PDA

View Full Version : Character stats and bonuses...?

D-Inferno
Sep 4, 2011, 03:53 PM
Did anyone gather the full list of individual character stats? And were any individual class boosts(ex: Female Fos with stronger Resta) present as well?

Arkios
Sep 4, 2011, 05:18 PM
Good question, I always liked that certain classes had inherent bonuses to specific techs. (e.g. FOnewms w/ RA techs, FOmarl with S/D range, etc.)

•Col•
Sep 4, 2011, 05:29 PM
There were only 3 classes.... Hunter, Ranger, and Force. So there weren't any boosts like you're talking about...

But there are Skill Trees and Subclasses, so I'm sure there will be something like it. In fact, in the Alpha, for the Force skill tree, there where skillchains to boost either your Foie, Barta, or Zonde spells in different ways.

WBMike
Sep 4, 2011, 06:49 PM
Saw on a chinese forum can't verify, read at your own risk.

http://www.upl.co/uploads/PSO21151.jpg

http://www.upl.co/uploads/PSO21152.jpg

http://www.upl.co/uploads/PSO21153.jpg

Hrith
Sep 4, 2011, 09:44 PM
If those hold any thruth, casts are going to dominate both hunter and ranger classes, again >_>

Hunters and rangers have a tech stat, so can they use spells or is the stat used for something else (traps?). They also have the same tech stat; in PSO/PSU, hunters were better at magic than rangers (as in HUmar > RAmar, HUnewearl > RAmarl, Wartecher > Guntecher).

Caseal no longer has the highest defense D:

Those stat differences are minor, I hope they turn into something huge when the game is released (or at higher levels), the bigger the differences, the better.

•Col•
Sep 4, 2011, 10:02 PM
If those hold any thruth, casts are going to dominate both hunter and ranger classes, again >_>

Yes.... Good.... Good... *evil cleansing of hands*

NOW TO SPITE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARGUED THAT BEASTS REMOVAL WOULD MAKE THE STATS BETWEEN THE RACES BALANCED!

Haha, but seriously, whatevz.

Hunters and rangers have a tech stat, so can they use spells or is the stat used for something else (traps?). They also have the same tech stat; in PSO/PSU, hunters were better at magic than rangers (as in HUmar > RAmar, HUnewearl > RAmarl, Wartecher > Guntecher).

In the alpha, Hunters/Rangers could not use techs (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2678018&postcount=1139). We dunno if they'll be able to in the full game, but personally I'm doubting it.

There will probably be a magic-using subclass for Hunters/Rangers though.

Kent
Sep 4, 2011, 10:28 PM
"Ability" and "Response" are rather odd names for stats. I'd guess the latter has something to do with evasion, but so far all evasion seems to be manual (maybe it has to do with invincibility frames granted by them?). "Ability" seems incredibly vague though.

As for technique bonuses... Well, they were implemented into PSO to give a tangible difference between the various Force characters, while other methods were used for different classes (HU/RAmars not getting buff/debuffs, respectively, HUnewearl/RAmarl getting most techniques up to level 20, Androids getting traps to various capacities, and such). In my opinion, it was one of the better design decisions made for the game, because it actually emphasized very different playstyles amongst the Force characters. It's something I would like to see return, but I'm guessing it'll be primarily handled within skill trees, but that means the current skill trees we know about would have to be redesigned considerably to accomodate them.

So I suppose it is possible they may bring it back as being race/sex-related amongst Forces, but naturally, there are people who have a problem with it being restricted as such.

D-Inferno
Sep 4, 2011, 11:15 PM
It's doubtful that's the final stat sheet, let alone accurate for at the max level.

Serephim
Sep 4, 2011, 11:41 PM
ho boy, casts are once again both str and ata superior.

Cast Supremecy is abound. I dont know why they even gave them the ability to pick Force in the first place.

Arkios
Sep 4, 2011, 11:51 PM
RAmar master race.

Does anyone know if a maximum level has been announced yet? The skill tree seems really small since it's only 30 class levels.

Randomness
Sep 5, 2011, 12:04 AM
If that's accurate, the gap between humans and newmans is smaller - HUnewearl having the same attack power as HUmarl. Most of the stat differences are small there... possibly more pronounced over levels, but at level 1 everyone should be equal.

Dinosaur
Sep 5, 2011, 01:15 AM
Ability = Accuracy
Response = Evasion

Hrith
Sep 5, 2011, 05:59 AM
If that's accurate, the gap between humans and newmans is smaller - HUnewearl having the same attack power as HUmarl. Most of the stat differences are small there... possibly more pronounced over levels, but at level 1 everyone should be equal.Yes, but I'm hoping that the starting stats set a trend which will become a bigger difference at high levels, and also, maybe a difference of a few points does make a significant difference. We do not know the how damage is going to be calculated, nor how equipment stats will factor in.

I shall remain hopeful.

Kent
Sep 5, 2011, 10:06 AM
Ability = Accuracy
Response = Evasion
Not sure what sense "accuracy" would make, given that thus far, the game seems to not have hit/miss calculations. I'm pretty sure those got abolished in one of the PSP games (and rightfully so). I've yet to see a "miss" pop up in a gameplay video.

Not to mention, if it's being used as a means of equipping ranged weapons or their potency... There's a separate stat for that just above: Striking, Ranged and Tech are potencies for those damage types, and could potentially be used for equipping them in the first place (unless it's all level-based this time around, or something).

As for evasion... Again, considering what we know of the mechanics, it seems somewhat-unlikely, unless it's something subtle or something we don't know about yet.

D-Inferno
Sep 5, 2011, 12:28 PM
ATA and EVP are gone from PSO2 completely, at least in terms of "random hitting/missing". In the Alpha, you never miss once. SEGA probably realized that "magical missing" is a thing of the past.

Tetsaru
Sep 5, 2011, 01:03 PM
Forces need high MST/TP to use magic. That's understandable. Hunters need high ATP to be able to swing huge melee weapons around - also understandable. But why do Rangers ALSO need ATP to pull a trigger on a gun?

If those charts are any indication of ranged weapons having their own stats, then I'm glad to see it. I hated how high-ATP melee-oriented jobs could sometimes be better than Ranger jobs at using gun weapons in the previous games...

Hrith
Sep 5, 2011, 01:50 PM
If those charts are any indication of ranged weapons having their own stats, then I'm glad to see it. I hated how high-ATP melee-oriented jobs could sometimes be better than Ranger jobs at using gun weapons in the previous games...Was that ever the case? >_>

Rangers were better than hunters at using melee in many, many cases, but I have never seen hunters being better gun users than rangers in any PS game.

Tetsaru
Sep 5, 2011, 02:33 PM
Was that ever the case? >_>

Rangers were better than hunters at using melee in many, many cases, but I have never seen hunters being better gun users than rangers in any PS game.

Hmm, I remember HUcasts in PSO being pretty strong with some good Vulcans. That, and the whole Beast gunners vs. Cast gunners arguments in PSU... I sure as hell don't remember gunners in PSU being good with melee weapons though, especially considering Fortegunner only got at Lv20 cap on melee PA's (mostly spears or sabers, if anything), and Gunmaster couldn't even use melee at all. And in PSO, I never used melee weapons as RAcast unless I was fighting those Satellite Lizard enemies that were immune to guns. Oh well, perhaps they were situational cases, I dunno. :confused:

I just hate it when certain jobs/races in RPG's that are meant for specific roles can suddenly outperform another job/race that actually specializes in that role. I remember how a friend of mine who used to play FFXI complained how sometimes Samurai could outdamage Dragoons at using spears, or how Summoner, Puppetmaster, and Beastmaster all had better moves and control over their "pets" than Dragoon did over their wyverns. Shit like that.

Serephim
Sep 5, 2011, 02:41 PM
ATA and EVP are gone from PSO2 completely, at least in terms of "random hitting/missing". In the Alpha, you never miss once. SEGA probably realized that "magical missing" is a thing of the past.

"missing" became "blocked" since PSU. You will most DEFINITELY "miss" enemies, quite frequently, in PSP2.

Difference is, in PSP2/PSU, if an attack is blocked, it draws 0 damage, but it also interrupts the enemy because they have to display a blocking animation.

Arkios
Sep 5, 2011, 02:51 PM
"missing" became "blocked" since PSU. You will most DEFINITELY "miss" enemies, quite frequently, in PSP2.

Difference is, in PSP2/PSU, if an attack is blocked, it draws 0 damage, but it also interrupts the enemy because they have to display a blocking animation.

That's a much better system, imo. I'm glad they made that change. Was there any stat/ability to lower their chance of blocking?

Was that ever the case? >_>

Prior to EP4, Hucasts with Hit% Charge Vulcs was the strongest combo in the entire game.

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2011, 04:40 PM
Hrith, I don't get it. Do you want all non-force characters to be androids, and all healers to be newmans? Do you want to make a new character every time you want to try out a new class? I can understand if the difference between races meant each class specialized in a different focus in each class (androids being stronger, newmans being faster, etc), that would be neat. But returning to PSU class unbalance would seem like it'd be painful. I'd much rather be able to pick my race and class based on looks and preferences.

Looking at the classes, I'm noticing that each type of damage is different. And I'm also noticing that newmans, despite being neutral at using guns in the PSU series, is back to being the worst at using guns (if just barely). I'm kinda glad , it's almost like they aren't basing the races solely on what they saw in the previous game, like what was done in PSU. However, it is still newmans, and not humans, that are best at force, so maybe they're still just looking at PSO, and not any older games...

Ha, look at me talking about this info like it's final, or even valid. I should know better than to trust a chart obtained from a random forum. Still, it's fun to speculate, and it does look like what I would expect.

Hrith
Sep 5, 2011, 06:45 PM
Prior to EP4, Hucasts with Hit% Charge Vulcs was the strongest combo in the entire game.You really did not know much about PSO, then.

Charge Vulcans were never the strongest weapon, on any character, let alone hunters.

Hmm, I remember HUcasts in PSO being pretty strong with some good Vulcans.Yes, but not 'stronger'.

That, and the whole Beast gunners vs. Cast gunners arguments in PSU...But they're both gunners. The argument here is cross-equipping.

I sure as hell don't remember gunners in PSU being good with melee weapons though, especially considering Fortegunner only got at Lv20 cap on melee PA's (mostly spears or sabers, if anything), and Gunmaster couldn't even use melee at all.Maybe, but PSU ranged classes were definitely a lot better at using melee than melee classes were at using ranged attacks, on the whole.
I remember I was dealing good melee damage as Fortegunner, but master classes forbade cross-equipping altogether, and they were all people played in the end =/
PSP2 made that worse with equipping any weapon you want at S grade and getting full combos at PA Lv11 and still giving rangers the best offensive stats.

In PSO, I never used melee weapons as RAcast unless I was fighting those Satellite Lizard enemies that were immune to guns.Yes, guns outdamaged melee weapons most of the time, but Rangers, especially RAmarl, were better at using melee than hunters, which was a joke.

The biggest problem was not how good rangers were at using melee, but that they could equip the best melee weapons in the game (Excalibur, Daylight Scar...). Those should not have been equippable by rangers, for the sake of balance. It was obvious that classes with a only a little less ATP but a lot more ATA and better DFP/EVP would dominate all aspects of the game if they could access both the highest tiers of ranged and melee weapons.

I just hate it when certain jobs/races in RPG's that are meant for specific roles can suddenly outperform another job/race that actually specializes in that role. I remember how a friend of mine who used to play FFXI complained how sometimes Samurai could outdamage Dragoons at using spears, or how Summoner, Puppetmaster, and Beastmaster all had better moves and control over their "pets" than Dragoon did over their wyverns. Shit like that.Yes, I hope we will not have the same syndrome from which previous PS games have suffered.

Kent
Sep 6, 2011, 12:55 AM
You really did not know much about PSO, then.

Charge Vulcans were never the strongest weapon, on any character, let alone hunters.
Oh, the irony. It hurts so good.

You've never played Version 1 - it's evident after reading this. A Hunter (any Hunter actually - since they had the same max ATP) equipped with Charge Vulcans could absolutely destroy bosses on Very Hard, including being able to kill Vol Opt in a single combo if your LCK was high enough to get a few crits in.

Just so you know, Version 1 was a game for the Dreamcast (which was a Sega console, the last one they made), and it did not have Ultimate difficulty and Rangers were completely useless for all intents and purposes: Despite their higher ATA, Hunters (and even Forces) got enough ATA at high levels to only very rarely miss attacks, even when using the Extra Attack action (which has very low accuracy, anyway).

Though I would disagree in saying HUcasts with them were the most powerful - solo, it would be a HUmar or HUnewearl, since back in that version, Hunters all had the same ATP cap (710), but both the HUmar and HUnewearl could learn all techniques up to level 15. Meaning, Shifta+Zalure=Significant damage increase. In a group, if there's someone that can provide these effects for you, all Hunters are basically identical in damage potential, as the only offensive difference is a meager handful of ATA. Also, Androids could not use Traps, while Humans/Newmen could still use techniques freely.

Obviously, it's not true for more recent versions of the game, due to various myriad changes in character, enemy and equipment balancing. However, the point still stands: You're wrong. If you're going to have an attitude about how much you think you know about the game, at least do some research before giving us a good laugh.

It's not really conducive to good discussion.

Angelo
Sep 6, 2011, 01:16 AM
I always thought the most damaging combo was a HUcast using Vyaja's special combo?

yoshiblue
Sep 6, 2011, 01:20 AM
I always saw Dragoons more as dragon slayers then dragon tamers.

Pillan
Sep 6, 2011, 08:12 AM
Well, I have to say that I am fairly happy from what I see of the stats. The racial differences have been reduced to practically nothing, which has always been my ideal. And even the biggest gap (TP/HP) is still about half what it was in PSU/PSP2.

I was a little surprised to see that human is still the high defense race (both magic and physical defense). And it is nice to see the return of Newmans with the lowest gun ability. Though I am still very surprised by how high the HP is on Ranger and Force. I assume that gap will increase substantially at higher levels.

As a note, Cast Supremacy generally doesn't work when the PA damage difference is 3.

Zyrusticae
Sep 6, 2011, 08:34 AM
These are largely meaningless without knowing how the stats progress at higher levels.

Also, still don't know what perks there are to playing a Hunewearl etc., since they can't use techs at all atm.

GCoffee
Sep 6, 2011, 08:34 AM
I just hope they won't be balancing the classes later on the way they did in PSU. Instead of weakening single aspects of certain classes to balance things out, the other classes just received a major boost in stats. Each class became stronger and stronger and stronger, while enemies stayed the same and eventually became mere push-overs thanks to that. It was a joke.

Hey, xfighter has much more atp than anyone else, that's no fair! Let's raise every classes' atp to match it!

Angelo
Sep 6, 2011, 08:35 AM
Also, still don't know what perks there are to playing a Hunewearl etc., since they can't use techs at all atm.

I have a feeling things like that won't come from your Class/Race/Gender combo, but from your Class/Subclass combo.

Pillan
Sep 6, 2011, 08:48 AM
These are largely meaningless without knowing how the stats progress at higher levels.

Of course, you can look to the other titles (PSU, PSP2, PSZ) to get a good idea of how it will change at higher levels. The only ones with major changes in stat distributions were PSO and PSP2, to some extent (in the HP and EVP stats only). Outside of that, racial differences never increased enough to double, or even decreased in the case of TP in PSU.

So, I would estimate that Cast will have at most 20% less tech than Newmans and at most 8% more melee and ranged damage.

moorebounce
Sep 6, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'm good with all the stats. If you have a problem with them then you should try to get a job with Sonic Team.

You can argue whos too powerful and whos too weak and all that balancing jazz but it's what Sonic team has set.

Just deal with it or don't play it.

Hrith
Sep 6, 2011, 02:53 PM
[..]Not only have I played all versions of PSO, I'm still more knowledgeable than you are about the first version of it.

I have never taken the Dreamcast PSO games into account, as I consider them failures. Also, version 2 is part of the game as an add-on, it is not a stand-alone game, so your point is moot, it's like saying 'but 6* weapons are good in PSU when you are Lv30'. Okay.

You sound very stupid trying to explain what a Dreamcast is to someone who started playing video games on a ColecoVision.

Should have bitten your tongue.

Zorafim
Sep 6, 2011, 03:09 PM
Not only have I played all versions of PSO, I'm still more knowledgeable than you are about the first version of it.

I have never taken the Dreamcast PSO games into account, as I consider them failures. Also, version 2 is part of the game as an add-on, it is not a stand-alone game, so your point is moot, it's like saying 'but 6* weapons are good in PSU when you are Lv30'. Okay.

You sound very stupid trying to explain what a Dreamcast is to someone who started playing video games on a ColecoVision.

Doesn't matter, had sex.

Arkios
Sep 6, 2011, 03:28 PM
Not only have I played all versions of PSO, I'm still more knowledgeable than you are about the first version of it.

I've played every version of the game at high levels (150+). Anyone that wasn't completely retarded ran with Vulcs w/Charge and Hit%. It had the most single-target damage output of any weapon and it was completely broken. (Charge special barely cost any meseta)

The fact that you're trying to argue against this is hilarious because you're either:
A) Trolling
B) Never leveled a character past 100.

The only thing that derailed this a bit was EP4 in BB because your chance to miss with the special was a lot higher as a HU. This is where RAs with a Hell/Devils Laser w/Hit% were completely broken due to their high ATA.

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 03:35 PM
All of you shut up, who the hell cares. I was wrecking shit with my god damn Musashi sacrifice attack. Who the hell needed all this crap you guys are talking about except for complete overkill, which is expected by the time you're level 150 in PSO.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 03:42 PM
Uh-OH!

PSO vs PSO nerd battle!

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah you better get ready Michaeru.

I had 400% hit Charge Vulcans grinded to +900 using an intricate technique that you can only do after abusing an overflow glitch by dealing over 500,000 damage to the dragon before the second phase. Me and my guild of pro elites did this by using only the best gear, with charge vulcans and J-swords max grinded, using max ATP and ATA hucasts.

get at me bro. I kill Olga Flow in one combo.

NoiseHERO
Sep 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
I played the gamecube version offline with 3 others, till our saves got currupted and we all quit at the same time...

At level 32...

Then hated BB.

GET AT THAT!

Zorafim
Sep 6, 2011, 03:51 PM
I forgot what the original conversation was.

Serephim
Sep 6, 2011, 04:00 PM
I played the gamecube version offline with 3 others, till our saves got currupted and we all quit at the same time...

At level 32...

Then hated BB.

GET AT THAT!

I was so good at PSO that a Tsumikiri J-sword dropped from a rappy in forest 1 normal mode. It only happens when you have 3 lv 200 characters with 999999999999 meseta and every rare weapon in alphabetical order in the bank and you make a new Humar with default everything and name him Ash.

Get. At. That.

Arkios
Sep 6, 2011, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a bunch of jelly casuals are clogging up my epic e-peen battle on the internet.

I don't care for that, not one bit.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 6, 2011, 04:07 PM
*Noms on popcorn*

That is all. Carry on. :D

Kent
Sep 6, 2011, 04:15 PM
Want some salt for your popcorn? May or may not be extracted from troll tears.

I always thought the most damaging combo was a HUcast using Vyaja's special combo?
I could see that being the case in tightly-packed groups of targets. You'd have to be hitting at least three enemies per swing (since, a Vjaya is going to have more ATP than a Vulcan per hit no matter what) to deal more damage per hit. However, you still have to factor in attack speed... But a Partisan-type weapon can hit as many targets as can be crammed in its area of effect, so it does have higher total damage potential for groups of targets, but not against a single target or very small groups.

Angelo
Sep 6, 2011, 06:56 PM
Let's just hope there is no Charge special this time.

It was a broken, stupid idea from the start.

Arkios
Sep 6, 2011, 07:11 PM

Agreed. If Meseta is SO easy to come by that people don't mind just completely throwing it away, then the economy is going to be fail.

Angelo
Sep 6, 2011, 07:18 PM
Berserk on the other hand...

-crosses fingers-

Sienna
Sep 6, 2011, 08:21 PM
Woo yeah, Kireek, Transformers, and lolinewearl all over again

Selphea
Sep 6, 2011, 11:24 PM

*facepalm*

*Unlikes PSO2 on Facebook, adds Blade & Soul*

kyuuketsuki
Sep 7, 2011, 12:21 AM

*facepalm*

*Unlikes PSO2 on Facebook, adds Blade & Soul*
I don't get it. What happened? What did I miss?

•Col•
Sep 7, 2011, 12:27 AM
I don't get it. What happened? What did I miss?

I think he/she is upset about the stats.

Anyway, I really do hope Casts are the best Hunters/Rangers... Hell, I hope they even somehow become the best Forces too.

Serephim
Sep 7, 2011, 12:40 AM

No it wasn't. It was a great idea.

They should have just changed the higher version to have damage that scaled based on the max amount of meseta you were carrying or something? Or maybe have the super strongest version take a base value + a precentage of your Meseta. (like 200 meseta + 2% of your meseta) so you couldn't spam the hell out of it without very quickly going poor.

So if you had 1000 meseta on you, and you used one charge vulcan attack, it would take 200 meseta + (1000* 0.02) == 220 Meseta per hit. 3 hits per attack, 3 attacks per combo, (220*3) * 3 == 1980 meseta per full combo. (more than you started with, which means you couldn't finish the combo.)

If you had 100,000 meseta on you, it would take 200 + (100,000 *0.02) == 2200 meseta. (2200 * 3) * 3 == 19000 meseta per combo.

Anyway, regardless that'd be a minimum of 18% of your money gone in a full, 9-hit vulcan combo, with a minimum of 200 needed each time to start the effect. That would result in even the richest bastards quickly going broke by abusing such an effect.

Raising the minimum % even a little bit would have a drastic effect. would equate to You could be even more strict and raise the base value. Either way, it's pretty easy to make a fair ability if you think about it even a little bit.

Edit: I just realized my math was wrong. If it was made to ALWAYS take 2%, then it would be somewhat less because your meseta would decrease with each hit. But that's an easy fix -- it can just be made to have the % effect be set constant to the amount you started the first hit with.

Selphea
Sep 7, 2011, 03:46 AM
Actually I'm kind of happy Sega made my decision of which game to pay for that much easier to make =x

Angelo
Sep 7, 2011, 04:01 AM
No it wasn't. It was a great idea.

They should have just changed the higher version to have damage that scaled based on the max amount of meseta you were carrying or something? Or maybe have the super strongest version take a base value + a precentage of your Meseta. (like 200 meseta + 2% of your meseta) so you couldn't spam the hell out of it without very quickly going poor.

So if you had 1000 meseta on you, and you used one charge vulcan attack, it would take 200 meseta + (1000* 0.02) == 220 Meseta per hit. 3 hits per attack, 3 attacks per combo, (220*3) * 3 == 1980 meseta per full combo. (more than you started with, which means you couldn't finish the combo.)

If you had 100,000 meseta on you, it would take 200 + (100,000 *0.02) == 2200 meseta. (2200 * 3) * 3 == 19000 meseta per combo.

Anyway, regardless that'd be a minimum of 18% of your money gone in a full, 9-hit vulcan combo, with a minimum of 200 needed each time to start the effect. That would result in even the richest bastards quickly going broke by abusing such an effect.

Raising the minimum % even a little bit would have a drastic effect. would equate to You could be even more strict and raise the base value. Either way, it's pretty easy to make a fair ability if you think about it even a little bit.

Edit: I just realized my math was wrong. If it was made to ALWAYS take 2%, then it would be somewhat less because your meseta would decrease with each hit. But that's an easy fix -- it can just be made to have the % effect be set constant to the amount you started the first hit with.

The main reason I dislike things like that have very little t do with the mechanics and everthing to do with the concept. I don't like aspects that give a very great advantage to the elitist 'no-lifers' with tons of cash. It creates more segregation between the haves and the have-nots. Online gaming as of late has shied away from the sort of 'gaming capitalism' and has made it so that even casuals have equal footing.

I know I'm going way of topic here... but yeah. Hated the Charge special.

A problem I see with your idea is that min-maxers would just be telepiping constantly to run back and forth between the bank and it would morph high level gameplay into a distorted 'meta game' that elitist snobs would claim is the only REAL way to play the game.

I apologize if there are any typos; I'm posting from my crap phone at work.

Kent
Sep 7, 2011, 06:19 AM
The Charge special worked within the context of PSO to some extent - which was a game where money didn't really mean much in the first place, just because of how easy it is to come by, compared to how much things actually cost in the shops.

If they're hoping to have a stable economy where meseta actually has real worth to players (which seems unlikely, to be honest), then a Charge special isn't really a good idea. Especially when you consider that drops are on a per-character basis now, you can kinda see that they're trying to separate economics from combat a bit more.

Things like Berserk and Spirit though, I could see as making a return. In fact, Spirit weapons could have much more interesting combat implications now, considering how PP works. It was pretty worthless in PSO because TP wasn't nearly as replenishable of a resource as HP was (since you could spend 40 TP to recover ~700 HP to everyone around you, as a Force character... Or just eat a *mate), which really inflated the relative value of Berserk as a special.

Of course, that could be resolved with the idea of temporary vs. permanent damage (things like Marvel vs. Capcom and Ninja Gaiden II do this), where damage taken is divided between "permanent" damage that lowers your max recoverable HP, and "temporary" damage which can be recovered in a mission. Permanent damage, of course, could be healed after completing or exiting a mission entirely. It's a thing that would completely change the game's underlying gameplay principles (possibly for the better)... But that might be a very different discussion.

Angelo
Sep 7, 2011, 07:27 AM
I like the temporary damage idea... but it's highly unlikely we'll see something like that in PSO2.

Pillan
Sep 7, 2011, 07:57 AM
I suppose it is a good time to remind anyone disappointed by these numbers that the displayed difference between Cast male and Newman female is half the difference between Beast male and Cast male in PSU/P2. And with the accuracy stat removed, this means that the monster has to take about 20 hits to die before Casts really see an advantage over Newman.

Of course, I assume individual class growth choices will exaggerate that later on.