PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU New to JP PSU...

RyuRoots
Sep 2, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry for making a thread just for this, but I didn't see a "new JP players" thread or anything, so...

Anyway, I just signed up for JP PSU after a long drought, and was wondering if there's anywhere that English-speaking players tend to go in particular, or if there are any new missions that are good for getting past those early levels. I had a Lv160 when the US servers went down so being Lv5 again is...different, to say the least. I still remember how to play the game basically and read enough kana to get by, but I'd like to get involved with the community, and catch up to what degree I can. I only have one character at the moment, a female Beast named Shirana (in English, not kana). Any replies would be appreciated.

DeathDragon2332
Sep 2, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey Welcome to JP PSU if your on right now we can meet up and i'll show you the new missions and whatever else you need.

RyuRoots
Sep 2, 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh, that'd be really helpful. I'm on right now. Just let me know where (and what uni) to go.

DeathDragon2332
Sep 2, 2011, 10:13 PM
Oki Doki. Umm how about Neudaiz uni 5. Ill wait by the chick that takes you 2 white beast.

DayDreamer
Sep 5, 2011, 07:41 AM
I also just got into JP Psu :P
Its abit laggy for me in missions though :/ im not sure if its just my gfx card or the servers.

What are some common places to find English players?
It doesn't help that i never played Psu before this xD But some of the menu's are similar to psp/psp2/psp2i thank god.

Thanks in advance ^^

Positive
Sep 5, 2011, 08:45 AM
Its abit laggy for me in missions though :/ im not sure if its just my gfx card or the servers.

It's you. I have almost no lag and I'm in the US with a crappy wireless connection.

I usually see people talking in english on universe 1 3rd floor GAM room.

TheAstarion
Sep 5, 2011, 08:57 AM
It's you. I have almost no lag and I'm in the US with a crappy wireless connection.

I usually see people talking in english on universe 1 3rd floor GAM room.

Combination of both. My hits take about 0.5-1 second to register and trimates are absolutely futile. I'm in the UK though, which is about as far away from Japan as you can get without going to the moon or something.

Try setting frameskip to 1 or even (shudder) 2. I run on FS2 with almost no graphical slowdown. I picked up the xbox version the other day to help a pal out, and it looked positively smooth compared to what I was used to these days on JP!

Most laptops ship with integrated graphics, which is a bit of a problem when PSU runs at the speed of a lethargic glacier on full settings without a decent video card.

DayDreamer
Sep 5, 2011, 09:51 AM
i kinda figured :/ Im upgrading in a bit to prepare for pso2 anyway.

DeathDragon2332
Sep 5, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah its you. I have almost no lag. about .2-.5 Secs.

DayDreamer
Sep 5, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the information ^-^
Im not sure if I'll go to deep into psu till i upgrade my computer.

Rhedrimond
Sep 7, 2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not exactly new, but I am returning JP-side and have had some difficulty finding English-speakers to run with. While I have a few active cards left, I feel a bit awkward pestering all the 180s with my lowbie self.

If any of you folks would like to meet up or do some runs, just let me know! :D