PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Guilds

Vashyron
Aug 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
Split off from the PSO2 Datamining Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190411)

No problem.

...Oh hello there.

ShowGuildCreateWindow
ShowGuildDestroyWindow
ShowGuildReplyScoutWindow
ShowGuildLeaveWindow
ShowGuildKickWindow
PromoteToManager
PromoteToCommon
ShowGuildDemoteToCommon
ShowGuildDemoteToVisitor

:wacko:

Razelis
Aug 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
wow nice finds.... wonder if it means it will be called "guilds" and not "teams" anymore hmmm

Vashyron
Aug 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
It's the internal name, doesn't mean that's the name they are using.

Regardless, it means Teams/Guilds/Clans/Whateveryouwanttocallit. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 06:12 PM
Oh god...

Guilds...

People whine about PVP ruining communities...

Guilds are just as bad if you ask me... e_e

Good thing I don't play with random people that much anyway.

BioWarrior
Aug 25, 2011, 06:44 PM
Dammit all I haaaaaaaaaaaate guilds with a passion. It makes people play only with their guilds. It's not so much of a problem with JP players as it is with NA/EU. It's the one thing killing my enjoyment of FFXIV at the moment. Nobody wants to do anything outside their circle of friends and meet new people.

JC10001
Aug 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
Dammit all I haaaaaaaaaaaate guilds with a passion. It makes people play only with their guilds. It's not so much of a problem with JP players as it is with NA/EU. It's the one thing killing my enjoyment of FFXIV at the moment. Nobody wants to do anything outside their circle of friends and meet new people.

IAWTP. Guilds suck. Granted, there were cliques in PSU and I'm generally ok with those but having guilds kind of takes it to a whole other level. A lot of the time it is the guild leaders who tell the members not to pay with other people. It is ridiculous. People should play with whomever they want to.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 25, 2011, 07:22 PM
If the leader of your guild tells you that you are not allowed to play with certain people, then find a better fucking guild.

I'm glad to see the team system return, if for no reason other than that it made chatting with friends much easier (as you could use team chat together while all being in different parties).

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 07:35 PM
If the leader of your guild tells you that you are not allowed to play with certain people, then find a better fucking guild.

I'm glad to see the team system return, if for no reason other than that it made chatting with friends much easier (as you could use team chat together while all being in different parties).

NOpe.

It's not the leader, it's just the mindset people build up on their own.

Especially higher ranked/popular guilds.

"I'm in this particular guild so that means I'm too cool/pro to communicate with anyone else outside of it, and whenever I do it's only related to me and or my guild mates being better than other players."

Elitism is annoying...

Guilds turn elitists into elitist groups...

Big ones

Then the horrible attitudes the spawn from it spread like a virus.

But yeah whatever, for me it'll probably just filter out all the fake/annoying people by their team name, in general.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 25, 2011, 07:39 PM
Everyone I knew on PSU was an elitist prick that only played with people they knew, and I'm quite certain PSU did not have a guild system.

The point is that people form cliques anyway, so adding an in-game guild system isn't really going to make matters any worse, it will only legitimize the delicious team drama.

•Col•
Aug 25, 2011, 07:40 PM
But yeah whatever, for me it'll probably just filter out all the fake/annoying people by their team name, in general.

Sup prejudice?

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 07:45 PM
Sup prejudice?

THE FEELINGS MUTUAL.

"You're not worth our attention for not being in a pro guild"

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 25, 2011, 07:51 PM
People who think that way are retarded.

However, I think you are misconstruing the impact it will have quite significantly. It's less "You aren't in a pro guild so fuck you." and more "I don't really care about you one way or the other because I just want to play with my friends."

Just because many guilds are full of narrow-minded tools doesn't mean you should exclude the feature entirely.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
Well like I said, I'm meh about guilds now... since all the kinds of people I don't like will just band together. (Like you've also said.)

I can look past whatever guild someone would be in... But I'm not playing with their guildmates if most of them are annoying. >3>

It may not even be all that bad. Just that FEZ made me completely bitter about guilds. (Yoshi was there, knows... e_e) Of course that was a PVP based game so everything with that should be self explanatory.

BioWarrior
Aug 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
Well like I said, I'm meh about guilds now... since all the kinds of people I don't like will just band together. (Like you've also said.)

I can look past whatever guild someone would be in... But I'm not playing with their guildmates if most of them are annoying. >3>

It may not even be all that bad. Just that FEZ made me completely bitter about guilds. (Yoshi was there, knows... e_e) Of course that was a PVP based game so everything with that should be self explanatory.

Sad thing is it doesn't even need to be PVP. If you have a community that DEMANDS PVP in the game even if it won't happen this problem will start. FFXIV has this problem.

Hrith
Aug 25, 2011, 08:09 PM
Bad news D:

Zynetic
Aug 25, 2011, 08:23 PM
I really don't think the guild system causes this 'I'm too pro to play with anyone outside of my circle' mindset. Rather, the guild system is just an easier way to communicate.

I really liked the team function in PSO BB. It made it easier to communicate with certain people.

Lyric
Aug 25, 2011, 08:28 PM
I don't think it'll change things that much. I've never had a problem meeting new people, regardless of Teams/Guilds etc.

I had a group of friends I always played with, yes. However, when they weren't around or we needed extra help, we had no problem letting someone new come along. Of course it doesn't always work out. I/we...don't really get along with Elitists too well, but we had fun all the same.

•Col•
Aug 25, 2011, 08:29 PM
I really don't think the guild system causes this 'I'm too pro to play with anyone outside of my circle' mindset. Rather, the guild system is just an easier way to communicate.

I really liked the team function in PSO BB. It made it easier to communicate with certain people.

Feel exactly the same way..... Dear god, I'm having horrible flashbacks to the messaging/searching system they had in place.

Teams made things so much easier.

Arkios
Aug 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Man I loved team chat on PSOBB. There was nothing worse than being stuck doing solo quests for an item all by yourself. (I'm looking at you Tollaws! Gimme my Milla!)

Team chat was awesome because I could be chatting and joking around with people while still playing solo. It made it REALLY easy to setup quick quests/teams for games as well. As soon as I got done with one thing, I had already coordinated with someone else to do something else right after.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 25, 2011, 09:13 PM
Bad news D:You didn't enjoy BB's team drama? PSU was so boring without it.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
Geez, drama of any kind is so annoying. Why can't everyone just play?

I'm kind of on the fence about guilds. I like the idea of having people unite and playing as a unit, but at the same time......

Drama. It's annoying. And people want me to play referee....

Oh, the horrifying flashbacks. O.o

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 25, 2011, 10:09 PM
You kidding? Drama is the game.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2011, 10:14 PM
You kidding? Drama is the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, the art, gameplay, structure, mechanics, and enjoyment is the game.

Drama is what happens when people can't get along, or feel like starting trouble.

I won't say anything rude, but I prefer to play games, not deal with drama that arises from any number of reasons.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, the art, gameplay, structure, mechanics, and enjoyment is the game.

Drama is what happens when people can't get along, or feel like starting trouble.

I won't say anything rude, but I prefer to play games, not deal with drama that arises from any number of reasons.

Drama puts that emotion into the art.

Stop being a drama police officer, and start being the audience and you've got your self the other half of the game's entertainment!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
Drama puts that emotion into the art.

Stop being a drama police officer, and start being the audience and you've got your self the other half of the game's entertainment!

Police officer? Where? lol, I dunno what you're saying, but I play games to enjoy the things that I spent $60 for, not watch people argue and cause strife.

Just saying what I personally do. Not trying to tell others what to do. :P

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2011, 10:57 PM
But it's HILARIOUS...

I JUST SAY IT WAS EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT!

Why you no listen?!

Go watch people argue right now!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2011, 11:02 PM
But it's HILARIOUS...

I JUST SAY IT WAS EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT!

Why you no listen?!

Go watch people argue right now!

Lol, I listen.

But I don't agree. :D

Hrith
Aug 26, 2011, 10:51 AM
Guilds always favour mindsets, good or bad, and usually bad. Guilds also divide one community, which is fine when it's big, but not when it's Phantasy Star.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
It worked fine in PSOBB, Kef, and that's about the smallest game community that ever was.

Pillan
Aug 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Honestly, I would say that guilds hurt more than they helped in PSO BB. And that is primarily because of the guild exclusive content and the option to burn rare weapons to increase guild number and abilities. Essentially that combination made guilds far more exclusive and divisive than they would have been in any other setting. However, in a system where the only advantage of a guild is the community contained within the guild, it would not be so bad.

I was wondering if such a feature would be implemented, as the outfit logo change option reminded me a lot of the team symbols in BB. Hopefully it will be possible to update that with various guild marks.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 26, 2011, 11:10 AM
the option to burn rare weapons to increase guild number and abilities.Honestly, I found this to be one of the best features of teams in PSOBB. It gave some usefulness to otherwise useless low-end rares, and the things you unlocked were really far from important in the grand scheme of things.

Pillan
Aug 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Honestly, I found this to be one of the best features of teams in PSOBB. It gave some usefulness to otherwise useless low-end rares, and the things you unlocked were really far from important in the grand scheme of things.

If you played any of the versions before BB, you are aware that all those "useless low-end rares" were quite often distributed freely to newcomers. This, of course, made new players much more likely to continue playing the game and expand the community. And I found that aspect to be missing from BB whenever I looked around.

This is part of why I would argue that any additional advantage to a guild other than "an easy and official way to talk to the group you formed anyway" will take away from the community.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
That was probably because no one new joined PSOBB after the "open beta" free trial month.

Hrith
Aug 26, 2011, 11:28 AM
It worked fine in Blue Burst, you say? Surely you jest. I think PSO BB is a good example that PS games should not have guilds, for most of the reasons mentioned here.

Bulgereek Nookstain
Aug 26, 2011, 11:32 AM
I felt the same way and I was relieved when we found out PSU would not have teams, but after the extraordinarily disappointing drama (or lack there of) in PSU, I have been forced to change my opinion.

Kanashimi
Aug 26, 2011, 11:34 AM
Honestly, teams just determine whether I harass people over MSN or not when trying to get a party together. I like teams, because I'm lazy.

Hrith
Aug 26, 2011, 12:13 PM
I felt the same way and I was relieved when we found out PSU would not have teams, but after the extraordinarily disappointing drama (or lack there of) in PSU, I have been forced to change my opinion.I understand better.

amtalx
Aug 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
Guild support doesn't ruin anything. It just gives people and in-game avenue to do what they are already doing. Lacking guild support doesn't deter the existence or creation of guilds, it just makes it more difficult for guild members.

yoshiblue
Aug 26, 2011, 12:41 PM
Most of the time now though they ask you to apply to their site anyways. Theres also party chat I guess. Maybe friend chat if they add that.

Palle
Aug 26, 2011, 12:59 PM
...the use of the term 'guild' in the context of PSO... I puked a little.

ShadowBrand
Aug 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
...the use of the term 'guild' in the context of PSO... I puked a little.

Not a fan of the Hunter's Guild then?

Serephim
Aug 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
Oh boy. here we go. Elitist arguments and ruined community arguments abound.

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2011, 02:04 PM
Your sig is REALLY far away, Palle o_o

As for guild emblems, I'm gonna admit it'll be badass if you can do your own personal graphic work then make it something you can paste on your outfit.

THEN send it to your friends. for guilds, gangs, mercs (Or your clique 8D)... That'd be something to look forward to.

Kanashimi
Aug 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna admit it'll be badass if you can do your own personal graphic work then make it something you can paste on your outfit.

I agree. :D Fingers crossed.

Shou
Aug 26, 2011, 03:00 PM
I like it. I wanna be able to communicate as easy as possible. I hate PSU mail...

MistyWaters
Aug 26, 2011, 03:33 PM
I've only been in one Guild in my entire gaming lifetime, and it was not a pleasant experience. The "Leader" was a huge Douche-waffle. Because of that, I will never join another one again.

HOWEVER! I will enjoy watching any kind of drama while on the sidelines. So, bring it on.

Kanashimi
Aug 26, 2011, 03:39 PM
My best team experience was on PSO. The team master would get online, totally drunk, and proceed to amuse all of us for hours, lawl.

SELENNA
Aug 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
I wonder if Team Ragol will be around with PSO2....

Ecchi
Aug 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thumbs up for guild system option even tho I probably wont join one.

Tetsaru
Aug 26, 2011, 03:52 PM
I don't see the problem with guild support. If people and their friends want to form their own groups, that's their business. All this talk about "guild drama" and what not... I usually see that kind of crap arise when someone simply doesn't get the in-game items they want, or there's people bitching about how another person is playing, etc. - mostly stupid stuff that can easily be avoided. As long as you know most of the people in your guild and are able to help each other out on an active basis, it's usually to your benefit, instead of constantly soloing or joining random parties where you don't know anyone.

And if not that, there can always be game-related guilds, like how FFXIV has the Adventurer's Guild, the Smithing Guild, the Gladiator's Guild, etc. Remember how I said they could do this in PSO2 by utilizing the old Section ID's? There could be a guild for each of them that incorporates different motives and rewards for providing services to them (that is, missions/quests). Yellowboze could be a very economy-driven, business-like guild, and would give you rewards in the form of tons of money, or discounts on NPC merchandise to reflect that. Redria could be driven by creating skilled Hunters, and would thus give you unique sword weapons. Bluefull could be the guild that values protecting others, and would have the best armor, etc. People could then focus on doing missions/quests for certain guilds to get the things they want for their characters most, whether it's a badass rifle, or rare MAG. You wouldn't necessarily have to stick with a single guild, but there could be minor consequences for choosing one guild over another; there could be rivalries between certain guilds that are incorporated in certain quests, and your actions could put you in favor of one or the other, or possibly even help mend relations between them. I think that'd be pretty cool.

•Col•
Aug 26, 2011, 04:28 PM
I think Guilds/Teams could have REALLY helped with PSU for finding missions. That really was one of the biggest problems with PSU... So many different lobbies/worlds/areas that the population was spread too thin.

Not saying that it could have been solved in a different way, but a Team system would've really helped in my opinion...

SaiKo
Aug 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
Bloody Hell...
I ****ing hate guilds. Their existence tends to splinter the community into annoyingly insular groups in a rather unpleasant way...

This could potentially ruin the game for me. :-\

Rizen
Aug 26, 2011, 06:53 PM
True fact: Guilds/Clans/Groups/Etc existed in PSO, PSU, and still every MMO out there. Just because it isn't hard coded into a game doesn't mean they are not a part of the game. They will exist in forums, vents, MSN, yahoo, or any external outlet that people choose to improve communication within the game.

It's really funny watching people get bent out of shape over this over the word mention of a guild system. I will be quite frank and say that this community over the years has produced things far worse than a guild could ever make. Not saying this is a bad community, but serious take a min before rage responding to this.

"En"
Aug 26, 2011, 06:53 PM
My best team experience was on PSO. The team master would get online, totally drunk, and proceed to amuse all of us for hours, lawl.

I miss Spuz.

Kanashimi
Aug 26, 2011, 06:54 PM
Translation: some groups of people will be jerks whether they can talk about their jerk-ness in their own chat or not.

EDIT: I miss Spuz, too.

Tetsaru
Aug 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
True fact: Guilds/Clans/Groups/Etc existed in PSO, PSU, and still every MMO out there. Just because it isn't hard coded into a game doesn't mean they are not a part of the game. They will exist in forums, vents, MSN, yahoo, or any external outlet that people choose to improve communication within the game.

It's really funny watching people get bent out of shape over this over the word mention of a guild system. I will be quite frank and say that this community over the years has produced things far worse than a guild could ever make. Not saying this is a bad community, but serious take a min before rage responding to this.

This. I remember groups in PSU like La Familia who always macro'd their group name in public, I think there was an Arashikage(?) ninja clan, and I'm pretty sure there were others I can't remember atm... That, and a bunch of people did the whole "Cast Supremacy," "Beast women are the best," and "UBWAAAA!!!" memes too, so I guess in a sense, that also forms a sort of group mentality. Did it ruin the game? Not for me - Sega's poor management did - but I can see it being an issue with some people. I guess at that point, it's just a matter of finding the people you enjoy playing the game with, and avoiding the assholes/idiots/drama-llamas, etc., just like in real life and in any other online community.

Angelo
Aug 26, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think this is great news. I love guilds.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 02:42 AM
Tell me about the qualities of all the guilds Tetsaru :D *sits down with hot chocolate*

I like the idea but if we're stuck with section IDs based on our names (stupidest move ever sega, ugh) then it'll be like your best friend ending up in hufflepuff ;-:

I thought I was the only one who hated guilds in MMOs. And I don't really care for PvP either :/ I thought these games were about teamwork so why are people obsessed with beating the crap out of each other? it makes the balance all wonky to because it ends up like wow where people have pvp and pve talents trees, servers, characters etc o_O

I remember joining guilds before in games but whenever people work out I'm a girl I get free stuff thrown at me and it feels like cheating. I want to get stuff for myself. It's like buying a new video game and the first thing you do is enter cheats :/ why would people do that.
And I'm to nice to say no thank you ;__;

I used to play WoW (reluctantly) with my friends and we made a joke guild that I kept getting kicked out of/demoted because my brother's girlfriend hated me :D I'd rather live without the drama of some bitch thinking a guild is super super important :/

Tetsaru
Aug 27, 2011, 07:18 AM
Tell me about the qualities of all the guilds Tetsaru :D *sits down with hot chocolate*

Lol! ^^ Well, if it were up to me...

Redria: This would be the guild best suited for Hunters. It is founded on the beliefs that all people should work to make themselves stronger and be able to win any battle. Its members are often prideful and boastful, but are also among the best warriors around. Due to this nature, they often spur rivalries against other guilds, such as Viridia and Purplenum. Completing missions for Redria will allow you to gain access to unique Hunter weapons that cannot be earned any other way.

Oran: Members of Oran value versatility in combat, and being able to adapt to any situation. Their members are very expressive and artistic, making names for themselves due to their unique and personal styles. As such, they utilize various armor units that give them unique effects. They often work with members of Greenill, Pinkal, and Whitill to further customize and enhance their images.

Yellowboze: A guild with one thing in mind - making money. Yellowboze is full of merchants, peddlers, and gamblers looking to make a quick meseta though honest business or shady black market dealings. Anyone willing to help out members of this guild is sure to get a big payoff... if they don't mind doing some dirty work.

Greenill: Greenill is full of talented artisans and crafters, as well as brilliant scientists who constantly look for new innovations. They value progress, art, and technology, and incorporate these things into crafting various items. Those who are willing to help out will soon learn the secrets behind their crafts. Yellowboze and Greenill often have conflicts, such as funding for certain projects.

Viridia: - The Ranger-oriented guild, Viridia values being able to take out foes from afar quickly and accurately, and thus provides the best gun weaponry. Redria and Viridia often argue over whose warriors are more skilled.

Bluefull: One of the more modest and selfless guilds, Bluefull values being able to protect your fellow man. They have access to some of the best armor around. Members of Bluefull try to avoid conflict with other guilds, and often work together with Skyly.

Skyly: Skyly also focuses on helping others, but through the use of support magic. Members of Skyly are well-known for healing and caring for the injured, as well as playing pivotal roles in decisive battles, earning the respect of many.

Purplenum: The Force guild. Full of arcanists, scholars, mages, sages, wizards, warlocks, and witches, Purplenum values all knowledge over the magical properties of photons and their applications in combat. Redria and Viridia sometimes have rivalries with Purplenum, but Skyly's beliefs often clash the most with them - using magic to heal, rather than to harm.

Pinkal: One of the more oddball guilds, Pinkal values cosmetic aspects and beauty over all else. Many of Pinkal's members are often seen in makeover shops, hairdressers, and clothing stores. They may not have much to offer in terms of combat, but they'll at least make sure you look good doing it. Pinkal caters mostly to Oran, Whitill, and Grenill.

Whitill: Working in close association with Greenill, Whitill exclusively studies MAG technology and the bonds between MAG's and Guardians. Members of Oran and Pinkal greatly value Whitill's research due to the customizable nature of MAG's.

Whew, that took a while to think and type up. Time to go to bed now, lol... @_@

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 07:34 AM
Lmao thank you that was awesome <3 :P

Dinosaur
Aug 27, 2011, 07:54 AM
Things like Guilds are not forced upon gameplay. It's up to yourself to get involved in them or not.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Aug 27, 2011, 08:07 AM
Guilds will be a part of this game regardless if there's a function for it or not, and that's always been the case, (as others have stated).

For me personally, I like the idea of having an in game system for this. It will allow the people who want to set up a guild to do so and cut down on some of the drama that come's with not having an in game management system, such as other people claiming they're in said guild and trying to ruin a reputation ect (drama).

I generally avoid guilds myself since I tend to only run with my RL friends or people I've known for years online, but we've almost always created some kind of gimmick or "clan" to call ourselves (partially out of boredom mostly for creating stories for our characters) and having an option to add that officially in game would be nice.

P.S. @Tetsaru, yes it was Arashikage ^.-

Pillan
Aug 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
Things like Guilds are not forced upon gameplay. It's up to yourself to get involved in them or not.

As a note, they actually did provide game play advantages in PSO BB, which is probably why the reinstatement of such a system inspires such a revolt. If they are not forced upon game play (e.g., no guild exclusive quests this time), then it will not be an issue.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2011, 09:41 AM

I like the idea but if we're stuck with section IDs based on our names (stupidest move ever sega, ugh) then it'll be like your best friend ending up in hufflepuff ;-:

I thought I was the only one who hated guilds in MMOs. And I don't really care for PvP either :/ I thought these games were about teamwork so why are people obsessed with beating the crap out of each other? it makes the balance all wonky to because it ends up like wow where people have pvp and pve talents trees, servers, characters etc o_O

I remember joining guilds before in games but whenever people work out I'm a girl I get free stuff thrown at me and it feels like cheating. I want to get stuff for myself. It's like buying a new video game and the first thing you do is enter cheats :/ why would people do that.
And I'm to nice to say no thank you ;__;

I used to play WoW (reluctantly) with my friends and we made a joke guild that I kept getting kicked out of/demoted because my brother's girlfriend hated me :D I'd rather live without the drama of some bitch thinking a guild is super super important :/

Ya know, I never really understood why people would do that, honestly. I mean, based on gender alone.

I practically throw all the neat stuff around and give myself the lesser stuff, just to help out people and try and spread the wealth around. Then, I get to myself and all the wealth....is nowhere to be found. XD

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hey I don't need to be a girl.

I get free stuff for being me.

GCoffee
Aug 27, 2011, 11:26 AM
Free kicks don't count.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2011, 11:47 AM
Free kicks don't count.

Oh, then I'll continue kicking you anyway.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hey I don't need to be a girl.

I get free stuff for being me.

*gives hot chocolate*

:3

Ark22
Aug 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
HOT CHOCOLATE GUILD! I see it now

RedRaz0r
Aug 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
Guilds are good and bad.

Good: Guilds give people a group of people to play with regularly, rather than playing with randoms all the time.

Bad: Kids/elitists. 'nuff said.

I already have a PSO2 guild going with people that I've been running with since PSO, then through PSU, and moving on to PSO2. Links in the sig if you want awesome people to play with ;)

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
*gives hot chocolate*

:3

YEAH!

/quadruple high five

Noel Vermillion
Aug 27, 2011, 01:39 PM
I love your sig :p

but I'm not gonna be a hot chocolate dispenser okay c;

tehhaxorer
Aug 27, 2011, 02:11 PM
I am a bit surprised to see a lot of guild hate. I have never seen guilds as a big problem in any other MMO I have played. In my experience they have only been a way to meet other players to be friends with and to have a consistent playgroup.

:shrugs:

Vashyron
Aug 27, 2011, 02:21 PM
It seems we need a dispenser here. (http://youtu.be/l8hNRNQF-bM)

On Guilds in game, I rarely join any, if ever. I kinda don't like being 'affiliated' with a certain group if I don't need to be.
If PSO2 needs certain things to be in a Guild, I'll probably join one. (Depending on what those are.) Not much of a downside otherwise to me as I often play with random people and meet new friends that way.
Though using guild chat is a bit better than mail or whispers, but I don't have a problem with sending those.

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2011, 02:34 PM
I never give females free stuff just because they're females. That's stupid, and shows that the party is question is overly desperate for female attention.

As for guilds in PSO2, I won't be in one. They start too much drama. Always have, always will.

"En"
Aug 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
Guilds are good and bad.

Bad: Kids/elitists. 'nuff said.

Undesirables will be present in the game regardless of whether or not a Guild system is present. If anything, a Guild system will collect the aforementioned undesirables into a few select groups, making it easier for us to know who we shouldn't be playing with. Kind of like a brand label.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why this would be a bad thing.

Pik
Aug 27, 2011, 03:16 PM
My two cents....

A game that has a guild system, but only allows 4 players in most of their missions is just going to cause alot of problems. I think that you all can use you imaginations and figure out the large amount of drama it will cause.

Zynetic
Aug 27, 2011, 03:25 PM
Will it?

If anything, it would be easier to find a party, and multiple people to talk to at once, even if you're doing different things ingame. Also, even if Guilds weren't in the game, it might still cause the kind of drama you're thinking of, as I've known people who get mad because they're not invited to a game (usually because it's full).

Kanashimi
Aug 27, 2011, 04:15 PM
even if Guilds weren't in the game, it might still cause the kind of drama you're thinking of

There will always be groups of five friends who all want to play together and can't, guilds or no. D;

Another thing I thought of: guilds are awesome ways to meet people. I met a lot of my brother's friends solely because we ended up in the same team, where I would've only heard about them secondhand otherwise. Got a lot of good games out of that. ;D

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2011, 04:29 PM
See, the problem here is that people are going to have their experiences to back them up a majority of the time, and, let's face it, there will be an endless amount of support for both sides.

It's like trying to move a mountain.

Sans Dynamite.

....Ok, bring in the brain tank from Psychonauts. We'll blow that mountain up with our minds.

Masterflower
Aug 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
Since I can solo the world in the realm of Phantasy Star, Who needs a silly old guild. :P

yoshiblue
Aug 27, 2011, 08:55 PM
I don't make girl characters for free stuff. I make them to troll the youngsters and the unknowing.

Be a man, make manly characters!!! In my case, laid back characters are the way to go.

Lacen
Aug 27, 2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure if I'm gonna join up with any guild or not. I usually just go where ever my feet take me and help out those in need regardless of who they are or where they come from. I enjoy meeting new people and playing with friends old and new. For me, if I do decide to join a guild... It's gonna be a group that's fun and goes around helping out various people especially new players. I've always kinda brought it upon myself to do that sort of thing during my time on PC/PS2 (EN) PSU. I don't really care about being the strongest or being the best. I don't even care about big name groups or popular players either. I'll just continue to do what I do best. Be myself, play with other people and help them out if I can and just have fun. But yeah, if anyone wants to play with me in the future, please let me know. I'll support you and do what I can to back you up! =P Atleast all of you know one guy that won't back down from a fight and be your buddy on PSO2. I'm so looking forward to all of this. I hope everyone else is too. =]

Lacen, out!

moorebounce
Aug 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
I don't have a problem with Teams or Guilds after playing Blue Burst. If you are a good player you'll get picked up by one eventually. Team or Guild members don't always play with only their teammates. You show them you're a good player they'll get you on. You either get rares for free or at a discount being on teams or guilds. They would even go on quests to help you find rares.

The only people I see having a problem getting on a team or guild is bad players who have issues with playing as a team.

Serephim
Aug 28, 2011, 12:48 PM
i never really cared. It's a neat concept to have, though.

Kazzi
Aug 28, 2011, 12:53 PM
I like being in a guild, I loved being in a team on Blue Burst, so if they bring that feature over I'd take advantage of it.

Alnet
Aug 28, 2011, 02:43 PM
If it makes it easier to play the game in a party, I'll participate in this sort of thing. Plus it helps meet new people, which if it turns out to work disadvantageously, means I should just find a new group.

It's not the end of the world if I can't find a guild that I like, though. Chances are there will be many other freelancers running around for similar reasons, so I'll just hang out with them. I doubt somehow that the guild system will be so integrated into the game that it'll be impossible to play if you don't have one.

Orochinagi
Aug 29, 2011, 11:38 PM
Traditional original guilds are supposed to be a positive thing and is 9 times out of 10 created by a groups of friends that play the game(s) together and made a unified name for themselves. Its all about what you make out of it. If you don't like one that you may have joined, leave it. Its not the Illuminati (unless of course that IS the guild name). Honesty, mine was created based on the premise that many of the ppl in a previous guild I was in disliked being in a guild (Ragol Knights from PSO, a very popular and respected guild) anymore. We believed that it became too controlled and strayed away from what the meaning of being in a guild was all about. But that was just a matter of a common OPINION. I never talk down on other guilds, but I have experienced that many of them have a false assumption that to run one you must be "militant". They have ranks, classes, chess pieces(lol) and all kinds of things. Some ppl may enjoy it because they have pride in "self-made" acheivements (like TA), while others feel boxed in, don't like the requirements to join (websites, giving up things, restrictions), want to play other games as well and/or don't want to play that competitively. There isn't anything wrong with these things if you like them. For some, it even gives them a wanted sense of direction.The easiest ones to fit in are social guilds, either way, most of the time guilds have the same exact problems that unnamed groups of friends have, not much difference. In many ways, guilds represent todays society, goverment and media. This can be a pos or negative. Great things can come from guilds as well. After all pretty much ALL of our nations were created by "guilds" of sorts. You may be a part of a guild and not even know it. I kinda look at those guys that post here about their TA journeys as a guild. They gotta work together, help each other out, and make that goal. I think its pretty badass. But its absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to be in a guild, it isn't for everyone. You have to get in where you fit in.

Arkios
Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 AM
I've always liked guilds for the chat features. If there is no perk to joining a guild, then I don't really have any reason to since it looks like this game will have whisper/tells, so I can just chat with people that way.

Sparzyle
Aug 30, 2011, 12:53 AM
I'm ok with the guild system, I have to say that in PSOBB always preffer to play with random people than my team partners because I was new on the team so they were already close friends and higher level than me so they never paid much attention to me.
btw Elitists ruins all.

p.s:sorry if I had grammatical errors :B I don't speak english and I'm new around PSOW

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2011, 01:49 PM
I sure hope this game has guilds. My friends and I made a guild mostly made for people who like Touhou, but anyone was allowed to join ^^. It made it much easier to communicate, too.

I really can't think of a time where I had a problem with any elitist guilds, though.