PDA

View Full Version : I miss ALGO!

MonkeyFunky
Mar 18, 2003, 02:34 PM
I miss the the hustle and bustle of MOTA.

DEZO isn't exactly the best vacation spot, but it sure had great skiing!

I bet headgear, crowns and CAPES are still in fashion back at ALGO. Boy, do i miss CAPES.

who knows? maybe they'll make a PSO sequel back in our hometown??? wishful thinking? thought so.

R

Davion
Mar 18, 2003, 04:16 PM
What I want to know is how we relate to them. M_BlackHawk and I have made some theories for our fics, but we may need to change them if they turn out wrong.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 18, 2003, 05:05 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong (and it's been a while since i've played them), but:

PALMA was destroyed in PSII. We find out in either PSII or PSIII that the people of PALMA fled its destruction. Isn't Pioneer 1 and 2 (and as i've heard, pioneer 3) part of that evacuation?

Originally, the ships that fled PALMA were sort of circular in design with pods (5 or so made one ship) full of habitats for people/animals/etc.

Looking at Pioneer 2, one such pod i can see is part of the main ship, containing the city.

So we're probably Palmans.

R

Guntz348
Mar 18, 2003, 05:11 PM
There was 7 lands in each of the ships. This was shown in PS3. The gaira satalite crashed into Palma and destroyed it. The people fled on the ships, and I assume a small piece of dark forces power, attacked itself and escaped with the ship. Also did'nt one of the ships crash onto motovia in PS4? I belive it may have been the ship that was in PS3, and that's how dark force came back to the algo star system. I haven't played these games in forever, so may be missing a few things, but I miss the old planets too. I want them to add the 4 dams to PSO! Especially if they are all maze like and such, and the biosystems lab. PS2 was my fave btw, if you can't tell. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MonkeyFunky
Mar 18, 2003, 05:35 PM
So then, in the timeline... we're probably about at 7 years after PSII's ending. it's another 993 or so years before Chaz goes on his adventure back home in ALGO... back home... home.... "where everybody knows your name..." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yeah, I think PSII had to be my absolute favorite in the series. As well refined as PSIV was, PSII was my first RPG, so it has a special place in my heart. PSIII was just okay for me. PSI was good too, but i got stuck in the middle somewhere so i didn't actually finish it.

R

Davion
Mar 18, 2003, 06:34 PM
Everyone, go to this site...

http://www.camineet.net/theories/

This site is great for information.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
very interesting indeed!

thanks for the link... but it seems that i've spent much of the rest of my work day reading it! hahahaha!

oops.

R

Davion
Mar 18, 2003, 07:45 PM
On 2003-03-18 16:19, MonkeyFunky wrote:
very interesting indeed!

thanks for the link... but it seems that i've spent much of the rest of my work day reading it! hahahaha!

oops.

R

Lol. Yeah, I read those things alot too. You should see the dream casts.

Ness
Mar 18, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-03-18 15:34, Davion wrote:
Everyone, go to this site...

http://www.camineet.net/theories/

This site is great for information.

I agree Mike Ripp kicks some serious ass. Guess what, he's getting PSO Xbox after all so we wil see him again.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 19, 2003, 06:49 PM
yea, i've seen the dream casts. very nice picks.

Although, neve campbell is just okay. even though she exactly doesn't look like it, I think that Milla jovovich would make a great Nei, provided that she get blue hair.

Ben Affleck for ROLF? ehh. just okay.

Still great picks.

R

sharkie-do
Mar 19, 2003, 06:56 PM
Maybe one of those ships that fled made up the ruins which held a slowly mutating expansion fromdark force which created the new dark falz... i dont know what im talking about so dont flame

Saigan
Mar 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
I think it would be great to see maybe an MMO that takes place in the Algol System. It could take place during the wars that led to Landale becoming King. Just a thought.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 3, 2007, 01:52 PM
The only trouble with that though, is that by that time they hadn't settled Motavia or Dezolis.

Nai_Calus
Mar 3, 2007, 08:00 PM
Probably the best time to set an online multiplayer game in Algol would be right after Lassic's defeat. The players could be bounty hunters working to clear Algol of monsters and dealing with a few remaining stubbon Lassic loyalists or whathaveyou.

(Noah is Lutz, damn it.)

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 4, 2007, 02:21 AM
Who says we won't see it? Think back to E3'04. There was note of a Phantasy Star V there.

Saigan
Mar 4, 2007, 03:41 AM
On 2007-03-03 23:21, Jonathan_F wrote:
Who says we won't see it? Think back to E3'04. There was note of a Phantasy Star V there.

Yeah- we've been playing it o.O lol. It came up as PSO 2? PS 5? PSU! In that it is both a new single player rpg and multiplayer online ARPG. Besides, I'm sure it will be a while before we see another truly new PS game.

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 05:53 AM
I still believe that the best chance to see a mutliplayer online Phantasy Star set in Algol would be pre-waizz landale. Thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of years before PS existed. There's a lot of time to explore between the sealing of the darkness, and it's defeat. Civilisation may have risen and fallen untold number of times before PSI even started. Look at how much Algolian society had changed just over the course of three games - a mere 2,000 years.

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 05:54 AM
I still believe that the best chance to see a mutliplayer online Phantasy Star set in Algol would be pre-waizz landale. Thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of years before PS existed. There's a lot of time to explore between the sealing of the darkness, and it's defeat. Civilisation may have risen and fallen untold number of times before PSI even started. Look at how much Algolian society had changed just over the course of three games - a mere 2,000 years.

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 05:55 AM

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 05:55 AM

Nai_Calus
Mar 4, 2007, 07:10 AM
Though, much of the change in Algol's civilization/landscape has been due to various natural disaster and outside interference - In the aftermath of the conjunction and the loss of the ruling family, Algol's people were probably much more receptive to this Mother Brain thing that promised to take care of their problems. The Great Collapse obviously was responsible for just that - The collapse of Algol's technology and society, from which it had yet to recover even a thousand years later.

Besides, set pre-PSI, they'd have a hard time connecting it to anything casual fans would be familiar with. You'd have to assume a previous space-faring civilization in order to have Dezolis and Motavia in it, they couldn't put techs in there as they didn't exist yet. I suppose you could throw Rappies and Muskcats in there somehow. Honestly, by that time it'd have as much to do with PS as PSU does. XP And any references to the series proper would be utterly out of place.

No, better to set it in a time period with familiar elements, otherwise you just have another barely related PSU-type game, just that it's in Algol instead of Guhral. Setting it between PSI and PSII, especially shortly after PSI, would get the nostalgia thing going in a way that setting it with some forgotten civilization wouldn't. (Besides, since techs were supposedly introduced not long after PSI, you could use them then so all the PSO/PSU people would have something familiar to use and everyone and their mother wouldn't be an Esper. XP)

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 4, 2007, 02:12 PM
Setting it right after PSI also plays an important point in that earth is still healthy there. (evidenced that there's a branch of Space channel 5 on Gurhal) Wait too long on it, and you crash into the Mother Brain incident.

-Kenji-
Mar 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
I miss the days when a Rappy could peck your eyes out and you could fix it by eating a hamburger.