PDA

View Full Version : Role-Play The Lost Planet

Deciton_Reven
Aug 27, 2011, 07:43 PM
Disclaimer: This Roleplay does not happen in any of the known cannons of the Phantasy Star Universe. Some characters might not fit, or might have to be reworked to fit the Roleplay.

The Zenith, a large interstellar ship, whose purpose is to transport Hunter cadets to foreign planets so that they may be tested. Aboard this particular transport are both field and academy cadets, in a new program. Instead of being assigned to three man teams these cadets are encouraged to form their own teams of up to four, or work solo if they choose.

The Zenith is currently on the surface of the planet Paetes, with exactly 24 hours until mission assignments. Many cadets begin to scramble as they realize they have not found a team or one of their planned team members have already been taken.

Welcome players to "Phantasy Star: The Lost Planet Roleplay". Below this paragraph you can find useful information about this universe.

Ctrl+F to tldr if you don't want to read lots and lots of text.

Races and Classes
[SPOILER-BOX]In this universe, human, numin, cast, and beast all exist. Casts range from very robotic to barely noticeable on the appearance scale. While Beast have two major types; 'Royal' Beasts, who have fair skin, light hair, soft features, and slender bodies, and 'Wild' Beasts, who are more akin to PSU Beasts, with tanned skin, dark hair, animal-like features, and built, muscular bodies. There isn't partner machinery, but there are MAGs, however, how they level and evolve is slightly different. There are seven possible classes, as they are listed below.

>Hunter- The most basic class. The have the most balanced of stats and generally excel at melee, however, they can use small arms and some techniques.
>>Warrior- The Strongest of the classes. They have high attack and defense values, but are lacking in accuracy and evasion. They can use any melee weapons, but cannot use guns or techniques.
>Sniper- Closer to the classic Ranger. Snipers do poorly in melee, and are not very capable technique users. They do, however, have the highest accuracy stat, and can use any gun-type weapon.
>>Ranger- This ranger is more of a scout class. They do fair in melee, ranged, and technique usage. They are the only class that can wield both a saber and handgun at the same time.
>Force- The best class for Technique users, and the only class capable of learning Megid. Their physical stats are low so be careful.
>>Bishop- A capable technique user. They are also moderately good in melee combat. They cannot use any gun-type weapons.
>>Rogue- The speedster class. They can use most light weaponry (daggers, handguns, wands, ect), and can use many techniques. Despite having the greatest evasion and combat speed, overall, their stats are only moderate, at best. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Places and Creatures
[SPOILER-BOX]Zenith- The base of operations on Paetes. Using a telepipe or Ryuker will bring you here. The Shops and the Medical Wing may prove to be important. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Player Sheets and NPC information
[SPOILER-BOX]I don't have any players yet. *sad face*[/SPOILER-BOX]

MAGs
[SPOILER-BOX]Mag- The most basic mag. A colored sphere with a small light. [/SPOILER-BOX]

The story so far
[SPOILER-BOX]New guy has joined; he made an RP.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Technique list (Currently only the PSO techniques are confirmed)
[SPOILER-BOX]Foie- Basic fire technique. Launches a firebal at a single target.
Gifoie- Mid level fire technique. Causes flames to dance around the caster.
Rafoie- Advanced fire technique. Creates a large explosion to damage multiple enemies.
Barta- Basic ice technique. Creates a freezing mist that rolls along the ground, it can pass through enemies.
Gibarta- Mid level ice technique. Fires a spray of ice shards to attack enemies to the front.
Rabarta- Advanced ice technique. Instantly freezes the air around the user.
Zonde- Basic thunder technique. Zaps an enemy with a lightening bolt.
Gizonde- Mid level thunder technique. Launches a bolt that will chain to other nearby targets.
Razonde- Advanced thunder technique. Fills the air around the user with electricity.
Megid- A dark technique. Launches a sphere that might fell any living thing it touches.
Grants- A light technique. Causes a powerful light to erupt from beneath the target.
Ryuker- A support technique. Will take your team back to the Zenith.
Resta- A healing technique. Heals most wounds. Will not mend bones, or fully restore major internal wounds.
Anti- A healing technique. Cures status aliments.
Reverser- A healing technique. Restores an ally back to conciseness. It does not raise the dead.

Incer (STAT)- Increases the STAT of a character, or team.
Dowla (STAT)- Reduces the STAT of an enemy, or group.[/SPOILER-BOX]

tldr (pay no heed if you read the spoilers): There are seven classes. If you want to be a Hunter write 'Hunter', for Force choose "Force", and Rangers probably want "Sniper" and not "Ranger". All four races are cool in my book.

Character Sheet:

Name: (necessary)
Race: (necessary)
Class: (necessary)
Mag: (GM supplied)
Section ID: (GM supplied)
Equipment: (choose a weapon that suits you or leave blank for GM supplied)
General Appearance: (optional)
Background: (optional)
Other: (mostly GM supplied, unless you want something here.)

If this is too complex, or hard to understand, or undesirable, or vague even, let me know, and I'll fix it. I really don't mind.

Seth Astra
Aug 27, 2011, 11:26 PM
I originally plannned to do something like this (albeit on a much larger, more complicated scale) a while back. I can't say it went over well enough. However, I'll give this a shot, since I really like this idea... Tomorrow. Or whenever my headache goes away and I can think straight enough to write up my character, who will, as typical, have more detail than I'd ever need. Also, I must suggest you list all the techniques that exist in-universe. Or just state if it's the same ones as any particular game.

Deciton_Reven
Aug 28, 2011, 09:07 AM
As per your suggestion, a technique list has been added. They are just the PSO techniques with two notable exceptions.

Incer (STAT) is a generic name for any buffer technique, while Dowla (STAT) is a generic name for any debuffer technique. Neither with probably see much use, as this isn't a stat based game, but if they do, real names like Shifta and Deband will be added for the various stats.

And, please take as much time as you need to post your character. Fully developed characters are really a joy to read. ^_^