PDA

View Full Version : So if...

Kirin^^
Sep 17, 2011, 02:39 PM
PSO2 is released in Nov or Dec 2011 in Japan, we can expect it in the US sometime around the 2nd or 3rd quarter 2012, correct?

I mean, if Sega's track record is anything to go by..

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2011, 02:42 PM
That'd be the safer bet.

Optimistically, we could see it within 3 months of Japanese launch, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Kirin^^
Sep 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
Why does Sega hate America so much :(

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2011, 03:12 PM
It's not just sega. It's the whole of the Eastern Orient. South Korean developers/publishers do the exact same thing.

For some reason, even though the rest of the world has no problem doing global launches, the sheer concept of it is anathema to them.

It probably doesn't help that they have a seriously wide xenophobic streak.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2011, 03:47 PM
It's not just sega. It's the whole of the Eastern Orient. South Korean developers/publishers do the exact same thing.

For some reason, even though the rest of the world has no problem doing global launches, the sheer concept of it is anathema to them.

It probably doesn't help that they have a seriously wide xenophobic streak.

Well, there are occasional exceptions. Occasional. Some delay is to be expected for localization (you have to finish the script before you can translate it, etc.).

Cayenne
Sep 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
But even basic translating can be done (like things not involving people talking) within a few days and while being developed on the spot. They've been doing this for years, you would think translating would have been faster and easier to do with experienced people behind it.

Mag-X
Sep 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
From the videos, most of the menus appear to already be in engrish.

MinscTFA
Sep 17, 2011, 05:31 PM
PSO2 is released in Nov or Dec 2011 in Japan, we can expect it in the US sometime around the 2nd or 3rd quarter 2012, correct?

I mean, if Sega's track record is anything to go by..
My hypothesis is the day after doomsday.

Pillan
Sep 17, 2011, 05:46 PM
Sonic Team has was pretty good at releasing both PSU versions within a couple months of the Japanese release. The major delays were generally server updates and portable games. So I will be a bit more optimistic about a fairly expedited international release.

Before the "it's not Sonic Team" comments, I will go ahead and preemptively retort "it is the same people."

RemiusTA
Sep 17, 2011, 10:02 PM
Sega's ridiculous neglect of the US is particularly interesting, seeing as SEGA was originally an American company.

Blueblur
Sep 18, 2011, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't count on this game coming out this year. Game's only 50% complete. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-tgs-2011-screenshot-dump/)

•Col•
Sep 18, 2011, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't count on this game coming out this year. Game's only 50% complete. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-tgs-2011-screenshot-dump/)

Reposting this for the THIRD time:

50% is probably more than what people think. It probably means most of the gameplay mechanics are close to being finished, and it's almost time to start adding in actual content.

And we've been expecting early 2012 for quite some time. Partly because they've been saying 2011 FISCAL year... Which ends around March-April 2012. Either way, we're only a few months away from PSO2's release.