PDA

View Full Version : Protranser Help

The White Fire
Aug 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
I was wondering what weapon types i should use for this class, basically since protranser has a good variety choice i was wondering which of these I should use. I was thinking Shotgun, laser Cannon, Grenade, Axe, Handgun/saber, and knuckles. I would like to know what people belive is the best choice.

Gypsy72
Aug 18, 2011, 02:45 PM
personally i like to use my Longbows, grenades, and shotguns. i also want to work up my knuckles. this is probably my 2nd fave class...

Hatemachine
Aug 18, 2011, 03:51 PM
I go with a Shotgun, Knuckles, Spear, Grenade Launcher, Longbow, and 2-H Sword.

Shotgun gets either dark or fire Bullets for spreading DoT effects.

Knuckles use Bogga Zubba.

Spear gets Dus Majarra.
2 handed sword Gravity strike and as a chainsawd+ it helps in regaining lost HP and acts a s a great single target hammer blow.

Grenade launcher with that Boma skill or whatever it's called, the one that does damage to you but does a CRAPLOAD to multi target point creatures which makes it a wonderful boss killer.

The longbow skill that does High damage but no element, not sure what it's called but it's from the PA fragment exchange.

And TRAPS!!! I use 2, fire and ice ex traps, knowing when to use them and what to use them on can make a run SO much easier, just remember some enemies CAN'T be frozen, which is where the fire traps take over and cook everything till your asking folks if they ordered original recipe or extra crispy lol.

Otherwise have fun and experiment with what works for you, I love Mine, mainly because he's named Godzilla and rips just about anything to ribbons lol.

Hajduk
Aug 18, 2011, 04:32 PM
TRAPS!!! is correct. Other than traps its either shotgun for normal monsters, longbow element for range, longbow with stun/knockback PA to keep big guys locked up, and grenades for bosses/multi hit monsters. Although traps work pretty good on dragons. I used to use knuckles but got tired of running up to the monster only to have the PA throw them back. Shotguns are just lazier and do great damage.

TheAstarion
Aug 18, 2011, 05:24 PM
I use knuckles with Bogga Robado, it's like a slightly better version of Renzan Seiden-Ga because the third part works wonders on bosses (otherwise, good luck hitting something!) Personal choice: Gudda Iggac for the huge accuracy, Hon for a Beast, Drill Knuckles as a third option.

Shotguns are the bread and butter, just like any gunner class. And PT is indeed a gunner through and through. Nail enemies with elements whenever you can. Personal choice: Spread needle for accuracy, PP and power, Pakuda for best budget accuracy.

Maisei-sou is great if you're underlevelled, it shuts enemies down especially well, even more useful in GAM. If you level the elements, that's cool too, they get good status effects on par with rifles. I only have Maisei-sou, and the dark and ice bullets properly levelled though.

Lasers are a pain to level, but handy to have if you do. Pretty situational. Mayalee prism is like Maisei-Sou but without the stun status effect, and massively costly to fire PP-wise. Stick with elements basically.

Grenades again are situational; Duranga is a nice catch-all bullet that does great damage from level 1 onwards, at the cost of eating your health. Carry a grenade by all means, but don't go out of your way to give it a permanant spot on your list other than for dragon bosses (where it rapes). Direct fire grenades shouldn't be too far off on the Western servers either, if we're lucky enough to get them, so that may open up more options. Using these point blank on large enemies is like having a shotgun with knockdown, so it may be an interesting option further down the line.

Nel
Aug 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
shotgun, grenade (rarely bow)
axe, knuckle and sometimes spear
sword when gravity break gets strong

laser is lvl40-? but it's too weak imo. freeze trap+jab does the trick most of the time i think.

i use a nice pallet of spears/knuckles/swords
then i use a 8/8 final impact and 8/8 nasuyoteri ( i disagree with nel on the bow. it helps TREMENDOUSLY )

i have other weps but these should be your primary (unless you have max'd pa's u transfered over like cannon)

be wary of using a lot of burn traps in large parties it can cause lag and some ppl will boot for it. i primarily only use freeze and stun.

my comment counts for the jp servers only

the bow is helpful for de rol le... that's basically it

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 20, 2011, 06:04 PM
i use a nice pallet of spears/knuckles/swords
then i use a 8/8 final impact and 8/8 nasuyoteri ( i disagree with nel on the bow. it helps TREMENDOUSLY )

i have other weps but these should be your primary (unless you have max'd pa's u transfered over like cannon)

be wary of using a lot of burn traps in large parties it can cause lag and some ppl will boot for it. i primarily only use freeze and stun.