PDA

View Full Version : Livestream of alpha test

aozora
Aug 17, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody is planning on doing a livestream of the alpha test??
or is it even aloud?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 17, 2011, 04:23 PM
doubt it, since the front page news said,

"Note that as this is a prerelease build, the participants are advised not to provide information to those outside the alpha tests."

condiments
Aug 17, 2011, 04:25 PM

"Note that as this is a prerelease build, the participants are advised not to provide information to those outside the alpha tests."

This usually is never the case. Videos might get taken off youtube quickly, but we'll have our leaks, don't you worry.:D

BIG OLAF
Aug 17, 2011, 04:28 PM

Yeah, like people are going to listen to that. If I was in the Alpha test, my PrtSc key would be getting one hell of a workout.

EvilMag
Aug 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
You how many Alpha or Beta tests have always said that, and yet we always get information?

aozora
Aug 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, like people are going to listen to that. If I was in the Alpha test, my PrtSc key would be getting one hell of a workout.

My thoughts too. I'll probably stick around to 2am EST just to see if anything pops up. If not, go to sleep and wake up to bunch of leaked pics =D

Vashyron
Aug 17, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thing is not a lot of people would like to risk getting thrown out, so those that do tend to do it, spend time censoring their character/name.

I really don't expect a Stream unless the person doesn't really care. Videos or screenshots of those who feel like leaking stuff later though? Sure.

•Col•
Aug 17, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah... With Streaming, it's WAY easier to get caught.

At least with recorded videos you can blur out your info and such.

SoSxDagg3r89
Aug 17, 2011, 07:19 PM
Quick question for you guys. So they can only play those days only and that's all the alpha test is?

NoiseHERO
Aug 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
"Oh no I got kicked out of a 25 hour over the course of 5 or 6 days during a work week alpha test, which probably only Japanese people are playing right now anyway."

But yeah doubt there will be a live-stream.

But should be plenty of videos, screens and info.

Koric
Aug 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
Gotta think though...

PSO2 is japan only, as so is the game so far.. most, if not all people that would watch the stream is from NA or other countries that isnt japan. xD

Also would be very appreciated from all of us that get to view it..

but either way, its more of a win/win if it was recorded and then censored.

Ryudo
Aug 18, 2011, 02:42 AM
there's a stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ava%E9%85%8D%E4%BF%A1%E3%81%AE%E3%81%A6%E3%81%99%E 3%81%A8%E3%81%A8%E3%81%8B

it's a bit shaky but there's archived footage too

Angelo
Aug 18, 2011, 02:43 AM
there's a stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ava%E9%85%8D%E4%BF%A1%E3%81%AE%E3%81%A6%E3%81%99%E 3%81%A8%E3%81%A8%E3%81%8B

it's a bit shaky but there's archived footage too

Are you Coxy on GAF?

Ryudo
Aug 18, 2011, 02:45 AM
yeah that's me

Angelo
Aug 18, 2011, 02:48 AM
yeah that's me

Hah. If you haven't guessed I'm SuperAngelo64.

This is looking awesome so far!!!

Music is a bit bland though.

EDIT: Aaah! The menu 'cofirm' sound effect! Nostalgia rushing in!

In-mission music is AWESOME! Music switches to an 'in battle' version like PSO!

Ryudo
Aug 18, 2011, 02:57 AM
nice, just attack, barefist attacks too

Angelo
Aug 18, 2011, 03:03 AM
Well... it was fun while it lasted.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 03:03 AM
I taped what was streamed.

Unarmed combat was all i needed from that video. I am happy. The combat and animations are very fluid. The game in general looks much better than it does in stills. It truely does have a very PSO feel to it, despite all we've seen that's different.

Unfortunately the BGM only fades and doesn't completely transition like in PSO, but it sounds wonderful all the same.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 18, 2011, 03:05 AM
Shoutouts to NeoGAF

Tyreek
Aug 18, 2011, 03:05 AM
That didn't take long to get removed now did it? lol.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 03:13 AM
Yeah, they put the banhammer on him and removed all his videos super fast.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 03:14 AM
I taped what was streamed.

So.... You gonna upload that? <.<

Redboigoi
Aug 18, 2011, 03:14 AM
Man, I loved that it felt and looked like PSO, now I'm even more hyped.

Palle
Aug 18, 2011, 03:16 AM
Comments were good for a while, anyway...

Tyreek
Aug 18, 2011, 03:16 AM
I figure if anything catches wind here as well, we'll be in just as much trouble lol.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 18, 2011, 03:19 AM
Aw, I missed it. *sad panda*

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 03:21 AM
I figure if anything catches wind here as well, we'll be in just as much trouble lol.

Exactly. Ill hold off until tomorrow. (its like 4:00am here) Im almost positive it'll be removed when i do though. Looking at it again, im still surprised how good the animations look. The clothing on the characters seems to move with physics as well. (Remember how the PSU and PSO robes looked odd when you walked with them?)

I also noticed that while he was using the Gunslash, the blade retracts when uses the gun but reappears when finished.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 03:21 AM
Aw, I missed it. *sad panda*

Feel the same way.

That's what I get for going to play Team Fortress 2.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 18, 2011, 03:22 AM
That was DAMN awesome! I want to play it soooo much.
Sucks the guy live streaming it got banhammered so quick. :/

SpikeOtacon
Aug 18, 2011, 03:23 AM
That was really interesting to watch, it looked very smooth in action already and I liked the feedback the force had shooting foie out of the rod. Shame his videos got nuked already though!

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 03:24 AM
Haha, it never dawned on me that my recording program takes whatever music is in the background too :0

Ill just exclude that part. It's not significant anyway, he was mostly menu rummaging and jumping up and down anyway.

EggandI
Aug 18, 2011, 03:31 AM
Shit I missed it :-?

Anyone manage to grab the archive footage at least? you could upload it to megaupload and they wont find it there.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 03:38 AM
Shit I missed it :-?

Anyone manage to grab the archive footage at least? you could upload it to megaupload and they wont find it there.

Yeah... Megaupload is best for these types of things... *cough*

I really wish I came back 30 minutes sooner.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 18, 2011, 03:39 AM
I managed to download most of a video before it got taken down. I'll wait for a bit and then upload it tomorrow.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 04:00 AM
Oh of course I had to be asleep when it actually happened. :wacko:

tehhaxorer
Aug 18, 2011, 06:26 AM
so....any other updates or info that somebody wants to share with us?

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 06:30 AM
No harm in pointing this out I guess: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/60061354

I got 7 mins of the stream from this guy, requested I didn't just spread the main link around, so if he wants to, you can get it from him.

chibipocky15
Aug 18, 2011, 06:33 AM
you'd probably get kicked out showing recordings of a game thats still in testing ^^: including how exclusive theyre working with theyre try-e's

Blueblur
Aug 18, 2011, 06:41 AM
No harm in pointing this out I guess: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/60061354

I got 7 mins of the stream from this guy, requested I didn't just spread the main link around, so if he wants to, you can get it from him.

Thanks for the link. I just e-mailed him.

Tetsaru
Aug 18, 2011, 06:54 AM

Same here! Hope he doesn't mind... ^^;

hewitt
Aug 18, 2011, 07:16 AM
Is there any new info or things in it?

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 07:19 AM
Well, it shows Unarmed combat. Drop ships dropping crates with PSO like healing circles and Rappies fake death PSO style.

And of course Various Menus that I have no clue what they are saying. :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 07:34 AM
Unarmed? As in martial arts?

.....Well, now. Very interesting. And airdrops you say? HOLLA! Even in PS, there's air support! Can I haz CAS strafing run, plz?

(CAS - Close Air Support. Sorry, military buff.)

And Rappy fake deaths. Sold.

hewitt
Aug 18, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hahahahahah. I hope that guy from gamefaqs will send me the video then since I dont have skype

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 07:38 AM
Unarmed is probably just something thrown in that's useless, but neat. Like PSO unarmed combat. (Or maybe not with these skill tress, but I doubt it.)

Also I noticed you can cut down long grass and trees, but after being cut they just vanish quickly. :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
Unarmed is probably just something thrown in that's useless, but neat. Like PSO unarmed combat. (Or maybe not with these skill tress, but I doubt it.)

Also I noticed you can cut down long grass and trees, but after being cut they just vanish quickly. :wacko:

..........ZELDA! OMG. BOUGHT! XD

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm wondering why nothing has come up on Youtube yet.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
I'm wondering why nothing has come up on Youtube yet.

It probably was up, but Sega banhammered eveything, and most likely called in favors. XD Or some kind of infringement. People aren't supposed to be sharing this information, anyway. Not that they'll listen, though. This information will reach us, eventually.

hewitt
Aug 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
I do like the feedback from using foie, but the resta seems a little dramatic lol

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
Or you know, people are actually using the small allotted time to actually play, before it's up? Probably expect actual videos or screenshots then.

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:09 AM
It probably was up, but Sega banhammered eveything, and most likely called in favors. XD Or some kind of infringement. People aren't supposed to be sharing this information, anyway. Not that they'll listen, though. This information will reach us, eventually.
I see what you mean, but I've been refreshing youtube since this morning (loser ? :D) and nothing has appeared so far. I've emailed the guy though, about the video. I hope I'll get a positive answer.

I remember watching lots of videos from the WoW beta. People aren't scared. I'm not too sure about the Japanese people though. I used to play on PSO ep 3 beta and used to share a lot of info. I believe Japanese did the same. But then, I didn't even know if there was any restriction at all lol. Good old times :-P

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
Oh hello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUj6JBZ0u4

Downloading as well.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 08:43 AM
Vash's suggestion is just as likely as mine, keep in mind.

And I've already watched the video.

I just hope they beef up the amount of combatants (Read: enemies) before final release, I actually found myself yawning. And here I thought I was awake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to the game, and it's great to see some unstylized gameplay, it really is, I'm just a little concerned with how....well, I want to use sparse so I'll roll with it; I'm a little concerned with how sparse the enemy density seems to be. I mean, I want to fight larger groups and feel a little more threatened by the enemy.

On an aesthetic note, was that a Hunewearl (did I spell that right?) wearing the Fonewearl outfit? I really liked that look, if that's the case. Might roll that....at least she looked covered. ^^;

Crystal_Shard
Aug 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
@ Enforcer MKV: I think that's merely a purple hued version of the Hunewearl default.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 09:40 AM
@ Enforcer MKV: I think that's merely a purple hued version of the Hunewearl default.

Really? O.o

Curse me and my half-blindness.....

TierrenZX
Aug 18, 2011, 09:43 AM
Really? O.o

Curse me and my half-blindness.....

Probably cause she kept dashing so much right? :P

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 09:45 AM
Probably cause she kept dashing so much right? :P

Actually, I was born blind in my left eye. :P

I still loled at the joke though, it was good. XD

TierrenZX
Aug 18, 2011, 09:47 AM
Actually, I was born blind in my left eye. :P

I still loled at the joke though, it was good. XD

Ah sorry to hear that, but im glad you thought it was funny : D

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 09:53 AM
Ah sorry to hear that, but im glad you thought it was funny : D

Well, thank you. It's not that big of a concern, since I don't know what I lost. This is normal for me. it's a bitch when someone pops in on my left side, though. Jumped so high once I nearly busted the ceiling! O.o