PDA

View Full Version : Visible Equipment

adam-james
Aug 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure how what has been confirmed from the latest alpha patch, but I'm wondering what people think about being able to view other player's equipment and pallet.

Please vote and comment below!

BIG OLAF
Aug 25, 2011, 10:23 AM
I never saw a problem with it. I visually molest other people's stuff on PSU all the time. It's not that big of a deal.

adam-james
Aug 25, 2011, 10:26 AM
I never saw a problem with it. I visually molest other people's stuff on PSU all the time. It's not that big of a deal.

Same. I didn't mind people commenting on my gear. Also, it helps when putting a team together.
(about to run Operation Firebreak with all earth weapons .... maybe not!)

moorebounce
Aug 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
Not w/o asking first IMO. Of course you'll start getting people bugging you about trading or selling them your stuff. As for pallet setup you keep playing until you figure out a setup that works for you and the chrarcter you are using.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
It's fine if you have the option to allow people to check out your stuff, but you should also be able to disallow people from "inspecting" you. I have no interest in letting random people see the details of my character setup, and there's no good reason they should be able to without my permission.

Edit: I think the OP is talking about an inspection feature, not items being visible on your character.

Zaix
Aug 25, 2011, 10:42 AM
I had absolutely no problem with this in PSU nor any MMO of any sorts. I really enjoy checking Elitist gear, because sometimes its actually quite laughable.

Kanashimi
Aug 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
How about none of the above, for the poll options? I don't want to show anything off, but I don't mind people looking, and I think it can be useful in some cases, as long as someone doesn't "you suck because you haven't found such-and-such yet" at me.

adam-james
Aug 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
Edit: I think the OP is talking about an inspection feature, not items being visible on your character.

Just thinking about how in PSU, you could view someones entire pallet. For me this sucked when I had switched to ForteGunner and had crummy weapons, or when I'd AFK during the machine gun glitch days with just a 10/10 Drumline :D , but i didn't mind so much when I had a full set of perfect top level weapons when White Beast first opened, as it meant that I never had a problem finding people to run with.

It has it's pros and cons. I think the way forward would be to turn it on by default, but have the option to turn visibility off.

landman
Aug 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
I'm ok with it except those times when my friends will say "what are you doing with this crap?". I laughed because I had better photon arts, and he was human :wacko:

Serephim
Aug 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
How about none of the above, for the poll options? I don't want to show anything off, but I don't mind people looking, and I think it can be useful in some cases, as long as someone doesn't "you suck because you haven't found such-and-such yet" at me.

God forbid! Just tell them to get a life.

always works, i promise. Then you get to hear them go on and on about how rich they are and how amazing their "GF" looks.

Zaix
Aug 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
God forbid! Just tell them to get a life.

always works, i promise. Then you get to hear them go on and on about how rich they are and how amazing their "GF" looks.

Ah yes the classic I have a life speech

Kanashimi
Aug 25, 2011, 11:25 AM
@Serephim: HA! Yes. XD I should start doing that instead of feeling insulted.

EDIT:
@Zaix: And/or "I don't have RL/Luck++ yet."

Serephim
Aug 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah! because man seriously anyone who takes the time to point that out probably has self esteem issues, and needs to find somewhere to feel superior to someone. Unfortunately they can only do it on a videogame.

Thats the way i see it anyway

kornkid212
Aug 25, 2011, 11:30 AM
Make it like in DC Universe, where you can choose the look from the items you have discovered

Worship
Aug 25, 2011, 11:44 AM
I picked the second option.

Visible, but with the option to hide certain items sounds good to me.

Arkios
Aug 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
I prefer to be able to see a person's equipment and setup. Helps you weed out the retards for things that may actually require skill/proper equipment.

I also understand why someone may want this turned off. If you just play casually and for fun, then I can see why it would be annoying to be constantly harrassed by other players commenting on your gear and "how bad you are".

I think the ability to turn inspection on/off would be good. If someone requires a gear check, then you can turn it on temporarily to show them what you have to prove that you're equipped for the quest/mission. Or if you don't care about any of that, you can just leave it off all the time.

Zaix
Aug 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
Armor has never affected the appearance of any Phantasy Star character ever. Also, I think this topic is talking more about the ability to click on someone and look at their equipped gear through menus.

Zyrusticae
Aug 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
Blargh! Misleading thread title. I voted assuming you meant "visible equipment" as in WoW style gear determining your look.

...Anyways, I would have voted yes, because why the hell not?

Arkios
Aug 25, 2011, 11:50 AM
Armor has never affected the appearance of any Phantasy Star character ever. Also, I think this topic is talking more about the ability to click on someone and look at their equipped gear through menus.

Uhmmm... what?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/GC-AURA_FIELD-ACTION-1.jpg

EDIT: Re-read what you said, I'm assuming you meant like WoW-esque changes where your actually "clothing" appearance changes based on your equipment. That is true, so you're right if that's what you meant. Not trying to be argumentative.

Serephim
Aug 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
in that case, the armor effects were so rare that if you had one, you immediately looked cool.

Unlike in PSU, where by the end of firebreak EVERYONE had that stupid flame aura. I think i kept it off for the sake of actually being unique : /

But one of those events i did end up getting a Puyoment Aura, and it was rare for most of the time i spent playing. Don't remember many people using it : 3

Zaix
Aug 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Uhmmm... what?

EDIT: Re-read what you said, I'm assuming you meant like WoW-esque changes where your actually "clothing" appearance changes based on your equipment. That is true, so you're right if that's what you meant. Not trying to be argumentative.

Yeah that is what I meant. I should have been a bit more specific on that one.

But one of those events i did end up getting a Puyoment Aura, and it was rare for most of the time i spent playing. Don't remember many people using it : 3
I was a very big armor effect collector and spent forever hunting those jaggo sonichis for a puyoment aura. (Which was easiest during Operation: Firebreak)

Worship
Aug 25, 2011, 12:22 PM

With that said, I'd rather show off my character and their "style" rather than loading them up with a bunch of mixed matched gear that I'd be forced to wear for the stats.

Kanashimi
Aug 25, 2011, 12:30 PM
mixed matched gear that I'd be forced to wear for the stats.

I wholeheartedly agree on this point. SMT, for example: there are bonuses you get for wearing a matching set of clothing, and when you enter a run and all four of your buddies look exactly the same... it just /bothers/ me. D: It's like, what's the point of having anyone look like anything if they're all going to wear the same stuff?

EDIT: Minecraft is another one where you can barely tell your friends apart at a distance because everyone everywhere decks themselves out in armor that conceals those nifty skins.