PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Music...

voxie
Aug 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here it is.

PSO2 Title Screen music
http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm15327282

It has twinklings of PSO1 :)

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 04:07 PM
It's been posted quite a few times already.

Thanks for sharing though. :)

voxie
Aug 16, 2011, 04:11 PM
Oops sorry then - I'm afraid there's just too much coverage/chat/hype around PSO2 for me to keep up :P

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 04:15 PM
Nothing wrong with being excited. Just be sure to check the sticky and any threads that may have something to do with what you are making a topic of.

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
.....Oh...My....God... Badass Title Screen Theme Alert o.o!

Sord
Aug 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
Well, it at least has a dedicated thread to it now. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bullet-point info database stickies, but because there's so much info, talking about all those things at once in a single thread just feels disorganized as hell. I still use the info thread heavily for double checking info and the like, but I don't like trying to start a conversation in it.

Anyways, I'm likin the music. It feels very reminiscent of PSO, has that same sort of sci-fi exploratory ambiance in it. I'm taking it as a good sign for the soundtrack. I just hope to god we don't get any of that terrible rock music PSU had. Hated that crap.

FOkyasuta
Aug 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
Oh geez. This is just... to bad for my ears...

Malachite
Aug 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
Sounds EXACTLY like ep3 to me, which is good.

Still, for the title theme, I wish they would have used something more calm.

Kierto
Aug 16, 2011, 05:13 PM
Almost sounds like 3 different pieces strung together in a fashion to PSUv1's (underrated due to people only listening to the first 20 seconds) title screen overture.

But I approve of it and of its thrown in PSO synth pads and space whale noises! So far all BGM signs are positive!

The hunt for a recurring melody/motif within the PSO2 soundtrack begins now..

RemiusTA
Aug 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
It sounds like a PSO song, but it doesn't share the same catchy composition as most of the PSO songs. I dont think there are too many PSO Ep.III songs that I didn't like. But honestly, this is just the menu music. There's really nothing to base this off of. It's NOT ANNOYING and its NOT BAD, and thats all it needs to be. For a menu track, anyway. PSU's music consistantly sounded obnoxious to me. I really dont know what it was.

The real story? Wait until we hear some level tunes. They say the songs transition in this game like in PSO. I'm hoping that means they have 2 different BGMs that complement eachother and transition correctly. (Like in PSO, where each transition is actually seamless and not just a fade-in/fade-out.) This definitely has the PSO quality to it, though. The music shown in the first trailer was quite catchy as well. And im going to have to admit, i was no real fan of most of PSO Ep.I's BGMs. I liked Idola the Holy, Dragon, Vol Opt, and the Ruins the most. The other tracks sounded great though. Ep.II is where shit got real, though. And Episode III was just....best quality game OST ever composed, IMO. It just consistently had great tracks.

What this DOES prove, however, is that they're taking the quality of the music seriously in this game. Thank. God. Finally.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 16, 2011, 05:34 PM
I've listened to this on loop for about 10 times now.

I'm hoping to hit 50. ;)

Kierto
Aug 16, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'm also waiting to hear where the first trailer music(s) will make an appearance. I was kind of impressed that the initial minute of the very first trailer seemed like a throwback to Phantasy Star IV's opening sequence (drama music over SEGA logo et al).

Maybe it's hoping for a bit too much from the current team, but seeing as PSO took a lot of musical bits and pieces from the prior PS games, I can't help but wonder if the same thing will happen here.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 16, 2011, 06:44 PM
With any luck they'll still be using ADX as the have in previous Phantasy Star Online and Universe games. If you don't know how this technology works, take a look at this link (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.cri-mw.co.jp/product/lineup/audio/criadx/details.html&usg=ALkJrhjNJdsk1_NwGZMpqc5pPqd8Xjtq_w)

BlackCosmic
Aug 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
I think the tracks been taken down >XO

Angelo
Aug 17, 2011, 02:29 AM
Grah... it's been removed.

Masterflower
Aug 17, 2011, 04:20 AM
Here you go. For those that still havent heard it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtm4hd7wluktb3n

Tetsaru
Aug 17, 2011, 04:54 AM
Here you go. For those that still havent heard it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtm4hd7wluktb3n

Thank you! :D I was wondering what was up with that video...

BlackCosmic
Aug 17, 2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you so much you wonderful person.

Angelo
Aug 17, 2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks very much for the link!

Unfortunately, I'm not all that impressed. The few examples of music for PSO2 shown so far are relatively unremarkable in my book.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 17, 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the link, I for one love the music (although Mediafire blows...)

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 17, 2011, 11:46 PM
One of the things I love the most in games is the soundtrack! I always love Phantasy Star music from Online to Portable 2 Infinity!

Can't wait to hear the whole Phantasy Star Online 2 soundtrack!