PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Should i even start?

Kaju122
Aug 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
I used to play on the pc/ps2 servers... Ive currently been playing Psp2... i want to start on xbox, but my fear is that I'll feel like im downgrading abd wasting my money. My question is: is it even worth it to start on xbox?

Shou
Aug 26, 2011, 09:09 PM
If you are trying to fulfill a craving for PSU, I would join JP. Even if you only play for a little while, you will have access to tons of content Xbox will never see, even things past Psp2.

Kaju122
Aug 26, 2011, 09:13 PM
i tried jppsu ): too laggy, and i dont think i could stomach playing a game that long and not understand it.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 26, 2011, 09:31 PM
If you don't play JP I wouldn't even start at all.

Pob
Aug 27, 2011, 02:26 AM
I said I'd never play PSU again after the PC/PS2 servers shutdown, but couldn't resist coming back for the /R missions :). We never had those on the PC.

There's still a lot of people playing. As with any community, some are very nice, some are idiots... I suppose the worst thing is the amount of time it takes to level your PAs again.

Considering PSO2 is in development, it might be worth waiting for that anyway. I agree with you about playing a game entirely in Japanese though. :)

Red*
Aug 27, 2011, 02:32 AM
all you have to do on JP is to learn a bit katakanas to know what you get (drops). Its not that difficult, when you play a lot maybe 1month you ge tthe basics. On JP you have more events, more EXP boosted missions and all new GAM mission. And i think its much easyer to start there because you can get with less meseta a decent equipment to play.

Edit: and its free, no monthly fee with Free Course

x Incubus Leo x
Aug 27, 2011, 03:09 AM
If you want to play PSU we're mostly where the PC/PS2 servers left off on. then I say go ahead and join. from what you already know about PSU it should make it easier for you. I rather be on the Xbox servers then the JP servers because thats my pace. I'm not one to look at the Xbox servers then compare them to the JP servers saying "Oh my god! they got some much more than the Xbox one!" then move over. No, Its all about whatever make you happy as a person. so don't let nobody decide for you.

black savage
Aug 29, 2011, 12:57 AM
you just mad cause psu rocks and true fans of psu no matter if scammers or anything like that would play big deal no new skins looks don't kill on that game tp and atp does

Scarlet_Starlet
Aug 29, 2011, 08:26 AM
You should come along and start! If you just played one character until PSO2 then you'd probably have it capped in the next event :D Me and my friends are ex PC/PS2 and myself and one friend now have 4 capped characters, my other friend has 3 and is working on the 4th.

Noyo
Aug 31, 2011, 02:10 PM
Go for it, It's quite good xbox, there's mean people and good but yea.
There's a event soon on xbox 360 so better start playing now lol
You know how long it is for sega to bring out events one every 3months lol

Shou
Aug 31, 2011, 04:00 PM
The next even Xbox should get is MAX.
Just being honest but:
MAX is boring, gives meh exp, and will be filled with re-skinned weapons (mostly a ranks).
(I got from about lvl 100-173 during that event on JP but at least all the new weapons were unique and the lobbies were filled with fan submitted artwork)

bloodflowers
Aug 31, 2011, 08:38 PM
The recent announcements surrounding the large amount of content missing from the xbox servers really ripped the heart out of the community and signed the death certificate of the game for many of us.

Try JP or not at all, in my opinion - unless you already have time invested in the sinking ship.

Kaju122
Aug 31, 2011, 09:27 PM
Meh. I'll think about it.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 PM
The recent announcements surrounding the large amount of content missing from the xbox servers really ripped the heart out of the community and signed the death certificate of the game for many of us.

Try JP or not at all, in my opinion - unless you already have time invested in the sinking ship.

this. In fact, it's my death warrant with Sega. Im in love with PSO2 right now, but the moment it starts slacking updates, im finished with it. Im not paying to play another game of swords on the Titanic.

Scarlet_Starlet
Aug 31, 2011, 10:24 PM
It never bothered me.

Kaju122
Aug 31, 2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think so. I HATE the idea of missing out on content. even if it's "little stuff". I feel like i'll have alot more fun with the portables.

Kizer497
Aug 31, 2011, 11:49 PM
Its totally up to u bro. Im sure u heard what is going on on the xbox server so think about that before u start.

Delete
Sep 1, 2011, 06:37 AM
I've said it countless times and I'll say it again...PSU was one of my greatest online experiences I've ever played. Push away the whole "I wanna update every week or 2" complaints you hear all the time and this game was amazing. I would love to get back into it if I had the time, but I've moved on....not because it sucks.....it will always be a fun game.

Oh and the Graphics are amazing.......okay I'm sorry....had to toss in one joke.

Kizer497
Sep 1, 2011, 01:36 PM
I've said it countless times and I'll say it again...PSU was one of my greatest online experiences I've ever played. Push away the whole "I wanna update every week or 2" complaints you hear all the time and this game was amazing. I would love to get back into it if I had the time, but I've moved on....not because it sucks.....it will always be a fun game.

Oh and the Graphics are amazing.......okay I'm sorry....had to toss in one joke.
lmao!

Kizer497
Sep 1, 2011, 01:41 PM
The next even Xbox should get is MAX.
Just being honest but:
MAX is boring, gives meh exp, and will be filled with re-skinned weapons (mostly a ranks).
(I got from about lvl 100-173 during that event on JP but at least all the new weapons were unique and the lobbies were filled with fan submitted artwork)
That makes me want to play the jp ver. but the only problem I have is that i cant speak nor read Japanese, so until i find a English patch or something, not gonna play it. It dose sound hella better than the xbox ver though. lol

Caiterz
Sep 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
How is this "meh" experience? http://psupedia.info/Twisting_Labyrinth
vs the only mission anyone ever plays... http://psupedia.info/White_Beast

and how will we "never see that content ever"?

We got AoTI. we got MOATOOB. OMG we were nevar gunna get those!

We even got some GC... for free!

My Prophecy of Moatoob, a weapon i got for FREE, is better than any other wand out there!

Sure theres not a new event every month, but in what MMO does?

either

a.) Play it and enjoy it
b.) MOVE ALONG, SOLDIER.

its 10$ a month to try it on xbox, and you get to READ EVERYTHING :OOOOOOOOOOO

If you dont like it/get bored, cancel and be on your way.

bloodflowers
Sep 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
and how will we "never see that content ever"?

We got AoTI. we got MOATOOB. OMG we were nevar gunna get those!

We even got some GC... for free!

My Prophecy of Moatoob, a weapon i got for FREE, is better than any other wand out there!

Sure theres not a new event every month, but in what MMO does?

Answers:

It should be obvious to anyone by now that 'unique' content is the game plan. The more of it we see, the harder it would be to return to content that resembles Japan in terms of effort expended by Sonic Team to bring it to us. Sonic Team not wanting to put the effort in is what got us where we are now.

That Prophecy Of Moatoob that you got FREE is not as good as the non-GC also FREE one we were supposed to have got.

I do know of a MMO which gets events or major content every month. It's PSU, in Japan.

Kaju122
Sep 1, 2011, 04:00 PM
I cant handle the lag of the JP version xD

Caiterz
Sep 1, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sure theres not a new event every month, but in what English MMO does?

Ok, i stand corrected.

Ezodagrom
Sep 1, 2011, 10:51 PM
While the 360 servers are like 1 year and half or so behind the JP servers when it comes to updates, even the JP servers feel like a downgrade when compared to the portable series.
The JP servers are getting new areas and photon arts from both Portable 2 and Portable 2 Infinity, but it's still the same old enemies and the same old bosses.

Miyavi-sensei
Sep 2, 2011, 11:49 PM
When it comed down to it all that matters is if your having fun, Xbox PSU can be fun cause you can be in a party chat with friends and just goof around and whatnot dont worry about content theres plenty.