PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else think that the team is pointless?

D Zonatai
Sep 7, 2011, 11:01 PM
On single player mode, that is.

I've beat all the bosses on my own, because everyone always ends up dying! Dx That included Mother Trinity and Dark Falz(?)...so I'm sad :< anybody else had the same experience?

Nilkemios
Sep 7, 2011, 11:30 PM
Same here. They really could've done more regarding NPCs.

1) Make them powerful enough to to real damage. It was just ridiculous to see Sarisa with an Alice Oliva and yet she's barely doing double digit damage with Magical Sign or her techs. Kai's only good feature is lighting hostiles on fire. Ogi attacks from long range but that hardly helps. Reve has his gun PA that can stun, but I'm better at that.

2) More partners. Dairon should've been available. Same for Ana. That cable worker cast (Natsume?) could've been a good choice. Maybe Lindow as well. Heck, even those random cats! All I'm saying is that only 3 NPC partners is not enough. Surely we're not the only hunters in the city..

3) While they were smarter than PSP1 AI (then again, just about any other game's AI is), the NPCs probably could've been made smarter. Having them Alanti me back to life would be nice at least.

Inexx
Sep 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
On single player mode, that is.

I've beat all the bosses on my own, because everyone always ends up dying! Dx That included Mother Trinity and Dark Falz(?)...so I'm sad :< anybody else had the same experience?

Lol I use em for bait to keep the big guys off me, thats about it. :-?

Norco
Sep 8, 2011, 09:44 AM
I think they're helpful but only as support. If I choose Sarisa, Kai and Reve I am bound to get heal extra sometimes, especially if I choose the command "Safety first!".

Also if you manage to keep all alive for the boss you can chain Photon Blasts to get some nice bonuses such as unlimited tp, invulnerability and so on. Once you finished chaining the pb all of your followers will also have that, thats when you set them to all out attack and for the first time ever they feel useful.

darkante
Sep 8, 2011, 11:17 AM
Usually, the NPC in any online PS seems ´tarded.
But they are mostly used for bait and photon blast in this case.

Proves slightly more useful in Infinity with the chaining...yeah.

D Zonatai
Sep 9, 2011, 08:24 PM
haha x'D probably....I just don't ever bother reviving them since--so far--I can kill them all so easily! The bosses that is...

However, I have yet to continue to discover more things about the game, seeing as I bought it used and without a game box and pamphlet :<

Atbar
Sep 9, 2011, 10:08 PM
No, not really. If you keep them alive until the boss, they can contribute to your PB blast. They can build up to a chain of 10 before one of them decides to use their weak PA to break it. If you beat them to the punch and use your PA first though, you do a lot more damage than you normally do. Kai sets enemies on fire for damage over time often and has a weak Resta alongside casting Shifta or Deband depending on what mode he's in (Safety First for Deband and Shifta for the everything). Reve can stun enemies often also has a weak Resta. Sarisa has the best Resta of the bunch and uses it fairly frequently. Ogi...well I seem to complain about him the most but still seem to pick him over Reve...mostly because Reve dies a lot more often than Ogi does...and Reve is the most annoying character in the game for me. I mostly put up with Reve to get the title for inviting him 50 times on a mission title.

Eclipse5632
Sep 12, 2011, 11:44 PM
If you're bringing NPCs with you to help you do damage, then you're doing it wrong. I think the reason they made them so weak is so you can't enter a room and sit there while the NPCs take care of the enemies for you (and so you would be more inclined to play online). I only bring NPCs with me for support, so that means Ogi's out. Sarisa heals for a lot, her melee attacks poison when she's a high enough level, and she freezes enemies sometimes. Kai heals, buffs, and burns enemies. Reve heals and sometimes stuns enemies. Though, the most important thing might just be that they distract enemies and soak damage. XD

D Zonatai
Sep 15, 2011, 11:09 PM
Hahaha, I definitely don't bring them along for damage x'D It's all for support, but they're still useless, mostly because I'm still quite new to the game since I had to figure everything out by myself...I do all the damage, but other than the fact that I despise Sarisa's character, she's useful when it comes to healing...Kai can be quite useful, too, I prefer him out of everyone else. I'm in the Eternal Tower right now, so I brought no one along to challenge myself a bit more--on normal, first, though--aaand...I've been rethinking it x'D...I like the support the people give...

Dr. Montague
Sep 17, 2011, 08:55 AM
I almost never bring them, unless I have to because the quest doesn't let me pick otherwise. Sarisa and Kai are the only ones who actually at least do something for me, but that really isn't saying much, since their attacks are absolutely horrid when playing on SH. I find it much less of a hassle being alone in battle than having to keep the other guys alive and get little support from them.

Eclipse5632
Sep 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
You don't really have to "keep them alive". They automatically revive when you go to the next room, so it's not like it's a huge deal if they die.

Atbar
Sep 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
You don't really have to "keep them alive". They automatically revive when you go to the next room, so it's not like it's a huge deal if they die.

If you're not dependent on using the NPCs for 4-way PBs, then I agree.

Eclipse5632
Sep 18, 2011, 06:17 PM
I guess if you're using Flozir, but... I dunno. I never really got into any situations in single player where I, like, NEEDED to have a 4-chain PB or else I wouldn't be able to make it through or something. I suppose that would fall under the category of "not dependent on using the NPCs for 4-way PBs", though.

Macman
Sep 18, 2011, 09:03 PM
Though, the most important thing might just be that they distract enemies and soak damage. XDAnd they do that rather well, I might add. I believe Kai has over 1000 HP by the time you reach lv100.

D Zonatai
Sep 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
I'd say Kai is the most helpful out of everyone o__O I'll have to start getting better at combos because I've got Flozir (...I accidentally fed it an arkharz soul...Dx I wanted to keep the chato...)

Shotte
Oct 8, 2011, 07:26 AM
What are you talking about, the NPCs do great damage!

...In the first story mission.

Jokes aside, They're basically meatshields and not much else. It's just a good job Sarisa can pump out Heals like no tommorow, and Kai's got a useful burn and some small buffing abilities, as well as weak healing. You can bring along Reve too if you want, but that pretty boy is about as hard as a pillow, and he always seems to use downright suicidal tactics, as well. Ogi's not so impressive either. He tends to distract the mobs a lot... But not really in a good way. Really, At least Reve has a battle personality and an actual role. I know CASTs are simpler characters in battle, but Ogi's just bland. They could at least have fitted some sort of effect to his attacks. I'd probably just bring Kai and Sarisa and leave the both of them behind. Sure, it's a waste of a slot, but as far as I'm concerned they're liabilities so often that there's no point using that slot.

Lixxy78
Oct 10, 2011, 05:51 PM
I do agree on the meat shield analogy. I play a Ramarl so I prefer to just let them take the damage and I'll parry around and do the damage. I also like the free heals at times so i guess there not completely useless.

Eclipse5632
Oct 11, 2011, 01:11 AM
I'd probably just bring Kai and Sarisa and leave the both of them behind. Sure, it's a waste of a slot, but as far as I'm concerned they're liabilities so often that there's no point using that slot.
Liabilities? It's not like them dying is detrimental in any way. You might as well get the extra damage/healing (if you bring Reve), and if you're lucky he might stay alive long enough to get his PB for you to chain off of.

Lesita
Oct 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
lol's i totally use them has meatshield! xD but yeah they are kinda useless. unless has eclipse5632 said, they stay alive long enough to use the PB chain, then they die :(