PDA

View Full Version : Alittle Help if you can?

Cloudstrife xx
Sep 7, 2011, 07:49 AM
I know they are asking about my sorcerer rod but im not quite sure what else they are asking?
http://i54.tinypic.com/2wprzid.jpg

DeltaViolet+
Sep 7, 2011, 08:16 AM
He said.

"He seen sorcerer rod being advertised do you still have it?"

Cloudstrife xx
Sep 7, 2011, 08:27 AM
Hes asking if you still have it.
yeah i got it now thanks selphia came in my room and helped me with it.

Tawon
Sep 7, 2011, 10:31 AM
Haven't you been playing on JP servers for a while? Thought you read japanese. =P

Cloudstrife xx
Sep 7, 2011, 11:00 AM
Haven't you been playing on JP servers for a while? Thought you read japanese. =P

5months i can read 100% of katakana but hirigana i only know maybe 5% and maybe 20 words like hello sorry thanks grats see ya ect (a friend from 360 that is half japanese half english was teaching me the basics of hirigana but i dont see her much now she moved to japan) and kanji well... thats just really hard im still trying though.

Tawon
Sep 7, 2011, 11:16 AM
isn't hirigana just like katakana? I know its different symbols but it should be the same sounds. I remember I was trying to teach myself all the symbols and I would make 2 charts one for kata and one for hiri same sounds just different symbols. Kanji ya GL with that, like 2000+ symbols or w/e, but I forgot all my kata/hiri =(

Like this for arigato(u) **think there is a silent U don't remember**
symbols should be a - ri - ga - to - u

アリガトウ katakana
ありがとう hirigana

just my 2cents =P

Cloudstrife xx
Sep 7, 2011, 11:52 AM
isn't hirigana just like katakana? I know its different symbols but it should be the same sounds. I remember I was trying to teach myself all the symbols and I would make 2 charts one for kata and one for hiri same sounds just different symbols. Kanji ya GL with that, like 2000+ symbols or w/e, but I forgot all my kata/hiri =(

Like this for arigato(u) **think there is a silent U don't remember**
symbols should be a - ri - ga - to - u

アリガトウ katakana
ありがとう hirigana

just my 2cents =P
Yes i understand some hirigana which i can see resembles katakana but some seem alittle to far off from katakana as i use it more maybe ill understand it better but with hirigana i dont use alot like i do katakana so its not as natural.

Omega-z
Sep 7, 2011, 06:23 PM
Tawon, it's tru you can use Katakana for Hirigana but you would not know what it is unless you know the word. Katakana is used for more English words in their Language, That's why there Phonically sounding English word's. Hirigana is the Old Language, even if you could go back in forth with katakana you still need to know what it is. Same goes with Kanji, Basic is about 2-3 Katakana or Hirigana symbols for one Kanji.

example : えぬ to エヌ (back in forth)
(same as the last but English Phonic ) ドグ to dog. (and these two back in forth unless you know えぬ is dog)
In this case Katakana may have 2 two versions of the same word. Even tho the Japanese know all 4 of them they Prefer that the old school one be used correctly, and use Katakana to the more Phonic words if they can. So you can't do this ( dog - ドグ - づぐ ) that would be incorrect.

Keilyn
Sep 7, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hiragana is used for native and local words to Japanese itself. All the Kanji kun-readings when in Japanese language use Hiragana.

Katakana is used for borrowed words from other languages to produce the sounds which do not exist in Hiragana. It is also used for "caligraphy" to exemplify and glorify Standard Japanese words....like to make them stand out.

The Ancient/Old Japanese Language is expressed in On-Readings.

When the Taiwanese entered Japan, they brought forth Kanji. The Kanji were too hard to read. Women then simplified and created the Kana (Hiragana and katakana) then the Kanji began to become simplified.

They gained two readings.

On-Readings are readings closer to how the Japanese Spoke when they were brought into the nation.

Kun-Readings are more modern readings based on Hiragana.

If you wish a crash course in Japanese, I've organized some lessons. I would post in these forums, but

a) no one has asked me

b) no one has expressed demand.

c) I do not have the Morale to do it here.

I have a hobby and a habit of teaching and spending time doing so....but not so someone can turn around a week later and send me to hell after abusing my time and energy.

I can get along with many in-game and offer to help there...but over here its a different story and I find those tied to the forums are jerks and those who are in-game not tied to the forums are more down to earth.

*Just like when I played with Jess at Ohtori...I wasn't there to compete in a Time Attack Trial since in Simple-Mail with Delta I was not told it was a Time Attack Specialization we were running.I was there to offer whatever help I could, and glad we won our rounds. Simple as that. I stayed to my role and even completely changed my configuration for the party and was willing to do so...*

You learn from me if you respect and are a friend or you go to hell with any of the offerings I have, because i have a lot of skills learned that pertain to the real world that will be of use to many long after this game is gone...and unlike most ,I offer to teach anyone any of my skills who is a friend.

Just trying to be meaningful and help, but the kind of garbage I've dealt with people here is long overdue in being addressed. I stopped teaching others until I can get the respect I deserve.

Ilikelamp7
Sep 7, 2011, 10:54 PM
You're post is meaningless if you say you can offer help but are not going to.

Cloudstrife xx
Sep 7, 2011, 11:02 PM
Everything he posts is meaningless...

Omi
Sep 7, 2011, 11:09 PM
Everything he posts is meaningless...

You actually read all of it all the time? But... yes, indeed QFT.

DeathDragon2332
Sep 7, 2011, 11:13 PM
I find Hiragana 2 be easier. I can barley read katakana.