View Full Version : Population

Lolitron
Aug 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
Just curious what the population is for the:

Xbox servers.
JP servers.

BIG OLAF
Aug 23, 2011, 05:54 PM
The Xbox servers probably have less than 1000 players online at peak hours (about 1 Universe full, and a little over). I can't speak for the JP servers though.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 06:48 PM
Uhh during are times US times the servers are pretty empty but around 1am-11am Theres a lot not sure on the real #

cristfc
Aug 23, 2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up9056.png
But in weekends that I've played, between 9:00PM and 11:00PM (JST), uni 1 is 4-5stars and all others, 2 stars..
Middle week days, between 8AM and 11:00AM (JST), uni 1 is 1star and other universes are 0 stars (not filled star)

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Wow Ive never seen that many stars before. Ive seen like 2 unis with 3 but never that.

Anna_Wren
Aug 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
Typically there are around 1000-1500 in the afternoon on PSU 360. During events it goes around 3000-5000, when unis 1 2 and sometimes 3 get totally full. This doesn't happen much though.

unicorn
Aug 23, 2011, 08:03 PM
JP servers are dying tbh.

Little Misha
Aug 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
Well, I b jelly.

People been telling me REPEATEDLY that the Japanese servers has been down since, forever ago.
Which made me believe so.
I'd love to play the other server.
Despite the lack of knowledge of the language.

C:

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 08:05 PM
It's really fun over here. If you start hit me up Ill help you whenever I can.

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 23, 2011, 08:23 PM
JP servers are dying tbh.
Hardly....

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah I don't think they are dying at all. If anything there getting more popular now that 360 is "Unique"

Little Misha
Aug 23, 2011, 09:05 PM
It's really fun over here. If you start hit me up Ill help you whenever I can.

Ohohoh, you should send me a message of maybe places I can get the other servers.
I would really love to hop over.

n___________________n♥!

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuPy6hSOb4 Here You go follow this and you should be good in a couple hours. Thats counting the DL for the game.

Little Misha
Aug 23, 2011, 09:16 PM
Phantasy Star Universe AotI Guide: Free Play on Japanese Servers - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuPy6hSOb4) Here You go follow this and you should be good in a couple hours. Thats counting the DL for the game.

Eeeeppp.
I'll have to do this tomorrow after my classes. ;_______;!
Something to be happy to get to for an hour or two after school work.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 23, 2011, 09:23 PM
Haha Ok let me know when you get it done. Or if you have ?s. I would love 2 help.

unicorn
Aug 23, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hardly....

I've been on them longer than you. The servers have been halved, and theres noticeably less players at peak times than there was a year ago.

JP still has more players than 360, but PSP2i and the upcoming PSO2 has taken part of the population tbh.

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 24, 2011, 12:26 AM
I've been on them longer than you. The servers have been halved, and theres noticeably less players at peak times than there was a year ago.

JP still has more players than 360, but PSP2i and the upcoming PSO2 has taken part of the population tbh.

Im well aware i do check the uploader infact i have for the past 3 years.

I know that psp2 and other stuff like monster hunter have hurt it abit but jp psu is in no way dying im pretty sure they are still making a tidy profit from psu, peak times are still average at 1-2 stars on all 8 universes for 5-6 hours thats still pretty decent i know once pso2 comes out it will probably half but that doesnt mean ppl will all un sub straight away sega could careless how many ppl are signed in on the game aslong as those people are still paying which some people tend to not play very often but still pay cause they are not ready to quit and unlike 360 jp is still supported very well and with the gc system they gotta be making good money of the game still.

Koric
Aug 24, 2011, 01:07 AM
Don't worry guys! I plan on joining the JP Servers tomorrow!

rawr...

I'll be playing on the free jp servers till pso2. <.<

If anyone has any pointers for me, feel free to list them. xD Cause i'm going to have a hard time without knowing the language,. hah!

I havn't played psu since the open beta since 2006(?)... 2007?

Then I went back to pso, so hopefully I'll stay this time. xD

Melodys
Aug 24, 2011, 01:29 AM
Herro! I'm new to the Jp PSU servers too and I was able to login today. I am not familiar with Japanese like most other users here either. Only been playing PSU US PC for 3 months or so before it closed down but I enjoyed it at least.

Although when I logged in, I could only see Universe 1 with 1 full star and that the lobbies are mostly empty with the occasional Jp players running about.

If anyone wants to help me too, it'll be great ^^.

Lolitron
Aug 24, 2011, 02:20 AM
Herro! I'm new to the Jap PSU servers too and I was able to login today. I am not familiar with Japanese like most other users here either. Only been playing PSU US PC for 3 months or so before it closed down but I enjoyed it at least.

Although when I logged in, I could only see Universe 1 with 1 full star and that the lobbies are mostly empty with the occasional Jap players running about.

If anyone wants to help me too, it'll be great ^^.

Hi new guy. Not sure if it still applies nowadays but please refer to JP players as JP instead of Jap players. Jap, unfortunately, carries certain derogatory racial implications (WWII etc).

Besides that, welcome to the forums :).

Zerolimit
Aug 24, 2011, 05:56 AM
Hello all new players. I am still relatively new on some peoples standards, but i could you all out if ya need it as well as downloading the servers.

If you want a talk through the download or while your playing Message my GT: Zerolimit2540

xmoonprismpowerx
Sep 2, 2011, 09:44 PM
i might do this, too.

TheAstarion
Sep 3, 2011, 07:55 PM
General pointer for JP PSU: if you can't find people, check this very forum for the most recent thread on JP's most recent update. It should give you an idea as to where folks are.

Example: right now, people are at Agata Islands: Egam or Old Hakura Temple lobbies doing the 3 current GBR missions. You can get to these without having to pay at all, by mucking around in the Neudaiz Guardians Branch, talking to the lady at the counter, taking the second option, and looking at the lobbies. Last yellow one is the newest, Hakura lobby.

Alternatively, people are at the 3rd floor GAM hub doing Ohtori Encampment, an insane mission full of powerful weapon drops, (previously) rare trade items, strong enemies with good EXP, and BT frags which people use mostly to trade for PAs these days. People run this all the time, not least because it's awesome and even a lv100ish character can level off of quick easy C runs, but it also gives out AMP, used to buy other rare and sometimes otherwise unobtainable items. And right now AMP for Ohtori (and a few other GAMs that nobody plays) is doubled. Only downside is you don't get regular mission points.

When I first joined, an event was going on. I did a few runs solo and kept dying because I was level nothing and had no money. Eventually found an english speaking player, got babysat through a run or two, and picked up steam. A month or so later, I popped back online, saw I had some event rewards... so I had four 15* S-ranks at level 15, and no ability to use any of them. Still, it gave me more of an incentive to play.

My only other advice is, log in when you can, get your daily stamps when you can (3rd floor GAM room, lady on the left), and every time an event rolls around, make sure to play on both entrance 1 and entrance 2 to get essentially double rewards later if applicable. I was happy to get a pair of katanas, but super buttmad to learn I could have had two pairs!

Kizer497
Sep 9, 2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah I don't think they are dying at all. If anything there getting more popular now that 360 is "Unique"
got that right.

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2011, 02:59 PM
Of 150+ cards on psujp the following happens outside of events:

1) Around 10% (15 cards) are lit up..
2) Half of them are non-responsive when I say "Hello" and check up on players.
3) The other half are either in parties or prefer to play a map alone out of fear they won't get the map's top drop if it falls.

Most of the time unless an arrangement is made over items or I am helping non-capped players...psujp really feels like an Online Singleplayer Game. Players know this so they have their own little groups they play in from time to time. Some run under the fear if they do any little thing against the group's most influencial member or leader, that they will be alienated...

...So the combination of "Fear" and "Friendship by Convenience" for the most part keeps people in-line.

During events, its a different story...Much easier to find random parties and play the game, and its not so empty either. During events around 1/3rd - 1/2 of my cards are lit up and active.