PDA

View Full Version : Whats your last Phantasy Star game?

Evegodenraven
Aug 20, 2011, 12:57 AM
well anyways i wanted to post this topic just for the hell of it and since i'm kind of bored and can't find anything nice to do i might as well spend my bored time posting this topic and i think it would be a interesting idea.

Please try not to go off topic from what i say here cause it would just turn into hell.... and no one say anything bad about people, this is all your opinion and what your gonna do in the future.

anyways i wanted to ask if anyone here thinks or knows what their last Phantasy Star game will be and why they know/think that?

and as always the topic starter will go first =)

My last Phantasy Star game will end either on PSP2i which i'm currently enjoying but it will either be the end on psp2i or it will be PSV and that is if it comes out for US players. i'm for sure getting a vita but i'm not gonna import on my Vita ad i am for sure not gonna be getting on PSO2, only reason why i say that is because i'v been on a lot of PS game(like 4) for some time and i'v also spend more then half my life on MMORPG's and i don't feel like PSO2 is my cup of tea cause i feel like i'v seen things that are gonna be on PSO2 and i'm just not interested.. other reason why i'm probably gonna leave the PS series for good is because of GW2 and Diablo3 =D.

FOkyasuta
Aug 20, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hate to say it but it has to be *Shudders* PSP2 cause well, PSO2 just doesn't seem like something i would play.

/Doesn't care if heavily flamed.

Keilyn
Aug 20, 2011, 01:09 AM
Phantasy Star Universe JP is my last phantasy star game.

The Exchange Rate is horrible between the US Dollar and Japan Yen and I don't want to pay +40% more for any Japanese Product thanks to Bank Fees. Right now its the most expensive game to play and to buy content for....$3 for a Gatchan Spin so you can get an EXP Booster that lasts for 20 - 30 min...Give me a break.

After seeing several F2P Action Oriented Games, I've found that several games exist now that play like phantasy star but actually blows phantasy star out of the water...and not just are they free...they are young games have more and more content being added in...their gameplay just offers a lot more.

I became sour of how I went from PC/PS2 to PSU JP looking for that type of game, Phantasy Star isn't bad, but to me Sonic Team and SEGA are evil who love to blame their problems on their customers.

The only WAY I would even play PSO-2 would be if there was a FREE COURSE and the game was GLOBAL and not just "YOU COME TO JAPAN OR ELSE" attitude....and by the time that will happen more action oriented PC games will exist...

Remember that PSO-2 isn't competing against Consoles. Its competing against PCs where PC-Gaming already has Beat Em Up, Action Oriented Games and as soon as they make a Cash Shop Like GC (which is the most expensive in any game), all of those players will just jumpship to other games.

BIG OLAF
Aug 20, 2011, 01:59 AM
Hell if I know. I'll keep playing them until a good reason not to rears it's ugly head.

darkante
Aug 20, 2011, 03:32 AM
I´m looking forward to PSO2 and it looks promising to me so far.
PSO is still the precious gem in my opinion.
So if they mess it up then it will severely damage my interest in the serie. :P

Palle
Aug 20, 2011, 05:28 AM
Having just started (and quite soon after put on summary stand-by) in early summer, Blue Burst is my newest PS title and will be my last.

As for reasons, well... I have a whole tl;dr queued up on my tumblr for after the conclusion of the PSO2 α + β. Best save the angst for the 0 people who will ever read it.

Delete
Aug 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
Hate to say it but it has to be *Shudders* PSP2 cause well, PSO2 just doesn't seem like something i would play.

/Doesn't care if heavily flamed.

I kinda agree too. I never played the original PSO so going to PSO2 might be too different from PSU. I still may pick it up, depends on a lot of other off-topic related issues though.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 20, 2011, 04:54 PM
Phantasy Star Universe JP is my last phantasy star game.
soon as they make a Cash Shop Like GC (which is the most expensive in any game), all of those players will just jumpship to other games.

What does GC means?

Sayara
Aug 20, 2011, 05:36 PM
Guardians Cash.

its basically PSU's payshop.

PSP2 was my last one.

Keilyn
Aug 20, 2011, 07:12 PM
What does GC means?

Guardians Cash is a destructive thing.

I had left PSU JP for a year and when I returned at every instance Guardians Cash through Legacy of Light brought in a stronger weapon. What pisses me off is how GC always cancels out any non-GC playing people did with something stronger.

Example:

When Ohtori came out, everyone was finally going after their demolition comets and Blitzs. Misty Ruins and that blasted holy sword...

Then a week later Guardians Cash had Meteor Cudgels at high percentages. Then to cancel out the meseta and time spent to gather materials for Eternal Dimension, they released Dios Desps...Which was stronger at almost every point and had high Percentages.

Many people ran the last event for the new shotgun...Now GC has a stronger SHotgun after the event.

Anytime you work hard to get anything in-game, with the exception of a Rutsu or Double Cannon....You will find something released through Guardians Cash that has high Percentages, Accuracy and Stats.....that will overpower the non-GC weapons..

So its either you have money to spend and burn for top equips...Which if you are playing by American dollars due to the exchange rate its around $140 for 10,000 + 500 GC bonus people get.

I feel bad for the players who DONT USE GC to play the game and work hard to get their things, just so some newb with a wallet can come in and simply in 1 - 2 months have more than any player who has worked hard obtained drops for 6 months to a year.

Delete
Aug 21, 2011, 07:55 AM
I feel bad for the players who DONT USE GC to play the game and work hard to get their things, just so some newb with a wallet can come in and simply in 1 - 2 months have more than any player who has worked hard obtained drops for 6 months to a year.

In a way, it's kinda good/bad. Bad for the reason you've listed and good for people like me. Reason being is if you have the money to buy GC stuff, you probably have a job and probably don't have as much time to play like the kids who have all the time in the world to play PSU hours on end. If I still played this game, I'd surely be taken advantage of the GC cash stuff.

Keilyn
Aug 21, 2011, 08:26 AM
The exchange rate is horrible now....

I do have my job and work and even with this I ask myself on the cost of GC for a game.

It costs more money for me to buy 10,000 GC in PSUJP than my cost for food for the entire month for just myself. It costs me around $140 - $150 to buy food for just one person for the entire month. I know how to stretch it out and know what to get.

The other element to GC is that it prevents players who work hard for their items to sell them off. I know enough players who spent a lot of meseta to get weapon sets, but then when the GC version comes out that has less PP but more ATP and sometimes more ATA, it devalues the non-GC weapon.

In other words, because players are so willing to spend money on GC, if you put the non-GC weapons on the playershop you will have to rip yourself off to sell the weapon. its either that or buy GC to GC weapons and armors to 40%, then grind up weapons to be able to have something you can sell at a player shop for something decent.

Its nice a new player can come in and get their equipment, but it should never be at the cost of devaluing and weakening what players really spent their time to obtain because its really a triple whammy against the non-GCer.

Its first spending a lot of time and energy to obtain the weapon (with its worth)
then the new GC weapon coming in which is stronger and if you want it you have to pay money to get it.
Finally the new GC weapon devaluing your efforts and so if you plan on selling the weapon you wont use anymore you have to rip yourself off in order to sell it.

Lets not forget a stronger GC weapon means your weapon rank in terms of strength and power falls by one...so that alone devalues it...and wastes your effort. If you try to get the second strongest and you had the third strongest and finally got the second strongest...the new GC weapon knocks you back down to the third rank.

You have something stronger, but you still havent moved anywhere in the chain.

So your time, money and energy all have been devalued.

I can leave this game for another year, come back and GC...and I will have more options and capabilities than wasting my time playing for a whole year going after drops.