View Full Version : Stupid Looking Items

Noel Vermillion
Sep 9, 2011, 04:38 AM
How many times have you guys played an RPG and said

"this game sure could use some more stupid looking items!"

><

ShinMaruku
Sep 13, 2011, 05:27 PM
I play a RPG and say "Doom runs a country bitch, nation of slaves Umbrella is minimum wage."

Cayenne
Sep 13, 2011, 07:09 PM
PSU and the other adaptions have enough of those.

Tetsaru
Sep 13, 2011, 09:25 PM
PSU and the other adaptions have enough of those.

Yeah, I remember several from PSU that I thought looked horrible:

Crimson and Two-Headed Ragnus (friggin Christmas tree swords)
Bil de Axe (horrible, lazy design)
Edil Fucil (looked like an anemic Mizurakihoh)
Gekitsnata (oversized, redonkulous, and lazy design)
some of the basic rifle, laser cannon, and shotgun designs (looked like you were wielding a brick sometimes)

And let's not forget all the reskins and Kubara copies... :rolleyes:

FOkyasuta
Sep 13, 2011, 09:28 PM
You forgot the part were some weapons are just for shits and giggles.

Cayenne
Sep 13, 2011, 09:35 PM

Those should ONLY be the stupid looking ones.

NoiseHERO
Sep 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
How can I stand out if ALL of the weapons look cool?!

Cayenne
Sep 13, 2011, 09:59 PM
How can I stand out if ALL of the weapons look cool?!
I know right?

Make the basic weapons look decent, low level rares-make them different, after that then let the coolness slowly move up and make the goofy ones to just mess with (how cool was it to use a frying pan in PSO? I always whip that out when helping low level players, it's funny!

The smallest thing are what i'm afraid SEGA will overlook with the feature of PSO2.

Evegodenraven
Sep 13, 2011, 11:18 PM
i will use any weapons in any game as long as they don't look cute like lollipop..... i just hate having weapons that looks like candy or weapons that should even be weapons.... even the stupid Icing cake tools that are swords in psp2/i....

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2011, 12:33 AM

Well sure, that's fine and all, and there were weapons like that (Koltova Gun, Ank Bico, the Rappy daggers, etc.), but there's a difference between that and when certain parts of a game are just designed poorly and are aesthetically displeasing to a lot of people who play it. I mean, just look at the Bil De Axe or the Gekitsnata:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1584/5290-m.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/2164/6429-m.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

That's gotta be among some of the ugliest, laziest weapon designs I've ever seen in a game, seriously. I know this is a PS2-era game we're talking about here, but all the visible polygon edges and ugly textures and glow effects trying to cover it up... :barf: There were some designs in PSO that were better than these, in my opinion... :nono:

Cayenne
Sep 14, 2011, 01:04 AM
There were some designs in PSO that were better than these, in my opinion... :nono:

Here here!

I would use the green double saber instead of any of these powerful fruity looking weapons. I love using plan looking low powered rares in PSO, for some reason they were more fun to use than the more powerful ones.

If the concept artist is the same person who made the characters design for PSO2 then I'm confident it will turn out great!

Still worried that every weapon will look amazing and have non of them just look basic and standard, I don't want all of them to be shiny and colorful. To this day I still have trouble identifying different rares when I played PSU and (currently playing) PSP2