PDA

View Full Version : OFFLINE Mode???

Mekimaru
Aug 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry if theres already a thread for this... but i cant find it anywhere so i asume there isnt one , or i fail at forums :P

offline mode ? will there be such thing? and will it be like pso where u buy one month each time so you can buy a month when ever you want ? and not like psu where its contious renewal

thanks peeps x

Masterflower
Aug 17, 2011, 05:28 PM
I'm 99.9% sure this will be online only with most likely a 9.99~12.99 online fee. :o

Edit: Yay my 200th Post! :D

Mag-X
Aug 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
I'm 99.9% sure this will be online only with most likely a 9.99~12.99 online fee. :o

Edit: Yay my 200th Post! :D

With micro-transation fees on top, if PSU is anything to go by.

Seth Astra
Aug 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
If there is, it'd probably be like PSU's, where you can't have the same character online and offline. This'd allow server-side character storage, which makes hacking harder (not to mention that, from what I've heard, it'd make it an outright felony).

Orochinagi
Aug 20, 2011, 04:28 AM
They already announced in the beginning that this one is an online game only.

DirksOak
Aug 20, 2011, 06:34 AM
They already announced in the beginning that this one is an online game only.

That's a shame. DC PSO was actually more fun offline. I liked not being NOL'd.

Anime_Angel
Aug 20, 2011, 07:36 AM
I knew straight away it's online only because this is 2011 where there is no offline modes anymore lol

moorebounce
Aug 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
I hope theres an offline mode because sometimes I don't feel like playing online. Hopefully they have one like PSU. The only one so far that didn't have an offline mode was Blue Burst. Although there was supposed to be a Episode IV offline mode for BB.

Also at least w/ PSU there was a Gameguard bypass for offline play.

Marthebeast
Aug 31, 2011, 04:09 PM
Online mode is the only mode available...Yes! This game needs to hurry and come out! Pronto!

SELENNA
Aug 31, 2011, 10:40 PM
Pretty sad how online is the new way to go with videogames. Even Diablo III won't have a single player mode. Makes me a sad panda :(

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:57 PM
It's because the only way to constantly get money out of you is to get you online.

Splitscreen multiplayer is dead. Which is tragic, because Online Multiplayer at its best will never replace my GCN/N64/Dreamcast days of couch fun.

•Col•
Aug 31, 2011, 11:08 PM
Pretty sad how online is the new way to go with videogames. Even Diablo III won't have a single player mode. Makes me a sad panda :(

There's a single player mode, but you have to be online and create a room to play it.

It's similar to what they did with PSO:BB.

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2011, 11:29 PM
"Hey, you wanna play this new game I got? I'll hook up the other controller so we can both play!"

"Hey, you wanna play this new game I got? You gotta get a high end computer, spend hours downloading the software, spend hours setting up your character and account, then we can play together! But not in the same house, of course."

I love online games, but... It's really hard to get friends to play with me nowadays. Still, it's not like I got much multiplayer action in PSO.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
thats so backwards.

Lord forbid the internet ever spontaneously goes away. Modern gaming will be dead X_X

Bushido
Sep 1, 2011, 12:33 AM
"Hey, you wanna play this new game I got? You gotta get a high end computer, spend hours downloading the software, spend hours setting up your character and account, then we can play together! But not in the same house, of course."
"Oh, and you also need to pay fees. Hey! Wait! Where are you going...?"

Yeah, online gaming obviously has its advantages, but it just isn't as simple, convenient or fun as offline multiplayer gaming.

Serephim
Sep 1, 2011, 01:42 AM
It can certantly be fun...but it just isn't the same feeling.

Kind of how 3D full control cameras just dont have the same feeling as fixed cameras for action games, or the pre-rendered backgrounds of old RPGs. Just not the same.

Smash brothers will never be as fun online as it is in person. Nothing was more hilarious back in the day than when someone muted the TV while we were playing Melee to hear all the ridiculous clicking and clacking our controllers made from all the quick movements. In fact i dont think there's a single game on earth that requires as much rapid analog movement as Smash Brothers Melee did. Brawl unfortunately is stuck on perma-noob mode haha

And Powerstone 2 ....oh, Powerstone 2. How i miss thee. And Sonic Adventure 2, sharing controllers for chao raising. And that old game called Ooga Booga. Can't forget Mario Kart 64 either. And the ORIGINAL MARIO PARTY!

Click for Nostalgia Attack X_X
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi8Ql4A0WE&feature=related)

Bushido
Sep 1, 2011, 01:51 AM
It can certantly be fun...but it just isn't the same feeling.

Kind of how 3D full control cameras just dont have the same feeling as fixed cameras for action games, or the pre-rendered backgrounds of old RPGs. Just not the same.

Smash brothers will never be as fun online as it is in person. Nothing was more hilarious back in the day than when someone muted the TV while we were playing Melee to hear all the ridiculous clicking and clacking our controllers made from all the quick movements. In fact i dont think there's a single game on earth that requires as much rapid analog movement as Smash Brothers Melee did. Brawl unfortunately is stuck on perma-noob mode haha

And Powerstone 2 ....oh, Powerstone 2. How i miss thee. And Sonic Adventure 2, sharing controllers for chao raising. And that old game called Ooga Booga.

Nostalgia Attack X_X

You and I are definitely on the same page. A few buddies and I routinely (and I mean almost everyday) hung out at my place and played hours upon hours of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (both Chao raising and Battle mode), Super Smash Bros. Melee, PSO Episode I & II Plus, Sonic Shuffle... And whatever game someone got a hold of that week.

Good times, how I miss them... *sigh*

Noel Vermillion
Sep 1, 2011, 04:07 AM
By the way, if you have a Gamecube and Action Replay then you can trick the game in to allowing two-player chao raising :P

tehhaxorer
Sep 1, 2011, 06:29 AM
I highly sincerely doubt there will be an offline mode. Offline modes in which you can use your character to level etc. are easily hackable and we don't want that.

Online only is the best option imo.

Zyrusticae
Sep 1, 2011, 08:14 AM
I can kind of understand the sadness of seeing splitscreen's demise, but on the other hand, splitscreen was never alive on the PC to begin with, so no big loss there.

Offline mode, on the other hand... well. This is a multiplayer game. It's 2011. Just gonna have to deal with it.

thats so backwards.

Lord forbid the internet ever spontaneously goes away. Modern gaming will be dead X_X
Except this will never happen.

And if it does, it's millennia in the future, so it is irrelevant to us right now.

Angelo
Sep 1, 2011, 08:20 AM
And the ORIGINAL MARIO PARTY!

Click for Nostalgia Attack X_X
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi8Ql4A0WE&feature=related)

Off-Topic fun fact: Yasunori Mitsuda of Chrono Trigger fame composed the soundtrack for the first Mario Party.

•Col•
Sep 1, 2011, 10:02 AM
By the way, if you have a Gamecube and Action Replay then you can trick the game in to allowing two-player chao raising :P

Are you ****ing serious?

I wish I would have known that 8 years ago...

chibiLegolas
Sep 1, 2011, 12:27 PM
That's a shame. DC PSO was actually more fun offline. I liked not being NOL'd.

*GASP!* Blasphemy! PSO was WAY more fun online than not! Well, IMO anyways. Meeting up with random folks or a crew of friends and just having a good time really mixes things up from the grind of the game. There's more pros than cons with online vs. offline.
But that's how I see things.

Anyways, with gaming companies nowadays, they need the steady cash flow to help stay in business. So I don't see any hope for an offline mode.

Anon_Fire
Sep 1, 2011, 12:29 PM
There should be no offline mode anyway.

Vashyron
Sep 1, 2011, 12:42 PM
Are you ****ing serious?

I wish I would have known that 8 years ago...

Haha, wasn't really playable though. Only 1 camera and it followed Player 1.

Serephim
Sep 1, 2011, 01:28 PM
Boy, with an action replay you can trick the game into ANYTHING.

Anyone ever played SSBM with Action Replay cheats? Funniest shit on earth.

Memory edits are srs bisnis

•Col•
Sep 1, 2011, 02:44 PM
Haha, wasn't really playable though. Only 1 camera and it followed Player 1.

Still would've been infinitely better than what me and my friends did.

And teaming up with 2 of my friends to take on a SUPER Gigabowser capable of killing you in 1 hit was the coolest thing ever.