PDA

View Full Version : FSOD Stuff

Clef
Mar 18, 2003, 12:41 AM
Ok, I see a lot of posts about this and I'm not exactly sure what the difference, if any, there is between a normal fsod and a fsod-x. I've had my cube freeze while online a few times, 3 to be exact, where the screen just froze and I heard a buzzing noise. When this happened I couldn't soft reset or reset with the reset button. The only thing I could do was to power off and restart.

I did notice that whatever character I had online at that time would say I had corrupted data, or something to that extent, due to an improper save attempt. Each time this has happened I have started up a single player game, then quit normally to allow the game to save properly and I have never lost anything, not items, characters, nothing.

I do use a nintendo memory card 251, but have no clue if that has anything to do with it. If the fsod I had is an fsod-x, then try what I do and most likely that will allow you to recover everything just fine. Keep in mind, the fsod I described that I've had has happened to me three times and every time my method has worked just fine. I've also never lost any of my unequipped items either. I must also mention that I'm using the dial-up adapter. I've never had an fsod while using my broadband adapter.

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 01:51 AM
FSoD-X is basically referring to an FSoD that occurs while the game is saving. Specifically while the game is saving during the added second save when joining a team online. It's different than a standard FSoD because it corrupts save data, destroying characters.