PDA

View Full Version : Has Sega said anything about U.S. alpha testing yet?

HappierWorlds
Sep 19, 2011, 09:59 AM
If so, pls direct me to some news about it. I have a few hundred hours to spare between now & Jan 2012 (till college starts again!)

GCoffee
Sep 19, 2011, 10:03 AM
SEGA said that the US can suck their nasty part, and that they don't give a fuck about it.
(That's a big fat no, and there will probably be no alpha testing for non-JP.)

HappierWorlds
Sep 19, 2011, 10:04 AM
(and there will probably be no alpha testing for non-JP.)
None at all? Where did you here THAT?

MAXrobo
Sep 19, 2011, 10:19 AM
I highly doubt that there will be alpha tests in US.
Hoping the beta comes over here.

NoiseHERO
Sep 19, 2011, 10:42 AM
The beta means EVERYONE gets in right? Just learn some nihongo you dolts.

Pillan
Sep 19, 2011, 11:03 AM
Or just look for the guide on this forum explaining how to set up a beta account for those with no knowledge of Japanese a few weeks before the beta begins...

kyuuketsuki
Sep 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
There doesn't need to be some sort of official statement, it's only common sense. The game is being developed by a Japanese studio and will almost certainly be released in Japan first. Things like localization won't be completed until a game is past its alpha stages. The most we may see is a short NA/EU beta, but I wouldn't hold my breath even for that.

•Col•
Sep 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
The beta means EVERYONE gets in right? Just learn some nihongo you dolts.

There's gonna be a closed and open beta, if I remember right... So technically if you are able to make an account, you can play in the open beta regardless of where you live. But yeah. There's no way they're going to be doing an alpha for the US... What'd be the point in that? The alpha was just for testing out the systems and such... Which has already been done. No need to do it again.

RemiusTA
Sep 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah. There's no reason for a "US Alpha Test". Kind of pointless.

Cayenne
Sep 19, 2011, 06:32 PM
A beta might come out to U.S. but it's gonna be in 2012 if it does.

T_Esquire
Sep 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'd more expect a real release (in 2012) than a Beta because localization, as has been mentioned, is usually done on a finished or near finished product. There are exceptions but Sega isn't one for that sort of thing.

MinscTFA
Sep 19, 2011, 07:11 PM
Excuse me while I go play Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution.

Mag-X
Sep 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
Sega seems pretty intent on not dealing with any middle-men, so I bet the game will be download only just like they're doing JP PSU. They'll probably do a "beta" here like they did for PSO:BB, where they let people play for free for a month of server stress testing.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2011, 06:51 AM
I do agree with the fact that Alpha Tests are usually avalible to those in the developer's country, eg Made in Japan= they go first. Beta Test is what PS fans should be expecting cause thats avalible for everyone, including us AU folk.

Macman
Sep 21, 2011, 08:04 PM
Knowing how much Sega loves us. We -the end users- won't see anything that's not in moon runes until at least spring 2012.

Geistritter
Sep 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
Even a beta is highly unlikely; they've no reason whatsoever to regard us for such except for the sake of server stress tests. Don't hold your breath.

Canard de Bain
Sep 23, 2011, 11:00 AM
Even a beta is highly unlikely; they've no reason whatsoever to regard us for such except for the sake of server stress tests. Don't hold your breath.

Our moneyyyy

yoshiblue
Sep 23, 2011, 11:24 AM
Charlie Testing then? Alrighty then!

syouz
Sep 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
who cares about pso in us.... if we have the secret world, dark days are coming!

Kazzi
Sep 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
Alpha
Beta
Commercial

It's actually very rare for companies to do Alpha tests like PSO2 has done. They're usually limited to a select amount of QA testers who do this for a living. The beta client is the one often released to the public, so there is a possibility of a beta test for the US. But don't hold your breath.

Canard de Bain
Sep 23, 2011, 02:02 PM
who cares about pso in us.... if we have the secret world, dark days are coming!

Is it a hack-and-slash sci-fi fantasy brawler, too?

Edit: With rare monsters and rare items. :D RARE MONSTERS <3

•Col•
Sep 23, 2011, 02:36 PM

They specifically said they were going to do a closed beta, then an open beta as well...

They can't fully restrict you from connecting if you're from another country during the open beta.

NoiseHERO
Sep 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
They specifically said they were going to do a closed beta, then an open beta as well...

They can't fully restrict you from connecting if you're from another country during the open beta.

I think NOT putting a region block is the LEAST they could do for us at this point. e_e

I don't see the big deal, everyone should just try to get into that japanese open beta.

Canard de Bain
Sep 23, 2011, 02:53 PM
I think NOT putting a region block is the LEAST they could do for us at this point. e_e

I don't see the big deal, everyone should just try to get into that japanese open beta.

And flood the public chat with English to piss off the xenophobic JP bastards!

kyuuketsuki
Sep 23, 2011, 04:23 PM
1) Secret World looks like crap.

2) I think people who spend time on PSO fan site might, y'know, care about PSO in the US.

RemiusTA
Sep 23, 2011, 04:56 PM
Alpha
Beta
Commercial

It's actually very rare for companies to do Alpha tests like PSO2 has done. They're usually limited to a select amount of QA testers who do this for a living. The beta client is the one often released to the public, so there is a possibility of a beta test for the US. But don't hold your breath.

There was really absolutely nothing about this game that suggested it was an Alpha.

If it was a TRUE alpha, it would have been a slightly modified engine of PSP2/PSU (or even one from scratch), and the testers would have been playing with a very bare-bones kind of game.

This alpha test, though? Looks like everything was completed already. This was more like a Loketest than an Alpha -- the BASE of the game was practically finished by the time the alpha started. They're just adding content at this point. This seemed more like an testing period doubling as an advertising campaign than an alpha test.

The only way i'll believe this game was in Alpha during the test is if the final game releases and things are drastically different.

Uncle_bob
Sep 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
Are we even sure that they have any intention of releasing the game outside of Japan?

Canard de Bain
Sep 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
Are we even sure that they have any intention of releasing the game outside of Japan?

No...