PDA

View Full Version : Minimal Cast Customization?

Worship
Aug 20, 2011, 11:50 PM
I love casts... but I can't help but notice two things from the character customization videos available..

1. Not much variation between costumes

and 2. Straight up mechs... :-?

I'm hoping for some more variety than what's been shown so far, perhaps some humanoid options for male casts.. Not so every cast player looks like a Gundam.

If I've missed something, my bad.. but does anyone agree? Thoughts?

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
The game is in a closed Alpha, so don't worry too much about it. There will be more customization.

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 12:00 AM
Alpha.

Phantasy Star.

Customization.

Dont worry it'll be fine.

•Col•
Aug 21, 2011, 12:01 AM
For Male Casts, only 2 of the models are finished, The RAcast parts and the HUcast parts. The FOcast parts are just a recolor of the RAcast right now. But yeah, they all look pretty mech-ish.

I'm sure they'll have sleek android parts eventually though.

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 12:14 AM
It looks like they've completely done away with proportions and stuff for Casts. You guys will be built from true PARTS, now.

Im happy they did it, really. It restricts them from looking exactly like fleshies, but at the same time makes them truely unique, and now Casts can have some actual robot looks to them.

Maybe there'll be a part that turns your legs into boosters so you look like you just hover indefinitely. Or, one that takes away your bicepts so it looks like your hands are being magicially/magnetically controlled. That'd be so badass.

Randomness
Aug 21, 2011, 12:16 AM
It looks like they've completely done away with proportions and stuff for Casts. You guys will be built from true PARTS, now.

Im happy they did it, really. It restricts them from looking exactly like fleshies, but at the same time makes them truely unique, and now Casts can have some actual robot looks to them.

Maybe there'll be a part that turns your legs into boosters so you look like you just hover indefinitely. Or, one that takes away your bicepts so it looks like your hands are being magicially/magnetically controlled. That'd be so badass.

Ray-bot? That would be awesome. Hang on, calling that name if it's possible, because it's also a wonderful pun.

Worship
Aug 21, 2011, 12:18 AM
Really hoping they're aren't limited to the heavy-looking, bulky, robotic parts though.. Even the standard HUcast style from PSO would be great.

<-------------------------

ShadowDragon28
Aug 21, 2011, 12:23 AM
This is only the alpha, not the finished game; so alot of things are missing from it. I'm sure there are going to be lot's of other suits for fleshies, and various kinds of Cast parts added to the game in the future....

Seth Astra
Aug 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
This is only the alpha, not the finished game; so alot of things are missing from it. I'm sure there are going to be lot's of other suits for fleshies, and various kinds of Cast parts added to the game in the future....
This. If they don't have about 20 times as many outfits/parts in the full game, it would be what can only be described as a fail.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 21, 2011, 01:49 AM
CASTs in this series have always looked like shit, so there's not much reason to expect it will be different this time around.

FOcast actually looks decent from the concept art, but I'll wait and see the actual in-game model before passing judgment.

str898mustang
Aug 21, 2011, 02:05 AM
Yes lets make another assumption before the game is even released! \o/

Porkspect
Aug 21, 2011, 02:07 AM
i saw a cast that was gold r all casts gonign 2 b gold? lolz.

Seth Astra
Aug 21, 2011, 02:16 AM
Yes lets make another assumption before the game is even released! \o/
I am putting this in my sig.

cyanprime
Aug 21, 2011, 02:42 AM
People like this is why Sega doesn't want alpha videos shown.

Pillan
Aug 21, 2011, 07:49 AM
This. If they don't have about 20 times as many outfits/parts in the full game, it would be what can only be described as a fail.

I would also be quite surprised if the release of the game had fewer outfit choices than the original PSU. However, I doubt anything other than the HUcast, RAcast, and FOcast outfit parts will be available for male Casts at character creation.

HeartBreak301
Aug 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
Dunno about you, but I like the straight up mech thing. I wasn't really a fan of PSU's cast parts, or the fact that they can wear clothes. They're robots for a reason, make them look badass.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 21, 2011, 10:09 AM
CASTs in this series have always looked like shit, so there's not much reason to expect it will be different this time around.

FOcast actually looks decent from the concept art, but I'll wait and see the actual in-game model before passing judgment.

Lol, ok man.

Dunno about you, but I like the straight up mech thing. I wasn't really a fan of PSU's cast parts, or the fact that they can wear clothes. They're robots for a reason, make them look badass.

Gimnas set. That is all. XD

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
At this rate, it's gonna look like Cosmic Break, with hundreds of more polygons and shaders, hehehe.
[spoiler-box]http://i54.tinypic.com/2druv50.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Itoshi
Aug 21, 2011, 12:55 PM
At this rate, it's gonna look like Cosmic Break, with hundreds of more polygons and shaders, hehehe.

No....NO!

Worship
Aug 21, 2011, 02:08 PM

Lol... oh god. Please no

Enforcer MKV
Aug 21, 2011, 02:12 PM

Lol, I'm cool with that as an option. Maybe not the only thing, but meh, whatever. XD

Ark22
Aug 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
Um..what is Cosmic break?

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
Um..what is Cosmic break?
An online game where you build and customize combat robots, from gundam style mechas to mecha girls (that look like normal girls with mecha adds anyway) and use them to fight in PVP and PVE. It focuses in the mecha girls anyway, in fact they call it "moe mecha action" but the other robots are cool too.

What reminded me of this game was the size list of cast parts in character creation screen: they were called, from smaller to larger, SS, S, M, L and LL. like in that other game (i guess it's a standard way to measure things anyway :P )

Ark22
Aug 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
I just read online game and said figured xD

Serephim
Aug 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
An online game where you build and customize combat robots, from gundam style mechas to mecha girls (that look like normal girls with mecha adds anyway) and use them to fight in PVP and PVE. It focuses in the mecha girls anyway, in fact they call it "moe mecha action" but the other robots are cool too.

I really hate japan sometimes.

Most of that dumb creepy loli and moe shit is the reason jrpgs have all but been completely abolished from the US.

I mean, look at Phantasy Star Portable 2 for cryin out loud. Almost everything about it tried so hard to be "cute".

Vashyron
Aug 21, 2011, 07:58 PM
I really dislike that as well, but what can you do.

I even remember playing that Cosmic break game once, but most of the Mech styles just put me off.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 22, 2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah, all these other cultures and subcultures that are different from our own are dumb and wrong. Let's make the world into one homogenous culture! Our culture, of course, not theirs.

On topic... don't worry. They've already shown some very cool concept art of HUcast and FOcast parts. The bulky "Gundam" look that we've seen in all the videos/pics so far is just the default RAcast stuff. I'm just glad they aren't trying to make CASTS look like humans with actual hair and all that this time around, like they did in PSU. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there are some options like that for "female" CASTS...

Zynetic
Aug 22, 2011, 02:35 AM
I mean, look at Phantasy Star Portable 2 for cryin out loud. Almost everything about it tried so hard to be "cute".
I hope you played the game before making such gross generalisations.

And not all of Japan is into 'lolis' and 'moe shit' (not sure what this is) as you might seem to think. It's rather just a category that originates from there that gets quite alot of attention.

OT: I highly doubt Cast customisation will be very limited. While you do equip parts in this game (I think I read this somewhere? Correct me if I'm wrong), I would expect the character to have proportions that you can edit (arm size, leg width, whatever else PSO2's character editor has), which will also apply to any part equipped on that character.

And yes, the default RAcast design is heavily inspired by the default Phantasy Star Zero RAcast design. Which I think is a great design if I'm able to customise it enough.

StriderTuna
Aug 22, 2011, 02:45 AM
I doubt we'd see much in the way of "fembots" or such in this, but more traditional cast designs (lean efficient HUcasts or bulky RAcasts) Though more mechish female casts would bring out the Ryusei in some people.

I'm sure there'll be much more options for players.

•Col•
Aug 22, 2011, 02:53 AM
OT: I highly doubt Cast customisation will be very limited. While you do equip parts in this game (I think I read this somewhere? Correct me if I'm wrong), I would expect the character to have proportions that you can edit (arm size, leg width, whatever else PSO2's character editor has), which will also apply to any part equipped on that character..

Yup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBTo4zaAt0&feature=player_embedded

Worship
Aug 22, 2011, 01:30 PM
Yup.

PSO2 ???? ??CC - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBTo4zaAt0&feature=player_embedded)

Thank you!

I hadn't seen that video yet.. Looks like two parts for ever body section with sizes SS - LL as someone mentioned before.

Looks cool and I'm aware it's in Alpha stage, but I'm not holding my breath until we see the final product.