PDA

View Full Version : When...

Lolitron
Aug 23, 2011, 12:04 AM
Pick one.

HeartBreak301
Aug 23, 2011, 12:08 AM
I'd probably drop PSOBB for it. Well mostly.

Serephim
Aug 23, 2011, 12:26 AM
PSO2 releases?

deuces PSU

Halcyote
Aug 23, 2011, 12:33 AM
This poll needs to be multiple choice.

unicorn
Aug 23, 2011, 01:12 AM
Mostlikely play PSO2 more haha.

I'd probably keep playing PSU for a bit though. Since they haven't finished updating it on JP servers.

Shirai
Aug 23, 2011, 02:12 AM
Play PSO2 and maybe a bit of PSU.

But mostly play PSOBB.

Resanoca
Aug 23, 2011, 03:43 AM
I don't think I can go back to PSO2 after playing PSO3. ...In the future. D:

TheAstarion
Aug 23, 2011, 07:23 AM
Stick to PSU, wait for PSO2's first expansion. Scout the scene for server differences before taking the plunge and (probably) going JP.

Selphea
Aug 23, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'll wait and see, haven't seen anything that's 100% confirmed to me that PSO2 will break the current trend of Japanese MMOs being stillbirthed in the West *looks at FF14*

Noyo
Aug 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
Playing PSU till it dies then when PSO2 comes out go over there with my bestie ^^.. :D

gordon/alpha999
Aug 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Since im on Xbox PSU, OPTION 1

Keilyn
Aug 23, 2011, 04:38 PM
I won't play PSO-2. Not even a Japanese version. I already play a far better game than anything I can expect from SEGA.

XbikXBd
Aug 23, 2011, 04:45 PM
I won't play PSO-2. Not even a Japanese version. I already play a far better game than anything I can expect from SEGA.

Then why are you still playing if there is this awesome game you speak of.

Keilyn
Aug 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
PSUJP has a FREE COURSE option allowing a person to play the game online for free. You are Restricted but don't have to pay a dime for it. My Free Course activates next month....and right now the ONLY REASON why the game is installed is because a FREE OPTION exists and I have some friends inside.

PSUJP is no longer a secondary game I play as a distraction. Its a tertiary game I only play if a friend on MSN or Steam asks me to log in to help search for an item....and sometimes I log in to keep in touch with some players.

Does this answer your question for you?

Little Misha
Aug 23, 2011, 08:00 PM
NO MORE PSU.

FOREVER PSO2.

;_______________________________;

END OF LLLLIIIIIIIFFFEEEEEEEEE.

/loses all life support after PSO2 comes out.

Zeota
Aug 23, 2011, 10:20 PM
I haven't touched PSU in forever and I'm still on the fence about PSO2. While I am encouraged by what I see, I'm still not ready to fork over my money just yet.

Crysteon
Aug 23, 2011, 10:30 PM
Then why are you still playing if there is this awesome game you speak of.

Because it's his nature.

I guess I wont try PSO2 until some time has passed post-release...I wont really take the risk of playing right after release...I know it will be stressing for myself, lol.

HienkyakuX
Aug 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
not sure yet but surely the JP server if they don't make it global...not gonna wait for the same treatment as the US servers...

@Yo
Aug 23, 2011, 10:50 PM
PSO2 4 LIFE

Selphea
Aug 23, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hmm if it opens as F2P then I'll jump in on day 1 though :O

unicorn
Aug 23, 2011, 11:51 PM
re-thought my logic.

bye bye PSU, you haven't been nice to me lately n i has no frans on it anyway

DEM_CIG
Aug 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
Sayonara PSU. ^_^

Aug 24, 2011, 12:36 AM
will play both cause it took Karen forever to stay alive so i can get my Ely Sion, then when the time comes to retire psu PSO2 FOREVER...but in the meantime PSU FOREVER!!!

Keilyn
Aug 24, 2011, 12:57 AM
PSO-2 is going to flop.

There are many games out now that you can play on Decent to Good graphics, but if PSO-2 asks you to build a system on the level of Crysis I to run it....thanks to poor optimization, very few people will run it.

I mean shit...I don't even see phantasy star online 2 in www.mmorpg.com or any of the other major top RPG/MMORPG site unless the people of the site are otakus. The only reason you see PSO-2 on THIS SITE is because of otakus and fanatics scrounging up as much information possible about the game and posting....

...which shows you just how much SEGA actually cares.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2011, 01:01 AM
PSO-2 is going to flop.

So, did you use a crystal ball or Tarot cards to see the future?

Resanoca
Aug 24, 2011, 02:39 AM
Seriously, just stfu already with it. -_- So you hate Sega. Walk away. Never return. Well, I guess you're like some people. No matter how much you bitch...you just can't seem to let it go and leave.

Then again, when I think about it... What haven't you bitched about before in the past? Do you have to let your bitch out otherwise you die? If not, then for the love of God...shut up already.

Crysteon
Aug 24, 2011, 03:25 AM
It's just his opinion, not the absolute truth that everyone shall believe in, until the opposite thing has been exposed as a proof. We will see how much we bitch later when the game is released.

Resanoca
Aug 24, 2011, 03:34 AM
Yeah, well... His opinion sucks. D:

Keilyn
Aug 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
So, did you use a crystal ball or Tarot cards to see the future?

Maybe I should draw three tarot cards and see what I get....Fool, Empress and Hanged Man...Great! :'( As for Crystal Balls....they may be so 2000 B.C but my god, they actually work great...specially when you throw them at someone you don't like. They just don't make them like they used too.....(DAMN YOU MAGIC 8 BALL!!)

@Resanoca

Go ahead and check your MSN logs of all the conversations we had..you will find that never did you say the words "Thank You" in a sentence and when we said "thanks" I said it far more often for information I asked from you to help you with your comp problems. In fact you will find you thanked me for "defining" PSU terms, while forgetting to thank me at the end for all the work I did for you, which by the way was three days involving 9 hours of work and conversation....with even an instance where I put my computer at risk so you did not have to put yours at risk.

Considering that afterwards you did not even check up on me or cared to even say hello to me in-game or play together with me at all. You took advantage of me, and picked my brain as a solution to your problems and treated me like a maggot.

So seriously, you can go to hell and burn there.

Resanoca
Aug 24, 2011, 06:56 AM
You're not Bobby! You can't tell me where to go burn. >:

str898mustang
Aug 24, 2011, 07:08 AM
so much drama.....

btw PSO2 is gonna be awesome.

Selphea
Aug 24, 2011, 07:18 AM
Keilyn kind of has a point. SoA's PR officer, i.e. RubyEclipse's successor, should be raising awareness for PSO2 by sending press releases to major MMO fansites and trying to get PSO2 listed. Aion was hyped around a year before release, but PSO2 is apparently due out in Q1 2012 and is barely mentioned on any gaming sites.

This either means a) PSO2 isn't getting the PR it needs for market penetration or b) The International version of PSO2 is more than a year away. Given the demands of mainstream gamers regarding imported games (i.e. they are discerning enough to know that it takes far less than a year to translate the item names and flavor text that come with a usual game patch), neither prospect bodes well for Sega.

bloodflowers
Aug 24, 2011, 07:24 AM
Haven't decided, will probably still play PSU until the content stops appearing on PSU JP, and on 360 part time. I'll jump to PSO2 then if it looks like a good game (not convinced by the videos or released info so far, too much of a PSO throwback in classes - boring), but if/when I do - global or JP. There's no way in hell I'd play another regionalised PS title, and neither should anyone else if they care about value for money or support.

Lockon Stratos
Aug 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
its hard to say, cos i havent played pso2 yet. i dont know if the new battle system will suit me, but im 90% sure it will and id most likely quit psu.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Aug 24, 2011, 11:18 AM
Keilyn kind of has a point. SoA's PR officer, i.e. RubyEclipse's successor, should be raising awareness for PSO2 by sending press releases to major MMO fansites and trying to get PSO2 listed. Aion was hyped around a year before release, but PSO2 is apparently due out in Q1 2012 and is barely mentioned on any gaming sites.

This either means a) PSO2 isn't getting the PR it needs for market penetration or b) The International version of PSO2 is more than a year away. Given the demands of mainstream gamers regarding imported games (i.e. they are discerning enough to know that it takes far less than a year to translate the item names and flavor text that come with a usual game patch), neither prospect bodes well for Sega.

^This, and you can throw in the fact that there are a lot of people out there who are very un-decided due to past experience with the franchise, and since SEGA is staying very hush hush about details on this game it's not helping the situation.

As for me, I most likely won't be playing either, I've already had to cancel my PSU sub due to lack of time, and frankly I have better things to spend my money on than a new computer just for one game that most of my friends aren't even going to play.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2011, 01:26 PM
if/when I do - global or JP. There's no way in hell I'd play another regionalised PS title, and neither should anyone else if they care about value for money or support.

Agreed. In fact, a lot of people said that they'll be publicly boycotting a US/EU version of PSO2 (if "versions" end up existing, and it's not one global server), due to the terrible neglect the US/EU version(s) of PSU suffered from. I'll probably one of the people boycotting, as well.

Selphea
Aug 25, 2011, 12:53 AM
They'll do a Nexon and force a regional IP block, just watch

Vashyron
Aug 25, 2011, 01:23 AM
Won't stop me. :>

I kinda doubt they would go that path anyway.

BIG OLAF
Aug 25, 2011, 01:29 AM
What exactly is a regional IP block, and how would one get around it? I don't understand.

Vashyron
Aug 25, 2011, 01:42 AM
Means that say people with a IP address in a certain region won't be able to connect outside their region.

So say PSO2 Has JP/US/EU. And you live in the EU, you can only connect to EU PSO2.

You bypass it via a proxy.

BIG OLAF
Aug 25, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hope that doesn't happen, because I have no idea how to use proxies, or whatever.

But, I'm sure it won't, seeing as SEGA always stated that they're aware of the global anticipation of PSO2. Doing a regional IP block would be the ultimate "fuck you" in that case.