PDA

View Full Version : Equip more then one weapon?

cyanprime
Aug 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
So can you equip more then one weapon, like saber/handgun? or is it one weapon only?

Vashyron
Aug 20, 2011, 01:00 PM
From what is shown on the equipping pallets you can only equip one weapon.

cyanprime
Aug 20, 2011, 01:01 PM
Aww, that really bites :(

Rika-chan
Aug 20, 2011, 01:08 PM
I hated being able to equip more than one weapon >.>

It made handguns pretty useless, IMO. The only time I used one handed weapons was if I had a shield, really.

x.x

Kent
Aug 20, 2011, 01:35 PM
Aww, that really bites :(
Well, it's not necessarily a bad thing, considering how badly the dual-wielding mechanics were implemented into PSU/P.

While it's initially a cool idea being able to dual-wield whatever you want, the implementation it had in PSU/P was really a step backward more than anything else - alongside the whole binding of techniques to weapons thing. If a dual-wielding system were properly designed and implemented, it might be pretty good, but as it is, it couldn't really be called a step forward.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
I dunno, for soloing I liked handguns. When my rifle got low I'd switch to a Saber/ Handgun combo, and mix it up a little. When my health got low, I'd back off and use the pistol. Don't see why it was so bad, the system they set up. I mean, it was suppose to be different than PSO, from everything I've heard. A different set up. The system wasn't really all that bad. True, there was room for many, many improvements, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.

Considering PSU was, and is one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played, both in styling and gameplay, I'm really not to bothered with it's systems. :P

Rika-chan
Aug 20, 2011, 01:53 PM
As long as techs aren't linked to weapons though. That was terrible.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
As long as techs aren't linked to weapons though. That was terrible.

Eh, I see why people liked the weapons-free system more, I mean I played PSZ, so I've experienced a lot of things that I'm assuming were from PSO, but I can easily point out things I hated from it as well. Like weapon bound PAs.

Ugh, disgusting.

Just make all the PAs bound to the character. Plz? I don't want to hunt 2 weeks for a weapon only to find the PA that's bound to it is the 1 that I hate with a burning passion.

•Col•
Aug 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
I hated being able to equip more than one weapon >.>

It made handguns pretty useless, IMO. The only time I used one handed weapons was if I had a shield, really.

If you were a Hunter.... In PSP2, Shields were USELESS. List of Single Handed Melee weapons: Saber, Claw, Dagger, Whip, Slicer. Why would you use the shield with a Saber/Claw/Dagger when you can just use the twin weapons and build up the chain twice as fast while still having the ability to guard? And why would you use a shield with a whip/slicer when you are going to be standing far away from the enemy?

Pillan
Aug 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
I never saw handguns or sabers as useful in PSO or PSU. The only exception being the epic rare handguns and sabers in PSO (e.g., Lavis Cannon and Heaven's Punisher), but even those had better twin dagger and machine gun equivalents by the end of BB.

That said, I can live with or without equipping more than one. And that is quite fortunate, as the current pallet structure says no. Perhaps in PSO2 version 2?

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 20, 2011, 05:15 PM
Excalibur had its uses in giving melee forces stupidly overpowered berserk ability, but yes, most other classes in PSO had better weapons to use (Daylight Scar).

The super-rare handguns in PSO were useless trash because they all had the worthless Divine Punishment special that did nothing but cause damage cancel.

Hrith
Aug 20, 2011, 06:48 PM
Excalibur had its uses in giving melee forces stupidly overpowered berserk ability, but yes, most other classes in PSO had better weapons to use (Daylight Scar).Excalibur was a better weapon that Daylight Scar on any class. The insanely high ATP of Excalibur coupled with the fact it could (very easily) hit three targets made it far more powerful than Daylight Scar in about 90% of the situations.

The super-rare handguns in PSO were useless trash because they all had the worthless Divine Punishment special that did nothing but cause damage cancel.Heaven Striker was one of the best weapons in the game, only a few machineguns (Rage de Feu, Guld Milla, Mille Marteaux) could rival it in DPS.

Handguns in PSO were fine, but the rifles were basically the same thing with insane range, and range mattered a lot.

I never saw handguns or sabers as useful in PSO or PSU.In PSO, sabers could be good on non-HU classes. Red Saber (+Crimson Coat) was a very good weapon and easy to find with high %.

Handguns were fine in PSO, but like I said, range mattered too much.
That being said, HUcaseal and HUcast could not equip any weapon with rifle range, so handguns were the best for at least those two classes.

In PSU, both sucked.
In PSP2, though, Infinite Storm made sabers shine.

Useless weapon types and unbalanced weapon types is something on which ST had better have worked a lot.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 20, 2011, 09:43 PM
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Excalibur hitting multiple targets.

It's been a while since I've played PSO.