PDA

View Full Version : Shijin element odds

dias_flac_0g
Sep 6, 2011, 10:14 PM
Is this completely random or does anything affect what the element the shijin will come out? Such as having all light swords hence making a light elemental shijin?

Now that we have Mr Dragon Sakai to give us a ton of Dragon scales a friend and I have been hunting them and so far I've gotten 2 ice shijin's (3 if I count the 24 ice I got during the event where the dragain scale first dropped) and 2 lighting ones. I mean this is kinda silly so I was wondering if there was anything besides randomness and personal "luck" involed?

My friend has it worse though, she's gotten 3 and all of them have been dark...

Any tips will be appreciated thanks :)

Keilyn
Sep 6, 2011, 10:23 PM
Probability,

However when you trade for an item like a shijin, trade for One Shijin at a time, then exit the mission and repeat it for your next shijin.

I remember when I traded for Unity Wills, I exchanged for six and got five dark ones and a lightning one......

Ilikelamp7
Sep 6, 2011, 10:35 PM
What part of the word random do we not understand?

HEADSH0TSCOTT
Sep 6, 2011, 11:28 PM
What part of the word random do we not understand?

The random part

Crysteon
Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 AM
It's totally random. Sega trolled me enough when Ten'imusous were damn easy to make...with 4 ground ones in a row (40 41, 42 and 44).

Keilyn
Sep 7, 2011, 01:06 AM
Randomness equates to percentages in the very end.

In a 1 in 6 drawing, to have over 50% chance of attaining the one you truly want, it takes four draws.

In a 1 in 7 drawing, to have over 50% chance of attaining the one you truly want, it takes five draws.

The 1 in 6 is when considering elements without possibility of neutrals.
The 1 in 7 considers elements + neutrals.

Over 50% does not mean in 4 - 5 tries you will get what you desire. Nor does it account for what kind of Element % you will get if you actually pull out the one you want.

milranduil
Sep 7, 2011, 01:43 AM
Assuming Sega's random number generator equates all elements with equal probability over a sufficient sample size, it's 1 in 7 for any given element. NOTHING will change that depending on if you feed 4 all fire swords or something. I don't get why people try to over-analyze what is very simple...