PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else been pronouncing it 'Phantasy Star Online Tsu"?

sugarFO
Sep 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
I know I have, just from all the videos! Teehee. I think it's cute. ^^;

Ugh I'm so pumped for this game, I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to play it with me but he's all "I'm giving it one month and if it isn't as good as World of Warcraft was, I'm outta there." Nothing compares to WoW for him siiiiiiigh~

Miyoko
Sep 14, 2011, 07:38 AM
If you're gonna do that, y'might as well go the whole nine yards and say "Fantasi Sta Onrain Tsu" :D

If it makes you feel any better. I've got a good gaming friend who pretty much only ever plays WoW, too. I'm really hoping they drop it for this. Drives me nuts. They've been playing since launch.

If your boyfriend doesn't think PSO is more fun than WoW (which any sane person should. Then again, hammering a nail through your foot is more fun than WoW), then, they're not likely to think ANYTHING is more fun than WoW unfortunately :(

sugarFO
Sep 14, 2011, 07:42 AM
If you're gonna do that, y'might as well go the whole nine yards and say "Fantasi Sta Onrain Tsu" :D

If it makes you feel any better. I've got a good gaming friend who pretty much only ever plays WoW, too. I'm really hoping they drop it for this. Drives me nuts. They've been playing since launch.

If your boyfriend doesn't think PSO is more fun than WoW (which any sane person should. Then again, hammering a nail through your foot is more fun than WoW), then, they're not likely to think ANYTHING is more fun than WoW unfortunately :(

You're right, that's a much better way to pronounce it hahahaha. Yeah WoW fans are so stubborn! They don't want to admit a game might be better than WoW... even though that game feels like work.

HE HATED PSO!!! He'd watch me play it and say it's old, it's boring, the controls are too simple, and he hates that you can't jump. WELL... PSO2 you can!! So there's hope I think... for this relationship to survive lmao jk

NoiseHERO
Sep 14, 2011, 07:50 AM
Yes.

Yes, I pronounce it pantashi suta onurainu tsu.

At least once a month.

sugarFO
Sep 14, 2011, 07:51 AM
Yes.

Yes, I pronounce it pantashi suta onurainu tsu.

At least once a month.

I really laughed out loud! Ugh I wish I could edit the title, that one's pretty amazing.

Spellbinder
Sep 14, 2011, 08:07 AM
Only because if I don't all my friends here at school will laugh at me. :(

Alnet
Sep 14, 2011, 08:09 AM
Can't say I do. Though if I did say it in EPIC INGRISH, I'd have to use the voice from that trailer, every time. You know the one.

Mag-X
Sep 14, 2011, 09:12 AM
It's 「ファンタシースターオンライン2」。 FANTASHII SUTAA ONRAIN TSU

Zyrusticae
Sep 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
This is the best thread. :D

I am totally pronouncing it this way. Yes, in Epic Trailer Voice Mode.

Angelo
Sep 14, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hah...

...WoW

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2011, 12:20 PM
Makes me wonder how many people here played WoW, and how many are bashing because it's cool. Though frankly, I don't see why people wouldn't want a change. Right now, I'm playing it because there's nothing better out there, and there's still so much for me to do in game. But if I could get away from the cartoony graphics, giant shoulderpads, and wobbly gameplay, while still getting the same quality back... Well, it'd be kinda nice.

"Give it a month"? Even if he enjoys the game enough to start playing it regularly, he'll go back to WoW eventually. He might even play both. There's no quitting WoW, for it never quits you.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 03:15 PM
There's no quitting WoW, for it never quits you.

Hahahahaha......no. False statement.

I quit WoW....and I'm kinda happy I did. (Played since Vanilla [no expansions] it has really gone down hill) Me and my brother shared an account, and he still plays. I'll watch him play it sometimes, and say when something is cool, but I don't even remember the last time I really played it. And honestly, PSU is the game that pulled me away from it. That's right, PSU. The black sheep of the family that SO many people seem to dislike, pulled me away from WoW; the supposed "King" of MMO. Honestly, most of WoW's mechanics are more dated than PSO/U's.

I mean, most of the damage/status effects/etc. in WoW equate to a virtual dice roll. In PS, it just feels so much more....dynamic.

Oh, and SugarFO, you have my heartfelt sympathy for your partner's stubborness and inflexibility.

RemiusTA
Sep 14, 2011, 03:20 PM
I approve this threadaru

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 03:26 PM
I see what you did there.

.....Also. lol

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 14, 2011, 03:37 PM
my brother quit WoW for something called Aion. then he quit Aion. that was sometime ago.

I recently stopped playing PSOBB for Dragon Nest and TF2.

CAMPSO
Sep 14, 2011, 03:37 PM
LOL and i thought i was the only one who did this. I laugh everytime i hear the voice from the trailer.

RemiusTA
Sep 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
Wow is popular because they do not bullshit their playerbase when it comes to giving you actual quests to play. Instead of "kill this monster and return to me and talk to another 9 people", or "go collect 30 of these items and come back to me", it gives you actual QUESTS to do, which don't always include grinding. Some of them actually had me very interested. World of Warcraft attempts to blurs the line between MMORPGs and an RPG with MMORPG aspects.

If World of Warcraft ever comes out with a World of Warcraft 2 (similar to how PSO2 is looking) with graphical and physics engine improvements, that game is going to clean up like fuck. I don't really play WoW (im level 27), but the time i spent playing? I definitely could see why it's such a popular MMO. It literally puts the other ones on the market to shame. The only reason i don't play WoW is because of 1) how old it is, and 2) the style doesn't really agree with me.

And PSO2's engrish is not nearly as funny/annoying as those shitty "PHANTASHI STAH PURUBULE TUU -- EEENNNFINITIIIII" vidoes.

"EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO" "EENNNNFINITI POINTO"

sugarFO
Sep 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
my brother quit WoW for something called Aion. then he quit Aion. that was sometime ago.

I recently stopped playing PSOBB for Dragon Nest.

You know I read about Dragon Nest.... are you having fun? Is there good character customization and are the classes interesting? I have been hesitant to try it cuz it looks like any other free to play mmo but if you think it's really good...

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 14, 2011, 03:48 PM
You know I read about Dragon Nest.... are you having fun? Is there good character customization and are the classes interesting? I have been hesitant to try it cuz it looks like any other free to play mmo but if you think it's really good...I'm a little mixed about the game. its kinda best to watch video's about it and make your own judgment.

but from what I've experienced, Characters over lv10 have a 7 day waiting period if you want to delete them(I have 3 days left on my archer because I want to give them a different name). also, you can't use the same name someone else is using(a.k.a bullshit) and almost everything is NX based. if you can get around that. then its a very good game.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 04:05 PM
Honestly, I'd say skip Dragon's Nest. I tried it after hearing about it a bit, and decided to give it a shot.

....And, while, I really liked the game to begin with, it just....well....

They have a system that limits how much you're allowed to play. Playing missions actually depletes a bar, and once the bar depletes, no more play time for you right now.

That's kind of a turn off for me. and some of those missions put a bit of a drain on the bar.

If you can get around that, sure, pick it up and try it. The bar depletes less if you party up, and most of the actual game is good.

But there isn't a lot of customization. (horribly little, actually.)

Same thing happened with Spiral Knights. I so wanted to enjoy that game. I DID enjoy that game....but the damn bar...and the shop, messed it up.

Oh, and I'd say lean more on actually playing the game a little bit to decide whether you like it, watch a few videos, of course, but I'd say put a little time in to see if it's comfortable.

The best way to know if you enjoy a game is to jump in and try it, after-all. You might be surprised.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2011, 04:53 PM
I don't really play WoW (im level 27),

Oh, did you just start playing after Cataclysm came out? If that's the case, you're doing the newest quests they made after redoing the original world. Aren't they great? So far, the lowest level quests (up to lv40 at least, 60 at most) are some of the neatest they put into the game.

It's both a shame and a blessing that you didn't see what some quests were like before Cata came out, especially the Horde's Barrens (just as boring as it sounds). They were almost ALL "kill 8 trolls" "collect 4 pieces of poop" "collect 6 boar flanks", with only occasional neat questlines thrown in. Beyond that, getting through raids were a matter of outgearing the content and farming for items to do better that week, then waiting for 39 mouthbreathers and hope you can coordinate through hours of gruelingly repeditive trash (at least from what I heard. even the vastly improved raiding in Wrath were too time consuming and tedius for me to enjoy). I can totally see why people gripe about WoW after doing the lower level stuff, but let me tell you, they got their act together each time an expansion came out. Each release of quests is much more engaging each time around, so much so that I went from not being able to stand low level questing to gleefully getting Loremaster (doing nearly all the quests in the game).

If you want to see how lame questing was beforehand, try, I think, Arathi Highlands (cross the bridge to the northern half of the Eastern Kingdoms), and especially Sithilus (most southwestern area of Kalimdor). Those were hell in comparison to the new stuff.

Um, I just nerded out, didn't I?

Mag-X
Sep 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
Dragon Nest is fun-ish, but they push way too hard for your to purchase crap from their premium store.

All armor of a the same rarity type looks the same, no matter what level it's for. Want to look different? That'll be $30 worth of NX points for premium costume gear.

Want to upgrade your items without them breaking? better buy some premium protection jelly.

Want to have enough inventory space to actually carry stuff? Yup, that costs money too.

Customization is pretty much non-existent. You can choose from about four different hair styles and a few shades of eye colors.

...and that power bar thing is total B.S. You run out after about two hours of playing, and then it kills your experience points.

It's a shame, because the game itself is actually pretty fun.

Arkios
Sep 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
OT: I'm going to start calling it that now, in epic video trailer voice as well. Hilarious.

On the WoW topic: I played from Vanilla through the beginning of Cataclysm. (Current expansion)

The game was fun, well made and I enjoyed the time that I played. The issue for me was that endgame drained SO MUCH of your time that it's not even funny. You have to invest massive amounts of time/energy into the game to progress, but get very little back in rewards. You cannot do anything in the game solo that is worthwhile. (Outside of obtaining vanity titles and items that don't have an actual affect on the game)

So you get stuck to a raiding schedule, which quickly starts feeling like a second job. After years of that, I finally quit and played something a little more casual... but still competitive. (Started with DotA, moved to League of Legends now)

I also feel a little jealous of the new players to WoW. You get the equivalent of watching Star Wars for the first time, but getting to start on Episode 1 and watching all 6 movies in order.

Zipzo
Sep 14, 2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, WoW was cool...6 years ago.

It's old.

We need a new game, and so does your boyfriend.

kyuuketsuki
Sep 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
Beyond that, getting through raids were a matter of outgearing the content and farming for items to do better that week, then waiting for 39 mouthbreathers and hope you can coordinate through hours of gruelingly repeditive trash (at least from what I heard.
So... you're one of those "I'm too cool for those other losers who are playing the same game I am" types? Would explain why you think the game has gotten better when really it's been going downhill since after vanilla. I quit right before the first expansion, and have tried to get back into it twice and... it was just terribly boring. Couldn't take more than a day of it before uninstalling.

Anyways, on topic... I can't deny I do love saying, in the epic announcer voice from the trailer, "tsu" instead of "two."

Arkios
Sep 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
So... you're one of those "I'm too cool for those other losers who are playing the same game I am" types? Would explain why you think the game has gotten better when really it's been going downhill since after vanilla.

It's true. If you've ever raided before, you'd know what he's talking about.

There were boss fights where you literally had to do NOTHING but sit there and mindlessly press maybe 3 buttons, then once in a blue moon the boss would spit fire where you are standing and you'd need to move... and people would fail at this. Which would then cause YOU and the rest of the raid to die for various other reasons (Enrage timer, not enough healers up, etc.)

World of Warcraft has the worst playerbase of any game I have ever played. (Which makes sense, since it also has the largest playerbase of any game I've ever played)

When you die, it's nice to know that you died because YOU as the player made a mistake. Dying over and over again because someone else made a mistake is extremely frustrating. "Hey buddy, the boss just spit a huge ball of fire on top of you, which you stood in for five seconds straight. Thanks for wiping us!"

Cayenne
Sep 14, 2011, 07:32 PM
This forum should ban the term "WoW"

It hijacks threads!

FOkyasuta
Sep 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
This forum should ban the term "WoW"

It hijacks threads!

Beats talking about Pervy JP really.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2011, 11:49 PM
So... you're one of those "I'm too cool for those other losers who are playing the same game I am" types? Would explain why you think the game has gotten better when really it's been going downhill since after vanilla. I quit right before the first expansion, and have tried to get back into it twice and... it was just terribly boring. Couldn't take more than a day of it before uninstalling."

Oh no, not at all. I'll freely admit that I'm a nerd for playing the game, and I'll freely admit that I'm still not great at it. But if you do any raids, you'll get the same feeling. It may be true or not, but after a while of wiping for the same reasons, you begin to lose your clarity and start blaming everyone else.
As for why I think it's better? Well, things are getting more polished. Areas are looking and sounding prettier, story lines are more fleshed out, instances and raids are more well balanced, classes have more depth in their gameplay, things are being added for people who don't want to spend hours doing things... They're just spending more time, money, and talent into designs nowadays.
If you think it's worse, it could be that your expectations have grown, and the game hasn't grown fast enough for you to support it. It could be that the original draws of the game are less clear now that other games have also employed them. It could be that it's just an old game, and you expect more out of it. Or it could just be that you liked the game for reasons why I thought it was tedious.

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2011, 12:00 AM
I like how everyone tries to put Zorafim on blast because this forums hostility issues towards simple disagreements, then he kills them with kindness.

I wish I had that patience.

Instead of turning it into entertainment.

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2011, 12:15 AM
I have to admit, I kinda like the idea of killing hatred with kindness. I guess that's what watching Friendship is Magic does to a person.

FOkyasuta
Sep 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
I figured she was Bronie status from the start. x3

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2011, 01:50 AM
I'm going to love and tolerate the SHIT out of you!

RemiusTA
Sep 15, 2011, 02:15 AM
I like how everyone tries to put Zorafim on blast because this forums hostility issues towards simple disagreements, then he kills them with kindness.

I wish I had that patience.

Instead of turning it into entertainment.

Yeah, it almost makes me angry when people attack him TBH.

Angelo
Sep 15, 2011, 03:19 AM
I don't like WoW. I've played it, I have friends that still play it.

But saying WoW has gone downhill since vanilla is just nuts.

The only room for complaint is that it's made the game more accessible to casuals, which I think is a great thing (anything that combats elitism is a-ok in my book).

I think it's a step in the right direction and I hope PSO2 follows suit.

kyuuketsuki
Sep 15, 2011, 03:59 AM

Nah, it's just like, an opinion, man.

The only room for complaint is that it's made the game more accessible to casuals, which I think is a great thing (anything that combats elitism is a-ok in my book).Oh lord, not this absurd "elitists" and "casuals" bullcrap dichotomy stuff.

The game has been dumbed down into oblivion (not that I'm suggesting it was ever rocket-science to begin with).

If you really want hand-holding, I-Win-Button game design to infect PSO2 then I can only disagree with you.

RemiusTA
Sep 15, 2011, 12:28 PM
Why do you attack everybody so adamantly?

tkdyo
Sep 15, 2011, 12:49 PM
To the OP...no cant say that I do, but that does sound funny.

To the actual convo at hand...I play LOTRO, which is amazing btw! But seriously, I cant wait for this game to come out, brings back so much nostalgia, my friends and I use to play epic 4 screen action on the gc because none of us were willing to spring for the gc modem haha. Ill probably end up playing this and lotro, good thing lotros expansion is coming out way before this so I can get that out of my system and be ready to focus on pso2!!!

doomstriker
Sep 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
I played WoW for a couple years. The goal for me was always to be the best at raiding. I raided in Adept for a year, got world first heroic halfus wyrmbreaker 25 man. Then i went to vodka for about 5 months before i quit. I raided in vodka and we killed all the heroics except for heroic rag, in firelands before they even hit live. That's what killed the game for me. That the content was becoming too easy. There use to be a day when it took months before anyone downed content, instead its just a race for people to pretty much kill it the week it comes out.

Phantasy Star > WoW

Enforcer MKV
Sep 15, 2011, 01:38 PM
^ This ^

Just feels too easy. And it was hard (almost impossible) to find a guild that raided, but weren't hard@$$es about it. All of the content now is practically geared to endgame raiding, instances, etc.

Honestly, I liked the argent tourney. It was different. And you didn't have to raid.

That's why I like Phantasy Star so much, no raiding...well, there are other reasons, but the raiding one seemed most relevant..

doomstriker
Sep 15, 2011, 01:45 PM
Not to mention, to do anything in wow you have to be on for a scheduled time and you can't miss or you could be removed from the guild. vodka that = 7days a week from 6pm EST to 12pm, until content was downed.

Phantasy star you can just play whenever and still get plenty done, with random people every time if you so choose.

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2011, 02:59 PM
That's why I never got in the raiding scene, or arenas, or anything major like that. It's a major time investment, which really I don't mind. The problem is that you have to be in the same schedule as everyone else, or else you just get left behind. That's kinda why I like this whole catering to casuals thing. There's still a bunch left for me to do and see even without raiding, and I can do it all in my own free time. Then again, this is someone who's done all the fishing achievements, missing two of the cooking achievements, and is days away from getting all the questing achievements (barring that damn pepple. how am I supposed to save him ten times if he never gets lost!).

Phantasy Star > WoW

I'm kinda confused here. You're saying you don't like WoW anymore because it went from an elitist game to something more casual, right? Yet you're saying that PSO is better because of this? Isn't Phantasy Star, in its most extreme, more casual than WoW on average?

I guess nowadays it isn't a huge difference between time investments, though WoW has a much bigger cap, and you're more expected to do things start to finish. But surely WoW isn't worse because it's becoming easier, right?

Yeah, it almost makes me angry when people attack him TBH.

Thank you for worrying about me, but I don't think you should think anything of it. If I didn't want to be attacked, I wouldn't question people's oppinions as much. As I've said before, I like a good argument. It stimulates conversation, and you can get deeper into people's minds than if everyone simply plays nice.

Niered
Sep 16, 2011, 02:34 PM
The question of this thread is nearly as dumb as that "How will you hold the controller?" post made when PSU was still in beta.

Zorafim
Sep 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
The answer ended up being "with my nose", right?

Niered
Sep 16, 2011, 02:37 PM
I told everyone I only play while doing my kegel exercises. HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PLAY?!

yoshiblue
Sep 16, 2011, 02:42 PM
Become a monkey and use my feet?

kyuuketsuki
Sep 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
Arguing about this is plainly pointless, as it's evident that either a) none of you played much, if any, vanilla WoW, b) if you did, your memory of the time is foggy, or c) you played on a really crappy server. I was in a guild that did some high-end raiding, and that was fun when I could make a run. But it wasn't a big deal when I couldn't or simply had something better to do, and if we were missing a couple members we'd find some stand-ins and move on.

But the most fun was doing the smaller 5-man dungeons with a few of my really good WoW buddies. I never experienced any elitism or whatever, nor did I have any trouble with falling behind because no one cared if I was a few levels under or a bit undergeared because I didn't get to play as much as everyone else. Nothing I experienced in the expansions came even close. The dungeon design was blah, the whole daily quest grind was blah, the epic weapons were blah. Everything was just... blah.

'Course, it doesn't help that WoW's underlying gameplay is incredibly boring and the only fun ever came from the social aspect and cooperating to tackle challenging dungeons.

Niered
Sep 16, 2011, 03:04 PM
Arguing about this is plainly pointless, as it's evident that either a) none of you played much, if any, vanilla WoW, b) if you did, your memory of the time is foggy, or c) you played on a really crappy server. I was in a guild that did some high-end raiding, and that was fun when I could make a run. But it wasn't a big deal when I couldn't or simply had something better to do, and if we were missing a couple members we'd find some stand-ins and move on.

But the most fun was doing the smaller 5-man dungeons with a few of my really good WoW buddies. I never experienced any elitism or whatever, nor did I have any trouble with falling behind because no one cared if I was a few levels under or a bit undergeared because I didn't get to play as much as everyone else. Nothing I experienced in the expansions came even close. The dungeon design was blah, the whole daily quest grind was blah, the epic weapons were blah. Everything was just... blah.

'Course, it doesn't help that WoW's underlying gameplay is incredibly boring and the only fun ever came from the social aspect and cooperating to tackle challenging dungeons.

Also, I couldn't play it with my nose.

RemiusTA
Sep 16, 2011, 03:30 PM
I told everyone I only play while doing my kegel exercises. HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PLAY?!

o boy i lold

Sw353
Sep 16, 2011, 04:52 PM

hahahaha :-D you made a funny.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 17, 2011, 04:19 AM
I haven't played WoW lately but only cause I haven't got any play time lately, still level and dungeon like crazy. There's no stopping that, anyway on topic I think its a bit odd they try to pronounce the number in English. When I read a game in Japanese I pronounce the number in their native tongue as well, eg. "Fantashi Suta Onrain Ni." In a similar fashion I say "Shin Sangoku Musou Roku", our Dyntasy 7.

Kion
Sep 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
I tried playing WoW for about 2 hours before stopping. My friend showed me pictures of the best items in the game, and I thought, "what's the point in playing this if no matter what i do my avatar is going to look like ass?". I prefer Phantasy Star for the scifi atmosphere, but even that is just a preference. It's all a waste of time anyways.

As for Dragon Nest, stay away from "free" online games. It's much better to pay a single online fee and play a complete game, than one that tries to extract money from you every fifteen minutes.

As for the OP. I guess I'm used to hearing katakana, so it "tsu" doesn't sound out of the ordinary for me. "Phantasy Star Online 2" and "ファンタジースターオンライン2" are just tsu sides of the same coin.

This one is for Zorafim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWf5Yj-RnI

chaos-shadow
Sep 19, 2011, 02:03 PM
Bahaha, I also like to say it in my mind as Fantashii Sta Onrine Tsu~

Enforcer MKV
Sep 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
I see what you did there, Kion. Don't think I didn't.

*squints menacingly*

Zorafim
Sep 19, 2011, 03:23 PM
This one is for Zorafim:
How One Black Man Defeated the KKK - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWf5Yj-RnI)

I wish I could see this at school >.>

Kion
Sep 20, 2011, 12:17 AM
There's no offensive language or anything it in. Unless your school is blocking youtube, it's rated safe for work.

Zorafim
Sep 20, 2011, 01:36 AM
Nah, my school just can't handle the fact that students like youtube. None of them are able to watch any videos. Worse, all of them are forced to use Internet Explorer. Uhg...

As for the video... He just loved and tolerated the SHIT out of those KKK members. I think that's the most win I've seen in a while.

Mekimaru
Sep 20, 2011, 03:45 AM
I know I have, just from all the videos! Teehee. I think it's cute. ^^;

Ugh I'm so pumped for this game, I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to play it with me but he's all "I'm giving it one month and if it isn't as good as World of Warcraft was, I'm outta there." Nothing compares to WoW for him siiiiiiigh~

you should seriously dump him for saying that, wow is a disese. a dirty over rated one lol

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
You are correct, Meki. You turn undead trying to hit 85, less you're leveling an undead toon. You should compare 2 pictures, human= before and undead= the rest of your life pretty much. Any PSO2 characters= eternal youth, I wish that were so.

Seasqwaa
Sep 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
I love WoW. I Love PS.

Tell 'em that obtaining items in the game feels so. much. better.

I miss PSO reds.... *tear*

Chaosphoenix88
Sep 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
I wish I was in Japan right about now. If the US gets a watered down version of PSO .....tsu , then I may just have to get together a couple of people and make a US , PSO inspired MMO.....

Chaosphoenix88
Sep 22, 2011, 04:58 PM

The only room for complaint is that it's made the game more accessible to casuals, which I think is a great thing (anything that combats elitism is a-ok in my book).

I think it's a step in the right direction and I hope PSO2 follows suit.

Totally Agree

Zorafim
Sep 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
You are correct, Meki. You turn undead trying to hit 85, less you're leveling an undead toon. You should compare 2 pictures, human= before and undead= the rest of your life pretty much. Any PSO2 characters= eternal youth, I wish that were so.

So I'm undead now? ; ;

Kaju122
Sep 22, 2011, 09:55 PM
The only things i enjoy about WoW are the lore and the occasional arena...... Doing the same thing for 6 or 7 years gets old after awhile. It's good, just old... I don't get much enjoyment out of it any more.

Selphea
Sep 22, 2011, 09:57 PM
I played Aion and RIFT before WoW, so when I tried WoW, it felt like I was taking a step backwards >_>::

Kaju122
Sep 23, 2011, 05:45 PM
Aion was a huge letdown, and rift feels like a clunkier version of wow.

Niered
Sep 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
I wish I was in Japan right about now. If the US gets a watered down version of PSO .....tsu , then I may just have to get together a couple of people and make a US , PSO inspired MMO.....

Yes. Because making a current gen game is literally that easy.

Noblewine
Sep 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
Its too complicated to pronounce 'Phantasy Star Online Tsu" so I prefer saying it in english. I'm looking forward to this game and can't wait to play it.

Zorafim
Sep 24, 2011, 12:34 AM
I used to say Soul Calibur Tsu, since I played the game in japanese. Does that count for anything?

ashley50
Sep 24, 2011, 01:39 AM
Is there supposed to be some kind of humor in this?

Zorafim
Sep 24, 2011, 12:04 PM
Mostly the good natured kind.

NoiseHERO
Sep 24, 2011, 12:18 PM
Ima be honest I just say P S O 2

I never ever really say the full names of these games, mostly because of how corny they sound. *incites fanboy rage* HUHUHhAHAHahaHhAhah*cough* haaa...

RemiusTA
Sep 24, 2011, 03:08 PM
Phantasy Star Online sounded kind of catchy and neat. But i never called Universe by it's full name. It was always PSU.

I was forced to call Portable by it's name because people would be confused. But between friends it was just "wanna play portable 2".