PDA

View Full Version : Scammer Report Threads Closing?

Barker5227
Sep 1, 2011, 07:59 AM
I don't quite understand why Mods constantly close threads that simply warn people to watch out for for a specific player who might be scamming. It is not an accusation thread, it is not a public hate thread, it is simply a PSA About 1 or a group of players doing something malicious trying to take another players hard-earned cash. Tell me where in the forum rules it says you cannot warn others about a problem in game.

Also, does anybody have any clue what the next even MIGHT be?

Powder Keg
Sep 1, 2011, 08:39 AM
It's disallowed probably because of potential forum drama that usually results.

Personally, I think it should be allowed if it's accompanied with video proof, though.

bloodflowers
Sep 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
There are places that allow it. For reasons that are a mixture of right and wrong, between PSOW and Official, nobody has done more to disarm legitimate players trying to protect eachother.

Barker5227
Sep 1, 2011, 02:23 PM
It's disallowed probably because of potential forum drama that usually results.

Personally, I think it should be allowed if it's accompanied with video proof, though.

There are places that allow it. For reasons that are a mixture of right and wrong, between PSOW and Official, nobody has done more to disarm legitimate players trying to protect eachother.

I'm not so much referring to creating drama over who is and who isn't nor am I trying to get people in trouble (even though some should be). I'm more referring to a post on the PSOW Forums that just warns about a specific player and if you deal with him just be careful. I posted a thread a while ago warning people about somebody who is Lag switching 9999 Base S's up to 99999 when you go to purchase. I wasn't hostile, nor was I implying any sort of justice that should be done. It was simply a PSA to the PSOW Community.

But I agree about the video proof, and that SEGA needs to step up and deal with scammers and glitchers more abruptly. My friends younger brother started and he has been scammed many-a-time out of Multi-Millions trying to level up fast with Rare-Missions. Unfortunately nothing can be done because not everybody has a video camera to record the scams :/

On a side note, i've been hearing a lot about MA-X Being the next event, any other rumors or proof?

Ilikelamp7
Sep 1, 2011, 02:49 PM
On a side note, i've been hearing a lot about MA-X Being the next event, any other rumors or proof?

Just one rumor I've heard of.....

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/586/psudownwithshipcopy.png

Could be fake though.

bloodflowers
Sep 1, 2011, 03:07 PM
Just one rumor I've heard of.....

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/586/psudownwithshipcopy.png

Could be fake though.

Don't worry! The good ship Sega Of America is here to save it!

http://psu.system11.org/pics/sega_failboat.jpg

Oh well.

TheAstarion
Sep 1, 2011, 03:54 PM
Next major update for xbox will most likely be a GBR with Caves of Ice (+S3), Awoken Serpent (+S3) and the new Deserted Mines in C-S3. Or something like that.

As for the scammer warnings... I guess there's potential for abuse in a small community, like for instance JP PSU has maybe 200 english speakers, maybe 50 of which frequent these boards. Launching a personal attack like that would have an effect. On Xbox, however, people are hardly going to remember one person's name out of the thousands, and I'd like to think every single member of this forum is above dirty tricks, so I don't see an issue. Then again, I'm not a mod, admin, or owner, and I'm therefore not bound to creating an unbiased environment, so there are things I won't have considered.

Barker5227
Sep 1, 2011, 09:21 PM
Next major update for xbox will most likely be a GBR with Caves of Ice (+S3), Awoken Serpent (+S3) and the new Deserted Mines in C-S3. Or something like that.

As for the scammer warnings... I guess there's potential for abuse in a small community, like for instance JP PSU has maybe 200 english speakers, maybe 50 of which frequent these boards. Launching a personal attack like that would have an effect. On Xbox, however, people are hardly going to remember one person's name out of the thousands, and I'd like to think every single member of this forum is above dirty tricks, so I don't see an issue. Then again, I'm not a mod, admin, or owner, and I'm therefore not bound to creating an unbiased environment, so there are things I won't have considered.

Would they really have 2 GBR's in a row? I think they will sub a major event instead of straight GBR's. I mean, now that 15% Exp boost is the norm for an event reward and all.

I see what your saying about the small community and also a large community, but I know that probably about 5-10% of the xbox community even uses PSOW so at least they know who to watch out for. Either way, scamming in this game needs to be taken more seriously.

TheAstarion
Sep 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
Would they really have 2 GBR's in a row? I think they will sub a major event instead of straight GBR's. I mean, now that 15% Exp boost is the norm for an event reward and all.

I see what your saying about the small community and also a large community, but I know that probably about 5-10% of the xbox community even uses PSOW so at least they know who to watch out for. Either way, scamming in this game needs to be taken more seriously.

I think they've had GBRs in a row before so it wouldn't surprise me. Then again, it might have been something like, GBR, Trade mission update, Story mission release, Trade mission update, GBR or something like that. Y'know, filler between actual events.

The problem with scamming is that it can be done at all. If rare missions were more commonplace, they wouldn't be worth selling. If the ultimate items that dropped in them weren't so rare, they wouldn't be worth lag switching someone out of them. If the rarest (not necessarily the best) items in the game weren't worth more than max money, there'd be no need to use the trade window for anything other than previews and giving things to friends so that other noobs don't steal it.

The problem is partly with the system, and partly with a large community consisting of mostly decent people, and the few fuckwads with access to tricks that shouldn't be able to affect the game in ways they do. They tried to fix things by making booting impossible after the mission complete message, but it didn't stop Big Push booters. They added the delay on 100K+ items in shops, but it didn't stop pricejackers for stacks of items.

In my short time on JP, it's comparatively dick-free. I know people who have been booted for being under 50% GBR on day 2 of the boost road, but it's not like on xbox where that's pretty much expected.