johnjacob
Aug 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUj6JBZ0u4

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:18 AM
Well, thanks sir.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 08:19 AM
Haha, I just saw this posted at 2ch a few mins ago.

Downloaded it as well, because no doubt it's going to go down.

BlackCosmic
Aug 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thank you! ^_^

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
I can't even tell how good this game looks.

EGO-BOT
Aug 18, 2011, 08:27 AM
oh awesome, thanks!

Ezodagrom
Aug 18, 2011, 08:28 AM
Based on the video, I like the combat mechanics, the music transition, the only thing I didn't like was how spammable the dodge skill was to make the player go through more distance faster, there's 2 things that could fix that though, implement a running feature or make the dodge skill use PP.

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:30 AM
The only thing I'm not sure about is the blur effect while hiting an ennemy. Too much effects can kill it. Otherwise, everything seems perfect to me!

Magil
Aug 18, 2011, 08:32 AM
for me its a goood progress from the psu era

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:39 AM
I wanna see more now :P

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 08:48 AM
The enemy density seemed a little sparse for my tastes, honestly. Would like that increased a little...

Also, could someone with better sight then mine (half-blind, seriously.) confirm for me what that Hunewearl (did I spell that correctly?) is wearing? Because if I'm seeing this as I should be, it looks like she's wearing the Fonewearl outfit. And if that's the case....I think I just found my Newman's outfit, since it looks like she's covered, and I didn't really care for the Hunewearl's default outfit.

EDIT: Thank you in advance.

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 08:50 AM
The enemy density seemed a little sparse for my tastes, honestly. Would like that increased a little...
Maybe that's because she's playing by herself ? I don't know, but I must say we need more enemies when we're playing with team mates.

condiments
Aug 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
The actual combat looks great(more twitchy and responsive, which is a must for these type of games), but the enemies themselves seem hilariously inept of dealing with the player. The monkey enemies keep trying to pick up rocks while the player was attacking, and missing horribly. Rock throwing should be used against forces and rangers. The AI needs to be more aggressive, and adapt to players.

Of course, its not much to base off of one video, but everything else looks solid.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah, by the looks of it Enemy AI is pretty bad. That and the dodging to go faster is probably my only 2 annoyances so far, everything else looks nice.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 08:55 AM
Maybe that's because she's playing by herself ? I don't know, but I must say we need more enemies when we're playing with team mates.

That was my thought as well. Perhaps it scales? If so, bravo, Sega, bravo.

jayster
Aug 18, 2011, 08:56 AM
It looks amazing, better than I expected tbh. However, how she kept using the dodge to run normally was irritating and I don't like all the flashes each time you hit a monster. Other than that, it looks great.

condiments
Aug 18, 2011, 09:00 AM
It looks amazing, better than I expected tbh. However, how she kept using the dodge to run normally was irritating and I don't like all the flashes each time you hit a monster. Other than that, it looks great.

Yeah, if they bump up the aggressiveness of enemy AI so they're more than punching bags we're looking at a good combat system. Wire lance animations look great.

It would also be cool to see some party combat.

jayster
Aug 18, 2011, 09:01 AM
It was a little odd hearing english in the game as well. At the end when she finished a quest I guess.

Tetsaru
Aug 18, 2011, 09:01 AM
Haha, I just saw this posted at 2ch a few mins ago.

Downloaded it as well, because no doubt it's going to go down.

Do you have a link?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 09:02 AM

I'm glad it seems that everyone was annoyed by the dodge spam, and not just me. The combat looks like it'd be more enjoyable than most of the other MMOs I've played.

I absolutely LOVE the UI, the crisp, clean look it gives, the effects for switching menus, and did anyone notice how the hotbar at the bottom phased out when going into a menu and then phased back in when you left? That stood out for me.

Alis-Landeel
Aug 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
They should improve the enemies responsiveness.

The dodge speed is ok. But they should implement the fast run.

Temprus
Aug 18, 2011, 09:04 AM
I actually think that the dodge spam was probably because the player had their weapon out. I assume you'll move faster with the weapon sheathed.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 09:06 AM
Do you have a link?

I'll reupload when it's down.

Also, anyone noticed the trap at 2:06? Makes use of the PSO sound as well.

Either a Alpha thing or they really want to trigger nostalgia for using a ton of PSO elements.

I actually think that the dodge spam was probably because the player had their weapon out. I assume you'll move faster with the weapon sheathed.

I think this is correct actually. On the other video when the player put away his weapon he ran much faster.

Mike
Aug 18, 2011, 09:08 AM
There are lots of PSO sounds in the alpha.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah I know, but I mean they use it everywhere possible really. Such as at the end of event had the quest ending jingle from PSO. Just inserting PSO sounds where applicable.

TierrenZX
Aug 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm used to jump spammers and the like from playing various MMOs and the like so something like that is tame for me. Considering that this person was kind enough to post up a video despite Sega's banhammering craze was more than enough for me personally to overlook that.

I do agree that the flashes are a bit annoying though and the UI looks really, really good. I downloaded the video at the highest quality possible and this game looks pretty solid already.

Although I would like to see more enemies, I think Sega's biggest concern is more for bugs/glitches of the sort. Hopefully, there will be more enemy adjustments as the game gets more polish

WiZ1988
Aug 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the video. It looks pretty fucking good. Like it's been stated here the enemies just seem like punching bags. I can't wait.

Alnet
Aug 18, 2011, 09:14 AM
I approve of what I see greatly.

Though maybe my ears lack subtlety, but I found it a little hard at first to find the point in the music when it changes to a more aggressive tone. Though by the time the video was over, I had it down. And yes, that "dodge to move" thing really needs to be fixed with sprinting or something. Castlevania, Zelda, and the like have made me loathe when dodging is faster than walking.

Give a negative, then a positive.

In terms of what I liked... I liked the Hunter's voice, actually. It sounded appropriate, somehow. And I liked that she didn't specifically say anything. I feel that when the voices you pick have phrases loaded in them for when you're attacking or dodging or the like, it sort of takes away from the personality you'd like for your character, because even if the phrase is close, nobody ever really nails how you'd like your character to say something.

And I liked how the stage seemed spacious, but didn't have comically wide open areas. One of the problems I had with PSU was that the some of the areas had entirely too much space for the things you were doing, and at some point, Sega even modded many areas (in particular, I'm thinking of some of the Desert stages on Moatoob) so that there would be gates blocking you off from unnecessary paths. It's also important to note that when there's 8-12 people running around at once, the stage is going to look like a veritable battlefield.

Good progress thus far.

Masterflower
Aug 18, 2011, 09:22 AM
Needs more enemy aggressiveness. Other then that....* drool......*

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 09:24 AM

*hands her a napkin* Down girl. XD

Selphea
Aug 18, 2011, 09:29 AM

The Forest in 1P mode on PSO1 was like that o.o Same with Linear Line on PSU. Difficulty will probably scale up in the higher levelled areas. PSO lowbie areas have traditionally been designed to make the player feel uber.

The enemies on Normal difficulty were about as stupid too. Then again, AI should have improved since it's been 10 years from the original, especially given how much characters have improved - gaining dashes, jumps etc.

Other thoughts:

A slower dash speed, faster run speed with weapon or longer recovery time after dashing would be nice, all that dashing reminds me of Street Fighter
No techs on the Hunewearl, not even level 1 Foie, I'm worried. Hopefully this is because the game's still in Alpha
I wonder if a Cast would have seen the trap, hopefully we'll get some Cast vid leaks too
The area reminds me of Crysis =x Not saying it's Crysis-level quality because even at 720p it still looked too blurry to tell, but the color palette and the general atmosphere does remind me of it

Ezodagrom
Aug 18, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hey, I found a alpha test video on youtube. I put it up on my site. give it a click on my siggy. :D
Video was already posted here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190244

ShadowDragon28
Aug 18, 2011, 09:31 AM
Looks soo damn awesome! I love all the PSO sfx, the music shifting from soft to more excited when enemies showed up, the enviroment looks great, some nice Rappy thumping, the interupt event mini-boss fight was very nice. Wired lance looks cool, I love that the sword's attacks are actually pretty quick this time and dont seem to be super heavy/attack super slow anymore. I want to play it soooo much. >_<

Ryudo
Aug 18, 2011, 09:32 AM

in fairness it's the first area on the easiest difficulty I'm sure

johnjacob
Aug 18, 2011, 09:35 AM
i post it

condiments
Aug 18, 2011, 09:37 AM
I think the dash problem can be solved by simply making you run faster with a sheathed weapon. Messing with dash could have gameplay consequences(namely you get getting smashed in the face for not being fast enough).

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think the dash problem can be solved by simply making you run faster with a sheathed weapon. Messing with dash could have gameplay consequences(namely you get getting smashed in the face for not being fast enough).

This is already implemented, just this particular player chose to dash like a madman instead.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 18, 2011, 09:50 AM
Easy difficulty, low rank quests tend to have less monsters and are not as aggressive.

MidiPour
Aug 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
The video has been deleted by the poster just now, but thanks for the video. That gave me a better glimpse into how the gameplay will be like.

BIG OLAF
Aug 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
Of course the video gets taken down the moment I see the thread. Oh well, I guess.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
*Cast with a Sega logo on the shoulder lowers his rifle*

Target......

Down.

Me: DAMN YOU, SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sega Cast: What!? HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9000!

Sega: WHAT!? THAT"S NOT POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Tetsaru
Aug 18, 2011, 10:17 AM
Removed by user, but I uploaded it. Link is in my site (check sig) :3

Thanks for this! :D

DirksOak
Aug 18, 2011, 10:39 AM

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Corey Blue
Aug 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
I'm surprised and amazed at how good that video was.

Copasetik
Aug 18, 2011, 11:03 AM
Downloading it now! Thanks for the upload!

Tyreek
Aug 18, 2011, 11:25 AM
LOL, this is all over the place now. Unfortunately I have horrid download speed during the day period.

funkyskunk
Aug 18, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the upload. For those that don't want to click the link in cyanprime's sig:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ49RCTM

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 11:32 AM
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

I missed ANOTHER video.........

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 11:33 AM
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

I missed ANOTHER video.........

It's fine. In summary, Dodge is ridiculous, and the UI is pretty.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
damn, now I regret not trying for the alpha. This gameplay really impressed me. thanks for the upload.

still waiting for Melee FOnewearl gameplay. :3

STharuko
Aug 18, 2011, 11:47 AM
GREAT VID++

everything was awesome,
tho the dodge looks a tad OP being if your good enough you could play and never be hit by normal mobs. unless they have a fix with aoe mobs idk. just GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! op dodge is also nice

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
Finally finished watching it.

All I have to say right now is:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6996/hunewearl.jpg
YAY DFC

BIG OLAF
Aug 18, 2011, 12:09 PM
YAY DFC

Which meaning of "DFC" are you using? If it's Delicious Flat Chest, then I agree.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 12:12 PM
I wasn't even aware there are other commonly-accepted variations of "DFC".

Always been Deliciously Flat Chest in my mind.

BIG OLAF
Aug 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
Well, when I saw you say "DFC", I wasn't sure what you meant, so I went to Wikipedia's disambiguation page for "DFC." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFC)

But, when I saw Delicious Flat Chest, I realized that's what you were going for. I was pleased.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the upload. For those that don't want to click the link in cyanprime's sig:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ49RCTM

Thank you very much.

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
Any force gameplay found yet? Dying to see some.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 12:36 PM
Any force gameplay found yet? Dying to see some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAfb8-UywC8

From a stream, very low quality compared to the one in this thread though.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
The easiest way to fix the dodge button is to make it like smart developers do...

Dodge frames at the start, decently long recovery at the end. It makes it so that you can't just dodge at random to avoid all attacks just because the invincibility frames are much larger than the non ones.

moorebounce
Aug 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
Great Video many thanks to the uploader.

I just came rainbows watching this video.

Rika-chan
Aug 18, 2011, 12:52 PM
"This video has been removed by the user"

;-;

EDIT: Nevermind

Rizen
Aug 18, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'M SOLD! Can I get a shutupandtakemymoney.jpg?

TierrenZX
Aug 18, 2011, 12:59 PM
I'M SOLD! Can I get a shutupandtakemymoney.jpg?

http://watchplayread.com/files/2011/03/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Here you gooo...

cosmos-169
Aug 18, 2011, 01:23 PM
if this dont come outside japan i am killing a cat.

Rizen
Aug 18, 2011, 01:24 PM
After watching it a few times, somethings I noticed in combat:

1. Dashing - It's nice and flashy, but it seems could get a bit out of hand. It almost seems like you can dash in and out of any situation without any consequences and avoiding hits while at it. Seems like there should be a limit to it.

2. Infinite attacking? - It looked like melee can just continue to keep swinging away without pause so long as they dash and attack immediately. Anyone thing there should be a bit of a restriction on this? Hopefully, hunters wont be reduced to pure repeated button mashers.

3. Enemies - Anyone noticed how easily they get stuck on the enviroment?

This is an alpha and I'm sure things will change, but from what I seen so far, I am impressed.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 01:29 PM
It looks fantastic, but I'm a little worried about the combat. This person was attacking constantly, and their attacks made the enemies flinch, allowing them to destroy enemies without even getting touched. There's no difficulty in that at all. If you can solo that easily in the main game, I forsee a pretty spread out community. However, I'm realllllly looking forward to the game, and can't wait to play.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 18, 2011, 01:29 PM
If this is the same movie, my bad. But I'll post it anyway. It got cut off at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the link Vashyron. Too bad it didn't show more than foie and resta being used. But cool that forces can use gunslash.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
If this is the same movie, my bad. But I'll post it anyway. It got cut off at the end.

Nothing to see here. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24)

Only a part of it has been posted, but it was low quality anyway.

Thanks.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 01:33 PM

Alright. Dodge is going to have to be nerfed before the game comes out.

2. Infinite attacking? - It looked like melee can just continue to keep swinging away without pause so long as they dash and attack immediately. Anyone thing there should be a bit of a restriction on this? Hopefully, hunters wont be reduced to pure repeated button mashers.

This is balanced fighting game rule 101: If you can allow the player to cancel a move, for free, without any penalty or drawback, you have a problem.

Dodge needs either :

1) PP usage If you do an attack, and then dodge to cancel and continue attacking, it should be counted as a special move because it gives you an advantage. If you dodge during an attack, it should take PP like in PSP2.

Or

2) Recovery frames. If you dodge then you should have to wait to move afterwards.

Either way, dodge (or step or whatever that is) is just too good the way it is now. It is a game breaker because it allowed that guy to do basically whatever he wanted. (Attack safely, attack forever without recovery, gain PP fast, not get hit, move across the stage fast). I seriously got tired of watching this guy play because of all that freaking dodging.

Other than that this looks alot better than i thought it would! The dodge cancel problems aside, the game looks very solid

Nitro Vordex
Aug 18, 2011, 01:34 PM
Mine isn't the best quality, it was more than likely from the same stream you guys were talking about. It's a 15 minute clip. IF anyone wants to watch it on Youtube before it gets taken down, now's the time.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
I like how they "inject" monomates and such in the arm. Also seeing the new sword combo and PA as well the gunblade and lancewhip? makes me getting more excited about this game. I want it already ;o

LuckyDay
Aug 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the Youtube video.

Damn, this a finally a proper lobby. A true improvement from the old ones. It looks like EP3 pioneer 2, but even better. I'm loving all the details of it. :D

Rizen
Aug 18, 2011, 01:46 PM
Alright. Dodge is going to have to be nerfed before the game comes out.

This is balanced fighting game rule 101: If you can allow the player to cancel a move, for free, without any penalty or drawback, you have a problem.

For some reason when you say that, the first thing I think about is Gunz Online....

Itsuki
Aug 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
I personally don't mind the dodging. Though it may be restricted a bit more. If there is the ability to dodge that much, then that just means that they will be able to make the bosses that much more skill oriented.

blace
Aug 18, 2011, 01:50 PM
For some reason when you say that, the first thing I think about is Gunz Online....
The entire emphasis of that game is about animation canceling.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
I don't see what the problem is with the dodging.

It's a PvE game. It's perfectly fine if we get to pull off rad shit like that. All they have to do is buff the enemies to compensate. Preferably with rad AI.

Besides, still alpha, everything subject to change, etc. I really like the look of dashing every which-way with that massive sword swinging, looks REAL nice.

Also, I will note that the enemies do a lot of damage. One attack from a minor mob did 61 damage, on a character (a HUNTER, mind you) with 249 HP. That is enormous. You damn well better be able to prevent that damage from occurring in the first place, or you'll be dead in no time.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 02:00 PM

amazing, because Gunz Online is EXACTLY what i had in mind when i typed that. The "technical skill" in that game was nothing but abusing the dash mechanic to cancel everything from attacks to physics xD

A few more things:

- Like i said dash has to be nerfed in some way. i think its awesome that she can move that quick and attack like that, but she shouldn't be able to do it forever. I love how the combat looks though, it looks better and more solid than most console action only games.

- Either her PA should take more PP, or she should gain alot less just by hitting enemies

- I notice elements are back on the weapons ( -_-; ). I think that if you are going to have fire attack on the weapon, you should have to press seperate button more like PSO.

That way, you can still use the weapon against monsters of same element and not have to switch. That was gayest part about PSU to me.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 02:01 PM

Weren't you one of the people complaining a great deal about perfect guarding because it allowed players to avoid ALL damage from every enemy? :l

How is infinite dodging any different?

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 02:02 PM
Y'know, you could easily discourage the dash-attack style of gameplay by making damage on combos scale based on where you are in the chain.

For example, the second and third attack doing successively higher damage than the first attack, and the chain being reset every time you do a dash-cancel would mean optimal DPS would be from standing your ground, NOT dashing around like a madman. Dashing would then simply be an option or a style, rather than the optimal choice.

Weren't you one of the people complaining a great deal about perfect guarding because it allowed players to avoid ALL damage from every enemy? :l

How is infinite dodging any different?
It depends.

Dodging can work even if it has zero invincibility frames, because you're physically moving out of the path of an attack. If it has invincibility frames just like blocking does, then it IS a problem. Somehow, I don't think that's how it works.

In fact, to me it looked a lot more like dashing than dodging. When I think "dodging" I usually think of flips and rolls, not, y'know, dashing. Which is what this is.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 02:06 PM

It's a PvE game. It's perfectly fine if we get to pull off rad shit like that. All they have to do is buff the enemies to compensate. Preferably with rad AI.

Besides, still alpha, everything subject to change, etc. I really like the look of dashing every which-way with that massive sword swinging, looks REAL nice.

Also, I will note that the enemies do a lot of damage. One attack from a minor mob did 61 damage, on a character (a HUNTER, mind you) with 249 HP. That is enormous. You damn well better be able to prevent that damage from occurring in the first place, or you'll be dead in no time.

No, because she has no limit to how often she can do it. It pretty much makes the 3-hit combo useless. I have no problem with her being able to pull it off, i just think that all that dodging or dodge-kicking she does should definitely take some meter.

And i 100% agree with you about the damage. I was gonna complain about the enemies, but she only got hit like three times the whole video and she almost died.

My fix for dodging:

1) It takes about between 10-20% of your bar to do each time you do it.

2) Instead of scaling damage between combos, you can just scale the PP gain. It should recover very little on the first attack, only a bit more on the second, but most on the last hit. That way she can do all that stylish monster hopping, but if she relies on it than she will never gain meter and be able to do PAs or higher damage

But regardless of the combat aspect, Dodge still needs a limit because of how badly you can abuse it for movement speed.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 02:09 PM
But you're assuming she has full invincibility during the dash.

Again, I see no problem with the dashing if there are no invincibility frames. There are other ways to discourage it without making it completely fucking useless as a play style.

(Also, sprinting is probably faster and the player probably simply didn't realize that.)

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 02:13 PM
Putting your weapon away makes you run much faster, you can clearly see this in the other video.

Mike
Aug 18, 2011, 02:13 PM
The dodge roll, as in the ranger's dodge roll, has a period invinciblity which can be increased by using skill points but I can't say if the hunter's dash has any. If the three types are equal in their dodging abilities, then everybody may get periods of invincibility.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
Well that is true, but i think It just makes the game look badly designed to see people jumping and dodging and crap all the time instead of using the mechanic that was meant for the action. I dont mind the jumping, but the step action gets old very quick.

and you are probably right about him not realizing running is faster

In fact, to me it looked a lot more like dashing than dodging. When I think "dodging" I usually think of flips and rolls, not, y'know, dashing. Which is what this is.Do you remember this?

Hunters: Step
Rangers: Dive Roll (Name Awaiting Verification)
Force: Mirage Escape

i guess thats what it is.

And i dont know if anyone noticed, but instead of just "moving" out the way, it looks like the step feature makes her dash around to the enemy blindside

I guess it isnt really a problem but i just dont want to see the endgame turn into something like Gunz lol

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 02:17 PM
The player controls the direction of the step. I noticed her doing some side-stepping as well.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I think it looks totally, 100% badass, and is especially appropriate for a HUnewearl, who isn't supposed to be the type of fighter that stands their ground anyways. I will admit I will be somewhat miffed if I see a bunch of hefty HUcasts spamming the step as well, especially if they have partisans in the game...

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
It does look awesome. But that doesn't mean it cant very easily be broken at the same time.

But its okay, because this is exactly what this test is for. Now we need to also help tell sega what to fix now...which is just gonna be a slap in the face because that makes it obvious nobody is listening to them when they say dont disclose info haha

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
The Forces' 'dodge' is a teleport.

The Rangers' is a roll.

Something tells me that the Hunters' 'dodge' isn't going to be the most vulnerable.

EDIT: Ninja'd horribly. Guess I should refresh the tab after leaving it for 15 minutes.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 02:29 PM

I did like that the mobs were strong, but if you can dash around constantly, hits are few and far between. I would like some strategy or skill involved in the combat. If dashing makes you invulnerable or lets you escape easily, that's not much of a challenge. Simple strafing would suffice, along with some sort of dodge roll (that would cost pp) for emergencies.

Milla
Aug 18, 2011, 02:30 PM
Whoa nostalgia overload. :O That is exactly how I pictured a PSO sequel to play and sound like. IMO the few music tracks so far are amazing, much better then any of the past few PS games.

condiments
Aug 18, 2011, 02:33 PM
I did like that the mobs were strong, but if you can dash around constantly, hits are few and far between. I would like some strategy or skill involved in the combat. If dashing makes you invulnerable or lets you escape easily, that's not much of a challenge. Simple strafing would suffice, along with some sort of dodge roll (that would cost pp) for emergencies.

Yeah having dash and dodge be tied to resource would be a good idea. It would make combat less dashing like a madman, and more making precise movements when they're needed. Having to balance tech, escape maneuvers, and PP attacks so you don't run out and get killed would add some depth to the game.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 02:37 PM
That's rather an oversimplification.

It doesn't matter how fast you can dodge if you're completely surrounded. You'll get hit eventually, especially since you can't dodge and attack at the same time. It also depends on the mobs themselves - how smart or fast they are, whether or not they have AoE abilities, whether or not they use actual tactics to make it dangerous to stop moving.

I don't think the fast dashing in any way reduces the level of skill or strategy in the game at all. And, on the contrary, I think PSU-style strafing is incredibly sterile and does absolutely nothing to add to the game. Being a hunter in PSU was nothing short of frustrating if you didn't already have the ATP and PAs to kill things instantaneously.

Also, as has already been noted, rangers DO have the style of gameplay you're talking about - slow strafing with a dodge roll. Hunters are different, and that's a very good thing.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 02:42 PM
That's rather an oversimplification.

It doesn't matter how fast you can dodge if you're completely surrounded. You'll get hit eventually, especially since you can't dodge and attack at the same time. It also depends on the mobs themselves - how smart or fast they are, whether or not they have AoE abilities, whether or not they use actual tactics to make it dangerous to stop moving.

I don't think the fast dashing in any way reduces the level of skill or strategy in the game at all. And, on the contrary, I think PSU-style strafing is incredibly sterile and does absolutely nothing to add to the game. Being a hunter in PSU was nothing short of frustrating if you didn't already have the ATP and PAs to kill things instantaneously.

Also, as has already been noted, rangers DO have the style of gameplay you're talking about - slow strafing with a dodge roll. Hunters are different, and that's a very good thing.

Yes, the game itself may be different, but IN THAT VIDEO, the player got hit maybe 5 times, even when surrounded by enemies. They were able to dash around, make enemies flinch constantly with weapons, and kill them with very minimal difficulty. If they were surrounded, they simply dashed to the outside of the mob and attacked them all at once. Judging from your post there, you seem like one of those players who wants everything to be handed to them on a platter, and be able to slaughter everything without difficulty. You can have your playstyle, fine, but I'm not interested in the game having no challenge in combat. And in that video, there was none.

•Col•
Aug 18, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I just don't understand Zyrusticae... -.-

To him, apparently blocking a single attack from a single enemy to avoid taking damage is completely broken hax0rs. But avoiding every attack from every enemy to avoid taking ANY damage is perfectly fine.

What the hell, man.

BioWarrior
I really want to see some Barta and Zonde action. Maybe on the next day well see some of it.

Serephim
The issue is not that he is able to do what he was able to do. The issue is that he was able to indefinitely do what he was able to do. I think his ability to be a one man army is amazing, but i can't imagine the game being fun if 4 other players are able to do the same thing. There HAS to be a limit somewhere.

The issue with him being able to be a badass is that if he's able to fight upfront without ever being hit....why on earth would you need a Ranger or Force on your side?

Keeping that feature untouched the way it is right now is game balance suicide.

Forever Zero
Aug 18, 2011, 02:46 PM

Thanks for uploading that. The game looks awesome so far! :D I really like the music.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, the game itself may be different, but IN THAT VIDEO, the player got hit maybe 5 times, even when surrounded by enemies. They were able to dash around, make enemies flinch constantly with weapons, and kill them with very minimal difficulty. If they were surrounded, they simply dashed to the outside of the mob and attacked them all at once. Judging from your post there, you seem like one of those players who wants everything to be handed to them on a platter, and be able to slaughter everything without difficulty. You can have your playstyle, fine, but I'm not interested in the game having no challenge in combat. And in that video, there was none.
First of all, it's an early alpha video of what is a very low-level mission area.

Secondly, it's one player - remember how much easier PSO is in single player compared to multiplayer? Do you really think the game won't scale at all to higher player numbers?

Thirdly, no, I am not interested in being invincible. I just really love the style of dashing around so quickly, and would be extremely saddened to see it go away.

You guys really like to make a lot of assumptions based on one video. It is quite amusing.

Yeah, I just don't understand Zyrusticae... -.-

To him, apparently blocking a single attack from a single enemy to avoid taking damage is completely broken hax0rs. But avoiding every attack from every enemy to avoid taking ANY damage is perfectly fine.

What the hell, man.
See above.

Also, we haven't even seen a boss fight yet. My comment on perfect blocking was in the context of big boss fights and being able to block their massive attacks with zero issue. THAT is completely retarded, and I seriously doubt we will see that return.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 02:53 PM
The issue is not that he is able to do what he was able to do. The issue is that he was able to indefinitely do what he was able to do. I think his ability to be a one man army is amazing, but i can't imagine the game being fun if 4 other players are able to do the same thing. There HAS to be a limit somewhere.

The issue with him being able to be a badass is that if he's able to fight upfront without ever being hit....why on earth would you need a Ranger or Force on your side?

Keeping that feature untouched the way it is right now is game balance suicide.

I think being able to attack constantly can turn out okay, assuming not all enemies will flinch on every attack. If some can fight through it, then the person's stream of attacks will be interrupted at some point. But if a person can just dash away whenever they see an attack coming, even while mid-combo...it's too simple. *SMASHSMASHSMASH* "Oh look an attack!" *dash* *SMASHSMASHSMASH*

Over-buffing enemies to compensate is NOT a solution to that at all. That's a cheap fix to a broken system. That's like how Episode 2 in PSO had a ton of instant-death attacks. Cheap difficulty.

This is all based off of one video, and the game is only in alpha. A lot could change so I'm still interested, I'm just hoping that combat doesn't turn out to be really easy.

SStrikerR
Aug 18, 2011, 02:59 PM
First of all, it's an early alpha video of what is a very low-level mission area.

You guys really like to make a lot of assumptions based on one video. It is quite amusing.

I had already said in an earlier post that I understood that it was only one video of the alpha, and that I know a lot can change.

What I find amusing is how high your horse is.

Dongra
Aug 18, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, the irony.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 03:08 PM
I had already said in an earlier post that I understood that it was only one video of the alpha, and that I know a lot can change.

How much earlier? Do you really expect me to remember everything an individual poster has stated?

For that matter, do you even expect me to care who you are? I wonder how many posters on this forum don't even look at names when they post. :-?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
can anyone send me the video? email is [email protected]

HyperShot-X-
Aug 18, 2011, 03:27 PM
*yawn.. that dash spamming almost put me to sleep even before I finished watching the vid.. even more annoyed by no jumping action during combat and static camera angle.. the rest of the game looks fresh tho.

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 03:40 PM
I might be wrong about this, but my understanding is the mouse controls the camera angle~

condiments
Aug 18, 2011, 03:52 PM
It seems they first location they allowed players to enter was rather limited in scope. Couple enemy types in sparse numbers. We'll have to see if 'Phase 2' is any more sophisticated. I'm hoping for the big ape enemies to bodyslam noobs.

Corey Blue
Aug 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
*yawn.. that dash spamming almost put me to sleep even before I finished watching the vid.. even more annoyed by no jumping action during combat and static camera angle.. the rest of the game looks fresh tho.

Yeah that dash shit was annoying.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
I might be wrong about this, but my understanding is the mouse controls the camera angle~
that as an option and right analog stick on most controllers as standard.. unless the player on that vid was playing with key board+mouse only and no controller.

Kent
Aug 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
To anyone complaining about dash spamming... Look up Shinobi for the PS2. It's that exact style of gameplay for melee combat. And it can be brutally difficult - when the player is able to dash around and avoid damage so freely, it gets balanced out by having enemies either hit like a truck or have considerable amounts of hitstun, in order to punish any mistakes the player may make.

Even when you can dodge around a bunch, you can still easily be blindsided by something out of your field of view.

It's really a novice mistake to think that being able to dodge and be freely-mobile when infighting is an inherently-broken system: It's only broken when the other gameplay elements don't allow for sloppy or mindlessly spam-happy gameplay to be punished. Things like Lost Planet 2's dodge-rolling, giving invincibility in the early part of the roll, and double damage on the latter part, sound a lot like how Rangers are going to be playing.

At the same time, games like Shinobi (PS2) and God Hand teach players very early on that they don't just need to hit the dodge button at the right time, but they also have to do the correct dodge in order to avoid damage. In the case of the former, you have to take into consideration where you were when you last dodged, so that you're not running straight into an enemy's attack, and in the latter, you have to be mindful of how the enemy is attacking; dodging in a certain way will only grant you partial invulnerability, covering certain types of attacks (meaning, some attacks you have to sidestep to a given side to avoid, some you have to dodge backwards to avoid, and some will hit you if you do either of those, but you can duck under them still).

Given that the video shown is likely from the first area in the game, I have no doubt that the meaner enemies in later areas will be much more aggressive and require much more precise evading to properly dodge their attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if mis-reading what your enemy is doing (or one's own lack of situational awareness) ends up seeing people dash-step straight into a faceful of unhappiness.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the game's first boss absolutely obliterates people who try to dodge mindlessly around against it.

Corey Blue
Aug 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
To anyone complaining about dash spamming... Look up Shinobi for the PS2. It's that exact style of gameplay for melee combat. And it can be brutally difficult - when the player is able to dash around and avoid damage so freely, it gets balanced out by having enemies either hit like a truck or have considerable amounts of hitstun, in order to punish any mistakes the player may make.

Even when you can dodge around a bunch, you can still easily be blindsided by something out of your field of view.

It's really a novice mistake to think that being able to dodge and be freely-mobile when infighting is an inherently-broken system: It's only broken when the other gameplay elements don't allow for sloppy or mindlessly spam-happy gameplay to be punished. Things like Lost Planet 2's dodge-rolling, giving invincibility in the early part of the roll, and double damage on the latter part, sound a lot like how Rangers are going to be playing.

At the same time, games like Shinobi (PS2) and God Hand teach players very early on that they don't just need to hit the dodge button at the right time, but they also have to do the correct dodge in order to avoid damage. In the case of the former, you have to take into consideration where you were when you last dodged, so that you're not running straight into an enemy's attack, and in the latter, you have to be mindful of how the enemy is attacking; dodging in a certain way will only grant you partial invulnerability, covering certain types of attacks (meaning, some attacks you have to sidestep to a given side to avoid, some you have to dodge backwards to avoid, and some will hit you if you do either of those, but you can duck under them still).

Given that the video shown is likely from the first area in the game, I have no doubt that the meaner enemies in later areas will be much more aggressive and require much more precise evading to properly dodge their attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if mis-reading what your enemy is doing (or one's own lack of situational awareness) ends up seeing people dash-step straight into a faceful of unhappiness.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the game's first boss absolutely obliterates people who try to dodge mindlessly around against it.

It's cool when your fighting,but the guy in the video was using it to move,and that was annoying.

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
I agree with Kent. It's unfair to base the system on the very first area in the game. Of course it's gonna be easy. There's not even any large enemies yet.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
It's cool when your fighting,but the guy in the video was using it to move,and that was annoying.
We already covered the movement.

Movement is way faster when weapons are sheathed, resulting in something closer to a sprint. That player was just doing it because he either didn't know or just liked spamming it.

Also, I agree with Kent, but that goes without saying.

Corey Blue
Aug 18, 2011, 04:05 PM

Movement is way faster when weapons are sheathed, resulting in something closer to a sprint. That player was just doing it because he either didn't know or just liked spamming it.

Yeah that part.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 04:08 PM

It wasn't way faster. It was around the same speed, but the dash spam was marginally faster, which is why he kept spamming it.

I dont know. I just see countless issues with being able to endlessly do that. It really doesn't add much to the game to be able to never get hit, and ignore combo cooldowns/recovery frames for free with no penalty or drawback.

There is skill, and then there is just bad mechanics that lead to abuse...I dont want all hunter gameplay to be "ATKATK dodge ATKATK pa ATKATK pa ATKATK pa (empty) ATKATK dodge ATKATK dodge rinse repeat"

I dont see how hunters can't already on the road to godtier. They're already showing qualities of brokenness at level 6. I can see if she was just doing lots of damage with her attacks, but she was using swords and wired lances like they were daggers or sabers. I can't imagine what it'll be like if there are faster weapons avaliable. Yeah, this needs to be fixed. There's really no defending it at this point, i dont know how anyone can't see how potentially terrible this would be for gameplay. Not only for Hunters, but for the other 2 classes as well.

WiZ1988
Aug 18, 2011, 04:09 PM
This all is pretty awesome. Sadly though it made me realize how much I suck reading JP. Mark my word, I will fucking lose it if it doesn't make it to the US/EU....If it doesn't I'll have to learn the language fluently to enjoy the game fully, and with work and school that ain't looking so good. Hope to hear something soon. I just need to learn the menus and all and memorize.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
It wasn't way faster. It was around the same speed, but the dash spam was marginally faster, which is why he kept spamming it.

Check out this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24&feature=player_detailpage#t=524s

This person actually puts his weapon away and it takes a second or so, but a much faster running speed kicks in, now if that is faster than the dash spam I don't know, but it is much faster than with the weapon out.

You'll need to compare side by side for something like this I'd say. Visually dash spamming can seem faster to the eye.

Rizen
Aug 18, 2011, 04:16 PM

Shinobi on PS2 was nothing like what as shown....no where near exact. In Shinobi you actually had to find and attack weak points on enemies in order to actually defeat them. Even then, most enemies would block your attacks. As much as I love Shinobi, I still don't like the idea of being able to dash around like that in a game like this endlessly. We aren't ninjas...at least most of use aren't trying to be.

It's really a novice mistake to think that being able to dodge and be freely-mobile when infighting is an inherently-broken system: It's only broken when the other gameplay elements don't allow for sloppy or mindlessly spam-happy gameplay to be punished.

Novice mistake? Really? There have been a large number of games with this mechanic that made the game either way too easy or just a button masher. As fun as games like Devil May Cry series and Batman Arkham Asylum was, the amount of dashing and dodging you could do made even the hardest difficulty easy despite the amount of damage/punishment for failing not to dodge at the right time. It really came down to button mashing.

This is where I can agree with you.

Again, this is alpha. I will wait to reserve judgement until at least beta.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah it's either the same speed, or a tad slower or a tad faster.

In Devil May Cry, the game encourages you to not get hit. The dash mechanic is more used for getting in position to attack, but the most useful mechanic for avoiding damage while attacking is simply Jumping, since you can't take damage as you rise.

This looks closer to Ninja Gaiden 2, where the quickstep is used for dodging attacks and quickly attacking another enemy. The difference is that Ninja Gaiden 2 is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT. You will fight hordes of enemies who do not stop attacking. They have swords, they have guns, they have magic. You constantly move, or you get grabbed and die. Thats it.

My problem with this is that it's essentally the same thing, except i doubt the enemies will ever be that difficult, and there are two other classes in the game. Making all hunters play like Ryu Hayabusa...well, lets just say we dont need another PSOv1 on our hands.

landman
Aug 18, 2011, 04:22 PM
What is annoying is that he is dashing when he can actually sprint.

Any interesting video about Forces? so far I'm sold with ranger (since the teaser) and fighter.

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 04:24 PM
There is this video which shows force gameplay for a bit. (Most of the video is messing around in the lobby.)

http://youtu.be/UQuN9T_IX24

Even then, he mostly melees the monsters.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 04:25 PM
Post the link only. Do not post embedded videos. He has the video access set to "linked only" so the officials can't find it and get it taken down.

Easiest way for them to find it is visually see it.

landman
Aug 18, 2011, 04:48 PM
Then so far I'm unimpressed with Force gameplay. That melee + Foie combo would be interesting if that foie was actually a la Kio Kusanagi or something like that, but I expect Techs to be again like BIGGER AND BETTER only. I hope I am wrong.

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 04:55 PM
Then so far I'm unimpressed with Force gameplay. That melee + Foie combo would be interesting if that foie was actually a la Kio Kusanagi or something like that, but I expect Techs to be again like BIGGER AND BETTER only. I hope I am wrong.

I feel the same, but it's also a level 1 foie shown.

CAMPSO
Aug 18, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah the game looks great. The force gameplay was a little disappointing tho.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 05:32 PM
Meh, whatevaaah.

We'll see how things change as the alpha progresses. And we'll see whether or not Sega bothers to change how stepping works. (It probably WILL change, as will EVERYTHING ELSE, because it's alpha.)

STharuko
Aug 18, 2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBLNng69tQ"

original video that was posted, somone posted once more 20 mins ago

just incase nobody wants to use mega site

And a new video i believe http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkloy0_yyyyyyyyyyyyyy2-yyyyyyyyyyyyy_videogames

Valif
Aug 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBLNng69tQ

AlphaDragoon
Aug 18, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sabers are Gunblades in PSO2?!

Yes. YES. :-D

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 05:54 PM
And a new video i believe http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkloy0_yyyyyyyyyyyyyy2-yyyyyyyyyyyyy_videogames

Yeah that's new, thanks for sharing.

STharuko
Aug 18, 2011, 06:10 PM
seeing how everyone is split between 2 threads
new video i believe http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkl...yyy_videogames

AfroGuy!
Aug 18, 2011, 06:12 PM
that dodge spamming was rediculous!
but i still like the video, i noticed they used a ton of sounds from pso and only a few from psu.
and he kept missing while using the sword. the kick attack with the sword is pretty cool though.
this game will be great

Flame
Aug 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
I cant really tell from watching these vids but is normal attacking timing based? That is to say, is it more like PSO and PSZ in terms of you not being able to mash attack?

Sord
Aug 18, 2011, 06:26 PM
I can't honestly tell, but that's what the rings moving into the character seem to suggest to me. At the same time though I hear rapid clicking in the dailymotion video, so I dunno.

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 06:27 PM
I'm not completely, 100% certain of this, but it appears to use the same system as in PSU:AotI for normal attacks - that is to say, you can just mash attack normally, but you can also wait and hit the attack button with good timing for stronger attacks (the timing of which is aided by a sphere in the middle of the screen that contracts to show you when to press attack again, as seen in the Force video).

I don't know if this works with PAs as well, though it'd probably be safe to assume such considering that's how it worked in PSU. However, things change...

Ark22
Aug 18, 2011, 06:41 PM
Beautiful.....Just......So...good. But it lacks something, I just don't know what. And I watched about 2 hours worth of vids. Thanks to my friends and them linking me to vids.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 18, 2011, 07:00 PM
hopefull dashing/dodging/rolling will eat up PP in the final build, to discourage people from spamming that action. The only thing missing (which IMO should be there in the final build of the game) is a cute little baby mag floating over the character's shoulder...

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
hopefull dashing/dodging/rolling will eat up PP in the final build, to discourage people from spamming that action. The only thing missing (which IMO should be there in the final build of the game) is a cute little baby mag floating over the character's shoulder...

nomnomnomnomnom.....

Sorry, childish moment.

Anyway, everything that I have seen looks great so far, but I want to see ranger gameplay. And casts. Definitely needs more RAcast...

Soul Guardian
Aug 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
The only thing missing (which IMO should be there in the final build of the game) is a cute little baby mag floating over the character's shoulder...

Makes me wonder if they might ever release some mag concept art on the Facebook page. Or were they just doing character art only?

Vashyron
Aug 18, 2011, 07:23 PM
Or concept art of anything else, like monsters and settings.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, dodge is broken.

After watching the other video, i noticed that the reason she's so fast with the sword on here but not on the other video is because she's barely even using the sword.

Most of attack strings are Atk > Dodge > kick > Dodge > Kick > slash > dodge > kick blahblahbalh

She doesn't even use the weapon to fight. It needs a PP cost...

gordon/alpha999
Aug 18, 2011, 07:36 PM
I hope they bring back some of the classic pso weps, like Heaven Punisher or Spread needle. I would be shocked not to see a Psycho Wand in the game. I want to try that Alpha test for myself ;/

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
This was probably already said, iono.

Right not it all looks awesome and fun...

Just that everything feels kind of empty and vague and a little quick.

I like how going through lobbies to the world seems fast paced, kinda gives everything that "Don't worry, you're not a bunch of polygons trapped in a box." feel. But then it's like even though they have this giant mission with constantly randomly generated shapes, it seems so short then they're back at the main lobby again... @_@

I guess everything looks empty right now because it's just the alpha... iono.

Soul Guardian
Aug 18, 2011, 07:40 PM
The location of mags on a character's body is something to think about though, since it looks like sheathed weapons float a good half a foot off your back in the alpha videos. Of all the things they could have left out of the alpha, why did it have to be mags....
Oh well.

Nitro Vordex
ohgod the jiggletits when they appear on screen.

Ark22
I agree with Mich. But hopefully they will update the content in the Alpha.
And for the dailymotion Vid, Fat chicks need love to 2:30

Soul Guardian
Aug 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe it looks empty because most of the videos ( from what I've seen ) are all solo characters with very few enemies? Hopefully someone will upload one with a fuller party eventually.

They're supposed to add the volcano level eventually so I hope they let people fight that dragon boss.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 07:57 PM
Or concept art of anything else, like monsters and settings.

I agree with Mich. But hopefully they will update the content in the Alpha.
And for the dailymotion Vid, Fat chicks need love to 2:30

It may be that they were new characters and that was a tutorial mission of sorts.....I dunno.

Did anyone notice that the weapons seem to scale to player size now?

.....I nearly squealed in joy. XD

ShadowDragon28
Aug 18, 2011, 08:04 PM
i *pray* they use this music in some way in the game... (non-lyric, orchestral remix version, please give it a listen...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpxxEW7lXdo

Soul Guardian
Aug 18, 2011, 08:18 PM
It looks like the dailymotion video got taken down by the user.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2011, 08:22 PM
It looks like the dailymotion video got taken down by the user.

dropping like flies.....stubborn flies, but flies none the less.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
It may be that they were new characters and that was a tutorial mission of sorts.....I dunno.

Did anyone notice that the weapons seem to scale to player size now?

.....I nearly squealed in joy. XD

No, i did not notice that. I guess it makes sense since they are sheathed on the character now. But i think it may not work for some rares.

Who wants a loli-sized Tsumikiri? No fun!

Emmie
Aug 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
Can someone upload the dailymotion video to Megaupload?

Blueblur
Aug 18, 2011, 09:09 PM
Can someone upload the dailymotion video to Megaupload?

Here you go.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MQ9V51TS

seeing how everyone is split between 2 threads
new video i believe http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkl...yyy_videogames

Once again, just in case someone is looking for it, here's another link since that video was taken down.

Emmie
Aug 18, 2011, 09:17 PM
Here you go.

Wow, that was fast. Thank you!

aozora
Aug 18, 2011, 09:23 PM
Here you go.

Thank you very much =D

Hrith
Aug 18, 2011, 09:26 PM
Well, other that the player sucking, the vid was great.

The game really has a Devil May Cry feel to it, which makes it all the more appealing to me.

The game does feel a bit empty, and the volume of the sound effects is ten times too high and the sound effects themselves could be better, they really do not feel like photon weapons hitting monters at all.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 09:29 PM
Woah, what? They're WAY better than the crap in PSU/PSP2. They actually have some bass to them

I think the sound effects work just as well as the blur on the screen.

rezakon
Aug 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBLNng69tQ

Another one if it hasnt been put up already

Tyreek
Aug 18, 2011, 09:56 PM
People, be aware that Sega is catching wind of these vids now. That vid just got taken down a few seconds ago.

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
SEGA: NDA MEANS NDA, BITCHES.

/Shoots all their fans with De-Veganizing ray

Also I'm actually liking the forests theme, Even though I didn't like the danger version much in the trailer, the softer version mixing in sounds WAY better.

rezakon
Aug 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
People, be aware that Sega is catching wind of these vids now. That vid just got taken down a few seconds ago.

Yeah I said in another thread before these started coming out that sega would be really on the ball with this stuff, so it doesn't surprise me. I grabbing as many of them as possible to re-link later down the track.

Mazarushi08
Aug 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
My first post in almost a year (yay) but yep, just tried to watch that video. Killed off. As for the dodging and bla bla no limits come on people....with monsters being this dumb of course it'll get watered down. No need to rip heads off lol..

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 10:08 PM
Watching these videos made me really realize how much every game in the world would benefit from some object motion blur.

There's a reason why movies can run at 24 FPS and still seem to be running smooth compared to video games that run at the same framerate and feel choppy (re: MOTION BLURRR). I find it rather strange that object motion blur is not en vogue yet, especially since it's such a cheap effect.

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2011, 10:14 PM
Isn't that what square-enix takes advantage of to make their pseudo dragon ball z battles look more dramatic and their PSP games look flashier or something?

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 10:26 PM
Not sure. Well, I believe they use object motion blur in FFXIII (edit: upon further inspection, no, they don't. OH, HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM, SQUARE.), and I'm also pretty sure Uncharted uses it, too.

For a good example of the kind of difference it makes, compare footage of Tekken 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laMuJTdBBt8) versus footage of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qt_L4U3NE). Everything looks MUCH more natural than in 6, and it especially helps since there's so much fast movement on screen at any one point in time. The level of clarity you normally see in video games is, quite simply, unnatural.

IRL, fast movement blurs. And, indeed, it is not accurate at all to say the eye sees in frames - it doesn't. Light just doesn't work that way. Fast movement blurs, that's all there is to it.

MegaZoneXE
Aug 18, 2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24&feature=player_embedded

This video and URL is "Unlisted" from youtube search which all video should be in the future

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
T6 was the first game to use it IIRC. That's why it looks so bloody amazing.

No, FFXIII doesn't use motion blur...but it uses sexygraphics so who really cares

And Square Enix just uses....well, bad camera angles in their DBZ battles. Advent Children's fights just happened SO FAST....Cool, but way too fast.

Sonic Unleashed used some type of very nice motion blur on sonic's animations (not only during super speed...download the demo and walk around in circles to see)

motion blur is very nice, but it isn't mandatory for a good looking game. It does make animations look far more realistic, but most western games animation is so terrible it rarely matters.

What PSO2 however is using is very nice use of effects to let you feel the impact of the attacks. Flinching, resistance shown in the animation of the character, impact sprite, good bass in the sound effects, and a blur on the screen.

Good job, sega :D

Nothing to see here. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24&feature=player_embedded)

This video and URL is "Unlisted" from youtube search which all video should be in the future

Stop embedding the video, you're only going to get it taken down. It's very easy to skim a thread and see a video that obviously is PSO2.

MegaZoneXE
Aug 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkL-Tze4eQ8

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 10:54 PM
T6 was the first game to use it IIRC. That's why it looks so bloody amazing.
Actually, it doesn't have it, TTT2 is the first to have it. (The way I wrote it probably didn't make it clear, whoops.) It's very easy to tell if you compare two videos of the games side-by-side.

TTT2's is especially well-done because it's not especially overt - you only really notice it when you compare it to other games. That's exactly what good graphics effects do - they add to the game, but they aren't too obtrusive that you can explicitly point them out.

PSO2 does look nice as it is, I just think it'd look better with some proper motion blur instead of just that screen blur (which certainly does add to the impact). Crysis and The Witcher 2 have just totally spoiled me with their amazing effects.

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
No, Tekken 6 definitely has full motion blur. Lolz, check again....

And im pretty sure the technique isn't very easy to do. While PSO2 would look better with it because the animations are very nice, i dont think it would definitely benefit from it as much like a game like tekken

Megazone, you're going to get those videos taken down.....quit embedding them, it's like red paint to Sega....

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2011, 11:01 PM
Oh, it does. It's just the video I linked to that doesn't have it for some reason (???).

Well, then, I guess comparing 5 would be more fruitful for noticing the massive difference it makes.

Zeota
Aug 18, 2011, 11:01 PM
Looks like they're pressing all the right buttons gameplay-wise. If I remember right from that media briefing, they said something about a closed beta followed by an open beta. Guess they learned their lesson last time with PSU. Still cautiously optimistic here.

SELENNA
Aug 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
Once again, just in case someone is looking for it, here's another link since that video was taken down.

Thanks a lot for this file. The game looks awesome and a real sucessor to PSO.

At first I was worried about the aerial combat but it seems fine from the video. I'm not sure if the Attack thing was random or a mission, I guess it's the latter.

Monster diversity is low in the video but that's the beginning. Need MOAR!

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 11:18 PM
Definitely. First time i saw Tekken 6 my jaw literally dropped at the animation quality.

But they just do a good job at it. It's not only the animations of the attacks, but how many animations. They have really good reaction animations, and there seems to be a specific animation for every throw break too haha

Namco is just great at graphics. Just look at Soul Calibur 4. Prettiest fighting game on the planet, hands down.

SELENNA
Aug 18, 2011, 11:30 PM
That video was amazing. I think it looks a bit easy though and there's some camera issues when too much action is going on (could be the player).

Serephim
Aug 18, 2011, 11:47 PM
the video that got taken down with the hunter not abusing the step looked prettty dangerous

rezakon
Aug 18, 2011, 11:50 PM
It showed that it has a lot of potential for interesting gameplay to be implemented into it. Naturally in one vs one fights its easy to abuse the dodge or even just the block but toss in smarter mobs with a lot more mechanics, make them faster, stronger and more numerous... It'll be a whole different ball game.

That was the problem in the video most people have seen in that the mobs weren't aggressive enough and didn't really seem to have any real mechanics to them to be concerned about but it was low level gameplay. You give those spiders the ability to leap at you and that dodge wouldn't really have done jack to save his chances at death, heck he could be killed in three hits if you weren't paying attention.

It seems mostly driven by player skill which is a good thing and lets face it that will differ between players. Heck some of the other videos I watched the players weren't anywhere near as good as in the dodge video.

I think we need to see how it plays out with regards to high level gameplay as it might make perfect sense the further into the game you get.

BioWarrior
Aug 18, 2011, 11:53 PM
People seem to forget the incentive to properly combo is faster PP regen. As seen in the video from dailymotion just attacks restore PP MUCH faster than just waiting for it, like in PSU/PSP2

Serephim
Aug 19, 2011, 12:06 AM
There are multiple problems with the dodge, it wasn't just that she was not getting hit.

1) she gained tons more PP using the mid-dodge attack (that kick) than her regular combo, which is much slower because the Sword is a slow weapon

2) She did way more damage using the dodge attack as well

3) they put recovery frames on the 3-hit combo for a reason. They are completely useless with the dodge cancel. Look at that last fight she got into. Just like where PSU was a PA spam fest, if this stays the way it is, its just going to be a dodge+PA spamfest....

On the flipside, if you look at the video with the other Humarl (who didnt spam it, probably didnt know he could), his strats were much more varied because he was trying to avoid being hit.

The problem is that it completely overshadows the rest of the attacks. It really seriously needs to take PP so you'll have to think about doing something else for once in a while. If high-level gameplay is built around that mechanic, the game is going to have tons of useless features, as everything will be built around that maneuver.

My biggest issue is how much more effecting her dashes were than anything else she did.

BioWarrior
Aug 19, 2011, 12:09 AM
It IS just an alpha. I mean it's not like they're gonna release the game completely jacked up and claim they couldn't tweak the game due to game breaking bugs they "found" in the beta that never existed.

Serephim
Aug 19, 2011, 12:12 AM
Well, of course. I was just elaborating. I have no doubt that the Dodge will be nerfed in one way or another. Thats almost a given.

I just hope they do it right. I think it's an amazing feature.

BioWarrior
Aug 19, 2011, 12:23 AM
I was just being sarcastic while making a reference to square-enix lol

Flame
Aug 19, 2011, 12:40 AM
There are multiple problems with the dodge, it wasn't just that she was not getting hit.

1) she gained tons more PP using the mid-dodge attack (that kick) than her regular combo, which is much slower because the Sword is a slow weapon

2) She did way more damage using the dodge attack as well

3) they put recovery frames on the 3-hit combo for a reason. They are completely useless with the dodge cancel. Look at that last fight she got into. Just like where PSU was a PA spam fest, if this stays the way it is, its just going to be a dodge+PA spamfest....

On the flipside, if you look at the video with the other Humarl (who didnt spam it, probably didnt know he could), his strats were much more varied because he was trying to avoid being hit.

The problem is that it completely overshadows the rest of the attacks. It really seriously needs to take PP so you'll have to think about doing something else for once in a while. If high-level gameplay is built around that mechanic, the game is going to have tons of useless features, as everything will be built around that maneuver.

My biggest issue is how much more effecting her dashes were than anything else she did.

this guy, he gets it. here's hoping they install a cool-down animation into that dodge or SOMETHING. as it is right now is pretty terrible. There should be a risk to dodging, a penalty for using it too much even.

rezakon
Aug 19, 2011, 12:53 AM
The best way to fix what was happening in that video is to simply cancel lock-on when the player goes to dodge so they don't sidestep around the target and commit dodge strafing. Also removing PP regen on attacks would be fine because when I look at the video again as it's not like PP wasn't regenerating fast enough in the video to use a skill every 6-8 seconds by my count.

They don't need to tie it to PP necessarily but tweak it in a manner that it doesn't promote spamming of dodge + skills. It seems a bit like they thought about how to create a combo system more then anything when you look at it again and again.

So really they tweak the dodge with the removal of lock-on on execute, negate any PP regen from attacks and then you basically add the ability to think back into the equation.

I'm more surprised by the fact they didn't do that in the first place and then have a bar that fills over the coarse of your attacks for certain moments just give players a kind of "rush" of unlimited PP for short bursts of time that they can execute themselves via a key or button.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 19, 2011, 01:01 AM
1) Yeah, the dash/dodge spam was incredibly annoying. If they don't make it cost PP or add a cooldown or do something to prevent spam of it, I'm going to have to make sure I'm leader of any of my parties just so I can kick any teammate who does that.

2) Motion blur is indeed a nice effect, along with depth of field, since both are effects you'd experience IRL -- not everything is in focus all at the same time, and things don't stay perfectly crisp and clear when they're moving quickly. However, I don't think motion blur is as "cheap" an effect as you'd think, considering how rarely it's used except in graphically demanding games. Depth of field is a very intensive effect.

3) Correct me if I'm wrong (or give me a thump if this was known already), but it looked like you can equip 3 weapons to swap between on-the-fly?

rezakon
Aug 19, 2011, 01:04 AM
1)
3) Correct me if I'm wrong (or give me a thump if this was known already), but it looked like you can equip 3 weapons to swap between on-the-fly?

You weren't going blind, he was hot-swapping between three weapon sets and two of the videos including the dodge spam video they actually go into the menu to equip them into the slots.

Serephim
Aug 19, 2011, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UuKgdDat3M

This video is a perfect example of what this (technically) is doing. In MMX6 zero has a 3 hit combo, kind of like in PSO.

MegamanX naturally has tons of attacks coming at you, so they gave your dash the ability to cancel your attack at any point so you'll be able to dodge effectively. You can also go from dash to attack as well for speed. This allows you to pretty much attack instantly by doing dash>attack>dash>attack. In Megaman Zero (gameboy advance), the same mechanics apply but zero was given a seperate move to do while dashing (dash slash) that makes this impossible to abuse because you cannot cancel it with another move or dash.

PSO2 were smart enough to give you the ability to both dash cancel and to give you a seperate move to do if you attack while dashing. The only problem is that you can easily go into more hits afterwards and repeat it. Since there is really no easy way around that, the easiest method is to limit the dash attack it by giving it PP usage. That way you can keep cool attack methods but not break the game.

Another easy fix, without stopping ability to use the manuver

- Dash attack should not recover PP.
- First attack in a combo should not recover PP for hunters
- Second attack in combo should have PP lessend
- Third attack recovers most PP
- PP does not regain while doing other attacks, only when hitting and idle

This encourages you to actually use the third hit in your combo. Or, at the very least, back off the enemy and not barrage with attacks over and over. This way you still have complete ability to do it, but you wont be able to unleash any Photon Art while you do it, which lowers your damage. Against more powerful enemies you will be forced to change your tactics

SELENNA
Aug 19, 2011, 01:38 AM
I never thought PSO could be compared to MegaMan. I love it.

•Col•
Aug 19, 2011, 01:55 AM

There are 6 slots on the pallete for weapons just like there was in PSU.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 19, 2011, 02:01 AM
There are 6 slots on the pallete for weapons just like there was in PSU.Ah, been a while since I played PSU so I forgot about that. Thanks.

Zaix
Aug 19, 2011, 02:18 AM
The biggest difference was that in PSU, the weapons took a bit to load (more so on console versions), so it wasn't something you wanted to do right in the middle of a fight most of the time. In PSO2 it looks like it loads near instant, so you could effectively switch mid fight

Serephim
Aug 19, 2011, 02:18 AM
I never thought PSO could be compared to MegaMan. I love it.

Only zero's "Hyperslash" technique. In context of that PSO2 dash abuse video anyway.

I could also use GunZ online, but thats a much more terrible example, and i wont insult this game like that.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 19, 2011, 03:58 AM
Seeing the new video that's out, I've learned a few things about the game, the system, and the character creation process.

I think I would really enjoy PSO2 a lot, especially using a Gunslash combo to launch my foes in the air and then process with beating them up while up there, it could be fun. Makes wonder if it's possible to Gunslash launch, jump while switching to a Sword, and then aerial PA, though it would be difficult as hell if not impossible.

I think I'm going to really enjoy PSO2, and design both a Ranger and a Hunter. Hunter cause of upclose action, and Ranger cause of TPS action. I'm really loving how TPS looks. I can't help but feel reminded of Resident Evil 4 because of the angle... XP

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 06:17 AM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/%E3%81%A6%E3%83%BC%E3%81%95%E3%82%93

Stream on right now.

Maybe just my problem, but it seems to be going at a slideshow pace.

Blueblur
Aug 19, 2011, 06:19 AM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/%E3%81%A6%E3%83%BC%E3%81%95%E3%82%93

Stream on right now.

Maybe just my problem, but it seems to be going at a slideshow pace.

It's not just you. It's a slideshow and I have no sound.

Aumi
Aug 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5bNgQ8Zww

Another video here.

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
Nice...

I am also watching the stream...it is slow but it going at least : D

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 06:27 AM
1080p PSO2 Video? Nice.

Downloading.

Aumi
Aug 19, 2011, 06:39 AM
Only some character creation, though. What I want now is Caseal character creation and ranger gameplay.

Blueblur
Aug 19, 2011, 06:39 AM
1080p PSO2 Video? Nice.

Downloading.

Too bad the player steps away for 3 minutes or so every couple of minutes and leaves the game idling. :/

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
The stream that im watching now seems to have a couple of things i've noticed.

It looked like there was a interrupt mission called Arrest where some force had to trap rappies somehow I think....didn't say that she completed it. (Need to see again for verification since the stream was slow)

Also, the enemies seem to be a bit more aggressive but I wonder if its because of the fact that the force wasn't dodging like the hunter was doing in another video yesterday that people were complaining about. Force died like at least twice

LionHeart-
Aug 19, 2011, 06:52 AM

Yeah man thanks for the file. I bet they are on 24/7 watch for any alpha video uploads...

Thanks a lot for this file. The game looks awesome and a real sucessor to PSO.

At first I was worried about the aerial combat but it seems fine from the video. I'm not sure if the Attack thing was random or a mission, I guess it's the latter.

Monster diversity is low in the video but that's the beginning. Need MOAR!

I agree, it does have a good PSO feel to it. At least you start off with some decent HP and ATP, hate hitting 5's / 15's at level one lol. I know I am, and a lot of people are going to spend hours, perfecting their past PSO/PSU characters, they look a lot better then the PSU models, and atleast the hairs are starting to get some physics.

I've noticed the normal 3 hit combo (timed), and then another button to release the PA, just like in PSU. The Gun slasher reminded me of DMC, when you smack your enemies into the air and finish off shooting them. I think you can also sprint or run with your wep or not.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 06:53 AM
Started recording the stream some mins ago, no sound and going at a slideshow rate, but at least something to analyze.

Selphea
Aug 19, 2011, 06:55 AM
The HUmarl has the same outfit as the HUnwearl o.o

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 06:57 AM
Looks like the stream lasted longer than yesterday's one about a little over a half an hour of stuff. Don't know if he just took it down or Sega said LOLNO...

Blueblur
Aug 19, 2011, 07:04 AM
The HUmarl has the same outfit as the HUnwearl o.o

It's because they didn't have all the art ready for the alpha.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 07:11 AM
Another stream http://ja.twitch.tv/nekonome_nekomimi

I recorded about 9 mins of that other one and started recording this one as I posted it here, I'll upload both when this one is done. (And if there aren't anymore in the mean time. :wacko:

(Ouch I think this guy got banned in game at the end. Got kicked and got error 005 despite other people still playing fine.)

Hrith
Aug 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
Okay, forces can melee (and deal the same damage as hunters, lol), now how about some ranger gameplay? >_>

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hmm anyone noticed in that stream someone had a giant sword that seemed to be all physical? (No photon part, looks like a Zamba.)

STREAMS
STREAMS EVERYWHERE
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kagetsuakira

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 08:01 AM
Possibly Bank access outside room. (Or 'common box')

Also funny, despite so many videos and streams now, yet no pure ranger player.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 08:04 AM
One of the early videos was a FOnewm in a FOmar costume with a Pink theme. :wacko:

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 08:23 AM
The person actually uses FOIE ALOT!

DC_PLAYER
Aug 19, 2011, 08:24 AM
the videos have been removed for one good reason, i'm even suprised pso-world is letting these posts to be public considering sega doesn't want ppl to post the music intro.
And i tought pso-world was strict.

They block posts regarding users sharing music of PSO when they can get them for free by downloading the pso bb client from anywhere (such as gamespot) but they alow posts containing the music from PSO 2 when sega doesn't want to.

oh pso-world, hipocrisy is a strong word

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 08:31 AM
I've noticed a little more enemy aggression. Maybe when that hunter from yesterday was dashing around all mad, the A.I. got confused or something. I've seen a few streams already and the enemies are actually making attempts to kill players.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 08:35 AM
Zanba Confirmed. :wacko:

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 08:39 AM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7007/viplodanet10056.png

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 08:44 AM
Enemies change color to when attacked. I noticed that.

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hey Vash, could you link me to that 1080p Vid you downloaded? My downloader is being a jerk.
Thanks in advance.

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 08:50 AM
I noticed a few things. (take it with a grain of salt though :/)

1. Enemies seem like they will actually pursue you and I mean in the form where you can't just run far enough and hope they reset and go back to their original positions. Also, when you try to leap up on a ledge to avoid them, they will try to jump up to get to you.

2. Status effects that do damage like fire and poison will actually kill the enemy if their health is low. I'm pretty sure PSO and PSU still required a player to actually do the killing hit on said enemy even though their hp is low enough for the status effect to kill them. One of the streams I saw a wolf just collapse and die while it was on fire. (Even though the force was far away from it)

3. Forces that do Mirage Teleport halts PP regen. (At least the few times i've seen it so don't entirely quote me on that I need to see more but the few that i've seen I noticed it stopping).

Nuclearranger
Aug 19, 2011, 09:14 AM
Seems like we do level up both our characters and our classes. At least that's what I got out of it.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 09:26 AM
It's weird, on one video I saw a level over the head of the character (lvl 6), and a level in the bar in the upper left (also lvl 6). Then, they leveled and the number in the bar (upper left) went from 6 to 7, but the name over their head remained 6.....lag? Or Sega caught lying to us? O.o

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 09:36 AM
I put this in another post but it probably would be more appropiate to put it here perhaps.

I noticed a few things. (take it with a grain of salt though :/)

1. Enemies seem like they will actually pursue you and I mean in the form where you can't just run far enough and hope they reset and go back to their original positions. Also, when you try to leap up on a ledge to avoid them, they will try to jump up to get to you.

2. Status effects that do damage like fire and poison will actually kill the enemy if their health is low. I'm pretty sure PSO and PSU still required a player to actually do the killing hit on said enemy even though their hp is low enough for the status effect to kill them. One of the streams I saw a wolf just collapse and die while it was on fire. (Even though the force was far away from it)

3. Forces that do Mirage Teleport halts PP regen. (At least the few times i've seen it so don't entirely quote me on that I need to see more but the few that i've seen I noticed it stopping).

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 09:36 AM
Ark22 That video is still on youtube so I won't be reuploading yet.

I'm actually uploading about 1:30 hours of 3 streams right now.

Rotek
Aug 19, 2011, 09:43 AM
There is two videos, 1 of them was re-uploaded in low quality.
It was taken down so if you didnt watch it here is your chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5bNgQ8Zww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xalve_uzaf4

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 10:06 AM
haha well with work it may be taken down by the time I get back. But thanks =D

Rizen
Aug 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hmm...still havent seen an Ranger gameplay yet....

Can't be pick now can I? :P

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
Actually make that 2 streams, one of them was archived. (I'll reupload if it goes down.)

http://ja.twitch.tv/nekonome_nekomimi/b/292971666

Serephim
Aug 19, 2011, 10:13 AM
the videos have been removed for one good reason, i'm even suprised pso-world is letting these posts to be public considering sega doesn't want ppl to post the music intro.
And i tought pso-world was strict.

They block posts regarding users sharing music of PSO when they can get them for free by downloading the pso bb client from anywhere (such as gamespot) but they alow posts containing the music from PSO 2 when sega doesn't want to.

oh pso-world, hipocrisy is a strong word

Sega KNOWS that nobody was going to listen to them. That's why they said not to do it.

Stezan
Aug 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hmm...still havent seen an Ranger gameplay yet....

Can't be pick now can I? :P

I especially want to see a Cast Ranger, so we can see the Jet functions and such, as well as some good ol' gunnin.

Fox2Tails
Aug 19, 2011, 10:24 AM
I have got to stop watching these videos or I might end up drowning on my own drool lol

funkyskunk
Aug 19, 2011, 10:32 AM
What the hell man? thats messed up. I had the plan to upload it, and you don't even want people to click MY link? That is very hella messed up. :-x

I am sorry you feel so offended but it was an obvious attempt at bringing traffic to your site. Due to the fact you sent me an abusive pm, that just further compounds your intentions to steal traffic from PSO-World. I didn't like the fact you entitled it "Excuse me what the fuck are you doing?" either. If you want me to report you to the admins then please keep up your defensive stance.

If your site is good enough then people will visit it purely by a link in your signature, there's no need to lure people in like the way you were trying.

Maybe you should think about using your own bandwith for hosting files your care about rather than using a freely distributable link then your argument would have some legs.

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 10:42 AM
Anyway you can make that 1:30 vid downloadable ;D

DirksOak
Aug 19, 2011, 10:46 AM
"New" lol

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 10:47 AM
I especially want to see a Cast Ranger, so we can see the Jet functions and such, as well as some good ol' gunnin.

Agreed. Really want to see Cast in action. I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any yet. I guess that most JP players like their organics more than anything. The amount of Humans and Neumans is staggering.

EDIT: This archived stream that Vash linked is making the game look much more enjoyable than any of the other videos I've seen. I haven't even seen a ranger (let alone cast) yet, and I'm already looking forward to making alts. I'm actually slowly changing my opinion of the gunslash....it actually looks like a competent weapon this time around.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 10:49 AM
Those have already been uploaded several times.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
Ok guise. Uploaded a 40 min stream here:
http://www.multiupload.com/0QLICHO7SL

Also uploaded this 9 min one that is terrible quality and has no sound, wonder if it's even worth it but eh:
http://www.multiupload.com/QFFY8JAODY

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
Nice, thanks.

Oh, btw...first stream, the 1:30 one? The first time he cuts the grass he jokes "Zelda!" Made me lol so hardcore, that's exactly what I said, but I punched the air. XD

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 11:23 AM
:wacko:

Also the 40 min one there is a force player that uses Foie quite often, doesn't use any other tech though... (I've seen Resta else where, but no other attacking techs yet in Alpha?)

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
:wacko:

Also the 40 min one there is a force player that uses Foie quite often, doesn't use any other tech though... (I've seen Resta else where, but no other attacking techs yet in Alpha?)

I think foie and resta are the only techs available at the moment. Seen quite a few streams and im sure there would've been mentions of other techs side those two by now.

Here's hoping they might release a couple of other techs before alpha ends. I would really like to see Barta and Zonde at the very least.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:26 AM
Still waiting on that RAcast...

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 11:35 AM
Let's sing a song about the RaCast, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH -Logs out-

But thanks Vazh E Roan.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:40 AM
Let's sing a song about the RaCast, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH -Logs out-

But thanks Vazh E Roan.

O.O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
O.O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*Spongebob tempo*
OOOOOOOOOOOH

WHO LIVES IN A CAVE FIGHTING EVIL SHARKIES!

SUPAA RAAAACASTAAA MON!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:48 AM
*Spongebob tempo*
OOOOOOOOOOOH

WHO LIVES IN A CAVE FIGHTING EVIL SHARKIES!

SUPAA RAAAACASTAAA MON!

*throws a Pineapple at his head*

Zeota
Aug 19, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah pretty much. Trying to plug every single leak is a fool's errand.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 12:00 PM

*throws a Pineapple at his head*

You destroyed his home. :(

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
Vash...join Enforcer's and I'sss group :P

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15359212

Another video, needs a nico account. (You can make one easy on the english nico site then log into it here.)

Mizunos
Aug 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
at long last, ranger gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZq3zCp9Yk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHDeGVxGzM

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
at long last, ranger gameplay

pso2???????????1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZq3zCp9Yk)

*MAGNITIZES TO IT!* BACK OFF, SEGA! DIS BICH BE MINE!