PDA

View Full Version : Im Scared ):

Kaju122
Sep 7, 2011, 02:45 PM
I'm scared that it wont hit the west.... or it will and we'll get gypped out of alot of content, T.T

Mag-X
Sep 7, 2011, 03:10 PM
I can't imagine it won't come out here, but I'd bet on them screwing it up after a few months. Sega has a proven track record here.

MAXrobo
Sep 7, 2011, 03:13 PM
well this is there chance to fix that

Kaju122
Sep 7, 2011, 03:21 PM
yes.... I'm put off by SEGA's track record... but I'm willing to give them another chance.... but you can't blame me for being worried. x.x

Justyn_Darkcrest
Sep 7, 2011, 03:52 PM
Oh look, it's this old topic again!

Anon_Fire
Sep 7, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm scared that it wont hit the west.... or it will and we'll get gypped out of alot of content, T.T

I assure you PSO2 will come to the US.

Kaju122
Sep 7, 2011, 04:01 PM
I assure you PSO2 will come to the US.

:) Thanks.

chaos-shadow
Sep 7, 2011, 04:03 PM
I agree - I would bet everything it will come out in the West. How could they pass up this money cow?

And well - they may get slow at updates (which honestly, I don't mind so much) but at least we won't have to worry about re-skins. I don't think it will get as bad as PSU . . . I hope.

((Or by the time it gets to that terrible slow down point I will have forgotten. XD ))

kyuuketsuki
Sep 7, 2011, 04:16 PM
Considering the game is already built and they know very well that there's a fan base in the Western markets, it'd seem foolish not to do a US/EU release. All they have to do is localize it and set up the servers. Even if they don't expect much success, it's still easy profit. And heck, if they do a good job and don't screw over the Western customers, it might actually be successful.

Golto
Sep 7, 2011, 04:17 PM
We can only hope for some kind of global server system for pso2 if we don't want what happened to NA psu pc/ps2 to happen again. Get almost 1 year behind in updates then get shutdown. It doesn't look like there will be a 360 version with a larger population this time to keep the NA server afloat.

Macras
Sep 7, 2011, 06:13 PM
lets hope this one ships with a decent anti-hack protection...

Worship
Sep 7, 2011, 06:34 PM
If all the handheld PS titles that are not nearly as popular as console/PC titles managed to make it here, I don't see why PSO2 wouldn't.

•Col•
Sep 7, 2011, 06:56 PM

Gameguard was used for the alpha, so.... Yeah..........

*cough*....

HandOfThornz
Sep 7, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yep, PSO2 will make it to the west, but i reckon we will not see it until 3-4 months after it has been released in JP. So we will again be playing catch up.
I suppose the kinda of cool thing is, if there are player shops and a global server, we may be able to get cheaper cooler lower level gear to start off with. :D

Anon_Fire
Sep 7, 2011, 07:01 PM

*cough*....

SEGA really needs to drop Gameguard.

Kaju122
Sep 7, 2011, 07:30 PM
If all the handheld PS titles that are not nearly as popular as console/PC titles managed to make it here, I don't see why PSO2 wouldn't.

): .....Infinity....

Dabian
Sep 7, 2011, 07:43 PM
Not to add to the anxiety, even if the game did get localized, I'd still be worried about the translation :p

Alexvrb
Sep 7, 2011, 08:15 PM

*cough*....Yeah my thoughts exactly. Oh well. I won't even let gameguard stop me from playing. Maybe I'll install PSO2 and Gameguard on a seperate OS install on another partition. :-P

SELENNA
Sep 7, 2011, 09:18 PM
It'll be released, that's 100% guaranteed.

Though they will again release much more content in Japan. Which is why I hope they don't IP-ban certain countries so I can play when the JP version is ready.

Serephim
Sep 7, 2011, 09:27 PM

Name 5 hacking epidemics in PSU's lifetime.

Go! Glitches do not count. (So no Machine Gun glitch)

Angelo
Sep 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
The RAmar concept art would not look the way it does if they did not have a western release in mind.

Serephim
Sep 7, 2011, 11:27 PM
HAHAAHAH WHAT?

What would you call the PSO Ramar art then?

Macras
Sep 7, 2011, 11:46 PM
Name 5 hacking epidemics in PSU's lifetime.

Go! Glitches do not count. (So no Machine Gun glitch)

dont the first like... 5 months of PSU's lifespan count?

people running around with S ranks that werent available
people running through walls
killing things from out of normal attack range
making people say things that never were never typed
people with infinite meseta(may have been a glitch)
wasnt there also people running around in outfits not available as well?

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI[/spoiler-box]

Arkios
Sep 7, 2011, 11:50 PM
It'll be released, that's 100% guaranteed.

Though they will again release much more content in Japan. Which is why I hope they don't IP-ban certain countries so I can play when the JP version is ready.

Ditto. If the "English" language option actually shows all the menus and text in English, I'll gladly play the JP version.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2011, 12:15 AM
Does ray photons being sold for 100k average due to a massive inflation caused by hacked meseta count? How about a guy showing off his drops by selling it for capped meseta, only for it to be sold the next day by someone who had more than the meseta cap from second hand meseta hacks? Or just an overall ruined economy caused by unworkable inflation?

Nothing else really mattered to me. I could care less about hacked weapons (when 9* 50% were clearly superior anyway), or unreleased outfits, since that hardly effects anyone. But when I can't even trade properly, that did kind of upset me.
At least until I got into a group of friends who gave each other what they needed when they needed it, then it wasn't so bad. Still could have been neat if I was interested in the economy instead of just giving it up for dead, though.

Damn, I'm not helping the topic any. I wish I had something pleasant to say, but I remain pessimistic until the day I get my hands on the controller.

Cephei Mordred
Sep 8, 2011, 08:26 AM
If they do make separate servers and they do mess it up I'll just do the black magic needed to play it in JP. If it wasn't for better games out I'd have done so with PSU.

Angelo
Sep 8, 2011, 09:23 AM
HAHAAHAH WHAT?

When you take into consideration the way they talked about 'macho black' protagonists in western games during the pre-alpha event and then look at the art, it seems like they have a particular idea in mind.

What would you call the PSO Ramar art then?

Token white gunner? I dunno.

chaos-shadow
Sep 8, 2011, 10:09 AM
Also, English translated PSO2 Facebook updates is also a hint. ^_^

•Col•
Sep 8, 2011, 10:24 AM
The RAmar concept art would not look the way it does if they did not have a western release in mind.

You know, it is actually kinda weird that they specified that the RAmar looks like the type to be a hero from a Western video game/shooter...

NoiseHERO
Sep 8, 2011, 05:39 PM
OH YEAH, Ray photons, that over-expensive ice element for weapon synthesis...

Man those were the days, back when PSU felt had stuff to look forward to, but it really didn't after AOI. Not for 'mericans...

garjian
Sep 9, 2011, 10:08 AM
We can only hope for some kind of global server system for pso2 if we don't want what happened to NA psu pc/ps2 to happen again. Get almost 1 year behind in updates then get shutdown. It doesn't look like there will be a 360 version with a larger population this time to keep the NA server afloat.

i dont recall any "NA" servers.
i do recall "EU/NA" servers.

ethereal
Sep 9, 2011, 12:25 PM
Sega usually treats its US customers poorly, and runs the game into the drain. I'm saying this from fact. Wish they were a great company that cared and listened to their fanbase, but they aren't. That said, I hope the game comes here so I can get SOME enjoyment out of it. If we're lucky, they'll learn from their mistakes.

S|e|7|e|N
Sep 9, 2011, 01:15 PM
I will. Most likely. And I'll be sure to play it till they run it into the ground. Then I'll just do what I did last time. Switch over to the jp server. However I"ll give them another chance. Like I have so many time in the past.

Golto
Sep 9, 2011, 01:42 PM
i dont recall any "NA" servers.
i do recall "EU/NA" servers.

Lets not start this bs again, the non-JPN psu servers were in California. A rare few Aussies played psu do you want to call it NA/EU/AU servers?

Criss
Sep 9, 2011, 05:10 PM
Well, considering they're building the game for an upgradable platform on which they have complete control (unlike the PS2 and X360), I think they'll have a much easier time getting updates to the English servers. I'm sure PSO2 will be much better updated and maintained outside of JP than PSU was.

SELENNA
Sep 9, 2011, 11:23 PM
Well, considering they're building the game for an upgradable platform on which they have complete control (unlike the PS2 and X360), I think they'll have a much easier time getting updates to the English servers. I'm sure PSO2 will be much better updated and maintained outside of JP than PSU was.

I'm from Quebec too!

Let's not forget that with a PC only release, they can focus more resources on the game rather than thinking about ports. Also, updates won't have to be approved by Microsoft / Sony etc.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 9, 2011, 11:38 PM
Optimism is awesome, plus it's backed up with facts! :D

MadDogg
Sep 15, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'm from Quebec too!

Let's not forget that with a PC only release, they can focus more resources on the game rather than thinking about ports. Also, updates won't have to be approved by Microsoft / Sony etc.

Meh, just because the game is PC only doesn't mean everything is going to be fine and dandy. The whole PC only thing already happened with blue burst, and that game bombed faster/harder than any console version of pso/psu in existence when it comes to the west. This is why I think its stupid for certain posters on this and the gamefaqs pso2 boards to blame microsoft for psu's lack of updates when it comes to the 360 version of that game, when in reality nothing will change unless sega of japan get their shit in gear when it comes to international support. If anything, having the game on a console with a harddrive will guarantee the game to actually survive for awhile, since there is like no competition whatsoever in the online rpg market on the 360/PS3 right now.

Golto
Sep 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
Too bad sega would only spend 1% of ad money they are spending on that stupid kinect game than they will spend advertising this game in the US.