PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play PSP? (Ad-Hoc Party)

vid
Sep 22, 2011, 11:39 PM
I know I'm stupendously late to the party, but I've just recently picked up Phantasy Star Portable (and am looking to get PSP2 soon) and am making my way through the story. I was wondering if anyone still played the original PSP on occasion... in my experience so far, trying to search for a game on Ad-Hoc Party just results in tons of Monster Hunter based rooms and not much else.

Does anyone still play PSP, or am I out of luck until I can pick up PSP2?

(Wow, it feels a little surreal to be posting here again... haven't been terribly involved in things since PSO Episodes I & II came out. I just needed something to scratch the itch until PSO2 arrives.)

DeviFoxx
Sep 23, 2011, 04:26 AM
Most people nowadays seem to either be playing PSP2 or PSP2 Infinity. You'd be hard-pressed to find people that play PSP unless you had a small clique of people that you played with.

Isoya
Sep 23, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah. But I really do recommend you play through the story, then import your character data into PSP2. :D
From the beginning, you'll get an Exam Saber, and there will be different conversations, related to your Guardian Days!

blace
Sep 23, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah. But I really do recommend you play through the story, then import your character data into PSP2. :D
From the beginning, you'll get an Exam Saber, and there will be different conversations, related to your Guardian Days!

There's no real difference whether or not the character has been imported or not. It only gives you a nifty saber until level 20, and a visual mod based on the type you choose.

vid
Sep 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
Ah, so there's no major reason to grind for levels and items before transferring? Good to know.

blace
Sep 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Ah, so there's no major reason to grind for levels and items before transferring? Good to know.

The only reason is to know the story, otherwise you don't need to complete it. The only thing from PSP that is in PSP2 would be Vivienne and her possible ties to your character, who could be someone else entirely.

Souseiki
Sep 27, 2011, 11:34 AM
I Play on ad hoc party sometimes i try looking for people to play with . but no ones plays on it -_- but yea psp2 or psp2i is what poeple are playing now

blazingsonic
Sep 27, 2011, 05:01 PM
Need a partner? I'll play with ya, what's your PSN?