PDA

View Full Version : Want to get back into PSU. Got some questions on it.

Steveinator
Aug 13, 2011, 12:05 PM
I want to get back into PSU for two reasons.

1) The AOTI expansion is free now.
2) I enjoyed playing it a while back.
3) I have a tendency to get as many 360 achievements as I can, and I want to get the AOTI achievements in the event that the servers are taken offline and no one can get them anymore.

I've got a few questions on it.

How many people still play PSU?

How big is the file size for AOTI?

I haven't played the game since 2007. Will I be able to use my old character, or will I have to start all over again?

If I have to start all over, how long will it take to get to level 100 so I can access Dark Falsz 2 in AOTI?

If I can use my old character, will my equipment from 4 years ago still be effective against enemies?

I know a lot of people do White Beast runs. Where/how do I access this mission?

Does anyone do any missions besides White Beast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Halcyote
Aug 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
1. Yes, people still play on xbox
2. Dunno any specifics since I don't play xbox
3. Yes you can use the same character
4. No, too many new things have come out to make your equipment useless
5. http://psupedia.info/Missions#Neudaiz
6. see #2

Steveinator
Aug 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
Okay, thanks for the help. I checked the XBL market and the file size is about 2 gigs. Planning on downloading AOTI this afternoon.

I can buy up-to-date equipment in the shops, right? Or are they still selling the same items they had 4 years ago?

Also, are there any items that can make leveling up easier? If so, where can I find them?

Is there anything else about the current state of PSU I should know?

Halcyote
Aug 13, 2011, 02:20 PM
1. If you're talking about NPC shops, then no. You're better off finding better stuff in player shops and mission drops.
2. Only the JP server has 'booster' items that allow you to increase exp/pa/mp/drop rates, but those typically cost money to get.
3. Mainly the content update for the Xbox servers is still a year behind the Japanese servers. If you stopped playing a long time ago, then it'll be plenty of content to keep you busy until you reach endgame.

Steveinator
Aug 13, 2011, 05:39 PM
Once again, thanks for the information.

Sorry to ask an additional question right now, but I heard there's a mission added in a recent update where players can fight Dark Falz 2 on C-rank. Do you know what mission this is?

TheAstarion
Aug 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
Dark Falz 2 can be fought at Distant Memory, which starts from Falz Memoria. To get there on your own, go to Dallgunview Plaza which you should already have from way back, do the Black Nest to get to the Rykros lobby, then Dark God to get to Memoria. Dark God will get you the Falz 1 achievement too.

As for weapons, if all you want is some quick, easy to use trash weapons until you can afford bigger and better things, try the conditional search (which I believe was new with AOTI). Search for manufacturers GRM, Yohmei and Tenora for standard weapons, and Kubara for knockoffs, joke weapons and uniques. You can also search +10 to find all 10/10s on the market, or Ice to see all the ice-flavored ones, etc. Most of the best stuff is new, but some old stuff has retained its top spot like the psycho wand for rods.

Steveinator
Aug 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
Dark Falz 2 can be fought at Distant Memory, which starts from Falz Memoria. To get there on your own, go to Dallgunview Plaza which you should already have from way back, do the Black Nest to get to the Rykros lobby, then Dark God to get to Memoria. Dark God will get you the Falz 1 achievement too.

I looked up Distant Memory at PSUpedia. It didn't mention Dark Falz 2 anywhere on the page, but I'll take your word for it. If it turns out I have to grind to do the S2 version of Dark God anyway, it shouldn't be too big of a deal since my character is at level 73.

EDIT: Re-checked the page, Dark Falz 2 was listed as Dark Falz (2nd form). Clumsy me!

As for weapons, if all you want is some quick, easy to use trash weapons until you can afford bigger and better things, try the conditional search (which I believe was new with AOTI). Search for manufacturers GRM, Yohmei and Tenora for standard weapons, and Kubara for knockoffs, joke weapons and uniques. You can also search +10 to find all 10/10s on the market, or Ice to see all the ice-flavored ones, etc. Most of the best stuff is new, but some old stuff has retained its top spot like the psycho wand for rods.

Thanks for telling me about that. I tried going to some user shops earlier and didn't notice that feature.

chibipocky15
Aug 14, 2011, 06:05 AM
Hi! If you need a helping hand on the xbox servers Im always up and at'em!