PDA

View Full Version : The Best Game Ending of ALL TIME!

BBMFttM
Mar 5, 2001, 08:53 AM
I wasn't that annoyed with the ending of PSO because it really isn't a story driven game.
But you know what? Does anyone here remember Final Fantasy III(US)/Final Fantasy VI(Japan)? That game had THE GREATEST ending EVER! It was a whopping 26 minutes long with a book's page folding over with each page going into each characters supposed fate. Oh man! Remember Sabins last Blitz! Cyans last sword tech! Edgar's chainsaw! THe Ultima spell!! Celes's opera scene?!? The Airship! Getting two Exp Eggs through the collosium(Is that how you spell it?)Oh man! For sheazy that game was off tha HEAZY! I remember I beat the game 3 times just to see ALL the characters ending including the secret ones. Shadow, my man, was one of the coolest characters ever. By the third time it was like sitting down to watch a favorite scene in a movie.
God man, it's a shame that these days games can't have an ending like FFIII. Oh well. Just decided to bring back some nostalgic moments to the ol'PSO community.

Protons Electrons Atoms Cause Explosions.

Haywire
Mar 5, 2001, 10:07 AM
I have never seen the ending to those games but by the way you talk about them i wish i could go out and rent the ending like i do movies LoL.

My favorite ending to a video game is:

Suburban Commando for the Nintendo!

LoL...that game was kick azz, nothing to this day has wowed me to the extent this game did! Maybe it has something to do with the age i was back then, regardless...

IT WAS PHENOMINAL!

Mandolin
Mar 5, 2001, 10:46 AM
I'd have to thoughly agree with you, FF3(6) was the best game and ending ever...I know alot of ppl here are probably sega core fans, but SNES ruled my life back in the day. and take any game then and today and I'd still say FF3 was the best. I owned the game but I also got the ROM for my PC, so I could save certain points to view at any time...Celes' Opera, the Ending, the "end of the world". The music was great, each character had thier own distinct song...my fav was Cyan and Shadow's. But Sabin was still my Fav character...heck the game had 14 usable characters. Ya know what, I'm gonna go play some FF3 now...(loves his ROM)

sinistrx
Mar 5, 2001, 12:28 PM
Best game ending of all time, Metal Gear Solid. It had enough government conspiracy theory in it to make any high school kid think they have political know-how.

Ratsmack
Mar 5, 2001, 12:41 PM
Ummm...FF7 much? And even FF8, though its storyline could have been replaced with a bunch of nonsense and have been less stupid. FF9's ending...well, part of it was good, at least, though whoever translates Square's games seems to have something against any character doing anything besides hugging. Don't leave out Xenogears either, helluva ending, however confusing. I agree on that Skies of Arcadia having a bad ending. Very...very...very stupid.

Arazial
Mar 5, 2001, 01:01 PM
I think the game that had the best ending was Terranigma....

Acel
Mar 5, 2001, 01:16 PM
Heh nothing beats FFV's ending(sorry never made it to the US. too bad?).

Pneophen
Mar 5, 2001, 01:41 PM
Whats wrong with you people? Everyone knows that Super Mario Bros. has the best ending.

Jihatsu
Mar 5, 2001, 02:04 PM
Skies of Arcadia. Which is so pathetic. I have NEVER seen a good game ending. ESPECIALLY in PC games (with the exception of System Shock 2. Anything was good after that great game. PICK IT UP NOW.).

Ambrai
Mar 5, 2001, 04:43 PM
Final Fantasy 2 (US Release)
Metal Gear Solid
Zelda: Orcarina of time (counting the boss fights as ending)

Samuel-Vimes
Mar 6, 2001, 10:29 PM
In my opinion, Panzer Dragoon Saga has the best game ending of all time and is arguably the best console rpg of all time.

It's too bad not too many people played the game as it was one of the last few games released for the U.S. Sega Saturn and available in very LIMITED quantities.

Pneophen
Mar 7, 2001, 09:09 AM
I know a game with a better ending!
E.T. for the atari 2600. Wait a minute, does it even have an ending?

gideon
Mar 7, 2001, 02:57 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

I havnt witnessed any endings worthy of the game. Most of them seem rushed 'ok you beat it, look - credits! now here's the title screen.. go ahead start a new game.. I dare ya' types.

But then again due to this 30 second attention span and 2 month long term memory (thanks corporate america!) I may have just forgotten them.. :/

Prodigy
Mar 8, 2001, 02:43 AM
Final Fantasy XI had THE best ending! I can't think of any other game that has satisfied me as much as FF6's did. Wasn't Mog the cutest? hee hee But sadly to say, I think that FF7 and 8's ending couldn't compare to 6's. But 9, well, I'd say it was good if I understood the ending! lol But yes, FF6 rules! =P

Zerimar
Mar 8, 2001, 02:38 PM
FF9 gets my nod for my favorite ending. And we did get FF5 in FFAnthology along with FF6, but I didn't think FF5 was that good ...

Pneophen
Mar 9, 2001, 08:33 PM
what about chrono trigger. one of the endings had to be good.

Sion
Mar 19, 2001, 04:45 PM
well yeah those games are cool what i like about PSO is the ending song don't know why yeah FF games are cool but starting since ff 7 -9 shh man did they sucked their endigs were lame. i havent' seen skies of arcadia ending but don't expect much, i beated Grandia 2 and seen Grandia's ending and i can say they are both pretty good like them, and i agree ff III ending is a cool one also maybe thousand arms lol

Breezblok
Mar 28, 2001, 06:43 PM
I'll have to agree, Panzer Dragoon Saga's ending was hella cool...actually, I love that game more than any of your new fangled playstation rubbish...also, on the same platform, Shining Force III had to be the best game EVER. Synbios was so cool, even though all he ever said was '......' I also loved Chrono Trigger, but that had a thousand endings....I got the good ending first time! Beat everything! Another unlikely game would be Metal Slug....It didn't have that much of an ending, but I did crack up when that general just gave up and collapsed when the paper aeroplane hit him. Ah well.........back to my kitchen utensils.

Nawms
Apr 2, 2001, 06:29 PM
Best ending ever FF3 and FF8. My favorite game is FF8 which I am now sick of so im playing PSO. I don't think FF7 was as good as 8 simply because it wasn't as complecated.