PDA

View Full Version : why the heck...

TCZid
Mar 17, 2003, 09:55 PM
Why is everyone corrupting!?!?!?!? I mean, this is scary, everyone I know is corrupting. How do I prevent myself from corrupting, as long as I have Gamecube Memorycard err I mean Nintendo memory card I am safe... RIGHT!? RIGHT!?!?!?

Yoda86
Mar 17, 2003, 09:57 PM
I hear that data files stored on Third Party memory cards for GC usually corrupt a lot.

TCZid
Mar 17, 2003, 09:58 PM
Well, I just wanna know, AM I SAFE!?

thewiredknight
Mar 17, 2003, 10:10 PM
I've had FSOD or lag recently but no corruption. When it's FSOD or lag I can generally just pull the modem cord and I'm fine and don't even get the message saying things were deleted. Of those I play with online, I don't hink anyone has been corrupted recently.

TCZid
Mar 17, 2003, 10:20 PM
My friend corrupted last night http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sparkoma
Mar 17, 2003, 10:26 PM
i was corrupted and it was on a 3p card and i swiched to a nintindo card and i got/am 111,54,16,13
so i think it has to do with cards and dupes

TCZid
Mar 17, 2003, 10:27 PM
Okay thank you! finally somone knows what they're talking about

pixelate
Mar 17, 2003, 10:30 PM
The double save online can also corrupt.

2Xtreme
Mar 17, 2003, 10:34 PM
Okay thank you! finally somone knows what they're talking about.

Yes and no.

Trying to dupe can, and will, corrupt people more often than not. Third party memory card sometimes corrupt more often, but they also save faster; sometimes fast enough to dodge the "FSODX", or corruption caused by FSOD - usually when joining a team. Other things like power outages, power surges, surges from broadband uplink devices, and deleting your GameCube's network settings can also cause your memory card data to corrupt.

I have been corrupted three times, through no fault of my own. Twice I got FSODX when joining a team, and once I was surged during Challenge Mode. For the record, I use a Nintendo brand official Memory Card 59.

TCZid
Mar 17, 2003, 10:35 PM
but, if I have a nintendo memory card I wont corrupt correct?

2Xtreme
Mar 17, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-03-17 19:34, 2Xtreme wrote:
I have been corrupted three times, through no fault of my own. Twice I got FSODX when joining a team, and once I was surged during Challenge Mode. For the record, I use a Nintendo brand official Memory Card 59.

I guess you just have to be lucky...

TCZid
Mar 18, 2003, 10:22 AM
Okay, I dont think im gonna currupt(hope) Because i have a 111 and a 115... thats alot of hours... please dont let me currupt sega, please!

rena-ko
Mar 18, 2003, 10:48 AM
i dont think you can prevent this... try to join games from later lobbies, try to be not the 4th person to join, try to have no dupes with you etc...

even if you get disconnected and it doesnt save your stuff its always saver to have only equipped stuff with you and anything else that is of worth stored in the bank.

good luck ^_^

EvilNixon666
Mar 18, 2003, 12:41 PM
It also seems to me that it's very easy to be corrupted by the double save if someone is leaving the room as you join.

I have my friends mail me before they join my room, and I mail them if I'm the one tagging along.

A friend of mine corrupted last night when he was joining a team and someone left. He also had a third party memory card, and the methods widely used to save data and items did not work for him.

Also, I believe carrying dupes has little if nothing to do with corruptions. From what I've heard, it's the process of duping, not the dupes themselves.

Yosho
Mar 18, 2003, 12:55 PM
On 2003-03-18 07:22, TCZid wrote:
Okay, I dont think im gonna currupt(hope) Because i have a 111 and a 115... thats alot of hours... please dont let me currupt sega, please!

I said the same thing, for a while, I thought it couldnt happen to me, but I was sure ass hell wrong lol.
All I mean is dont jinx your self http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zae
Mar 18, 2003, 01:03 PM
Ive curupted twice and my friend on aim has currupted 7 times hes using a mad catz memory card and im using a nintendo card. hes a duper and i had no ligit items even my monomate were duped. but i dont care becasue having good items and kicking things a$ss' is really fun and ill currpt again and restart again and currupt again and restart and it doesnt matter i dont care ill keep keep keep on sing and dancing all through the nite i mean playing 2/7/365

TCZid
Mar 18, 2003, 06:09 PM
LoL nice... Well, I know I have a bunch of dupped items, I kinda hope I corrupt now, it will give me a good reason to go legit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif