PDA

View Full Version : Is PSOBB Dead?

Inexx
Sep 8, 2011, 01:29 AM
I tried all day today to get a copy of PSOBB, it was impossible. my guess is that it doesnt exsist anymore

HeartBreak301
Sep 8, 2011, 02:09 AM
It exists on private servers still. Just google around for it and you'll find what I mean. I can't really help any more here since we can't really talk about private servers. If you end up having connection problems and whatnot, be sure to post on their forums, not here since we're not allowed to help you.

TrueChaos
Sep 10, 2011, 07:27 AM
you can't get a hard copy of BB as it's an online only game and has to be downloaded. as HeartBreak said, we can't talk about private servers but a google search should tell you what you need to know

Inexx
Sep 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
everytime i download it, it doesnt seem to run. is that because i dont have a server to connect to?

blace
Sep 10, 2011, 10:00 PM
The official client still exists but the servers for it is long gone. Private servers use modified clients to run on theirs. If the client you're using is from one of them, it's best to ask for help on their boards.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:22 PM
I just started playing on the private servers again, and it looks super healthy. I had an easy time getting a full group, and there were plenty of parties to chose from.

I have to ask, why can't we talk about the private servers again? There aren't any official ones still up, are there?

TrueChaos
Nov 4, 2011, 02:33 PM
private servers are illegal so by talking about them we are promoting people playing the game illegally. Sega knows there are private servers, some of the staff even play on the biggest ones, but they don't care so aren't doing anything to have them brought down

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:37 PM
Well, if I moved on from a project I started ten years ago, and someone else wanted to pick it up with no pay, I don't think I'd mind either. It's still wierd that the biggest forum for PSO isn't allowed to talk about the biggest server to play PSO on.

blace
Nov 4, 2011, 04:15 PM
You are on a roll with bumping these threads. To keep it simple, PSOW follows the same guidelines as the official Sega board.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 10:23 PM
I didn't quite realize that there's only one page on the forum, and thus didn't realize that half a page down means half a year old.

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 09:48 AM
Probably means PSOBB is dead then.

At least outside of the minds of it's fans.

Barely.

Naruuchiha1313
Nov 5, 2011, 06:08 PM
I still play PSOBB. I don't think it's dead, I started all my characters over, still as fun as ever.

Mystil
Nov 6, 2011, 10:23 AM
No version of PSO, except for EpIII(who cares about that game..) is dead. If you want to play any, do a search.

AlexCraig
Nov 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mystil;2699080](who cares about that game..)QUOTE]

Yo.

On topic, PSOBB is not dead. It is only on private servers now, which we cannot discuss the names of, how to link to, or how to log on to on these forums as per the forum rules.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 7, 2011, 02:05 PM
No version of PSO, except for EpIII(who cares about that game..).

*Raises hand*

MichaelPatrick
Nov 9, 2011, 08:06 PM
where can i get this game. I've tried it probably 5 different times over the past 5 years and could never get a working version.

blace
Nov 9, 2011, 09:33 PM
where can i get this game. I've tried it probably 5 different times over the past 5 years and could never get a working version.

Discussion or links to said servers is prohibited and Google is your friend.

AzureAsh
Nov 15, 2011, 03:46 AM
(who cares about that game..)
Actually, a lot of people care about PSO Episode 3. Including me, I loved the game. Although you may not, it was still a great game even if it was incredibly different to Episode 1&2!

Lady Nadia
Nov 16, 2011, 01:35 PM
Actually, a lot of people care about PSO Episode 3. Including me, I loved the game. Although you may not, it was still a great game even if it was incredibly different to Episode 1&2!

i still play psobb as well. but i definitely second this i loved ep3. best pso ever made imo.

AlexCraig
Nov 16, 2011, 09:13 PM
I play BB more than Ep3, but Ep3 more than GC Ep1&2, oddly. So I guess PSO Ep3 is my second most played PSO game.

Xenobia
Dec 6, 2011, 12:38 AM
Just wonder who is doing the rules and for what reason since this site isnt official and any activity of providing infos isnt illegal itself, so cant be attacked. Although i know that we have connections to the official SEGA staff, which is no wonder since this site is probably most popular. And we do not want to upset SEGA, thats certain. However, just as you people said, even official staff is playing on some private servers and there is no other choice... you do it or you stop playing it.

blace
Dec 6, 2011, 01:50 AM
There's JP PSOBB, assuming that it's still running, and most likely is considering that a raffle was set for it for PSO 2 Alpha testing drawings.

Link1275
Dec 6, 2011, 12:17 PM
For PSOBB you have private servers and as far as I know that's it. As I'm pretty certain they shut JP PSOBB down for PSO2.

ZER0 DX
Dec 9, 2011, 02:35 AM
Half right, JP PSOBB is shut down so all official versions of PSO are dead. They didn't shut down because of PSO2 though. There was literally nothing else they could do with the game and there was hardly anyone playing it. Even the last few weeks of JP when I logged on there was absolutely nobody playing.

Only way to play PSO online now is through private servers.

Link1275
Dec 9, 2011, 01:38 PM
Which are actually doing fairly well. Although I don't know about all servers, but on the one I play on it's not hard to find PD shops and locked rooms.

ZER0 DX
Dec 10, 2011, 05:19 AM
Considering the time when I played the server numbers were near double what it is currently, it's not doing as well as it used to honestly.