PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 No More Laughter...

vertigo
Sep 16, 2011, 02:34 AM
Anyone else realize that you can't say "lol" in PSU anymore?
What's crazy is my husband was saying "IoI" instead and then he went to say it after a few minutes and it censored that too... Can't even do "!o!" ... What's going on?
We'll have to resort to the "haha" or "/o/" from now I suppose. XD

Tyreek
Sep 16, 2011, 03:58 AM
What an interesting act of censorship.

Recon Tactical
Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 AM
Yep. Already raged about it. They're just handing me reasons to remain a mute in-game. <3

Why the fuck is this censored?

lordkaosu
Sep 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
This game is already ridiculously hard to type in without getting censored. :/

zandra117
Sep 16, 2011, 09:51 AM
They probably did this as a fail attempt to censor "loli". Is this Sega's wordfilter or Microsofts?

Recon Tactical
Sep 16, 2011, 10:03 AM
They probably did this as a fail attempt to censor "loli". Is this Sega's wordfilter or Microsofts?

Well, I did get censored last night for typing "lol yeah". I facepalmed so hard that I left a dent in my face.

TheAstarion
Sep 16, 2011, 10:23 AM
Microsoft most likely. Anything that can be bypassed with an @-key, meaning anything that censors the entire message rather than just the one word, is a Microsoft censor.

Sega use the same censor that was programmed into JP PSU, which is pretty much the same as it was in PSOBB. Sega, doing work to update something? Pshaw.

On a related note, M$'s one keeps getting updated. We can now say help, which we couldn't do when, say, Bruce S was new.

MaggotSai
Sep 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think these censors were intentional, I think it's a bug. Like sometimes you can say "lol" and sometimes you can't, it's completely random. I can't even say the word "too" half of the time. I could be totally wrong though and Sega or Microsoft are just being really lame.

Positive
Sep 16, 2011, 06:25 PM
Isn't "lol" another mmo/game?

Crysteon
Sep 16, 2011, 06:45 PM
Isn't "lol" another mmo/game?

Yes, it is, but as LoL.

What's so wrong about trying to say "loli"? Microsoft is now an anti-pedo enterprise? Ridiculous, lol.

Recon Tactical
Sep 16, 2011, 07:00 PM
Yes, it is, but as LoL.

What's so wrong about trying to say "loli"? Microsoft is now an anti-pedo enterprise? Ridiculous, lol.

Because pedophiles are scum? Seriously, if you want to express how much of a pedophile you are, go to 4Chan and keep that shit away from my Phantasy Stars. >:/

Crysteon
Sep 16, 2011, 07:06 PM
There are worse things than pedos in 4Chan, lol. Like 40 year old nerds living in their moms' house basement :0

And no, I'm not pedo, I just like ripping on the lolicon shit.

moomoopenguin
Sep 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
try saying didn't it lol

Ilikelamp7
Sep 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
Didn't you guys get the memo? Logic in PSU is a punishable offense.

ArcSilverpaw
Sep 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
Also, the word "cute" is being blocked by the filter as well. How is the word "cute" offensive?

Totori
Sep 18, 2011, 11:58 AM
PSU's cancer is progressing....

Recon Tactical
Sep 18, 2011, 12:29 PM
PSO2 needs to hurry up and unleash its awesome, hopefully PC-only awesomeness unto the world. :(

Dragwind
Sep 20, 2011, 08:01 PM
More of a reason to use a mic? Sounds like it to me.

xIndestructible
Sep 20, 2011, 08:59 PM
I don't seem to have any problem with "lol" whatsoever? Although at one point I couldn't type "A White King" (my gt) because it kept saying that King was a bad word and now there is no problem with King? PSU is SO very bug free.

MaggotSai
Sep 20, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah it seems like everything is normal again, I haven't had any random censored words all day. But who knows, I may be censored to the fullest come tomorrow.

ToCool74
Sep 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
I tried saying "lol" after seeing this thread and it was fine.

No censorship at all.

Orochinagi
Sep 22, 2011, 07:26 AM
In fact it seems they only censor words deemed bad instead of the whole sentence now.

Galax
Sep 22, 2011, 01:16 PM
I hope it was just a temporary thing, because I had to erase a shortcut of mine because of it. I couldn't say "feel". What the hell? I've also had a problem with typing a lowercase j. Censored everything because I hit the wrong key on the OSKB on accident, then didn't bother to fix it.

black savage
Sep 23, 2011, 10:31 AM
i just spammed lol for 15mins and it works

DivinePhantasy
Sep 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
So many words are getting censored & uncensored. "help" used to be censored for a long time & now it's not.

I'm playing PSU now & I tried "lol" & it did not censor me.

HeartBreak301
Sep 24, 2011, 11:59 PM
I wonder why games don't have word filters you can edit yourself in a .txt file in the game folders. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to block what you find offensive rather than what SEGA or M$ finds offensive. In the 360's case, maybe a ingame list or something.

bluntpuffer
Sep 26, 2011, 12:20 PM
it's that necesary to say bad words? ^^

Ilikelamp7
Sep 26, 2011, 06:28 PM
it's that necesary to say bad words? ^^

It is necessary to allow players that pay to play to be able to CHOOSE if they want to or not. At least that's what I think.

Cloud Strife
Oct 2, 2011, 04:14 AM
Yep. Already raged about it. They're just handing me reasons to remain a mute in-game. <3

Why the fuck is this censored?

its because sega fails and we're playing a shit game that we are all addicted to. and thats the hard, cold truth...