PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, my friends!

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 07:57 PM
The time has come for me to part with Phantasy Star. After more than 8 years of this series, I'm finally putting my saber down. Friends have come and gone since Blue Burst days, with a few still remaining even through to JP PSU recently. I've had a blast (more or less) since I joined long ago, and I'm glad I could be apart of this community. I'll still post around from time to time, but I won't be coming back to JP PSU, nor will I transition to PSO2.

I'm actively available via MSN and skype for those of you who wish to keep in touch (feel free to PM me if you'd like more specific details or to swap online contact info). Fare thee well!

johnjacob
Aug 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
I guess the only appropriate thing to ask in this situation is.....
Gib rarez?

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
Nooooooo!! you not signing on ever again? or do wanna do that mag s3 run before you leave?
Well good to be knowing man i hadnt seen you on the past week or so so i was wondering if you were about to quit dunno i thought that..

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
lol I don't know you....

Crysteon
Aug 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
I guess the only appropriate thing to ask in this situation is.....
Gib rarez?

Appropriate my ass......asking for items that way only show how little you care about someone.

Anyway, I'll miss you in game, but the good side is that we can keep chatting on MSN. You're not fully getting rid of me...yet! ;<

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
Actually, that would be nice. One last group run of MAG' S3 would be cool, plus it could be my farewell video.

DeltaViolet+
Aug 19, 2011, 08:10 PM
This made me sad :(

You will be missed blob!

johnjacob
lol I don't know you....
I know! Same goes for you.

Appropiate my ass......asking for items that way only show how little you care about someone.

Anyway, I'll miss you in game, but the good side is that we can keep chatting on MSN. You're not fully getting rid of me...yet! ;<

See comment above.

Cleptomaniac
You know...I join to play with you and you leave. It makes this guy a sad guy!

milranduil
Appropriate my ass......asking for items that way only show how little you care about someone.

<3 you too lolz.

You know...I join to play with you and you leave. It makes this guy a sad guy!

Several weeks ago, I was really actually looking forward to being able to play with the second wave of Xbox importers! Don't get me wrong...would have been awesome. The best way I can put it is the time has come in my life for me to put the sword on the wall with gaming. It's really been a life-changing experience for me since I started playing on PSO GC. I was hooked all the way back then. It's been quite a ride!

str898mustang
Aug 19, 2011, 08:12 PM
This made me sad :(

You will be missed blob!

Me too :(

Shou
Aug 19, 2011, 08:29 PM
Keep all your things in case you wanna come back.
Are you going to play PSO2 at all?

Edit: It's also not farewell to me cuz i can see you in real life :P

str898mustang
Aug 19, 2011, 08:34 PM

he said he's not going to play PSO2 :(

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 08:34 PM

I'm going to give stuff away, then give my account away. No PSO2 for me! Hanging up gaming for good.

And yes, you're stuck with me :p

Shou
Aug 19, 2011, 08:37 PM
:(
I guess you leave me to make MF TA videos...

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
I gave up on those long ago lol. People need to fill my AF videos!

BIG OLAF
Aug 19, 2011, 08:43 PM
I don't really know you very well, but it's obvious that you were a well-respected member of the Phantasy Star community, and it's sad for many to see you go. I wish you good luck on all of your life's ventures.

Shou
Aug 19, 2011, 08:44 PM
If mirage blasts are just colorful suvs than I could do that too.

Red*
Aug 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
wow, thats sad to hear, you did a lot for the PSU community. take care

Keilyn
Aug 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
The time has come for me to part with Phantasy Star. After more than 8 years of this series, I'm finally putting my saber down. Friends have come and gone since Blue Burst days, with a few still remaining even through to JP PSU recently. I've had a blast (more or less) since I joined long ago, and I'm glad I could be apart of this community. I'll still post around from time to time, but I won't be coming back to JP PSU, nor will I transition to PSO2.

I'm actively available via MSN and skype for those of you who wish to keep in touch (feel free to PM me if you'd like more specific details or to swap online contact info). Fare thee well!

Bobby...if you wonder where I left before I came back.

There are many games these days are like PSO and PSU available on PC...where you play Beat Em Ups...and have instancing. You can chat by MSN if you care about chatting with someone like me....

..consider you were the one who blocked me.

The important thing I learned is that its better to play many F2P and P2P games and get the benefits of exploring worlds and seeing how much fun you can have than turning a game into a Job.

In the year that I left PSU, I played 18 - 19 different games....came back and found myself sucked in. If you like PSU go FREE COURSE like I did and set yourself up, then you can return and refresh a bit on the TAs...

...have some fun and then go to the game you are playing. The Free Course Option gives you the right to come back...and since you have the rares and drops to do what you need to do to perform well it will not hurt you one bit.

Words from my master (a joke between friends)

"You can be wise or the fool and go after your heart's desires, but one day you'll awaken to find that while you may have defeated the world, you never could turn back time. Sometimes the One Moment is better than all the rest"

You lived through your TA videos.

...and yes you consider me an "enemy" and "hate me" but you don't see me saying "oh you should go any never come back."

Consider me one who lives on the flip side...and through the looking glass. Live...that is all I can say.

~Keilyn

unicorn
Aug 19, 2011, 08:59 PM
PL0x dont leave! I liked your videos! :(

Although we never partied much, you usually answer my nub questions....

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
While I appreciate the sentiment, Keilyn, I'm retiring games for good. This isn't me switching to a new game. My sword is going on the wall for good.

XbikXBd
Aug 19, 2011, 09:04 PM
Dude we lost a good player XD

Crysteon
Aug 19, 2011, 09:06 PM

And a great friend to hang out in game also ._.

VectormanX
Aug 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
dam man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it ._.

Omi
Aug 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
As my sig says Many Memories Never to be Forgotten, at least I can still get into contact with
you, but I will miss you a lot in game. An unrepairable void has been torn into the PSU players
as a whole. I will always miss all the TA's we shared, and all the good times we had TAing or not,
hell even all the bad times we had with drama sorta have a certain loling lingering effect now lol.

I wish you all the best in your journey onward without games (and the unbearable withdraws if
they happen). LONG LIVE DA BLOB!!!... Very sad day...

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 19, 2011, 09:40 PM
No we lost one of the best players... so sad...

Midori Oku
Aug 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
This makes me sad. ;-;

It sucks to see great players go, JP or not.

LionHeart-
Aug 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
Ah Rock! Shame that you wont be transitioning to PSO2 :(! I hope all is well with you and your chosen career. I bet we will be hearing you working at the LHC or something of the sort very soon, ahaha! It was good gaming with you through PSO/U (Yami is still 199 on BB :x), its a shame we all can't share the same experience again on PSO2 (Our side of the world need good TA'ers, to stand up to those JP players ><;)...

I have you on FB, so its cool :D!

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 11:24 PM
I greatly appreciate the heartfelt sentiments! They are all met with equal care on my part.

I should note that even though with my final year starting of physics undergrad, I still have a good amount of free time. You guys have at least the right to know why I'm making this choice to retire even with that time. To be blunt, my religious faith has grown greatly this past summer (which some of you may notice as to why I wasn't on much this summer). I'm in the process of helping my best friend plant a church with his family who moved down to this state solely for this purpose. I've also become very involved with an on-campus "life group" that my buddy and I have started and will be joining an outreach group within the next couple weeks. Needless to say, my life is taking a drastic turn, and overall gaming just simply isn't part of that equation anymore. I still find some enjoyment in PSU, but I would be doing myself no favors in trying to cling to what in all honesty has become my past some months ago now. While the friendships I have formed here will always be with me, it's come time to put the game down. String theory won't prove itself ;)

EDIT: I'll still be around and posting. I always enjoy the forums and seeing what content is around with free time.
EDIT2: Don't fret yet. I'm going to make a last few videos to go out with a bang!

Purple Lamplight
Aug 19, 2011, 11:29 PM

I dont know you, but im sure your a pretty cool person. I totally think you were planning on quitting since your name is adios. You should also stick around for pso2 to just check it out.

milranduil
Aug 19, 2011, 11:31 PM
I'll take a few last requests for videos. I'll make 3 solo or duo in addition to our MAG' run that we'll do sometime this week. Although I initially joined for MF, I'd prefer these 3 be AF/FM/fF.

The Master eye
Aug 19, 2011, 11:38 PM
:( sad to hear im just like D: D: D: right now

Tyreek
Aug 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
Its sad to hear you leaving adios. I don't know you personally, but I do know that you are a respected member of the PS community. You have some good TA videos, and it was interesting seeing what you could do with your current classes. What you're doing is a big step in life, so I'm wishing you a good one.

And I guess asking you to TA the newest released mission is a simple enough request lol.

hewitt
Aug 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
Take care Bobby!

Vintasticvin
Aug 20, 2011, 01:06 AM
See you in a few weeks OP :3

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 20, 2011, 01:13 AM
I won't lie, another fully decked out MF on JP sounds very very tempting to gun for.

However, and I'm not good with these things so Good bye, thanks for the videos, the time on JP with you and the help in general.

/tips hat

Home Dog
Aug 20, 2011, 01:14 AM
Take Care man. I love you MF videos too! :) I pretty much already said this on the official forum.
Also, Thank you for answering questions when I was on JP. Thanks for pretty much every thing you did. I didn't know you all so well but you were cool. ^_- y

Cya later Bobby.

milranduil
Aug 20, 2011, 01:17 AM
^ Thanks you guys!

See you in a few weeks OP :3

Oy vey lol...as I've said, I'll still be 'round the forums, but I'm retiring for good in-game. If you can't believe that, no offense, but go plant your buttocks in someone elses thread.

psu000
Aug 20, 2011, 02:04 AM
You and I.. heh don't know where to start. hope the feeling is still mutual. In any case, hate to see people leave the game regardless. Best of luck. Maybe you will come back soon in the future or see you with another game. Never say never... Anyway, like other people said, GAME ON!

milranduil
Aug 20, 2011, 02:12 AM
I'd like to think we part on good footing, Wolfy. GGC2 will always be remembered! Best of luck!

indescribably
Aug 20, 2011, 02:15 AM
I already heard of it from someone (Crys) but truthfully, you are one of the most talented players i've met in the game and I'm glad we got together on JP. One of the top MF I've ever seen. I hope and pray that you succeed in all your future endeavors and what you are doing with your friend is nothing short of amazing. Good luck. You will truly be missed and I hope to stay in contact with you.

-- Dessa

redroses
Aug 20, 2011, 03:12 AM
It's sad to see you go. Although I only played with you very very very seldom, I still enjoyed it. I always respected you much as a player and of course I always enjoyed/admired your TA videos. Through them I always wanted to try to become a more serious player, but I just am not cut out for that. Anyway, you and your accomplishements will be missed

I wish you good luck with what you have planned with your friend and hope it all goes well!

WiZ1988
Aug 20, 2011, 03:12 AM
Never got to run with you ingame but I'm always checking out the videos you post. Best of luck with everything. I'm getting very close to having no time for gaming, so I know where your coming from.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Aug 20, 2011, 03:59 AM
Take care of yourself Bobbeh. PC/PS2 servs wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable for me without you. ^.-b

RagolianHunter
Aug 20, 2011, 07:06 AM
FIGHT ON!

Best of luck man.

Cheers :)

XlX TANK XlX
Aug 20, 2011, 08:49 AM
NO! You can't leave, you're the only one who posts a decent amount of competent TA's on youtube. =(

Lucidia
Aug 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
I know I'm late to the party, but regardless. From reading the thread, it's pretty obvious you're well respected. If we got to play together, thanks for putting up with me. If we haven't, I'm sorry to have missed the opportunity. Whatever endeavours you encounter in life, may you take away something from them. Good luck!

bloodflowers
Aug 20, 2011, 03:19 PM
That's a shame. good luck for the future. And to think I'd just signed up for JP and still haven't got your card yet!

milranduil
Aug 20, 2011, 07:35 PM
That's a shame. good luck for the future. And to think I'd just signed up for JP and still haven't got your card yet!

Yes you did! I'm Jake lol.

DAMASCUS
Aug 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all your help!! It was hard to be a casual PSO'er and navigate the JP server. I've quit video games a couple times before too because real life comes first.

I don't know you as well as many others do but staying in touch with them will be a blessing not only because there is real friendship there but we never know whats going to happen in those moments when life slows down.

..sometimes they come back..