PDA

View Full Version : what graphics card would I need?

Anime_Angel
Aug 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
Heyo, sometime just before this game comes out, I'm gonna get my uncle to make me a gaming PC for Phantasy star online 2, but I'll need to know which graphics card to put in it.

does anyone have any suggestions? I don't care how much it would cost as my budget is £200 for the graphics card, I want the best gameplay as possible without any lagging.

I'm in the UK so I'll be using a UK based computer.

Worship
Aug 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
Being an nvidia user for many years, I'd recommend a model from their 400 series.

Like the Nvidia GTX 450, 460, or 470.

They're in the $100 - $200 range and they're continuing to drop since the 500 series is out.

Mag-X
Aug 15, 2011, 01:12 PM
Judging from the screen shots, videos, and the system requirements needed for alpha testers, I'd say just about anything half way decent would be plenty. The minimum video card required for the alpha testing is a GeForce 7900GT which was released in 2006.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 15, 2011, 01:52 PM
In the 200 euro range, you can be assured that whatever you choose it will run PSO2 just fine.

As far as which to choose, I'd go with an nVidia 560, 560ti, or Radeon 6950. I recommend the 6950 if you can go that high. Two reasons: the 2GB of VRAM gives the best buffer for future games that will need increasingly large frame buffers (as well as giving you the option to go to high resolutions without issues). Second, if you get a reference 6959 you can easily unlock its disabled shaders to make it essentially an underclocked 6970.

Malachite
Aug 15, 2011, 03:36 PM
siiigh, really?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187525

Anime_Angel
Aug 15, 2011, 05:21 PM
siiigh, really?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187525

I only wanted info on what graphics card I need, I don't wanna know all that info on that thread lol

Malachite
Aug 15, 2011, 05:26 PM
Then you should have simply asked in that thread lol. Basic forum mechanics.

If there's already a topic for it, you don't need to make an entire new topic for one simple question that could be solved in one post in the dedicated topic.

Means you didn't search or anything before making a new one... even though that one was still one the front page.

Anime_Angel
Aug 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
Then you should have simply asked in that thread lol. Basic forum mechanics.

If there's already a topic for it, you don't need to make an entire new topic for one simple question that could be solved in one post in the dedicated topic.

Means you didn't search or anything before making a new one... even though that one was still one the front page.

well I don't really like wasting time saurching for things in such a big community, I gots the answers I need so you don't need to whine like a little girl over something that isn't even a big deal lol

Malachite
Aug 15, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wasting time...? Lol... it's on the front page. It would have taken you about half a second to find it. You wasted far more time making a new topic.

"haha I put in a lot more effort than I actually had to. JOKES ON YOU"

Anime_Angel
Aug 15, 2011, 06:42 PM
Wasting time...? Lol... it's on the front page. It would have taken you about half a second to find it. You wasted far more time making a new topic.

"haha I put in a lot more effort than I actually had to. JOKES ON YOU"

are you sure because it seems like your the one who is taking this too far which is really humiliating yourself considering your reputation on this forum, all I asked was information but you decided to lord a whole thread from another topic which I have not an attention span for (I have a short attention span in reading)