View Full Version : Xbox 360 US 360 Servers

HappyPenguin
Sep 20, 2011, 10:38 PM
We are so far behind its not even funny
We "SHOULD" have "EVERYTHING" Japan has right now
At least some new clothes and no more "Unique reskins"

Heskett
Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 PM
Oh look, this topic again. 360 can't because the data for it does not exist.

joinJPPSU.jpg

Kaju122
Sep 20, 2011, 11:15 PM
I dont get it :P why not make it and add it as dlc?

Heskett
Sep 20, 2011, 11:19 PM
That would require competence on SEGA's part, something they've lacked for several years.

Where have you guys been the past several years?

TheAstarion
Sep 20, 2011, 11:34 PM
Requires effort, and while it could be done by independent hackers in a matter of weeks... Alas, it also requires M$'s approval, which is difficult to get if you don't shower them with money.

It's also easier to dole out new content on PC; a quick 3-meg update is no big deal. Microsoft don't like free updates though, and Sega of Japan don't want to make a single purchase DLC that would effectively make Xbox PSU better than JP for anything.

Canard de Bain
Sep 21, 2011, 07:07 AM
We are so far behind its not even funny
We "SHOULD" have "EVERYTHING" Japan has right now
At least some new clothes and no more "Unique reskins"

Your fault for not realizing the limitations of a console ;o.

bloodflowers
Sep 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
Alas, it also requires M$'s approval, which is difficult to get if you are feckless and lazy

There, I fixed it for you. Many companies, including ones far smaller than Sega with far less money, are able to push game patches and updates easily enough.

The key here is Sega. They've been using this as an excuse for a while, don't buy into it.

Canard de Bain
Sep 21, 2011, 12:43 PM
There, I fixed it for you. Many companies, including ones far smaller than Sega with far less money, are able to push game patches and updates easily enough.

The key here is Sega. They've been using this as an excuse for a while, don't buy into it.

Errr... no. MS is just hard to deal with. Look at Introversion, Team Meat, Uber Entertainment...

bloodflowers
Sep 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
Errr... no. MS is just hard to deal with. Look at Introversion, Team Meat, Uber Entertainment...

With Team Meat it was marketing problems. MS have a prescribed process, and companies need to follow that process. For the initial supplemental refill DLC people have discussed, that is ONE single pass through approval, it's not an approval for every bit of content in that DLC in the form of weapon/clothing releases.

Would you like me to compile a list of all the companies who seem to not have a problem with this? We should probably go with actual companies instead of tiny independants too. Put in that perspective, Sega are just being pathetic about it, or they're using it as an excuse and nothing more.

Anon_Fire
Sep 21, 2011, 01:12 PM
With Team Meat it was marketing problems. MS have a prescribed process, and companies need to follow that process. For the initial supplemental refill DLC people have discussed, that is ONE single pass through approval, it's not an approval for every bit of content in that DLC in the form of weapon/clothing releases.

Would you like me to compile a list of all the companies who seem to not have a problem with this? We should probably go with actual companies instead of tiny independants too. Put in that perspective, Sega are just being pathetic about it, or they're using it as an excuse and nothing more.

Please do.

Vashyron
Sep 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
I like that despite all the crap they pull with you guys. You still take their word for it.

TenebriS
Sep 21, 2011, 01:45 PM
Sega of Japan don't want to make a single purchase DLC that would effectively make Xbox PSU better than JP for anything.

What do you mean by that? I mean honestly i have no clue what a DLC could make XBOX better for anything.
1. Some people dont like consoles
2. that stuff would be oudated fast, since JP gets updates with lots of new things every few weeks
3. SEGA JP actually works for their costumers, and they speak JP so DLC on XBOX wouldnt make a change for them

I would say a DLC wouldnt make it better, it would make the game what it deserves, to be what it should be already all the same as JP is :)
(thats for some people better, tho not for all^^)

Nel
Sep 21, 2011, 02:31 PM
what do aoryius and shizuyakus go for on th 360 server?

Aoryu like 6-9 mil and shuzaks or w/e it's called is 1-4 m

ok thanks :P
i expected more

Tawon
Sep 21, 2011, 03:06 PM

Miyavi-sensei
Sep 22, 2011, 08:06 AM
彼らはただすでにJPサーバとダウン360サーバを取るべきである、JPは、それが正当に値するものを取得 していないPSO2と360とすぐに時代遅れになるぜ セガの性交

Canard de Bain
Sep 22, 2011, 08:51 AM

Err, Team Meat couldn't do free updates to SMB for x360. They got away with the Internet for different reasons.

Also, MS wouldn't allow some of the achievements TM wanted because they were "too hard."

Canard de Bain
Sep 22, 2011, 08:53 AM
彼らはただすでにJPサーバとダウン360サーバを取るべきである、JPは、それが正当に値するものを取得 していないPSO2と360とすぐに時代遅れになるぜ セガの性交

Shut up.

SupermanNC21
Sep 22, 2011, 09:15 AM
What do you mean by that? I mean honestly i have no clue what a DLC could make XBOX better for anything.
1. Some people dont like consoles
2. that stuff would be oudated fast, since JP gets updates with lots of new things every few weeks
3. SEGA JP actually works for their costumers, and they speak JP so DLC on XBOX wouldnt make a change for them

I would say a DLC wouldnt make it better, it would make the game what it deserves, to be what it should be already all the same as JP is :)
(thats for some people better, tho not for all^^)
Sega is dumb an making GC as a DLC is what they should've done but hey its sega there greedy scammers i mean really they say we didn't get GC because of xbox but really you know the truth xbox most likey want sega to us MSP so xbox could get a little money but what happen Sega to greedy an say no an now they say xbox stopped them an now they wanna say xbox psu isn't the same as JP psu. All they had to do was add all GC stuff in a DLC an make it like 40bucks for less an add everything with GC an we used mesta to buy stuff but no that cant do that they get no money out of that if they would have done that everyone would be on "XBOX VERSION PSU" an to the comment about people not liken the console um i like the console way better that sitting in front of a computer screen an anyway xbox about to destroy computers consoles after the future you can do everything on a console but download from internet jeez cell phone are better than computer.

SupermanNC21
Sep 22, 2011, 09:24 AM
o psu xbox gets updates to an no one would play JP if Xbox had GC everything like JP because Xbox would then be a Global Serever which it already is you can play it in you on language you don't need to go out an buy some translator that want translate everything into english man i can't stand people like that omg really you must work for sega thats the only way you could say sumthing like that an really if i want to play computer all day theres other MMO i would play rather that PSU no offense psu. an xbox psu would reach out to more ppl like me who never played a MMO until PSU because of the only demo yes i played them demo.

Illuminate
Sep 22, 2011, 09:34 AM

You know why? WB Spam, WB Spam, WB Spam. Just like the old PC, PSU servers, ahh, I'm glad I have Japanese PSU. :o

Vashyron
Sep 22, 2011, 10:02 AM
o psu xbox gets updates to an no one would play JP if Xbox had GC everything like JP because Xbox would then be a Global Serever which it already is you can play it in you on language you don't need to go out an buy some translator that want translate everything into english man i can't stand people like that omg really you must work for sega thats the only way you could say sumthing like that an really if i want to play computer all day theres other MMO i would play rather that PSU no offense psu. an xbox psu would reach out to more ppl like me who never played a MMO until PSU because of the only demo yes i played them demo.

Except nah? JP PC Server would still be preferable, people playing on PC won't suddenly materialize a 360. JP would still be further ahead, you don't need to pay for DLC, you can play for free and in general you wouldn't need to tolerate the crap service SOA provides.

One good point there though, if you got a PC there are many other (subjectively better) games in the same genre as PSU available, something 360 doesn't have, competition. Which I would call for one of the biggest reasons on why it's still alive to date.

Oh and:

i like the console way better that sitting in front of a computer screen an anyway xbox about to destroy computers consoles after the future you can do everything on a console but download from internet jeez cell phone are better than computer. So in other words, catch up to what PCs have been able to do for years? :wacko:

bloodflowers
Sep 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
Err, Team Meat couldn't do free updates to SMB for x360. They got away with the Internet for different reasons.

Also, MS wouldn't allow some of the achievements TM wanted because they were "too hard."

And so I went away reading. So your point was that Sega aren't using MS rules as an excuse, because a tiny indie studio used a loophole to add content for free?

The problem here is that Sega (who are /supposed/ to be a multinational gaming corporation as opposed to a couple of guys in an office) don't intend to add content because they can't be bothered to put the time or effort in, and that's not because of Microsoft, it's because they don't want to. Don't forget how the 360 fell behind constantly even when updates were simply unlocking data we already had, requiring no MS input whatsoever.

Please stop perpetuating the excuses that it's Microsoft's fault. Many things are (for example the amazingly stupid censor), but this problem isn't.

Canard de Bain
Sep 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
Sega is dumb an making GC as a DLC is what they should've done but hey its sega there greedy scammers i mean really they say we didn't get GC because of xbox but really you know the truth xbox most likey want sega to us MSP so xbox could get a little money but what happen Sega to greedy an say no an now they say xbox stopped them an now they wanna say xbox psu isn't the same as JP psu. All they had to do was add all GC stuff in a DLC an make it like 40bucks for less an add everything with GC an we used mesta to buy stuff but no that cant do that they get no money out of that if they would have done that everyone would be on "XBOX VERSION PSU" an to the comment about people not liken the console um i like the console way better that sitting in front of a computer screen an anyway xbox about to destroy computers consoles after the future you can do everything on a console but download from internet jeez cell phone are better than computer.

Hook your computer up to your tv? Noob. Also, show me a "good" keyboard for Xbox and a high-quality microphone. And support for superior DirectInput devices as opposed to the severely limited, but easier to implement XInput input device format. Also, the tweaking of system parameters to better suit YOUR specific needs.

SupermanNC21
Sep 25, 2011, 10:21 AM
Its so use less cause we already ready know sega favors JP an they always will the same crap will be happen on PSO2 thats happen now because they dumb. If JP couldn't have gotten GC an they where getting reskins while xbox was getting GC an new weps do you think sega would have ever given xbox GC hmm:-o.

Ever other game company should be like sega an favor one country.

Call Duty, Fable, Gears,WOW,EA sports,Final Fantasy, etc look at sega be more like them you dumbs wow who cares about making a game the same for everyone an ever system an you don't need a translator to play the game what.^^;

Miyavi-sensei
Sep 25, 2011, 11:12 AM
Japan is selfish lets face it but they have a right to be since they make all the games, Nintendo and Sony were both created and are run by the japanese, Microsoft is the only American big gameing company and they wanna concentrate on American games that will make them money like Gears of War, we can play the japanese versions of games but we'll always be many steps behind.

moomoopenguin
Sep 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
Its so use less cause we already ready know sega favors JP an they always will the same crap will be happen on PSO2 thats happen now because they dumb. If JP couldn't have gotten GC an they where getting reskins while xbox was getting GC an new weps do you think sega would have ever given xbox GC hmm:-o.

Ever other game company should be like sega an favor one country.

Call Duty, Fable, Gears,WOW,EA sports,Final Fantasy, etc look at sega be more like them you dumbs wow who cares about making a game the same for everyone an ever system an you don't need a translator to play the game what.^^;

Before you put some of those games up, you should really look into them more. Just saying.

bluntpuffer
Sep 26, 2011, 12:18 PM
idk why i see so many complaints but im lovin everything so far lol.

bupjo
Sep 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
idk why i see so many complaints but im lovin everything so far lol. i can only speak for myself, but i had been playing PSU since it came out on 360 back in 2006, and there were bumps along the way but the game was improving and we'd get updates, announcements that we'd be getting the same treatment as the japanese. as months would go on, we'd be behind the japanese content-wise and event-wise...then it became we'd be behind the japanese for a year in content and updates. then recently we were told the 360 servers are "UNIQUE" in that basically don't expect to get the same stuff from the japanese servers. that rubbed some of us vets the wrong way, and some have gone on and joined the japanese servers.

i cancelled my subscription after finding out the 360 was "unique" and i'm having a blast with Phantasy Star Portable 2/Infinity which in my opinion is what PSU should have been anyway. playing PSU after playing the handheld version seems like a step backwards for me. but to each their own, i wouldn't discourage anyone from playing 360 PSU, but i would'nt encourage it either. people like what they like and who am i to tell someone what they should or should not enjoy.

SupermanNC21
Sep 26, 2011, 05:37 PM
umm lets see call of duty gives everyone same thing Xbox gets DLC first but eventually every other system gets it and other games to what ever they all better than them an when i say DLC i mean GC kid thats the only thing we need thats why we get these reskins because we can't pay for everything in the game like JP can. an screw a pc i have never play a pc game an never will Xbox is better gaming i don't only play MMO like you do, but ya whatever its freaking stupid anyway Sega would ever give JP GC you know this is my first every MMO playing an Sega really turning me off of the crap no matter who fault it is Sega should have never came out with GC if they knew Xbox couldn't get it you close down PS2 an PC server so ever will go to Xbox then you do that really cool. I started this game 5 years ago i didn't care about JP been ahead of us but know since we getting this reskins an the 2 grenades i was waiting on are both screwed up they don't do what they suppose to do but ya OK i'm done talkin about this Sega never gonna try an fix it or do anything but i still love Xbox's all some PSU :) its fun with cool ppl on there.

moomoopenguin
Sep 26, 2011, 08:50 PM
umm lets see call of duty gives everyone same thing Xbox gets DLC first but eventually every other system gets it and other games to what ever they all better than them an when i say DLC i mean GC kid thats the only thing we need thats why we get these reskins because we can't pay for everything in the game like JP can. an screw a pc i have never play a pc game an never will Xbox is better gaming i don't only play MMO like you do, but ya whatever its freaking stupid anyway Sega would ever give JP GC you know this is my first every MMO playing an Sega really turning me off of the crap no matter who fault it is Sega should have never came out with GC if they knew Xbox couldn't get it you close down PS2 an PC server so ever will go to Xbox then you do that really cool. I started this game 5 years ago i didn't care about JP been ahead of us but know since we getting this reskins an the 2 grenades i was waiting on are both screwed up they don't do what they suppose to do but ya OK i'm done talkin about this Sega never gonna try an fix it or do anything but i still love Xbox's all some PSU :) its fun with cool ppl on there.

I don't only play mmo's. I'm a pretty well rounded gamer. And I started playing the 360 servers 5 years ago too. But blaming everything on Japanese Sega is a little biased. None of us know what's really going on. So unless some official from Sega tells us something I don't really think anyone should be pointing fingers. This isn't Call of Duty, it's not anything like Call of Duty. And even comparing it to WoW isn't right. I mean Asian servers get all kinds of perks simply because they want people to start playing. So please think before you start ranting without knowing more about something, or at least research.

landman
Sep 26, 2011, 11:45 PM
Japan is selfish lets face it but they have a right to be since they make all the games, Nintendo and Sony were both created and are run by the japanese, Microsoft is the only American big gameing company and they wanna concentrate on American games that will make them money like Gears of War, we can play the japanese versions of games but we'll always be many steps behind.
Did you know, Sega is an American company?

Orochinagi
Sep 27, 2011, 03:35 AM
Did you know, Sega is an American company?

More like "American born" company. Sega is no longer traded on the US stock market. Japan only. This is most likely due to the fact that when they were on the verge of bankrupcy, the remaining shareholders were Japanese and Isao Okawa forgave all previous debts and practically bought the company. From that day forward, all funds in Sega were converted to Yen and was traded on the Japanese stock exchange through various "holding" companies (Currently Sammy).