PDA

View Full Version : English release News?

RedRaz0r
Aug 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
From the PSO2 Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/notes/phantasy-star-online-2/question-answer/196344297096915):

Q: Is it available PSO2 release in the every country ?
A: We would like to release in the all over the world but schedule becomes undecided.

Q: Do not make Enlish's Facebook pages?
A: There is not the plan making English's Facebook pages now.

Q: Why PSO2`s offical facebook page can not report or update by English so often ?
A: We would like to do it but Staff is not good enough to fully understand English sometimes, but We will try our best to update of Status by English.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
> confirmed
> undecided

Ummmm....

TierrenZX
Aug 19, 2011, 11:21 AM
From the PSO2 Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/notes/phantasy-star-online-2/question-answer/196344297096915):

They said they would like to relese it but right now there are no plans at the moment. They did not confirm nor deny it though so you may not want to jump the gun a bit.

Trust me though, I do want an english release along with many others. Still just a tad too early for celebration just yet.

RedRaz0r
Aug 19, 2011, 11:24 AM
To me, by saying the SCHEDULE is undecided, that means that they're going to release, but they don't know when. Kind of hard to decipher, their english is the greatest

uhawww
Aug 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
My general rule is, it's not confirmed until there's a press release.

We don't want to get Operation Rainfall'd

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 19, 2011, 11:28 AM
Does it not occur to you that 1) this is just the usual meaningless PR bullshit answer and 2) "when" could potentially be "never"?

I mean, an English language release is all but guaranteed, but this doesn't change anything.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:31 AM
Yeesh, it's ok, everyone. He wants to believe that they've confirmed the game for North American release. Hell, I'm sure most - if not all - of us would like to believe the same. No need to get hostile about it, though.

:P

hewitt
Aug 19, 2011, 11:32 AM
To me, by saying the SCHEDULE is undecided, that means that they're going to release, but they don't know when. Kind of hard to decipher, their english is the greatest

By them saying schedule is undecided, i get the vibe of them doing the something like PSU.

If that's the case, ugh hello JP PSO2

Ark22
Aug 19, 2011, 11:33 AM
Well better than nothing guys.

Zyrusticae
Aug 19, 2011, 11:34 AM
I read that as "well, DUH, it's coming, but absolutely no guarantee of simultaneous release. Timetables are undecided."

In other words, absolutely zero new information. Gee, great!

Koric
Aug 19, 2011, 11:54 AM
This is... decent information. It does mean they're planning on it. Heck, they're planning on releasing worldwide. Just a matter of... when

RedRaz0r
Aug 19, 2011, 11:55 AM
Such hostility...

I thought people would be excited. Oh well, back to League of Legends.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
Such hostility...

I thought people would be excited. Oh well, back to League of Legends.

I know, right? Lol, good choice of fall back games, btw. :P

RedRaz0r
Aug 19, 2011, 12:02 PM
I know, right? Lol, good choice of fall back games, btw. :P

Hey, thanks! Too bad the servers down, there goes my escape...Damn...

condiments
Aug 19, 2011, 12:15 PM

So....I guess to sum up these statements, I won't be able to get my hands on this game for quite a while.

*Dials hype level WAYYYYY down*

Rizen
Aug 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
Go go gadget import!

Fayorei
Aug 19, 2011, 12:32 PM
I think it's pretty nice news honestly. Maybe not super conclusive, but nice to know they care to some degree. I honestly wouldn't mind if we got PSO2 later on, anyhow. I'd also be fine playing the JP version.

Dunno why people are so hostile about this stuff though, I mean, this also made PSO-blog, soooo.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
Because this thread was called English Release confirmed a while back.

MistyWaters
Aug 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think it's pretty nice news honestly. Maybe not super conclusive, but nice to know they care to some degree. I honestly wouldn't mind if we got PSO2 later on, anyhow. I'd also be fine playing the JP version.

Dunno why people are so hostile about this stuff though, I mean, this also made PSO-blog, soooo.

My sentiments exactly.

Besides, I really don't see any reason as to why we wouldn't get it, either.

WiZ1988
Aug 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
I really hope we get this game sooner than later. I plan on playing on JP version but I suck at JP. I like to know what I'm reading and not being unsure what it says. Even if it there is an English version there is still the fact that the events jp get probably won't hit the english version. I guess we will see with time.

I hope we hear some good news at TGS....

condiments
Aug 19, 2011, 01:09 PM
I hope we hear some good news at TGS....

Yeah if there isn't anything about the global release during TGS, non-import players are probably going to have to wait a while. My suspicion is that their overall reluctance to confirm anything proves they don't have much of a plan in place. Which means I'll probably stop checking updates for this game until they have a release schedule in place. No use agonizing over a game that I won't see for many months.

DirksOak
Aug 19, 2011, 02:52 PM
Pretty sure this confirms it...

Don't argue semantics here, guys.

PSU didn't take long to come out after the Japanese release.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2011, 02:55 PM
You know the recent screenshot of a language selector probably gives more hope than whats been said here today.

Why else would they make a language selector if they aren't planning it outside JP?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9317/majiaaadk.jpg

Alnet
Aug 19, 2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not too worried about the western release coming, or when it'll be available. I am worried about the game's update schedule when it is released in English. Hopefully when they announce the international release of PSO2, they'll announce unified global servers as well.

BioWarrior
Aug 19, 2011, 03:26 PM
Based on that one picture you can just import and most likely switch it to English client. All versions of PSO except BB had all client languages.

SoSxDagg3r89
Aug 19, 2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like it's going to be released world wide but yes, they probably will pull what they did with PSU and just not give 2 shits about any servers but JP.

jayster
Aug 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
I read that as "well, DUH, it's coming, but absolutely no guarantee of simultaneous release. Timetables are undecided."

That's exactly what I thought.

DirksOak
Aug 19, 2011, 04:42 PM
Sounds like it's going to be released world wide but yes, they probably will pull what they did with PSU and just not give 2 shits about any servers but JP.

Good ol' fashioned Japanese racism ;D

Randomness
Aug 19, 2011, 04:48 PM
Frankly, the language select screenshot gives me more hope for international servers than anything else so far.

Masterflower
Aug 19, 2011, 10:20 PM
I'm not too worried about the western release coming, or when it'll be available. I am worried about the game's update schedule when it is released in English. Hopefully when they announce the international release of PSO2, they'll announce unified global servers as well.

As I stated before, I'm not expecting a Worldwide release but Sega is welcome to prove me wrong. Theres no reason why it shouldn't be unified. If SoA hopes to keep me as a customer, they will see that this done.

NoiseHERO
Aug 19, 2011, 11:32 PM
PROTIP: Just get he JP version and wait to see what happens...

I'm sure there's enough bumrush hype to generate enough guides to play this game in a non-native language...

At the end of the day it's still a dungeon crawler. And Japanese people are sucky story tellers these days anyway, before the "I care about the plot" excuse comes up...

TL;DR: Infinity Syndrome, but this time the game is actually WORTH playing in Japanese.

BioWarrior
Aug 19, 2011, 11:35 PM
Plus, in PSO even on the international versions Sega STILL found a way to screw NA and EU players. Pretty good chance of JP PSO2 having the English client in it anyways.

WiZ1988
Aug 20, 2011, 12:43 AM
I am hopeful now. That picture posted about language selection made me think there's a pretty good chance.

I do hope there are a lot of guides out for playing the JP version. Would be very helpful.

DirksOak
Aug 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
PSO2 isn't going to sell well in Europe or America.

You know it's true. People here only want to play WoW.

Ark22
Aug 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
Or Call Of duty

DirksOak
Aug 20, 2011, 08:07 AM
I meant in the RPG genre. I didn't make that clear, sorry.

It's funny because WoW is complete crap compared to how it used to be. Also all Western MMOs have the same combat system. Click and stand around like a douche.

Ogni-XR21
Aug 20, 2011, 08:44 AM
I don't mind waiting a bit for an English version, I prefer being able to read the menu and item desciptions. I played lots of games in Japanese but I don't wanna do that any more. My biggest concern is that there will be separate servers and updates take forever.

I still have hope due to the 'gloabal server' bit in the teaser, but if they planned on doing this wouldn't they at least have some kind of schedule on how to deal with this?

Pik
Aug 20, 2011, 10:51 PM
If i remember right, it was not "Global Server" in the teaser. It was "Global Support" I think. They could be totally different things.

Serephim
Aug 20, 2011, 11:05 PM
They were talking about "GIVING THE WORLD SOMETHING NEW COMPARED TO WESTERN MMOS".

Unless Tokyo truly believes it's the center of the universe.....

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2011, 11:13 PM

I have bad news for you.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 20, 2011, 11:26 PM
They were talking about "GIVING THE WORLD SOMETHING NEW COMPARED TO WESTERN MMOS".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DjivR6yqRek/TaViraYAVuI/AAAAAAAACnM/bmZ6wIZeoVU/s1600/world+map+japan_only_pic.gif

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm not waiting a year for SEGA USA to get it's shit straight. I'm importing the game. If it comes out in the US, then I'll buy the US version if I have to. I've waited since 2004 for a *true* successor to PSO and my patience is down to a thread.

My only concern is how Mags are going to look, and how they are going to work in the game. Other than that, the game looks like it has great potential to be pretty damn good and might just be an awesome successor to PSO.

DirksOak
Aug 21, 2011, 05:30 AM
I'm not waiting a year for SEGA USA to get it's shit straight. I'm importing the game. If it comes out in the US, then I'll buy the US version if I have to. I've waited since 2004 for a *true* successor to PSO and my patience is down to a thread.

My only concern is how Mags are going to look, and how they are going to work in the game. Other than that, the game looks like it has great potential to be pretty damn good and might just be an awesome successor to PSO.

No Mags in PSO2 :3

Bushido
Aug 21, 2011, 05:50 AM
That's not what this says:

Mags exist in PSO2 as living, evolved protectors.

•Col•
Aug 21, 2011, 06:06 AM

Mags are confirmed to be in PSO2, brah.

We just dunno HOW yet... As of now, it seems like they aren't going to be pieces of equipment.

Kion
Aug 21, 2011, 06:49 AM
If they make them like Chao's from Sonic Adventure 2, that would be EPIC!

Bushido
Aug 21, 2011, 06:57 AM
Pardon this Sonic fan's need to correct you, but the proper plural form of "Chao" doesn't use the letter s, let alone an apostrophe.

In either case, MAGs are already a fair bit like Chao. If you mean something like the Chao Gardens, that certainly would fit the "living, evolved protectors" description though.

Masterflower
Aug 21, 2011, 08:00 AM
I want my little daughter back ; ;

Zaix
Aug 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm in favor of the chao like mag idea. (Especially since you could get a chao as a mag in pso)

r00tabaga
Aug 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
I'm in favor of the mags like mags idea.

Kion
Aug 21, 2011, 10:02 AM
Pardon this Sonic fan's need to correct you, but the proper plural form of "Chao" doesn't use the letter s, let alone an apostrophe.

In either case, MAGs are already a fair bit like Chao. If you mean something like the Chao Gardens, that certainly would fit the "living, evolved protectors" description though.

Thanks for the fix.

And Chao garden was so damn addicting. That's the only reason I played Sonic Adventure 2, to raise Chao and get more stuff. Would be freaking awesome to have mag races and mags running around your room and stuff. Would definitely be a great way to diversify the game from just rare hunting runs.

DirksOak
Aug 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
Mags were a ludicrously bad idea in PSO.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
Not as much a bad idea as a poorly implemented one.

Balance them by adding some level-related equipment requirements, and they'd be fine.

DirksOak
Aug 21, 2011, 04:07 PM

Balance them by adding some level-related equipment requirements, and they'd be fine.

I disagree, not with your idea but with Mags in general. I just don't find having a floating robot as your stats to be a good idea at all.

Zynetic
Aug 21, 2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that's called an opinion, rather than a bad idea.

NoiseHERO
Aug 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
Opinion is fact here.

condiments
Aug 21, 2011, 04:48 PM
Mags were a ludicrously bad idea in PSO.

You mean MAGs made PSO's rigid class based system the least bit interesting?:-?

I could see with skill trees them becoming less of a requirement, but experimenting with different builds is fun. They just need to add a less tedious way of leveling them up.

Vashyron
Aug 21, 2011, 05:10 PM

Various Equipment Screenshots and Videos have confirmed that PSO2 uses Level Requirements.

:)

Ark22
Aug 21, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Vash, irrelevant, but could you make me the sig you have but put Jin on it. I friggen love Jin. ALSO, Our mags are now Class systems

•Col•
Aug 21, 2011, 05:33 PM
Various Equipment Screenshots and Videos have confirmed that PSO2 uses Level Requirements.

Tons of equipment had level restrictions in PSO though... <.<

Vashyron
Aug 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
Every single one I've seen has had Level restrictions.

PSO the majority was stats.

(Sorry Ark22, I don't really do Signature requests. I also have plans to use a Jin like one myself in the future. D: )

Ark22
Aug 21, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's ok :P You can make up for it by being a good teammate in PSO2

Zynetic
Aug 21, 2011, 06:27 PM
Tons of equipment had level restrictions in PSO though... <.<
Only armour and shields had level restrictions in PSO, which didn't really matter at all, as putting a 200 mag on a character with some God / Heavenly units and a good material plan will let them wear the strongest weapons in the game at a relatively low level (sometimes, even 1). That, and defense overall wasn't really that useful if you could keep enemies controlled.

Moving to level requirements for weapons was a very good idea, as you can't make a character far too overpowered at low level.

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 07:09 PM

facepalm.jpg

So now even if PSO-styled MAGs were in, their purpose would be for nothing but number crunching....Why on earth would they do that? Stat-requirements are like elevendy billion times better.

I can't believe they did that. Thats the worst news ive heard about this game since it's been released...Now we're back to grinding before we can use our weapons and equipment =_=;

Damn this sucks balls. I hope they change that so bad. That alone removes such a ridiculous amount of diversity from the classes....such a stupid idea on Sega's part. Now a Hucast and a Hunewearl will get to use that super powerful sword at the same time, regardless of the fact the Hucast has 150 more ATP =_=;;;;

Ark22
Aug 21, 2011, 07:14 PM
Lol that's what made PSO in my opinion fun =). I mean when I was a force and wanted to use that Saber, the moment I got it I was like HECK YEAH!

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 07:17 PM
I know! But now everyone will get it at the same time. The only diversity between the classes will be numbers and whatever skills they give them.

No more "haha i can use a brand now, you're stuck with that crappy saber" or "you may hit harder, but at least i can equip this new gun before you"...and no more "Let me just raise my mag up to help me use this weapon!"

Now it's just "OH MAN I GOTTA GRIND ANOTHER 5 HOURS" =_=;

Edit: Well it wont be so bad if its level AND stat requirements, at least thats a LITTLE better... But if it's just Level req. then its the gayest thing ever.

FOkyasuta
Aug 21, 2011, 07:19 PM
PSO2 Plus P sounds like the final product to me.

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 07:19 PM
...how so? Even PSU had stat requirements, you just didn't have a Mag to customize yourself.

PSP2 had those stupid level requirements to them.

FOkyasuta
Aug 21, 2011, 07:28 PM
You were saying?

Vashyron
Aug 21, 2011, 07:50 PM
Um what. I'm not really seeing how this is a bad thing.

Imagining the situation is that Mags are exactly the same as PSO, but with Level Restrictions on equips. There will still be available stat diversities thanks to them. (Maybe Mats too?)

I personally don't like the whole twinking aspect that stat requirements create as well.

NoiseHERO
Aug 21, 2011, 08:16 PM
facepalm.jpg

So now even if PSO-styled MAGs were in, their purpose would be for nothing but number crunching....Why on earth would they do that? Stat-requirements are like elevendy billion times better.

I can't believe they did that. Thats the worst news ive heard about this game since it's been released...Now we're back to grinding before we can use our weapons and equipment =_=;

Damn this sucks balls. I hope they change that so bad. That alone removes such a ridiculous amount of diversity from the classes....such a stupid idea on Sega's part. Now a Hucast and a Hunewearl will get to use that super powerful sword at the same time, regardless of the fact the Hucast has 150 more ATP =_=;;;;

Yeah this destroyed PSO2 for everyone, I hate this so much. I'm contemplating whether or not to get this game now. What a piece of shit.

Miyoko
Aug 21, 2011, 09:02 PM
I have no problem with level requirements so long as they're not insane. PSP2's level requirements were retarded. You can find a weapon at Lv100 but can't use it until Lv150. Why the hell not? So dumb.

Kion
Aug 21, 2011, 09:43 PM
Which is why stat requirements make a lot more sense than level requirements.

Vashyron
Aug 21, 2011, 09:54 PM
That can work poorly for stat requirements as well.

DirksOak
Aug 22, 2011, 03:50 AM
Ugh yeah everyone is forgetting that even though you have the option of using an item at level 100, there's still not going to be any point if your ATP is ludicrously low, for example.

Masterflower
Aug 22, 2011, 07:48 AM
Really? People hate Level requirements that badly? lol

No more "haha i can use a brand now, you're stuck with that crappy saber" or "you may hit harder, but at least i can equip this new gun before you"

Awesome no show offs. I like how everyone is assuming the level cap for this game is gonna be 200 when they could do the same thing like they do in other MMOs and even in PSU where the starting level cap is 50. ¬.¬;

Ugh yeah everyone is forgetting that even though you have the option of using an item at level 100, there's still not going to be any point if your ATP is ludicrously low, for example.

Because this would stop me from picking a newman? Hell, if Mags work the same as in PSO, low Atp is non existence. Sega probably doesnt want lv 1s destorying lv 50 areas.

Demon-
Aug 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Reminds me of all those times seeing low level hucasts running around with Double Cannons and TJS. Yeah I'm very glad they switched to level requirements this time.

FOkyasuta
Aug 22, 2011, 11:18 AM
And yet they don't even bother to make some with a Lv. Requirement and some with a Status Requirement. Its not like that hard.

landman
Aug 22, 2011, 11:29 AM
Could someone change the topic title to "MAG discussion 12"? new messages here make me think there is new information about the English release.

ON TOPIC

I liked the base level restrictions in Zero, being a Force in Vanilla PSU and not being able to equip the best armours because you didn't have the required stats was discouraging, and using the MAG to equip weapons in PSO was one of the many thing that made it the "cheat machine" it was.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
....I think it kinda sucks that I know nothing about Mags at all. But maybe it's because I keep thinking about the Mags in PSP2, and how I never quite bothered with them cause they seemed weak to me, at least with TEC power. >.> What, does it have more power than it seems to be?

yoshiblue
Aug 22, 2011, 02:07 PM
You can read of the MAGs some of us want by looking at the PSZ or PSO mag guides and whatnot.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Aug 22, 2011, 02:08 PM
You can read of the MAGs some of us want by looking at the PSZ or PSO mag guides and whatnot.

Thanks. ^^