PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Alittle help with Dxtory please

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 22, 2011, 09:19 AM
Two days ago my windows media player stopped being able to play Avi files that were created from Dxtory (im able to hear sound but no video) and now my copy of sony vegas wont let me see the video part I only access to edit the audio im pretty sure this is cause of windows media player no longer letting me play avi files properly

I tried to uninstall windows media player 11 but it seems with vista you cannot do that...

I have spent countless hours searching the internet and i keep reading alot of other people having the same issue i have tried downloading all kinds of codec packs but with no luck none have worked for me.

i was hoping someone here who knows more about computers than i do could me out please.

milranduil
Aug 22, 2011, 11:15 AM
Download format factory. It will publish the recorded footage straight to a WMV with various aspect ratio options, sound options, etc. It's pretty nice.

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
Download format factory. It will publish the recorded footage straight to a WMV with various aspect ratio options, sound options, etc. It's pretty nice.
Looks like great program but i just tried to convert avi files and it keeps saying failed to decode .... i just cant win this is really stressing me out...

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
Try downloading an older version of windows media player. I prefer and use wmp version 9 on windows 7

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 22, 2011, 01:47 PM
Try downloading an older version of windows media player. I prefer and use wmp version 9 on windows 7
I tried that and it would seem from what ive read on the net that windows vista cannot uninstall windows media 11....

DeathDragon2332
Aug 22, 2011, 01:53 PM
You could always get Windows 7 or xp and that would solve the problem.

Positive
Aug 22, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds more like a problem with the dxtory decoder (or whatever it encodes it as) than wmp itself.

Have you tried messing around with it in virtualdubmod? Since it's an avi, it can mostly likely read it and reencode it for you.

cristfc
Aug 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
Have you tried reinstall dxtory? I think it install dxtory codec for pc play dxtory videos correctly

Keilyn
Aug 22, 2011, 02:42 PM
though advanced, for re-encoding/compressing video (because I can control every part to it) I use TMPGEnc. You should google for "all in one-codec pack" and install it. That may fix your video problem.

I use dxtory and fraps. The only thing that annoys me is when a codec allows a higher setting to be input than it supports. Its only a dream if you think you will encode under those settings.