times wouldn't work for me lol

Angelo
Aug 13, 2011, 12:02 AM
I don't know why everyone is anticipating this huge influx of videos and information when the alpha starts, I'm sure everyone will be bound to an NDA.

BioWarrior
Aug 13, 2011, 12:05 AM
People break NDA all the time.

KoNeko1192
Aug 13, 2011, 05:07 PM
What I'm really wondering is if we'll be able to just download the client (obviously, if we aren't in the Alpha test) and look around inside for clues, if you know what I mean. :D

Malachite
Aug 13, 2011, 05:11 PM
I don't know why everyone is anticipating this huge influx of videos and information when the alpha starts, I'm sure everyone will be bound to an NDA.
lol yeah I've neeeeever seen a video from an NDA beta before.

x:

Ogni-XR21
Aug 13, 2011, 05:12 PM
What I'm really wondering is if we'll be able to just download the client (obviously, if we aren't in the Alpha test) and look around inside for clues, if you know what I mean. :D

I see no point in them releasing an alpha client to the general public.

rezakon
Aug 13, 2011, 07:16 PM
IF someone can get me the alpha client I can certainly datamine the thing but I wouldn't hold your breathe on videos from the alpha testers (or at least lots of them) as segas actually really fast at catching onto that stuff.

Randomness
Aug 13, 2011, 08:24 PM
IF someone can get me the alpha client I can certainly datamine the thing but I wouldn't hold your breathe on videos from the alpha testers (or at least lots of them) as segas actually really fast at catching onto that stuff.

To be fair, all they have to do is have someone search Youtube for "PSO2" and see what pops up.

Vashyron
Aug 13, 2011, 08:31 PM
To be fair, all they have to do is have someone search Youtube for "PSO2" and see what pops up.

Unlisted video, or name it something strange, etc.

rezakon
Aug 13, 2011, 09:15 PM
Unlisted video, or name it something strange, etc.
Yep that's how we are getting away with it for Diablo 3 at the moment.

You simply leave the name of the game out, use a job as the the description with some other bs attached and your golden.

•Col•
Aug 14, 2011, 12:17 AM
lol yeah I've neeeeever seen a video from an NDA beta before.

x:

You're looking wrong, then. :l

With EVERY online game that has had public alpha/beta test, someone has leaked pictures/videos.

Trufax.

Kion
Aug 14, 2011, 09:12 AM
I wonder how they plan on distributing the client.

pikachief
Aug 14, 2011, 09:58 AM
You're looking wrong, then. :l

With EVERY online game that has had public alpha/beta test, someone has leaked pictures/videos.

Trufax.

your sarcasm detector is broken sir.

•Col•
Aug 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
your sarcasm detector is broken sir.

Yeah.... I dunno why I didn't pick it up last night.... ._.

I blame the x: face.

Jinketsu
Aug 14, 2011, 02:29 PM
You blame a face with crosses and colons?

Jesus Christ, man. That's really shitty.

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2011, 02:32 PM
All 3 of you suck at internet sarcasm, anyway.

Malachite
Aug 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah.... I dunno why I didn't pick it up last night.... ._.

I blame the x: face.
If anything that face should have made the sarcasm more apparent...

pikachief
Aug 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
All 3 of you suck at internet sarcasm, anyway.

oh yea cuz your sarcasm is so much better :P

just being sarcastic for the sake of being sarcastic

•Col•
Aug 14, 2011, 05:57 PM
If anything that face should have made the sarcasm more apparent...

To me, that face means "I don't really want to be the one to say it, but it's true". D:

Malachite
Aug 14, 2011, 05:59 PM
To me all that face means is a subtle snicker at whatever was just said.

GCoffee
Aug 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
You guys really are desperate for new info, huh.

Malachite
Aug 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
Not really.

I am really desperate for you, though. ;3

GCoffee
Aug 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
...well....
...let's discuss that via pm's....

Angelo
Aug 14, 2011, 06:23 PM
Haha, I suppose I just find it ill-spirited to anticipate someone breaking a contract...

...not that I wouldn't watch the videos if they were presented.

•Col•
Aug 14, 2011, 06:36 PM
Haha, I suppose I just find it ill-spirited to anticipate someone breaking a contract...

...not that I wouldn't watch the videos if they were presented.

How is it ill-spirited? :( It wouldn't be hurting anyone.

In fact it is usually a good thing for everyone unless the game is actually bad.