Aug 16, 2011, 04:04 PM
Which would you like

Note: Not what will happen, but what you would like

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2011, 04:07 PM
This thread seems unneeded.

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 04:18 PM
Comments about threads being unneeded is unneeded...unless a link to a previous thread having the exact same function is linked.

I voted solo drops for more personal reasons. I had too many problems with greedy friends refusing to party unless they got a certain drop first all the time.

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 04:19 PM
Lol I voted group thinking it was PSZ's style of drops. Heh

moorebounce
Aug 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Solo drops will promote sharing and keep players from quitting in the middle of a mission after finding a rare item. Plus you won't have players going after drops in the middle of a fight either. There's nothing worse that getting your butt handed to you while someone runs off to get dropped rare item(s). It would also help if all the drops were made at the end of a mission like in PSZ.

str898mustang
Aug 17, 2011, 09:06 AM

agreed

moorebounce
Aug 17, 2011, 09:16 AM

Why? What's the problem Stealth is asking members of this forum a question?
Plus I don't believe I seen another thread asking the same question.

People kill me with stuff like this. People always complain about people using the forums like they're supposed to be used.

Vashyron
Aug 17, 2011, 09:26 AM
Unneeded because it's already confirmed to have instanced drops for each player.

Good to know what the majority wants, but eh.

BIG OLAF
Aug 17, 2011, 09:42 AM
Why? What's the problem Stealth is asking members of this forum a question?
Plus I don't believe I seen another thread asking the same question.

Unneeded because it's already confirmed to have instanced drops for each player.

That's why. It seems redundant since we already know what will be in the game. Ergo, asking people what they "would" like is nothing more than novelty.

But, whatever. Not my business.

Rizen
Aug 17, 2011, 09:44 AM
Read what the OP said...

Which would you like

Note: Not what will happen, but what you would like

He just asking what you would prefer...just answer the question or move along.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 03:48 AM
Solo. It prevents a lot of issues that games have had before.

PSO - Item calling, item ninja-ing, etc.
PSU - booting for picking up certain items, booting when a rare dropped.

In this case, you get what the game gives you, and if you need other things you buy them, which should keep the economy going, assuming hackers don't ruin it. Which they probably will.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 18, 2011, 03:57 AM
They obviously will, because GameGuard is such a good program.

moorebounce
Sep 3, 2011, 09:18 AM
That's why. It seems redundant since we already know what will be in the game. Ergo, asking people what they "would" like is nothing more than novelty.

But, whatever. Not my business.

People who think this thread was unneeded should have past by the thread in the first place. The posts saying this thread was unneeded was unneeded.

Sega could still change the drops. Nothing is comfirmed until the game drops.

LOL....

Sw353
Sep 3, 2011, 09:27 AM
I never had a problem with group drops. solo drops are fine too. I wonder tho, if one person finds a rare, does everyone find a rare? id doubt it, but it seems unfair for one person to find the rare. then again, it seems weird for everyone to find the same rare. either way is fine with me.

Anon_Fire
Sep 3, 2011, 09:40 AM
PSO - Item calling, item ninja-ing, etc.
PSU - booting for picking up certain items, booting when a rare dropped.

PS:Portable - Everyone gets the same rare item.

Hrith
Sep 3, 2011, 06:23 PM
PS:Portable - Everyone gets the same rare item.Which is by far the worst of the three =/

BioWarrior
Sep 3, 2011, 06:27 PM
Solo drops no contest. I never liked being booted at the end of a boss or when a rare creature spawned.

BIG OLAF
Sep 3, 2011, 06:32 PM
People who think this thread was unneeded should have past by the thread in the first place. The posts saying this thread was unneeded was unneeded.

Haha, wow. Still all flustered about something I said 2.5 weeks ago? Hell, I didn't even remember about that post, or this whole thread. You need to relax and let it go.

RemiusTA
Sep 3, 2011, 08:16 PM
Solo drops will promote sharing and keep players from quitting in the middle of a mission after finding a rare item.

....lol, why on earth would anyone ever do this? It's not like rares are dropped on a timer, you can find one rare and have another drop in the very next spawn.

SELENNA
Sep 3, 2011, 10:27 PM
....lol, why on earth would anyone ever do this? It's not like rares are dropped on a timer, you can find one rare and have another drop in the very next spawn.

Because gamers are jerks.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2011, 10:41 PM
Because gamers are jerks.

Thankfully, this isn't %100 percent true. ^^;

Randomness
Sep 3, 2011, 11:41 PM

Eh, PSU's first big problem was a bug exploit. GameGuard is pointless. Security 101: Physical access to a machine trumps all software, no exceptions. I don't know that any actual "hacking" ever occured... just bug exploits that weren't promptly handled (And the inevitable scams, but human stupidity can't be cured with software).

SELENNA
Sep 3, 2011, 11:54 PM
Thankfully, this isn't %100 percent true. ^^;

Of course not, but you only need one such player to ruin a party. Can't say I never rushed for a red box either, since it's the goal of the game, or at least the main point; to obtain great loot and become more powerful doing so.

I think solo drops are a neat idea that'll be better for the game, especially if kicking a player out of a party exists as an option. You won't feel the need to rush towards a red box first while people are fighting. If a drop lags, you won't slay a monster only for player X to get "your" drop because it appeared right next to him.

The only thing is, drops being solo, how does this encourage multiplayer games? I don't want to see a majority of locked rooms again please.

BioWarrior
Sep 4, 2011, 12:02 AM
Solo drops is like auto-rotating loot with all the exploits removed. It's exactly like ordered or random shared drops with 0 chance of theft.

Serephim
Sep 4, 2011, 12:28 AM
you can never steal with random anyway.

People talk about gameguard and PSU like it had all these ridiculous problems, but you can count the issues on your digits if you had to. PSU had a few glitch exploits, but they were all patched. Many games have it much worse.

Gameguard wont be much of an issue. People are going to find exploits whether they use gameguard or something else.

BioWarrior
Sep 4, 2011, 01:19 AM
You can still kick to get the loot on random if nobody else sees it.

SilverFoxR
Sep 6, 2011, 09:29 PM
Solo drops (as in, everyone gets a drop, like in PSZ). It's definitely the better system. It promotes more co-operation than greediness.

However, I hope they will also allow for the possibility of dropping items for team-mates if needed or at least some kind of trade system outside of going back to town.

kyuuketsuki
Sep 6, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if you can drop items... I didn't see anyone do it in any of the alpha videos. Well actually I did, but I couldn't tell if he was dropping items or trashing them (and they were just basically deleted).

There certainly should be the option to drop items, and anything that's manually dropped should be visible to anyone in your party.

BioWarrior
Sep 6, 2011, 10:17 PM
In PSZ and PSP2 which uses the solo drop system monster drops only let you touch them, but if a player drops an item it's free game.

kyuuketsuki
Sep 7, 2011, 12:27 AM
In PSZ and PSP2 which uses the solo drop system monster drops only let you touch them, but if a player drops an item it's free game.
Seems reasonable to assume that's how it will work in PSO2, then. It only makes the most sense anyways.

Malice913150
Sep 7, 2011, 01:07 AM
makes sense... as long as trade/dropping items are not restricted like in PSP2 >.>