PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl needs to be dainty!

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 02:53 PM
I'm really hoping FOmarl gets back her dainty walk from PSO. I was watching videos of her running and it's like everyone else! Really hard and too much movement and bending of her legs.

My goodness, could YOU run like that in such a binding, frilly, adorable skirt? I much prefer her tippy toe cutesy run with her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance herself, fight, and look stylish all at the same time!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/news/08-16-11/pso2-fomarl-concept.jpg

MasterSpark
Aug 28, 2011, 02:57 PM
The option to customise your walking and running animation wouldn't be a bad idea, eh? :-P

I agree with you, though -- the samey running that the characters shared in PSU was boring when thinking back to PSO and the different animations between classes it had.

Angelo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
I will miss the FOmarl animations.

They were definitely my favorite of the female classes in PSO.

Give me dainty and demure over sultry and tough (HUnewearl) any day.

•Col•
Aug 28, 2011, 03:03 PM
Totally agree.

I think the idea of customizing your Walking/Combat(bitch-slapping FOmar and Gangstah shooting RAmarl) styles in PSO2 would be great.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:05 PM
WE'RE SOLDIERS NOW DEAL WITH IT.

Otherwise give me my pants and jackets back. ]:

Zipzo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
I'm really hoping FOmarl gets back her dainty walk from PSO. I was watching videos of her running and it's like everyone else! Really hard and too much movement and bending of her legs.

My goodness, could YOU run like that in such a binding, frilly, adorable skirt? I much prefer her tippy toe cutesy run with her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance herself, fight, and look stylish all at the same time!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/news/08-16-11/pso2-fomarl-concept.jpgI actually strongly disagree. I like that the FOmarl doesn't move like a prissy stay-at-home wife now. I will be rolling a FOmarl come this games release.

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:18 PM
I actually strongly disagree. I like that the FOmarl doesn't move like a prissy stay-at-home wife now. I will be rolling a FOmarl come this games release.

It's what made her unique. You have other tough female characters and you have the FOmarl. Not all female characters need to shy away from daintyness.

Zipzo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
It's what made her unique. You have other tough female characters and you have the FOmarl. Not all female characters need to shy away from daintyness.
You speak like you're the one that gets to decide the concept of the FOmarl? It's their ball, and they can do whatever they want with it.

If they don't want the FOmarl to be "dainty" she won't be. I played a FOmarl back in regular PSO, and if you ask me, the stupid "dainty" walk you speak of was awful in PSO. It was incredibly too stiff looking, it added no life to the characters movement. A lot less than the other characters, that is.

You're just going to have to accept that your opinion is hardly universally shared.

Angelo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:24 PM
a prissy stay-at-home wife now.

But that was the appeal!

To be honest I think if they had more time/resources we'd be getting different animations. I don't think the fact that a FOmarl moves the same as a FOnewearl, or HUnewearl is necessarily a design choice as much as it's born out of necessity.

If we do get animation choices, like DCUO, I'll be thrilled.

Zipzo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:25 PM
But that was the appeal!No way, dude. I like that my FOmarl in this game is going to be a bad-ass tech-warrior instead.

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
You speak like you're the one that gets to decide the concept of the FOmarl? It's their ball, and they can do whatever they want with it.

If they don't want the FOmarl to be "dainty" she won't be. I played a FOmarl back in regular PSO, and if you ask me, the stupid "dainty" walk you speak of was awful in PSO. It was incredibly too stiff looking, it added no life to the characters movement. A lot less than the other characters, that is.

You're just going to have to accept that your opinion is hardly universally shared.

Reooow. Your opinion, by the responses in this thread so far, isn't universally shared either.

•Col•
Aug 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
The way FOmarl walks when charging a tech makes me wince. :(

It looks so bad......

Serephim
Aug 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
Unfortunally all the animations seem to be PSU-ized.

Nothing seems unique between the classes. Which is a damn shame.

Angelo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:31 PM
No way, dude. I like that my FOmarl in this game is going to be a bad-ass tech-warrior instead.

Well regardless of how macho or feminine you want the class to be, I think everyone can agree that animation choices for all classes would be a step in the right direction. It'd be something akin to this:

0:09 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDmlwpSeZY

Rika-chan
Aug 28, 2011, 03:33 PM
The FOmarl animation for running was unique, but yeah, they really could've made it better. Choosing the running animation would be cool, though.

Zipzo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:39 PM
Reooow. Your opinion, by the responses in this thread so far, isn't universally shared either.
It's shared by the team making the game, which is the only group of people I need to share my opinion.

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:40 PM
It's shared by the team making the game, which is the only group of people I need to share my opinion.

I don't know what you're talking about if you look at the concept pictures how "bad ass" you want her to be. She's wearing a frilly skirt for goodness sake lol.

Angelo
Aug 28, 2011, 03:42 PM

As I said before, I don't think it's really a design choice since all characters share the same animations like PSU. I think if they did have the time they'd all have different animations like FOnewm having a 'fancy walk', FOnewearl having some obnoxious 'loli walk', HUcaseal having a stealthy 'ninja run', etc.

I don't know what you're talking about if you look at the concept pictures how "bad ass" you want her to be. She's wearing a frilly skirt for goodness sake lol.

You also have to note though that Race/Class is not restricted to clothing. So if Drayk wanted to make a FOmarl dressed in RAmarl combat gear, it's possible. Animation options would be ideal.

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
As I said before, I don't think it's really a design choice since all characters share the same animations like PSU. I think if they did have the time they'd all have different animations like FOnewm having a 'fancy walk', FOnewearl having some obnoxious 'loli walk', HUcaseal having a stealthy 'ninja run', etc.

You also have to note though that Race/Class is not restricted to clothing. So if Drayk wanted to make a FOmarl dressed in RAmarl combat gear, it's possible. Animation options would be ideal.

Thanks Angelo! Good post.

Palle
Aug 28, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm sure they will throw in a 24-hour 'Classic FOmarl' Animation and Emote Coupon for 300 Arcs Cash.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
You're all stupid, this whole thread is just gonna be a branch off from that argument about how we have awesome customization. But it's not awesome enough, but if it's made more awesome people will bitch about it.

•Col•
Aug 28, 2011, 04:01 PM
As I said before, I don't think it's really a design choice since all characters share the same animations like PSU.

Hate it. And I just realized it. Having the same attack animations for every class for every race for every weapons makes you feel bland.

I really hope they at least differ the animations between the 3 main classes... And even then I know I'm hoping for too much.

But seriously though, FOmarl charging a tech makes her look like she just has to take a poop really bad. It's not badass at all.

Ecchi
Aug 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
You're all stupid, this whole thread is just gonna be a branch off from that argument about how we have awesome customization. But it's not awesome enough, but if it's made more awesome people will bitch about it.

Thats why I dont talk to half the idiots here lolol just read and entertain myself xD

BlackCosmic
Aug 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd63EDuUT4

2:33-2:54

Serephim
Aug 28, 2011, 04:35 PM

It's less about customization and more about diversity. I was hoping each class would look differently (like Fonewm jester casting animations, Fomar acrobatic casting animations, Hunewearl/Hucaseal dagger animations, ect), but it seems they went the PSU route with making an animation that works for everybody...which is quite disappointing.

LynxSarnage
Aug 28, 2011, 04:48 PM
Blackcosmic...totally agree! XD

Randomness
Aug 28, 2011, 04:58 PM
I would love to have animation set options. Though, this would have to apply mainly to walk/run, emotes, poses, etc. In PSO, some weapons were less useful on some classes due to different attack animations... I'm not sure we necessarily want that... unless we just decide everything is more or less a PA and have different styles to choose from for weapons in a similar vein to different PAs. (Though, since we can apparently link PAs to each other, this might not be a bad idea. We could have sword animations that chain overheads, or sweeping... or just make everything a PA)

sugarFO
Aug 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
Highschool Of The Dead Episode 2 (English Dubbed) Part [2/2] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd63EDuUT4)

LOL!!!

Oh my gosh I died laughing...

Dinosaur
Aug 28, 2011, 06:08 PM
Female walk/run animations in PSO were horrible. They literally moved like wooden sticks

I would love to have animation set options. Though, this would have to apply mainly to walk/run, emotes, poses, etc. In PSO, some weapons were less useful on some classes due to different attack animations... I'm not sure we necessarily want that... unless we just decide everything is more or less a PA and have different styles to choose from for weapons in a similar vein to different PAs. (Though, since we can apparently link PAs to each other, this might not be a bad idea. We could have sword animations that chain overheads, or sweeping... or just make everything a PA)

From what it looks like, everyone has the same battle animations.

chrisy05
Aug 28, 2011, 06:15 PM
If it's any consolation, all the female characters have that dainty pose as their idle stance by default. However, I absolutely despise it, and would also welcome the ability to customize character animations as we see fit.

Zipzo
Aug 28, 2011, 06:36 PM
Highschool Of The Dead Episode 2 (English Dubbed) Part [2/2] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd63EDuUT4)

Hey is that anime any good? I was intrigued. Off-topic, I know.

Female walk/run animations in PSO were horrible. They literally moved like wooden sticks

A thousand friggin' times this. This is exactly what I meant.

I much would prefer the new running animation (which is pretty cool looking in its own right) be universal than have the FOmarl class be "unique" by looking like a cardboard cut out trying to sprint.

BlackCosmic
Aug 28, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hey is that anime any good? I was intrigued. Off-topic, I know.

A thousand friggin' times this. This is exactly what I meant.

I much would prefer the new running animation (which is pretty cool looking in its own right) be universal than have the FOmarl class be "unique" by looking like a cardboard cut out trying to sprint.
I enjoyed it, debating on reading the manga,and its only 12ep's. still hoping for a season 2 tho.

Angelo
Aug 28, 2011, 06:56 PM

From what it looks like, everyone has the same battle animations.

Uh... the majority of walk/run animations in PSO were horrible. HUmars looked constipated.

Serephim
Aug 28, 2011, 07:12 PM
I didn't care. The fact that the classes had different animations was the best part, though.

But now it looks like, once again, the only difference between classes will be stats and skills >: /

Bonko specifially commented on the Ramarl's gun animations, but they dont seem to be any different than anyone elses. And if hers isn't different..nobody is

yoshiblue
Aug 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
So it like PSU's running? Lame sauce. Better have weak half arsed saber swinging. Would be cool to do manly skips while jumping.

•Col•
Aug 28, 2011, 07:54 PM
Uh... the majority of walk/run animations in PSO were horrible. HUmars looked constipated.

^This.

Pretty much EVERY animation(non-attacking) looked clunky.

I prefer unique clunky, bad looking animations to 1 universal one that looks decent.

And again.... I DARE ANYONE TRY TO DEFEND THE CHARGING TECH ANIMATION FOR FOMARL. IT LOOKS FAR WORSE THAN ANYTHING THAT WAS IN PSO/U.

yoshiblue
Aug 28, 2011, 08:11 PM
Next thing you know, FOnewmens will do pelvis thrust animations

Arkios
Aug 28, 2011, 09:18 PM
Next thing you know, FOnewmens will do pelvis thrust animations

I'm OK with this...

Dinosaur
Aug 28, 2011, 10:00 PM
For all we know, they may be just be holding back the animations until full release

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 28, 2011, 10:01 PM
honestly, I never really liked FOmarl. I try to like her but every time I try I always had this deep dislike for FOmarl. idk. I guess it's because I always used FOnewearl as a Melee Force for such a long time. then found out her max ATP in October last year. I hated FOmarl ever since.

Drama aside, I would prefer animation choices. 8-)

Kion
Aug 28, 2011, 10:56 PM
It would definitely be nice to have different animations based on the class. Even if you didn't like them in PSO, it definitely helped to make each class unique and memorable (RAmarl handguns anyone). I think the developers are busy putting the whole game together and trying to make every class work with every weapon, but if they paid attention to detail and threw in a little variation it would make a world of difference.

yoshiblue
Aug 28, 2011, 11:56 PM
I'm OK with this...

For the record, I didn't mean it to be a bad thing.

BioWarrior
Aug 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
Well.... As far as lobby animations go they did say in the alpha they were temporarily reusing PSU's, maybe it's the same situation for movement where it's just a placeholder by having all classes the same.

Kent
Aug 29, 2011, 12:08 AM
One of the things about PSO that differentiated classes quite a bit was their various attack animations, that made them more or less efficient with specific weapon types. For example, the standard male attack animation for Sabers was much better than the standard female one, due to the step back at the end of it. Similarly, FOmarls had one of the better animation strings for using Slicers.

I'm going to miss the variety in attack animations for different weapon types, but I don't know how much of a difference it'd make in a game this much faster-paced. It would be interesting though to be able to get the opportunity to "specialize" in a weapon type or two, and get a different attack animation for it.

Give me dainty and demure over sultry and tough (HUnewearl) any day.
How about dainty and sultry, or tough and demure?

yoshiblue
Aug 29, 2011, 12:12 AM
Games need more tough demure women. I'm kinda getting tired of the "OMG that woman is saving the world with a chain mail bikini!!!" ordeal.

Serephim
Aug 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
I had to look up the word "demure".

Yeah, i agree. Chainmail bikini is just so ridiculously lame anyway. And most of the female heroes in anime have this whole "untainted beauty" thing going on, that's just really stupid.

And these days, "REALISTIC" and "DEEP" for a female character is simply one that breaks down and bawls her bitch eyes out at every single scratch and scary situation she encounters. It's funny how that never happens to the male leads.

Im looking at you, Metroid: Other M. There isnt a thesaurus on the planet that can help me find an adjective for how bad that game was.

I mean it was baadddddd.

BioWarrior
Aug 29, 2011, 12:42 AM
Im looking at you, Metroid: Other M. There isnt a thesaurus on the planet that can help me find an adjective for how bad that game was.

I mean it was baadddddd.

Yet people thought nothing could be worse than fusion and cried over it being linear. Other M took it to a whole new level. It's all cause the other M director decided Prime wasn't canon when it's the best in the series after super.

FOkyasuta
Aug 29, 2011, 12:56 AM
Most people: Good Looking Clothes > Armor

Good People: Armor >>>>>>> Clothes

The so called l33t: Good Looking Armor & Benefits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Clothes

Porkspect
Aug 29, 2011, 02:01 AM
Most people: Good Looking Clothes > Armor

Good People: Armor >>>>>>> Clothes

The so called l33t: Good Looking Armor & Benefits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Clothes

you: making post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> making relevant post

HeartBreak301
Aug 29, 2011, 02:09 AM
I prefer the run they have now.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 29, 2011, 04:33 AM
I'm 100% sure that those animations are final and the same for every race/class.

This is because you can make a HUmarl wearing FOmarl clothes or a FOmar wearing FOnewm clothes etc.

It would be hard to change that :/ although I do like the idea of different walk animations like we have voices :]

Ark22
Aug 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
I'm 100% sure that those animations are final and the same for every race/class.

This is because you can make a HUmarl wearing FOmarl clothes or a FOmar wearing FOnewm clothes etc.

It would be hard to change that :/ although I do like the idea of different walk animations like we have voices :]

Ah, Saints Row. =) I had the hustlin walk B)

moorebounce
Aug 29, 2011, 09:37 AM
We might get lucky and get the right running animations for all the characters. I like everything I seen so far and never once thought that much about the running animations.

Tyreek
Aug 29, 2011, 11:28 AM
Strange. I was under the impression the PSU animations were placeholders. Guess I was wrong.

•Col•
Aug 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
Games need more tough demure women. I'm kinda getting tired of the "OMG that woman is saving the world with a chain mail bikini!!!" ordeal.

FOmarl wasn't that type of woman in PSO though. :( Like someone else said, she was the prissy stay at home wife. lulz

Zaix
Aug 29, 2011, 11:57 AM
I seem to remember an interview (probably with sakai) that stated unique character customizations (specifically citing the RAmarl's handgun animation) would return. If I could find it again I would link it.

I'll search for it later when I'm not as busy.

sugarFO
Aug 29, 2011, 12:18 PM
I seem to remember an interview (probably with sakai) that stated unique character customizations (specifically citing the RAmarl's handgun animation) would return. If I could find it again I would link it.

I'll search for it later when I'm not as busy.

That's great! Thanks for that.

Zaix
Aug 29, 2011, 12:40 PM
I hate to retract my earlier statement, but I must amend it. I found the statement I remembered in one of the various emails. I'm not so sure that it's a confirmation for either side of the argument.

ミリタリーファッションといえば、PSOのあの子を思い出してしまう私。
彼女は銃の構え方が独特でした。今回は●●●で違ったアクションが楽しめます。
って、ギャー!斜め前辺りから殺気を感じる・・・これ以上は無理・・・

Speaking of military fashion, I would remind the child that the PSO.
She was unique in that you hold a gun. Enjoy this time with a different action ● ● ●.
What is it, gack! Feel more excitement from around the diagonal is impossible

I think a military fashion, recalled that child of the PSO.
Her unique style of guns. This time ● ● ● in can enjoy different actions.
What is a gay! Front-feel the wild excitement from around impossible... more...

Take it as you will, but my interpretation leads me to believe they do have custom actions. I guess it led to a rather biased memory.

Below is the entire email for those that wish to read the statement in better context... (Text in question is in bold and enlarged)
[SPOILER-BOX]▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽

ファンタシースターオンライン2通信 2011/7/7

△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△

本メールは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』αテスト参加抽選コード
登録者の中から、メールマガジン配信希望の方にお送りしております。

◆━━<INDEX>━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◆
【1】『裏・PSO2通信』スタート!
【2】応援メッセージ受付中!
【3】公式サイトオープン中!
◆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◆
【1】『裏・PSO2通信』スタート!

みなさん、こんにちは。
アシスタントプロデューサーの盆子原(ぼんこ)です。

皆さんからの「新情報マダー?」の声にお答えして、
いきなり始まりました『裏・PSO2通信』。略して『裏ぷそ』!

メルマガを登録してくださっている皆さんに、開発現場の裏側から
現場の様子や新情報を、ゆるーくお伝えしていきたいと思っています。
よろしくお願いいたします!

ということで、初回何を書こうかなぁと思っていたのですが、
ファンタシースターシリーズの特徴の一つといえばキャラメイク。
現在開発中のPSO2でも、そのあたりはかなりこだわって制作しています!

オンラインゲームの場合、キャラクターは沢山の人からも見られるいわば分身。
沢山あるパーツの中から、「これだ!」と思うモノを選びながら、
お気に入りのキャラクターを作ってもらえたら嬉しいです。

そんなキャラメイク画面を、今回のメルマガでなんとか出せないかなと
酒井プロデューサー(以下酒P)におねだりしてみました。

盆「キャラメイク画面、だしていいですか?
  コラムに使って、みんなのハートをわしづかみたいんです!」
酒「は?!だめにきまってんだろ!(怒)あれは●●●の時に出すんだ!」
盆「・・・。●●●って何?!聞いてないし・・・また暴走?!」(以下略)

結局プロデューサーのガードは堅く撃沈。でも私諦めません!
作ったキャラクターの写真だけでもせめて・・・せめて・・・
ということで、こんなの見つけてきました。

▼ポロリ画像(その1)
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/image/pso2_mmphoto20110707_f01.jpg

軍服コスチュームがカッコイイ、女性のキャラクターです。
このキャラクター、どこかで見覚えはありませんか?
この時点で分かったあなたは、かなりのぷそ通!

そう、この子は公開中のムービーに登場する設定画のキャラクターなのです。
なにげに顔とか切れててもったいぶってた、あの設定画ですよ!
気づいていただけたでしょうか?

ミリタリーファッションといえば、PSOのあの子を思い出してしまう私。

▼ポロリ画像(その2)
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/image/pso2_mmphoto20110707_m01.jpg

女性キャラがきたら、やっぱり男性キャラも出さないと!
ということで、箱的要素満載で颯爽登場!ロボタイプのキャラクターです。
PSOともゆかりの深いロボタイプ。PSO2でもしっかり登場しますよ!

しかも今回のロボは歩くだけでなくて、●●●する時には●●●するんです!
って、全く分からないですね・・・検閲が厳しくて・・・続報をお待ちください!
ロボだけの特権、ぜひ楽しみにしていただけたらと思います。

▼ポロリ画像(その3)
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/image/pso2_mmphoto20110707_m02.jpg

お詫びと言ってはなんですが、武器を持たせた画像をば。ロボと銃は相性もピッタリ!

ということで、本日はここまで。

勝手が分からず、長々書いてしまいましたが、いかがだったでしょうか。
応援メッセージに、こっそり「これが見たい!」なんて書いてもらえると、
もしかすると登場するやもしれません。(過度な期待は禁物ですが・・・)

部内では、αテストに向けて本格的にチェックが始まっています!!
現場も総力を挙げて作っていますので、αテストのその日まで
今しばらくお待ちいただけたらと思います。

『ファンタシースターオンライン2』の展開にご期待ください。

それではまた次回。あるのか、あるのか?

------------------------------------------------------------
【2】応援メッセージ受付中!

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

現在公式サイトでは、皆さんからの応援メッセージを受付中です。
αテストが近づき、送られてくるメッセージも日に日に増えており、
スタッフ一同喜んでおります。ありがとうございます!

「是非メッセージを読みたい!」というスタッフの声を受け、
実は部内に皆さんからのメッセージを張り出しました。
引き続き募集しておりますので、ぜひ一筆お寄せいただけたらと思います。

【3】公式サイトオープン中!

現在公式サイトでは、プロモーションムービーとゲーム画像を公開中です!
開発中の画面ではありますが、大迫力の戦闘や、フィールドの雰囲気を
充分に感じていただけるかと思います。
まだご覧になっていない方は、ぜひチェックしてみてください!

今後とも『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

▼『ファンタシースターオンライン2』公式サイト
http://pso2.jp/

○あとがき○
『裏・PSO2通信』がとうとう始まってしまった・・・
しかもなぜか、メルマガ文言全部書いてる・・・私・・・何故?WHY?!
みなさんの温かい心を信じて、細々頑張っていきたいと思います。
どうぞよろしくお願いします。(ぼんこ)

----------------------------------------------------------
配信停止方法:
SEGA ID管理画面
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso
よりログイン後、登録情報管理画面より「メールマガジン配信状況」を
変更ください。
なお、本メルマガを停止されますと、お知らせやお得な情報などの
メールが届かなくなりますのでご了承ください。

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

発行:株式会社セガ/株式会社ISAO

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
   このメールの無断転載を禁止します。[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Aug 29, 2011, 02:01 PM
FOmarl wasn't that type of woman in PSO though. :( Like someone else said, she was the prissy stay at home wife. lulz

Heh, I meant games in general.

Zyrusticae
Aug 29, 2011, 02:11 PM
I have to say, being able to customize your stance and walk/run animations ala Champs Online or DCUO would be excellent, and I hope they pursue that idea.

Though customizing attack animations is silly and anyone who seriously considered it for more than half a second should take a moment to reprimand themselves for being so silly. (Besides, it's entirely redundant when PAs give both new attack animations AND fully unique effects to begin with.)

Lolitron
Aug 29, 2011, 02:22 PM
Don't casts hover/something now?

•Col•
Aug 29, 2011, 03:12 PM
Don't casts hover/something now?

Yeah when they dash... It would be nice to have an option to disable that, though. Customized standing/walking/running animations would be nice.

Oh well.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
I approve of different animations for characters, both of the movement and attacking flavors.

I doubly approve of being allowed to customize said animations.

Anyway, peace!

Crystal_Shard
Aug 29, 2011, 11:11 PM
I hate to retract my earlier statement, but I must amend it. I found the statement I remembered in one of the various emails. I'm not so sure that it's a confirmation for either side of the argument.

I think there's a translation somewhere around but it should read this way.

Original: ミリタリーファッションといえば、PSOのあの子を思い出してしまう私。

Rough Translation: Speaking of military fashion, I remember this girl from PSO.
Her stance when using the gun was particularly unique. This time *** different actions can be enjoyed....
uh, GYAH! I can feel a sinister feeling of bloodthirst... saying any more is impossible...

yoshiblue
Aug 29, 2011, 11:13 PM
How about a castlevania style pimp walk?

unicorn
Aug 29, 2011, 11:20 PM
I love FOmarls being all feminine and pretty.

I never made one, but I might this time around (even tho their walk is gone).

FOmarl >> FOnewearl!!!

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
I think there's a translation somewhere around but it should read this way.

Original: ミリタリーファッションといえば、PSOのあの子を思い出してしまう私。

Rough Translation: Speaking of military fashion, I remember this girl from PSO.
Her stance when using the gun was particularly unique. This time *** different actions can be enjoyed....
uh, GYAH! I can feel a sinister feeling of bloodthirst... saying any more is impossible...

I remember reading that. Apparently none of it is true though because ramarl shared all the same animations with everyone else : / I always found it odd that Fomarl was always really feminine and graceful with her movements....but she was the weapons specialist.

really, i wouldn't mind them doing that to any of the classes because it makes the game unique. But i will say, Ramarl without her gangster gunfire or Fonewm without his spacejester casting animations....just isn't ramarl or fonewm.

And the ONLY reason i ever picked Hucaseal is because her unarmed and dagger animations were badass.

Arkios
Aug 30, 2011, 12:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they added different animations later on. It's the Alpha after all, so a lot of "effects" are not going to be in the game yet.

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 02:23 AM
i would be very surprised. Very VERY surprised. I dont see them changing much of anything at this point. Maybe a few properties around, but adding animations? Nah.

They'll add content, but i dont see them changing most content aside from minor tweaks for balance.

Angelo
Aug 30, 2011, 02:49 AM
FOmarl >> FOnewearl!!!

Undeniably so!

Bushido
Aug 30, 2011, 04:01 AM
How about a castlevania style pimp walk?

Speaking of Castlevania, please excuse the following post as I simply can't fight it...

What is a gay!

A miserable little pile of secrets!

Noel Vermillion
Aug 30, 2011, 05:38 AM
This thread is really weird

do people care this much? really :/?

Dabian
Aug 30, 2011, 06:15 AM
Instead of walking, maybe make her glide/levitate like some goddess :p

Blueblur
Aug 30, 2011, 06:25 AM
This thread is really weird

do people care this much? really :/?

It's not really a big deal, IMO. But it is one of those small touches that made PSO so endearing to the hardcore players.

sugarFO
Aug 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
It's not really a big deal, IMO. But it is one of those small touches that made PSO so endearing to the hardcore players.

It's a HUGE deal to me. If I can't run daintily I'm not playing PSO2!

Haha, just kidding. ^^

NoiseHERO
Aug 30, 2011, 09:21 AM
Warning, PSO fans are just as petty as sonic fans!

•Col•
Aug 30, 2011, 10:27 AM
Warning, PSO fans are just as petty as sonic fans!

Oh come on, we're nowhere near as bad as they are!

Now to discuss something I just noticed....

http://www.sega-world.com/PSO-WORLD_DE/HOST/SOR/PSO-Picture/Enemys/Episode1/01-Forest-Normal/Rag_Rappy.png

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pso2-rappy.jpg

RAPPIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BLUE EYES, NOT YELLOW WTF IS SEGA THINKING!?!?!? THIS GAME IS GONNA SUCK

Enforcer MKV
Aug 30, 2011, 10:34 AM
Oh, dear.

Serephim
Aug 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
Actually...their eyes are the same color in those two images...

•Col•
Aug 30, 2011, 11:49 AM
Actually...their eyes are the same color in those two images...

LIEZ AND EVEN IF THEY ARE THE SAME, RAPPIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAT/CHUBBY. THE ONES IN PSO2 ARE TOO LEAN.

Zaix
Aug 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
Can we at least agree that their antennas are noticeably different?

yoshiblue
Aug 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
We complain for the sake of complaining.

GCoffee
Aug 30, 2011, 01:03 PM
I for one am glad they all share the same animation this time around. I don't want to go from dainty walk to loli walk to tough walk whenever I switch my outfit. It would be stupid. It made sense for PSO, but would be a character breaker here.

Vashyron
Aug 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
+ It'll be forced here, seeing as if you guys haven't heard already Costumes = armor. (For casts it's torso only.)

Sw353
Aug 30, 2011, 06:16 PM
i wouldn't expect anyone who has been sent to a planet to fight to be dainty. that doesn't make much sense. I feel like there is a very small crowd that wants custom animations for walking and standing. i'd rather sega take time to put useful things in this game, and not waste time on something like this.

HeartBreak301
Aug 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
i'd rather sega take time to put useful things in this game, and not waste time on something like this.

Lets hope that they won't be using clothes as content updates.

Sw353
Aug 30, 2011, 06:30 PM
Lets hope that they won't be using clothes as content updates.

my bigger worry is that they will use clothes for micro transactions. i don't wanna have to pay to change clothing.

Angelo
Aug 30, 2011, 06:43 PM
i wouldn't expect anyone who has been sent to a planet to fight to be dainty. that doesn't make much sense.

It also doesn't make much sense for them to send lanky, eccentric, jester-like men or quirky, and "moe" little girls but people still clamor for FOnewms and FOnewearls.

Forces and mages are the exceptions to the rules since they, in theory, gain their power through mind/spirit/emotion/what have you and don't have to be physically tough or visually aggressive . Different strokes.

I honestly think that's a big problem with western gamers in general and why the market is littered with vapid bald space marines and macho femme fatales; engineered to be too much of an individualist society has let us fall victim to not seeing the value in inherent differences' cooperation. But then again... that's going way off topic.

EDIT: I'm also severely bummed to learn the recent rumor that clothing gives off stats. Absolutely awful step backwards.

sugarFO
Aug 30, 2011, 06:43 PM
i wouldn't expect anyone who has been sent to a planet to fight to be dainty. that doesn't make much sense. I feel like there is a very small crowd that wants custom animations for walking and standing. i'd rather sega take time to put useful things in this game, and not waste time on something like this.

There's so many people involved with making a game, each with their own specialty, it's not too much to ask when your sword can cut grass.

Vashyron
Aug 30, 2011, 06:58 PM
EDIT: I'm also severely bummed to learn the recent rumor that clothing gives off stats. Absolutely awful step backwards.

It's not a Rumor, Famitsu confirmed it today.

Angelo
Aug 30, 2011, 07:05 PM

Crushed....

Terrible news. Hopefully they fix it before launch.

Ark22
Aug 30, 2011, 07:12 PM
Depends on how they do it guys. Come on :P

Angelo
Aug 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
Depends on how they do it guys. Come on :P

Regardless of how they do it everyone will look the same in the end as a result. It's terrible news no matter how you cut it.

Vashyron
Aug 30, 2011, 07:22 PM
Jumping to conclusions already I see.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 30, 2011, 07:24 PM
Jumping to conclusions already I see.

Well, as much as I hate to say it, I think that this conclusion is safe to assume, at least for a part of the community. I just feel bad for the people who actually like the look of the outfits with the best stats, and are grouped with the people who are wearing it only for the stats.

Sw353
Aug 30, 2011, 08:07 PM
It also doesn't make much sense for them to send lanky, eccentric, jester-like men or quirky, and "moe" little girls but people still clamor for FOnewms and FOnewearls.

Forces and mages are the exceptions to the rules since they, in theory, gain their power through mind/spirit/emotion/what have you and don't have to be physically tough or visually aggressive . Different strokes.

I honestly think that's a big problem with western gamers in general and why the market is littered with vapid bald space marines and macho femme fatales; engineered to be too much of an individualist society has let us fall victim to not seeing the value in inherent differences cooperation. But then again... that's going way off topic.

Im not against making individual animations for different genders. as far as i know, the girls do move more feminine than men. What i do have a problem with is the generalization that women need to be dainty. i don't want a she-woman anymore than i want a frail house wife.
how i play my character isn't tied to an animation. I understand the want for a customizable animations, but in the grand scheme of things, its not something i feel the need to ask for. regardless of what type of character they give me, be it the macho HUnewmeral or wimpy FOnewman, the way i play my character is the way i play my character. different character animations in not effecting my gameplay enough to want different animations at launch. and given the choice, id rather them work on making interesting environments than giving females a twist in their walk.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 30, 2011, 08:10 PM
Eh, it was a nice touch in PSO, though, the idea of having each class-race combo having a separate set of animations. Made them all unique, and they stood out.

Not that I played. Just the way I envisioned it.

Zipzo
Aug 30, 2011, 08:12 PM

http://www.sega-world.com/PSO-WORLD_DE/HOST/SOR/PSO-Picture/Enemys/Episode1/01-Forest-Normal/Rag_Rappy.png

RAPPIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BLUE EYES, NOT YELLOW WTF IS SEGA THINKING!?!?!? THIS GAME IS GONNA SUCKHahaha, I did laugh.

Randomness
Aug 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
Regardless of how they do it everyone will look the same in the end as a result. It's terrible news no matter how you cut it.

Unless somehow it refers specifically to units or something.

BioWarrior
Aug 30, 2011, 08:23 PM
It's not units, it's actual clothing, but here's a theory. What if you don't find new clothing and they use a synthesis feature to upgrade it? What if mags are somehow related to your clothing as well?

Angelo
Aug 30, 2011, 09:15 PM
What i do have a problem with is the generalization that women need to be dainty.

The generalization portrayed by modern media is that women are anything but dainty, so I don't get where you're coming from. It's a request for one class in handful of other female classes. The problem is that modern society is trying to smoke out any trace of a positive 'dainty' feminine woman anymore so the second one arises even in a crowd of many 'socially acceptable' women it immediately gets everyone in an uproar.

That's anything but a generalization, it's asking for what is now a unique exception and having it cause irrational backlash. It's amazing what social engineering has done to the west, huh?

•Col•
Aug 30, 2011, 09:43 PM
The generalization portrayed by modern media is that women are anything but dainty, so I don't get where you're coming from. It's a request for one class in handful of other female classes. The problem is that modern society is trying to smoke out any trace of a positive 'dainty' feminine woman anymore so the second one arises even in a crowd of many 'socially acceptable' women it immediately gets everyone in an uproar.

That's anything but a generalization, it's asking for what is now a unique exception and having it cause irrational backlash. It's amazing what social engineering has done to the west, huh?

Wish PSO-world had a "Like" or Rep system in place.

Sw353
Aug 30, 2011, 09:58 PM

"I much prefer her tippy toe cutesy run with her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance herself, fight, and look stylish all at the same time!" -OP

that is where my generalization comes from. I wouldn't call that positive.

if my travels in the west has taught me anything, its that people are dynamic. some people have character that they make on pso that already have a backstory. neither that i plan to make are dainty. Neither are he-women.

what kind of sense does it make to have an 140 melee FOmarl wobbling around and swinging a sword like its the first time she's held one?

as i said in another post, i don't want the she-male woman anymore than i want the frail house wife. The OP doesn't want a tough fighter, and i don't want her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance. Id rather them make a general female animation than force me to play as princess peach because i want to be a human force.

Noel Vermillion
Aug 31, 2011, 05:01 AM
Princess Peach :P

so armour is confirmed to give stats? that kind of sucks, but I think it'll be HU armor = ATK, FO armour = MST etc.

So people stick to their class armours :}

Kanashimi
Aug 31, 2011, 05:40 AM
Another factor to consider is that some games have added systems to counter the whole "everyone's wearing the same thing". SMT:IMAGINE got it half right by giving players the option of combining the look of one item with the stats of one or two others. (In this case, they jumped back into everyone-looks-the-same by keeping certain bonuses that 'attach' themselves to the look, but at least it's not /as/ uniform.)
tl;dr: There are many ways of pulling this off, and until I see how they've done it, I won't yell apocalypse.

sugarFO
Aug 31, 2011, 06:01 AM

Fantastic post Angelo!! <3

tehhaxorer
Aug 31, 2011, 06:24 AM
Yes. I would die if I could make a pimp, bitch-slapping FOmar.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 07:36 AM

*final fantasy 7 fanfare*

"I much prefer her tippy toe cutesy run with her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance herself, fight, and look stylish all at the same time!" -OP

that is where my generalization comes from. I wouldn't call that positive.

if my travels in the west has taught me anything, its that people are dynamic. some people have character that they make on pso that already have a backstory. neither that i plan to make are dainty. Neither are he-women.

what kind of sense does it make to have an 140 melee FOmarl wobbling around and swinging a sword like its the first time she's held one?

as i said in another post, i don't want the she-male woman anymore than i want the frail house wife. The OP doesn't want a tough fighter, and i don't want her hands flailing everywhere trying to balance. Id rather them make a general female animation than force me to play as princess peach because i want to be a human force.

The thing here is she's saying what she prefered. What she liked. Though, I do understand where you're coming from. With the option to change outfits, it would be quite funny to see a human in combat gear (read: Hunter outfit) flailing their arms around like they don't know what they're doing. Just give people a choice of their move animations, to diversify. I know it probably won't be implemented, but I certainly think it would quell the majority of problems people seem to have.

You have what you want, and the people who want a dainty animation get that. Problem solved. Well, that's unless people start telling other people that they shouldn't use this animation, or that animation. At that point, I would just laugh and go back to playing, honestly.

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2011, 10:22 AM
Well, gee, great.

So not only am I going to have to gimp myself with my units to avoid looking like some kind of drone, and not only am I going to have to gimp myself with my weapon to avoid those retarded-looking S-ranks, I am ALSO going to have to gimp myself with my armor so I can have the look I actually want?

That's just swell! I'll apparently be griefing the hell out of everyone who actually cares about making progress because I'll be dying faster and killing slower than absolutely everyone else. Such fun!

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:43 AM

If you think it's bad in the west, i dont think you should ever look to the east.

I'd love it if the fomarl was back to her PSO self. It'd make kicking ass with her all the more fun. And i dont agree with the armor having stats idea, unless it's a sort of class standard stat for each type of clothing.

What i mean is, if EVERY Humar, Hunewearl, Fomar, ect. Type outfit has the same stats, it means you can switch between what you want to wear penalty free, but you only incur a penalty if you're switching outside your class. They did that because im sure they didn't intend for Humars to wear Fomar outfits while they slice shit up. I dont disagree with the idea, nor does it bother me all that much, because 1) the game was first shown with specific outfits, and 2) im sure the selection will be unique. I dont think it's that big a deal for tanks to wear more serious looking armor and forces to wear more magical looking armor. But unfortunally, this probably means that at some point, we'll be forced to equip armor we dont like....

....which isn't a big deal for anyone but female characters, IMO. ESPECIALLY female characters. I can definitely see some stupid, completely tasteless outfit being standard for a level bracket that im forced to insult my characters with. Fortunately that rarely happens to male characters.

But also importantly, this probably means we'll be able to mix-and-match clothing options to further customize our characters.

I don't think this is a terrible idea. I really think it could work out pretty well, too. They just have to not go overboard with it...maybe include a system that allows you to equip stuff over itself.

Palle
Aug 31, 2011, 10:51 AM
So not only am I going to have to gimp myself with my units to avoid looking like some kind of drone, and not only am I going to have to gimp myself with my weapon to avoid those retarded-looking S-ranks, I am ALSO going to have to gimp myself with my armor so I can have the look I actually want?
You could always look at it as the new Challenge Mode. Or something like Initiate: Code Perturb.

:-?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 03:25 PM
Well, gee, great.

That's just swell! I'll apparently be griefing the hell out of everyone who actually cares about making progress because I'll be dying faster and killing slower than absolutely everyone else. Such fun!

Nonsense, we'll simply have to compensate with skill and our capacity for free thought! Don't worry, I'll be right there with ya, man.

@Edit: And in regards to the stats linked to armor, I'm so surprised I've yet to see a game do what I've thought up for a mechanic, and I have no problem sharing it since I'm one for spreading good ideas.

Ok, so instead of the stats being forcibly attached to the armor, give each armor slots, and then make it so that you can find "stat-stones" (or any other colorful name that you prefer), and have the stats linked to the stones.

For anyone who's experienced the socketing in WoW, think of something similar to that, but instead of a suppliment, the stats are completely dependant on the stones you socket.

The idea needs refinement, but the base concept would allow the best of both worlds; you can have the look you want, and good stats.

Honestly, as proud as I am of this concept, I'd have thought I'd have seen this by now in a game.

Poubelle
Aug 31, 2011, 04:50 PM
i disagree.. i dont like it when mages have delicate/feminine standing/moving animations. interesting opinion but pretty much a terrible opinion that no one else shares so get over it i guess

Sw353
Aug 31, 2011, 04:53 PM
Yes. I would die if I could make a pimp, bitch-slapping FOmar.

LOL i just had this convo with someone. Ill wait the extra time it took to give the FOnewm a pimp hand. esp since the've given him the suit.

Sw353
Aug 31, 2011, 05:17 PM
The thing here is she's saying what she prefered. What she liked. Though, I do understand where you're coming from. With the option to change outfits, it would be quite funny to see a human in combat gear (read: Hunter outfit) flailing their arms around like they don't know what they're doing. Just give people a choice of their move animations, to diversify. I know it probably won't be implemented, but I certainly think it would quell the majority of problems people seem to have.

You have what you want, and the people who want a dainty animation get that. Problem solved. Well, that's unless people start telling other people that they shouldn't use this animation, or that animation. At that point, I would just laugh and go back to playing, honestly.

Sure, having diverse animations would be ideal. I completely understand the appeal. But, with ALL the customization we have seen so far in this game, complaining about generic animations seems so trivial. We have more customization in this game than PSO and PSU combined, but people are still finding things to complain about. If we had animation choices, I'm sure people would want even more. It like, be happy with what we've got. its not bad. my immediate thought was " id rather them give me the game, than put another 2 weeks into making character creation more in-depth." Im ready to play. And do you really thing the majority of people care about being able to customize character animations?

Randomness
Aug 31, 2011, 05:24 PM
If you think it's bad in the west, i dont think you should ever look to the east.

I'd love it if the fomarl was back to her PSO self. It'd make kicking ass with her all the more fun. And i dont agree with the armor having stats idea, unless it's a sort of class standard stat for each type of clothing.

What i mean is, if EVERY Humar, Hunewearl, Fomar, ect. Type outfit has the same stats, it means you can switch between what you want to wear penalty free, but you only incur a penalty if you're switching outside your class. They did that because im sure they didn't intend for Humars to wear Fomar outfits while they slice shit up. I dont disagree with the idea, nor does it bother me all that much, because 1) the game was first shown with specific outfits, and 2) im sure the selection will be unique. I dont think it's that big a deal for tanks to wear more serious looking armor and forces to wear more magical looking armor. But unfortunally, this probably means that at some point, we'll be forced to equip armor we dont like....

....which isn't a big deal for anyone but female characters, IMO. ESPECIALLY female characters. I can definitely see some stupid, completely tasteless outfit being standard for a level bracket that im forced to insult my characters with. Fortunately that rarely happens to male characters.

But also importantly, this probably means we'll be able to mix-and-match clothing options to further customize our characters.

I don't think this is a terrible idea. I really think it could work out pretty well, too. They just have to not go overboard with it...maybe include a system that allows you to equip stuff over itself.

I think a better idea would be for all clothes to give roughly the same magnitude of total stat boosts... so choosing clothes would be similar to choosing material usage, or particular slot units, so nothing is strictly superior to anything else. One top has attack bonus, another gives defense, a third gives accuracy, a fourth some combination of them, and so on.

sugarFO
Aug 31, 2011, 06:03 PM
i disagree.. i dont like it when mages have delicate/feminine standing/moving animations. interesting opinion but pretty much a terrible opinion that no one else shares so get over it i guess

People do share it, get over it. ^^

Arkios
Aug 31, 2011, 07:30 PM
Nonsense, we'll simply have to compensate with skill and our capacity for free thought! Don't worry, I'll be right there with ya, man.

@Edit: And in regards to the stats linked to armor, I'm so surprised I've yet to see a game do what I've thought up for a mechanic, and I have no problem sharing it since I'm one for spreading good ideas.

Ok, so instead of the stats being forcibly attached to the armor, give each armor slots, and then make it so that you can find "stat-stones" (or any other colorful name that you prefer), and have the stats linked to the stones.

For anyone who's experienced the socketing in WoW, think of something similar to that, but instead of a suppliment, the stats are completely dependant on the stones you socket.

The idea needs refinement, but the base concept would allow the best of both worlds; you can have the look you want, and good stats.

Honestly, as proud as I am of this concept, I'd have thought I'd have seen this by now in a game.

This already exists in games. DC Universe Online is the first MMO that I've seen use it (It's an action RPG). WoW is also going to be implementing this soon.

Basically how it works is once you've acquired a piece of gear, you learn a "style" which you can apply to any other piece of gear that you obtain. You can lock your style or change it at any time. That way you keep the looks you want, but can continue to upgrade your stats without looking funky.

Angelo
Aug 31, 2011, 07:43 PM
This already exists in games. DC Universe Online is the first MMO that I've seen use it (It's an action RPG). WoW is also going to be implementing this soon.

Basically how it works is once you've acquired a piece of gear, you learn a "style" which you can apply to any other piece of gear that you obtain. You can lock your style or change it at any time. That way you keep the looks you want, but can continue to upgrade your stats without looking funky.

I absolutely love the style tab in DCUO. I know I've posted this video before, but for those of you that want an idea of how it works and looks, here's a video I made during the Beta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o94DyOtZrk&feature=channel_video_title

The first MMO that I recall doing something like this was LOTRO with their costume slot. Aion followed suit with item remodeling. Also, along with WoW, TERA is going to be implementing this soon. It's going to become pretty commonplace. The idea that you should have to sacrifice appearance for utility is becoming archaic in online gaming.

Zipzo
Aug 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
People do share it, get over it. ^^Too bad those people aren't making the game. Get over it.

Angelo
Aug 31, 2011, 08:06 PM
Too bad those people aren't making the game. Get over it.

Do I need to state a third time that lack of unique animations most likely came from necessity due to limited resources and not design choice?

You have no idea what the sentiments of the developers are in this particular subject. They haven't stated any.

In fact, if the body language/pose/imagery of the concept art (FOmarl) is any indication of the art director's design choice then I'd say you just may be wrong.

yoshiblue
Aug 31, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey they did it for the first PSO, why not the second. Sure they don't have to but they that just seems lazy to me.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2011, 08:13 PM

Ah, well, I've never really looked into DC Universe, so I couldn't say, but I do play wow, and while, yes, the concept is similar, it's not exactly the same thing that you're saying. ^^;

And my, I feel awfully bad for the OP.

sugarFO
Aug 31, 2011, 08:23 PM
Do I need to state a third time that lack of unique animations most likely came from necessity due to limited resources and not design choice?

You have no idea what the sentiments of the developers are in this particular subject. They haven't stated any.

In fact, if the body language/pose/imagery of the concept art (FOmarl) is any indication of the art director's design choice then I'd say you just may be wrong.

Some people just live to be angry, lol.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 31, 2011, 08:55 PM
if I may contribute a little more to this thread. I would agree FOmarl should be dainty. because from what I know, I like how FOnewearl fights more serious than FOmarl in terms of Melee, Gun usage, etc. I prefer the Female FO's to distinguish themselves from each other with different Anims.

FOnewearl = serious fighter
FOmarl = dainty

idk much about the Male FO's. I just know FOmar is a handsome rouge. 8-)

also FOnewearl's round-house kick. :wacko:
I know most female class's use Round-house kick. but still!

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 09:22 PM
Fonewearl was probably the least serious out of all the characters in PSO. Fonewearl and Fonewm both.

They were too awesome to be serious.

Hey they did it for the first PSO, why not the second. Sure they don't have to but they that just seems lazy to me.

It really does. There's really no reason to exclude something so amazing from the game. It really individualized the characters imo.

Now, since we can mix-match costumes, it'll be like PSU where the only thing different is the numbers that pop up...

Zipzo
Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 PM
if I may contribute a little more to this thread. I would agree FOmarl should be dainty. because from what I know, I like how FOnewearl fights more serious than FOmarl in terms of Melee, Gun usage, etc. I prefer the Female FO's to distinguish themselves from each other with different Anims.

FOmarl = dainty

I know most female class's use Round-house kick. but still!If anything it's completely the opposite, given the FOnewearl's tiny structure.

The likelihood of you being utterly wrong is one and the same. Maybe they just aren't even thinking about handing out animation customization. It's not that big a deal. I want smooth gameplay, a good story to kill monsters to, and fun rares to hunt.

Serephim
Aug 31, 2011, 10:22 PM
Fomar -- typical badass longhaired magic user japanese guy. He nukes you and then flips his hair because of how dangerously sexy he is.

Fonewm - He shoots fireballs out of his feet. Not a single fuck is given any day ever.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 1, 2011, 06:49 AM
If anything it's completely the opposite, given the FOnewearl's tiny structure.

I meant Animation wise though. but obviously having a FOnewearl a little taller than Sue(HUnewearl) and almost as tall as Ash(HUmar) thanks to the "Proportion tool" still means Loli. :lol:

No offense. it's just something people miss a lot when viewing FOnewearl. I always preferred Cute/Badass FOnewearl looks.

oh wait, I forgot my wild fantasies don't exist in PSO. :wacko:

Noel Vermillion
Sep 1, 2011, 07:07 AM

FOmarl = dainty

Not to be a spelling Nazi, but don't you mean "rogue"? :c

Angelo
Sep 1, 2011, 08:09 AM
I always preferred Cute/Badass FOnewearl looks.

To be honest I've always viewed FOnewearls as 'tsundere' spitfires, so I get where you're coming from.

Hrith
Sep 1, 2011, 11:25 AM
Fomar -- typical badass longhaired magic user japanese guy. He nukes you and then flips his hair because of how dangerously sexy he is.http://keffypoo.free.fr/pso/alkhem/1pakupaku.png

Well said.

Akaimizu
Sep 1, 2011, 11:31 AM
I will agree with that. The FOMar(l)s are the *pretty* classes. They may even be a bit stuck up about it. At least in the PSO design.
PSZ doesn't count so much since they turned the FOMars into Professor Layton-style gentlemen. They still look to pride on their appearance, though.

chibiLegolas
Sep 1, 2011, 12:06 PM
It would definitely be nice to have different animations based on the class. Even if you didn't like them in PSO, it definitely helped to make each class unique and memorable (RAmarl handguns anyone). I think the developers are busy putting the whole game together and trying to make every class work with every weapon, but if they paid attention to detail and threw in a little variation it would make a world of difference.

Agree. Same with the animations in PSZ. With PSO and PSZ, the animation helped make each class feel different enough to create & play more characters, even if they're just slight variations from each other.
Maybe it's something to look forward to in PSO2 ver.2?

What we REALLY NEED is someone who's in the alpha testing demo and have them leave constructive FEEDBACK for Sega on this "different animation" issue.

I personally don't want to run and fight just like the guy next to me, who's a totally different gender/class.

Akaimizu
Sep 1, 2011, 02:24 PM
But then you wont have the conversations like, "You run like a FOnewearl!!"
"Er.....Why yes. Yes I do!"

Zorafim
Sep 1, 2011, 02:45 PM

[spoiler-box]

RAPPIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BLUE EYES, NOT YELLOW WTF IS SEGA THINKING!?!?!? THIS GAME IS GONNA SUCK[/spoiler-box]

http://lparchive.org/Phantasy-Star-3/Update%2003/3-ps3_0122.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXD9ph88O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsz3B73LnvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

Akaimizu
Sep 1, 2011, 02:56 PM
Too bad there's no video about "How to do basic Kung Fu treachery" like in Black Dynamite. :)

Zorafim
Sep 1, 2011, 02:59 PM
If I wasn't stuck with a muted computer for the next hour, I'd go and find one to replace the ones I posted.