PDA

View Full Version : RA. HU, FO

ThePendragon
Sep 2, 2011, 06:03 PM
I keep seeing the classic PSO class/race combinations uses to name characters. Racaseal, Humar, Fomar, etc. However, since races and classes are independent, where is this terminology coming from? Is it in game? Or are people just applying the old PSO terms where they fit here?

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2011, 06:09 PM
It's just terminology that has survived since PSO. It's just easier to say HUcaseal than saying a female android hunter. There's also the fact that each race combination is getting an outfit for themselves (though everyone of that gender and species type can wear it), which kinda cements that mindset.

Hrith
Sep 2, 2011, 07:02 PM
'Female android' sounds really weird, it's like saying woman is a female man. Okay.

Mike
Sep 2, 2011, 08:45 PM
That's the terminology that was used in PSO. Male human and female human were for the mars & marls.

Kion
Sep 2, 2011, 11:04 PM
I was thinking, we may need to add some terms. PSo had specific class-race combinations and a naming system for them, but now that race and class are independent; there are a lot of combinations that weren't covered before.

A female-newman-ranger would be a RAnewearl?

ThEoRy
Sep 2, 2011, 11:21 PM
I was thinking, we may need to add some terms. PSo had specific class-race combinations and a naming system for them, but now that race and class are independent; there are a lot of combinations that weren't covered before.

A female-newman-ranger would be a RAnewearl?

yes.

dont forget HUnewm and RAnewm

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2011, 11:31 PM
There's no need to get additional information about each name. The first two letters were the class, the rest of the word was the race/sex. The only thing we can't use is beast, and even then HUbeast and RAbeasteal got the idea across well.

NoiseHERO
Sep 2, 2011, 11:32 PM
So wait...

Humars aren't martians?

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Sep 2, 2011, 11:49 PM
Anyone mind PMing me a list of what those terms mean, cause I do not really know them as well as I should, only starting on PSP2 and they didn't much use those terms there. ^^;

Vashyron
Sep 2, 2011, 11:56 PM
HU - Hunter
RA - Ranger
FO - Force

Mar - Male Human
Marl - Female Human
Newm - Male Newman
Newearl - Female Newman
Cast - Male Cast
Caseal - Female CastIt's Quite simple.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Sep 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
HU - Hunter
RA - Ranger
FO - Force

Mar - Male Human
Marl - Female Human
Newm - Male Newman
Newearl - Female Newman
Cast - Male Cast
Caseal - Female CastIt's Quite simple.

It wasn't to me, but thanks for the list though, I'll be sure to memorize it!