PDA

View Full Version : What's your favor Tier 1 Armor.

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 11:05 AM
Tier 1 you say it's any Armor that gives 3 or more boost to a character. 2 or more of those boost (not counting Armor stat's ) need to be over 200 or have over 6 in STA/END with 1 at least or over 200.

the list so far we have so far (counting Armor stat's and boost ):

RED LINE - 450atp - 250ata - 300tp - 380dfp - 430mst - 700evp - 10sta - restricted - this one can also be double Set'd but can only use one type.
Shijin - 200atp - 150ata - 300tp - 356dfp - 420mst - 358evp - 2sta - non restricted - can be double Set'd but becomes a little restricted, Can use both type's.
Kevlar Suit - 450atp - 0ata - 0tp - 300dfp - 700mst - 220evp - 10sta - restricted
Bugie-Senba - 150atp - 50ata - 0tp - 330dfp - 500mst - 425evp - 10sta - restricted - can be double Set'd but doing so becomes a little more restricted, Can only use one type.

There mite be a couple more but need to be tested more. here's the list for the other's:

Wing Line - this one can also be double Set'd but can only use one type.
Drill Line
Thirteen
Milias Frame
Ryukoh

So, What's your favorite and how do you use it.:):rappy:

Positive
Sep 9, 2011, 11:15 AM
Bugei, just for the lol name.

Midori Oku
Sep 9, 2011, 11:18 AM
Shijin

Nel
Sep 9, 2011, 11:27 AM
shijin shijin shijin

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 11:30 AM
Kevlar Suit - the boost is 450atp, 400MST + the 300MST the armor already has and 10 STA. There's no ATA boost

XbikXBd
Sep 9, 2011, 11:30 AM
red or Kepler Suit

TheAstarion
Sep 9, 2011, 11:31 AM
Shijin because it works with every class (except MF where Feri/Force & Armas beats it out). If you use anything with ATP, you'll feel the love from that head slot. And you don't have to shell out infinite money for Misourri weapons like with the Kev, or sacrifice your rainbow/resist with Redline, or be stuck with katanas all the time.

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 11:38 AM
Shijin because it works with every class (except MF where Feri/Force & Armas beats it out).

Explain how Feri/Force + Armas beats out the Shijin Bonus

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 11:42 AM
str898mustang the 400+ to mst was just to the Mizu/Overcharge alone it was a typo at Psupedia. the JPwiki and JPPurist say the armor has the 450 atp , 200 ata , 100 evp and 10 sta for boost and the armor gives 300 dfp, 120 evp, 300 mst.

XbikXBd
Sep 9, 2011, 11:42 AM
Explain how Feri/Force + Armas beats out the Shijin Bonus

i hear this too i want a formal test XD lol cz sadly im one of the old JP players and i still dont have a shijin or feri force......

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 11:50 AM
str898mustang the 400+ to mst was just to the Mizu/Overcharge alone it was a typo at Psupedia. the JPwiki and JPPurist say the armor has the 450 atp , 200 ata , 100 evp and 10 sta for boost and the armor gives 300 dfp, 120 evp, 300 mst.

I'm on the wiki right now...it says 450atp boost, 400MST, and 10 STA

http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/index.php?%A4%BD%A4%CE%C2%BE%2F%BD%F1%A4%AD%CA%AA% 2F%A5%BB%A5%C3%A5%C8%C1%F5%C8%F7%A4%CE%A5%B9%A5%B9 %A5%E1

Midori Oku
Sep 9, 2011, 11:52 AM
Shijin because it works with every class (except MF where Feri/Force & Armas beats it out).
lol no.

You don't need added range to Ra-techs, and the extra stat boosts help as well.

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 11:53 AM
str898mustang with the Feri/Force & Armas there the same in power and use but unless we where wrong in the tech power that the Armas gives. That Armas has better Evp & Sta then the Shijin since it would also lose the boost to use the Feri/Force. Also the Armas is much more easier to get then the Shijin.

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
str898mustang I was using the actual Armor page it's more exact then the other but not Perfect I guess with the Possibility it may have that stat we need to test it then. Here's the page I was using
http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/index.php?DB%2F%C1%F5%C8%F7%2F%CB%C9%B6%F1

TheAstarion
Sep 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
350 tech + 300% speed > 300 tech + 200% speed. Does Armas add 50 TP too? In that case, it's 400 tech + 300% speed.

Range is a bonus, perhaps unnecessary, annoying sometimes when you accidentally hit something like a secret box in Zeta out of order because your megid JUST WOULDN'T STOP!. PP reduction is pretty much the same.

Other stats are indeed useful, granted. Also... Extra 2 stamina allows males (lol) to get to 22 with a hizeri/stamina. Everyone's a little girl though so...

Armas is also easier to come by, farm for high %, and sell the trash to lower players.

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 12:02 PM
Feri/Force is only 250tp

Def > EVA when you got lvl180+ enemies

Not everyone plays a female newman *points at Sig*

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 12:03 PM
str898mustang I was using the actual Armor page it's more exact then the other but not Perfect I guess with the Possibility it may have that stat we need to test it then. Here's the page I was using
http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/index.php?DB%2F%C1%F5%C8%F7%2F%CB%C9%B6%F1

I'll test it here in a bit and post the results if the MST is boosted or not.

TheAstarion
Sep 9, 2011, 12:09 PM
You play a male and you're arguing against the best way to get 21 stamina? You might be good at dodging megid and casting at me/quick speed. I'd prefer to work towards har/quick speed personally.

You can get 22 with Mantra, or spend 1AP to get to 21, and use shijin. Or you can have better speed. Kills are the best form of crowd control, for none more so than Hamsterforces.

Edit: Also, my bad on the TP boost. Thanks for pointing that out.

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 12:12 PM
No i actually use a 50% Dark Gera-senba w/ Feri/Force, lvl3 Stamina and Hizeri/Stamina.

When it comes to a better all around armor, Shijin is the top.

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 12:16 PM
?huh? TheAstarion What do you mean?

Shijin - without the F/Force & use the boost is 300 tp (100 for Ouryu + 50 for Armor + 150 for Boost ) and has 10% reduction +100 mst.

Shijin - with F/Force is 300 tp ( 250 for F/Force + 50 for Armor ) has 20% reduction, 66% faster in casting and 10% in distance.

Armas - with F/Force is 300 tp ( 250 for F/Force + 50 for Armor ) has 20% reduction, 66% faster in casting and 10% in distance. unless the Armor gives a higher Tech support.

both Armas and Shijin are equal in power but the difference is the Defensive stat's. Shijin would give you better DFP & MST but Armas gives better EVP & STA so it's a coin flip then. If you are using the F/Force.

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah on the Missori Set, there's definately a MST boost.

lvl150 Ageeta
With SO12 Equipped - barts does 60-80 damage
W/O SO12 Equipped - Barta does 150-160 Damage

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 12:41 PM
Actually a Feri-senba has the Highest normal Armor boost for tp so far as it is listed.
and has better DFP and EVP then Armas and would beat Shijin in power but not by much and would be moot point at best.

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 12:46 PM
str898mustang that's awesome, ty for Confirming it. I'll change that and put it right. Yeah sometimes you just have to tested it yourself to really find it. I had the same thing with the STA on the Bugie, they had it wrong it wasn't 4 but 10. Since I compare it too the Mizu and Smokingplate when it did the test and other STA boosting items just to make sure. Thank you gain.:)

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 12:56 PM
question for everyone, Has any one double Set or double boost themselves with two Set boost's yet?

str898mustang
Sep 9, 2011, 01:09 PM
Feri-senba would be nice if the board dropped but it doesn't.

The only double boosts I can think of are:
Shijin Bonus with a weapon that boosts with Mizu/Overange
Shijin Bonus with Drill Power + the weapons that combo with Drill Power

TheAstarion
Sep 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
?huh? TheAstarion What do you mean?

Shijin - without the F/Force & use the boost is 300 tp (100 for Ouryu + 50 for Armor + 150 for Boost ) and has 10% reduction +100 mst.

Shijin - with F/Force is 300 tp ( 250 for F/Force + 50 for Armor ) has 20% reduction, 66% faster in casting and 10% in distance.

Armas - with F/Force is 300 tp ( 250 for F/Force + 50 for Armor ) has 20% reduction, 66% faster in casting and 10% in distance. unless the Armor gives a higher Tech support.

both Armas and Shijin are equal in power but the difference is the Defensive stat's. Shijin would give you better DFP & MST but Armas gives better EVP & STA so it's a coin flip then. If you are using the F/Force.

Yeah fair enough. DFP and MST are better for shijin, requirement is low enough that with a little GAS most people can use it in GAM too. Don't get me wrong, I still voted it as the top set bonus, just that without said bonus it doesn't have enough stamina to keep Masterforces afloat.

That's why I went with Armas for MF, though Gera-Senba and probably some others are good enough too. Point of the matter, above all, is that everyone else benefits from the Shijin bonus, as everyone else uses ATP. That's why I prefer it. That was the goal of the thread, wasn't it?

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah the Shijin is the only one that can use both type's that can Double Set. those are Mizu/Overcharge, Drill/Power, Gratia, Demon's Garment, GUARDIANS Wing and Eternal Aura. And Bugie - Senba, Red Line, Wing Line Can use only the left Hand type's with the Mizu/Overcharge, Drill/Power and Gratia. - later thought - is this a new way to use handguns. ^^;

oh by the JPWiki supposedly say's Feril Line is better also in tp too.

oh TheAstarion the #1 main reason Shijin is #1 is that it's non restricted in weapon use. even tho It mite be with the Head slot to give way to other armor's in that way. but mostly it's the freedom of using weapon's and other units. lol think of the Shijin Armor like a WT it gives Variety to your character and the other Armor's more like your Master classes lol this is the only time where the roles are flipped.

Keilyn
Sep 9, 2011, 03:34 PM
On WT...

It really depends...

I either use Shijin when I know I will use a lot of melee, but when I know I am more tech oriented I use a Red Line with Feril Force and Feril Wall. As masterforce I don't use Shijin anymore. If you run as a newman MF under a Full Evasion Build, you will actually survive a lot better, since you can get your techs in a just counter to make you go invulnerable.

During the last event, a full evasion build on a wartecher was so strong that on the Beads (those giant robots) I managed to block their projectile attack....and direct attack.

Higher Casting Speed = greater DPS, and better for Masterforces, considering you also save on PP cost and have greater range too. Only when I focus on melee for a long time do I do Shijin/Ohryu.

TheAstarion
Sep 9, 2011, 04:09 PM
I also forgot about Shijin's other super ultra cool thingie... that even if you don't block, the Shijin sometimes zeroes damage, all on its own! :D

This is nice for anything really. Sets it ahead of the rest IMO. As a (Beast, therefore melee) Wartecher and Protranser for my main characters, not having a buttload of EVP is best for me, though Sega keep buffing WT's EVP without my permission! Dang stat increases, stopping my combos! If I wanted evasion, I'd go AF, AT, or MF!

(sorry, whining.)

Omega-z
Sep 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
yeah it does but it's render pretty moot since it has a very low chance of happening and it acts like a block, which can hurt melee more.

Keilyn are a you a Newman WT, to bad WT does not have S rank Handguns and S rank sabers you could buff your Defense even better with Red Line. It would give +280 defense more then the 380 you added already.:\ or be able to use the extra 250tp from the Set need a Red Wand or some thing lol. But yeah Red Line goes into the same set up as all the other Armor the matches Shijin in teching due to the F/F. There are way's to make one's DFP better without or with Shijin.

like you said "On WT...

It really depends..."

but mostly on Race of the WT tho.

Aerionel
Sep 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Shiiiiijin

Red*
Sep 13, 2011, 12:11 PM

Not true, the difference is this. For the onehand missouri weapons (handgun/mechgun) you dont need a kevlar, just a mizu overrange. For the two handed you need kevlar but no mizu overrange to get the bonuses (also 400mst)

For me the shijin bonus is broken for Female MF. I use Red lines, Feri/Force , Feril/Wall and mantra. For me EVP>DFP. i love exact counter with a Damtech.

And well my favorite Set Bonus is definitly the Red Bonus with Twin Red Saber.. The 10 extra stamina (i have as Female FF 32 with the bonus) helps alot in Missions (like Holy Ground), i get maybe every 2nd or 3rd run once a SE. Sleep, Stun and Freeze Resist gets useless. my 2cents

Omega-z
Sep 13, 2011, 06:46 PM
Red* , Me and str898mustang worked it out with the Kevlar Suit with later posts. I didn't realize it had that stat bonus sorry to make you worry, It's been fixed.:)

I totally Agree with the new changes to Red Line. That with F/F it makes a couple of older Armor's useable again for techer's, Red Line mostly with the 500 to EVP. would be awesome when they add a Red Rod or Wand to get the added 250 TP bonus from the Set.

Shijin is slowly losing it's edge to other armor's and newer head unit's. But it is still the Top armor in general to the variety of using Weapons and not being restricted.

milranduil
Sep 13, 2011, 07:58 PM
str898mustang with the Feri/Force & Armas there the same in power and use but unless we where wrong in the tech power that the Armas gives. That Armas has better Evp & Sta then the Shijin since it would also lose the boost to use the Feri/Force. Also the Armas is much more easier to get then the Shijin.

lol no...........

Omega-z
Sep 13, 2011, 08:10 PM
Well that's true now with AMP boosts and better GAM pay off's for Dragon Scales. and two of the Four swords are easier, but the last one or two of them mite be as hard to get as one made Armas, when comes to time wise. If it's the board then I would say that the Shijin is better since you still get to keep it.